Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 04-30-2020, 05:09 PM   #4081
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Tesla CEO Elon Musk lambasts 'fascist' coronavirus stay-in-place orders..

Tesla (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk assailed the social distancing measures in place over the past several weeks in the electric car-maker’s home state of California and across the country, which led to a weeks-long closure at the company’s flagship Fremont factory.

“I would call it forcibly imprisoning people in their homes against all their constitutional rights ... breaking people's freedoms in ways that are horrible and wrong and not why people came to America,” Musk said during a public call with analysts and investors after reporting first-quarter earnings results Wednesday afternoon, adding an expletive. “It will cause great harm, not just to Tesla, but to any company. And while Tesla will weather the storm, there are many small companies that will not.”

“If somebody wants to stay in their house, that's great,” Musk added. “They should be allowed to stay in the house, and they should not be compelled to leave. But to say that they cannot leave their house, and they will be arrested if they do, this is fascist. This is not democratic. This is not freedom.”

I really do try and stay on top of new events during this time of upheaval, BUT I do NOT recall any governors threatening to arrest people if they leave their house.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 09:52 AM   #4082
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Tesla (TSLA) CEO Elon Musk assailed the social distancing measures in place over the past several weeks in the electric car-maker’s home state of California and across the country, which led to a weeks-long closure at the company’s flagship Fremont factory.

“I would call it forcibly imprisoning people in their homes against all their constitutional rights ... breaking people's freedoms in ways that are horrible and wrong and not why people came to America,” Musk said during a public call with analysts and investors after reporting first-quarter earnings results Wednesday afternoon, adding an expletive. “It will cause great harm, not just to Tesla, but to any company. And while Tesla will weather the storm, there are many small companies that will not.”

“If somebody wants to stay in their house, that's great,” Musk added. “They should be allowed to stay in the house, and they should not be compelled to leave. But to say that they cannot leave their house, and they will be arrested if they do, this is fascist. This is not democratic. This is not freedom.”

I really do try and stay on top of new events during this time of upheaval, BUT I do NOT recall any governors threatening to arrest people if they leave their house.
Poor, put-upon billionaire. I fear he's been hitting the sauce again. As they say in the Southern states, bless his heart.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:24 PM   #4083
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy Proviso to Tara Reade and women like her

It is bothering me, and it keeps coming up inside, so I have to say this:

It's tragic and really unfortunate, but even mad, insane, highly neurotic, delusional and completely dishonest women are sexually assaulted... every day. So, every case must be thoroughly investigated.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 02:59 PM   #4084
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,354 Times in 863 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Post Breaking News Events...

Quote:

Elon Musk is part of the Elite and knows what's up. They all know...they have an agenda.

Bill Gates and the WHO want to make it mandatory for everyone to get vaccinated before returning back to 'normal'. Normal as in leaving your home to get groceries, going to the bank, visiting family, etc.

Whether or not that will happen or when it will happen only time will tell...but one thing is for certain if you go against the government and depending on what it is you will either get thrown into a psychiatric ward or arrested.

Anytime anyone stands up for their human rights they get arrested.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 11:45 PM   #4085
Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,762 Times in 548 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation
Default What boiled my blood today

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/judge-d...8xeDjkABtDNYto
Old 05-04-2020, 10:11 PM   #4086
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
It is bothering me, and it keeps coming up inside, so I have to say this:

It's tragic and really unfortunate, but even mad, insane, highly neurotic, delusional and completely dishonest women are sexually assaulted... every day. So, every case must be thoroughly investigated.
I would say, especially neurotic, delusional woman are sexually assaulted. Experienced predators often choose victims with credibility issues for obvious reasons. I'm not sure I would characterize Biden as an experienced predator, though.

This is the crazy cycle: Girl/young woman is targeted for her difference, or she just happens to get sexually assaulted. It really f***s her up and she starts acting out. The assault/molestation may lead to promiscuity, depression, substance abuse, difficulties within her personal relationships, etc. Experienced predators see a flashing neon sign on that girl/woman's forehead and they make a bee-line for her. She becomes the ideal victim precisely because she lacks credibility due to how she acts out as a result of previous victimization. Every time she's victimized she loses more credibility. Her family and friends may ask, 'Why are these things always happening to you? What are you doing to bring these things on yourself?' And so it goes...
Old 05-05-2020, 06:56 AM   #4087
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

White House Denies Congressional Request For Dr. Anthony Fauci's Testimony

The White House will not allow the leading immunologist on the coronavirus task force to testify to Congress calling the request "counter-productive" to the administration's efforts to contain the virus. Dr. Anthony Fauci's testimony had been requested by the House Appropriations Committee, as part of an investigation into the White House response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

A committee spokesman on Friday said the White House had blocked the doctor from appearing before the panel. "The Appropriations Committee sought Dr. Anthony Fauci as a witness at next week's Labor-HHS-Education Subcommittee hearing on COVID-19 response. We have been informed by an administration official that the White House has blocked Dr. Fauci from testifying," spokesman Evan Hollander said in a statement. Fauci has become one of the most well recognized experts in the administration's coronavirus response team, often speaking publicly during task force briefings, and at times, seeming to contradict statements made by President Trump.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2020, 07:15 PM   #4088
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg

U.S. Supreme Court says Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg hospitalized with infection

Any news re: Ginsburg being sick makes me really concerned; but so far, this seems to be a fairly benign intervention, I hope that she lasts at least until after the election.

“Infection caused by non-surgical treatment for gall bladder condition, says top court
“Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was hospitalized Tuesday with an infection caused by a gallstone, the U.S. Supreme Court said.
“The 87-year-old justice underwent non-surgical treatment for what the court described as acute cholecystitis, a benign gall bladder condition, at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.
“She expects to be in the hospital for a day or two, the court said.
“Ginsburg took part in the court's telephone arguments Monday and Tuesday and plans to do so again Wednesday, the court said.
“She has been treated four times for cancer, most recently in August.
“She initially sought medical care Monday, when the gallstone was first diagnosed.”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/u-s-su...tion-1.5557140
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2020, 09:10 AM   #4089
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Chris Christie Says U.S. Needs to Reopen and Accept More Deaths..

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said on Monday that the American economy needs to reopen quickly and that tens of thousands of more Americans may die from the novel coronavirus, insisting that Americans are “gonna have to” accept that. Speaking to CNN correspondent Dana Bash on her The Daily DC podcast, Christie—who now works as an ABC News contributor—pushed for the reversal of stay-at-home orders in order to open up businesses and ramp up economic activity.

Confronted with recent models that now show that as many as 135,000 Americans will die due to decreased social distancing amid the pandemic, Christie essentially threw up his hands and said there really wasn’t a choice.
“Of course, everybody wants to save every life they can—but the question is, towards what end, ultimately?” Echoing previous comments he’s made that the country cannot wait to reopen the economy, the former Trump transition team member asserted that “we’re going to destroy the American way of life” if people don’t immediately get back to work.

I often wonder when those politicians, who are so eager to open up the economy at any costs, if they stop to think that perhaps some of the deaths could occur right in their own family? Christie has 4 kids and it's a proven fact that Covid doesn't discriminate when it comes to age! No, I doubt they think of that, in their mind it's always going to be someone else's kid or family member!
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2020, 09:27 AM   #4090
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,089 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said on Monday that the American economy needs to reopen quickly and that tens of thousands of more Americans may die from the novel coronavirus, insisting that Americans are “gonna have to” accept that. Speaking to CNN correspondent Dana Bash on her The Daily DC podcast, Christie—who now works as an ABC News contributor—pushed for the reversal of stay-at-home orders in order to open up businesses and ramp up economic activity.

Confronted with recent models that now show that as many as 135,000 Americans will die due to decreased social distancing amid the pandemic, Christie essentially threw up his hands and said there really wasn’t a choice.
“Of course, everybody wants to save every life they can—but the question is, towards what end, ultimately?” Echoing previous comments he’s made that the country cannot wait to reopen the economy, the former Trump transition team member asserted that “we’re going to destroy the American way of life” if people don’t immediately get back to work.

I often wonder when those politicians, who are so eager to open up the economy at any costs, if they stop to think that perhaps some of the deaths could occur right in their own family? Christie has 4 kids and it's a proven fact that Covid doesn't discriminate when it comes to age! No, I doubt they think of that, in their mind it's always going to be someone else's kid or family member!
They're thinking black people and other people of color will be the first to go because we're dying at a faster rate than others, but this is going to backfire on them. Too bad there aren't journalists who will call them on this instead of sitting back quietly and taking notes.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2020, 09:01 PM   #4091
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default When politicians say......

~~
"The american economy needs to reopen quickly even tho tens of thousands of more Americans may die from coronavirus and insist that Americans are going to have to accept that" I would just once love to have a reporter, especially in Trump's case say something like " so you're willing to accept that Baron or even better yet Ivanka may die in order to get the precious economy open"? You know, like make it up close personal....

I think it's a safe bet that Melania isn't about to let Baron to far out of her sight regardless of what that nincompoop of a husband of hers says!
Old 05-07-2020, 07:12 PM   #4092
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Trump contradicts nurse he's honoring over PPE availability...

(CNN)President Donald Trump contradicted a nurse he was honoring in the Oval Office on Wednesday, insisting there are no personal protective equipment shortages in the US despite her account that availability could be "sporadic." "I think it's sporadic," answered Sophia L. Thomas, president of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. "I mean, I talk to my colleagues around the country. Certainly there are pockets around the country where PPE is not ideal, but this is an unprecedented time." "The infection control measures that we learned back when we went to school, one gown and one mask for one patient per day -- this is a different time," she said, adding that she has been reusing a single N95 mask for "a few weeks now." "PPE has been sporadic, but it's been manageable. And we do what we have to do," Thomas said. "We are nurses and we learn to adapt and do whatever we can do for our patients to get the job done and the care provided, and that's what we will continue to do as Covid-19 continues."

Despite her firsthand experience, Trump disputed Thomas' account.
"Sporadic for you but not sporadic for a lot of other people," the President told her.

It was unfortunate that she didn't stand up to Trump and contradict him back! Honestly who would know better, some lard ass sitting in the White House OR a nurse on the front-lines!
Old 05-08-2020, 07:26 AM   #4093
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default DOJ drops criminal case against Michael Flynn....

Judge Sullivan still has to sign off on this fortunately!
Old 05-08-2020, 09:33 AM   #4094
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

OK WE CAN ALL RELAX NOW

"Insect experts ask people to lower concerns about ‘murder hornets’: The facts are, experts said, two dead hornets were found in Washington last December, a lone Canadian live nest was found and wiped out last September, and no live hornets have yet been seen this year."

Don't want to wear a face mask? OK, your decision.
Don't want to wear a bee/hornet-keeper hat and veil? OK, your decision.

Trump has been seen wearing a full-body beekeeping outfit ...head to toe.

Says that anyone who wants one can get one.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2020, 12:04 PM   #4095
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
OK WE CAN ALL RELAX NOW

"Insect experts ask people to lower concerns about ‘murder hornets’: The facts are, experts said, two dead hornets were found in Washington last December, a lone Canadian live nest was found and wiped out last September, and no live hornets have yet been seen this year."

Don't want to wear a face mask? OK, your decision.
Don't want to wear a bee/hornet-keeper hat and veil? OK, your decision.

Trump has been seen wearing a full-body beekeeping outfit ...head to toe.

Says that anyone who wants one can get one.
i have one i bought off amazon for Mr. Jenny to wear when i was a bee for halloween
Old 05-09-2020, 01:42 PM   #4096
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Those cheap motherF*^KERS..........

Supermarket chains begin terminating ‘hero’ pay to their workers.

As parts of the country reopen for business amid ongoing coronavirus concerns, the debate about “hero” or “hazard’’ pay for supermarket workers is getting pushed to the forefront. Kroger-owned QFC and Fred Meyer have confirmed they will be ending the $2 hourly bonus added to employee wages by the end of next week after company officials told employees in internal bulletins recently to expect the extra money to be discontinued. Other supermarket chains, including Safeway and Albertson’s, have yet to decide end dates for their $2 hourly bonus plans, while Walmart’s plan for some associates is due to expire in two weeks. “In the coming months, we know that our associates’ needs will continue to evolve and change as our world responds and recovers,” QFC spokeswoman Tiffany Sanders said in confirming that the company’s “Hero Bonus,’’ enacted March 29, will end May 16. “Our commitment is that we will continue to listen and be flexible in order to make decisions that balance what is best for our associates, customers, communities and the sustainability of our business.’’

IMHO, with still so many states in lock-down, this is pure horse shit to do this to their employees who showed their dedication by staying on the job!
And it brings to mind that old saying "no good deed goes on unpunished"!
Old 05-09-2020, 02:06 PM   #4097
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Elon Musk says Tesla will 'immediately' leave California after coronavirus shutdowns forced the company to close its main car factory

Oh you whining little bitch!
Old 05-09-2020, 03:14 PM   #4098
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
single

Cool Elon Musk

Quote:
Elon Musk says Tesla will 'immediately' leave California after coronavirus shutdowns forced the company to close its main car factory

Oh you whining little bitch!
Maybe, he, Grimes & little X Æ A-12 can move to Mars, through his company SPACEX.

And, he can take Jeff Bezos & Mark Zuckerberg with him, as they are also interested in going to Mars.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2020, 07:55 PM   #4099
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Trump and Pence should go into self-quarantine for the next 2 weeks — according to the government's own coronavirus guidelines.

More than a dozen people who may work near President Trump and Vice President Pence have tested positive for the coronavirus this week. On Friday, Pence's press secretary Katie Miller tested positive for the virus. Eleven Secret Service agents have also tested positive for COVID-19, along with one of President Trump's valets.

This being said and with Trump vigorously promoting the opening of states back up for purely economical reasons, what do you think the chances of either of them self-quaranting? My money is on SLIM to NONE!
Old 05-09-2020, 07:59 PM   #4100
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Dr Fauci enters ‘modified quarantine’ after contact with White House staffer who tested positive for Covid-19.

Dr Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, has entered a “modified quarantine” after coming into contact with a White House staffer who tested positive for the coronavirus, according to CNN. Dr Fauci, a key member of the White House coronavirus task force, told the news organisation he would work from home and wear a mask for 14 days after making "low risk" contact with the staffer. A low-risk contact means he "was not in close proximity to the person who tested positive during the time when that person was known to be positive for the virus," CNN's Jake Tapper reported.

Dr Fauci joins two other members of the coronavirus task force who are already self-quarantining: Stephen Hahn, commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration Commissioner, and Director Robert Redfield, head of the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention.

Tags
breaking news, news