Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

View Poll Results: Are you a Veteran???
I served in the Army 24 46.15%
I served in the Navy 5 9.62%
I served in the Air Force 7 13.46%
I served in the Coast Guard 1 1.92%
I'm a United States Marine 5 9.62%
I served in the Army Nat'l Guard 2 3.85%
I served in the Air National Guard 1 1.92%
I served in a Reserve Component (please specify) 3 5.77%
I served in the Armed Forces of another country 4 7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2010, 02:54 PM   #21
Dreamer

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Dreams do come true...

Thanked 4,233 Times in 949 Posts
Dreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST Reputation

Okay so not American Military but I did get to work alongside our American allies....

Royal Australian Navy
1979 - 1999

Royal Australian Naval Reserves
1999 - 2004
"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you have never lived before" ~Erich~
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dreamer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 03:07 PM   #22
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Speaking of uniforms, a woman in a uniform will drive me to distraction in a good way!
Old 10-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #23
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you. Each of you has given a part of your life to make mine a bit safer and a bit better.

I am a proud military supporter even when the war is unpopular. To twist a phrase, hate the war, not the warrior.

USAF daughter and stepdaughter. My stepdad flew in the Berlin airlift.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 07:53 PM   #24
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,950 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
Speaking of uniforms, a woman in a uniform will drive me to distraction in a good way!
Yeah...me too...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #25
LipstickLola

How Do You Identify?:
Happy
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,597 Times in 433 Posts
LipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST ReputationLipstickLola Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Yeah...me too...

me three!
Old 10-25-2010, 03:14 PM   #26
FlowerFem

How Do You Identify?:
femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
dating

FlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST ReputationFlowerFem Has the BEST Reputation
Default wow JAGG

Jagg wrote,
I am a Marine. (once a Marine....) I was a drill instructor.
Loved every second I was there , I lived my dream. Got kicked out for being gay. You can read about it in a book called "Conduct Unbecoming." By Randy Shilts. Long story. Too long to explain. The book doesn't state all the facts, mainly because I refused to be interviewed by anyone. But court martials are public record, so they got most of the info from that, and then some other info from those who were willing to tell their story .So not always accurate, or the whole complete truth, since it didn't come straight from the horses' mouth, so to speak. None-the-less the book gives you the general idea of what happened.
But don't think I'm bitter, because nothing could be less true. I love the Marine Corps it was my dream to be a Marine. Although it was hard to have the dream taken away, I'm always proud to say I am a Marine. I lived my dream, not many people can say that. Some people live their whole life and never know what that feels like. But I do. And I will always be grateful for that. If I could add one more comment, don't hold it against the Marine Corps, because it wasn't the Corps , just a few homophobic people in it. I had a lot of secret support, from alot of straight hard corps Marines. Doing things that could have gotten them in big trouble, to help me as much as they could.
Hey Semper Fi Oddz. I'm all present and accounted for.
JAGG
Wow Jagg that is incredible. Just the fact that you were a Marine amazes me. I'm going to run out and buy that book. But OMG I can't believe you could be so positive. I know butches who get stared at in public and crumble to pieces, you must be very strong. So you have a book written about you. You are famous then. hahaha Will you autograph it for me? Seriously will you ? I bet it's an amazing story I can't wait to read it. You are an incredible interesting person, if you don't mind a compliment.
FlowerFem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:53 AM   #27
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Comment on: 'Don't ask, don't tell' divides secretaries, commanders.

Subject: GovExec Story:

'Don't ask, don't tell' divides secretaries, commanders.

http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/1010/102210cd2.htm

Go to the link above to read the entire story and the Pro and Con commens at the bottom. To the Vet's and familes and children of Please COMMENT. Tommi

'Don't ask, don't tell' divides secretaries, commanders
By Sara Sorcher CongressDaily October 22, 2010

The three service secretaries now with the power to discharge any openly gay officer under the military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy have all voiced their support for a repeal of the controversial policy in the past, putting them at odds with the senior military commanders.

"It's the first time in the 20 years I've spent studying the military that there has been a split between the Defense Secretary and the Secretary of the Joint Chiefs [who have voiced support of legislative repeal] and the other chiefs," said professor David Segal, director of the University of Maryland's Center for Research on Military Organization.

A directive from Defense Secretary Robert Gates on Thursday limited discharges under the policy to an elite team of five: the Air Force, Army, and Navy Secretaries in conjunction with the Pentagon's legal counsel and the undersecretary of defense for personnel and readiness.

(Link above please see and add your comments., The comments are being read by many.
Thanks Tommi.)
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2010, 07:42 AM   #28
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
Yeah...me too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LipstickLola View Post

me three!
Have 6 minutes. See how far we have come baby.
Even though I didn't get to be a jet pilot, I am One Proud Airman, Tommi

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2010, 08:16 AM   #29
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

Thank you Tommi! She is not butch enough to ring my chimes. Though she is attractive!
Old 10-26-2010, 09:33 AM   #30
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Theo, thank you again for giving us a thread where we can honor all of those who have chosen to serve their countries.

I hope that we can all remember that serving one's country is not a butch-specific act. Many femmes have also served.

I realize folks are having fun with the whole uniform fetish thing but I'd like to remind folks that this thread was started for those who served.

I am sorry, but they did not don a uniform so we could drool on them. And I agree, a uniform worn with pride is a gorgeous thing.

But maybe we can separate the sexual attraction from the actual service since this is a thread about those who are veterans? I'm sure we could start a thread for Uniforms Are Hot that would be loads of fun as well.

Theo, I do apologize for hijacking your thread.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #31
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

This was very cool. Thank you for sharing. One of my grooming clients was an elderly gay woman. She and I used to talk about her time in the Women's Air Corp. She was an amazing woman who did something really dicey at that time. SHe said her father was NOT happy with her but she wanted to serve.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #32
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Army Reserves 83-89
Old 10-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #33
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerFem View Post
Wow Jagg that is incredible. Just the fact that you were a Marine amazes me. I'm going to run out and buy that book. But OMG I can't believe you could be so positive. I know butches who get stared at in public and crumble to pieces, you must be very strong. So you have a book written about you. You are famous then. hahaha Will you autograph it for me? Seriously will you ? I bet it's an amazing story I can't wait to read it. You are an incredible interesting person, if you don't mind a compliment.

It's not that exciting flower.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #34
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGG View Post
It's not that exciting flower.

Well, my Brother, there aren't many who can say they've done what we've done. To us, we know and understand what it is to stand the watch and what it is to leave family and friends behind while we go to "exciting places" and do "exciting things". It's really not that exciting from our perspective, but from the ordinary civilian's viewpoint, what we do is pretty cool.

We did what other people only can dream about. All of us who have worn the uniform of our countries have made a profound difference that way. We are unique. The branches may be different, but we all stepped forward to volunteer, and for that we have done what many others have not done. No one forced us to join. We did it of our own free will and gladly so.

To those people who have such admiration for us, I say thank you. We Vets have made a very special contribution. We saw something larger than ourselves and made a conscious decision to make sacrifices not asked of others. We have many reasons to take pride in each of the uniforms we have worn, be it Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard or Marine. We are one family. We are Butch and we are Femme and there are many who live in the gray undefined areas between the two.

This thread is for all of us. This thread honors and celebrates all of our service. This thread is for those who appreciate our service, too. Thanks to everyone who has posted here in support of us.

Semper Fi,
~Theo~
Old 10-31-2010, 07:06 AM   #35
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

[/COLOR][/PHP][/HTML][/CODE][/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post

Well, my Brother, there aren't many who can say they've done what we've done. To us, we know and understand what it is to stand the watch and what it is to leave family and friends behind while we go to "exciting places" and do "exciting things". It's really not that exciting from our perspective, but from the ordinary civilian's viewpoint, what we do is pretty cool.

We did what other people only can dream about. All of us who have worn the uniform of our countries have made a profound difference that way. We are unique. The branches may be different, but we all stepped forward to volunteer, and for that we have done what many others have not done. No one forced us to join. We did it of our own free will and gladly so.

To those people who have such admiration for us, I say thank you. We Vets have made a very special contribution. We saw something larger than ourselves and made a conscious decision to make sacrifices not asked of others. We have many reasons to take pride in each of the uniforms we have worn, be it Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard or Marine. We are one family. We are Butch and we are Femme and there are many who live in the gray undefined areas between the two.

This thread is for all of us. This thread honors and celebrates all of our service. This thread is for those who appreciate our service, too. Thanks to everyone who has posted here in support of us.

Semper Fi,
~Theo~
I know Oddz. I meant the book isn't that exciting.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #36
Cowboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Holding My Red Circle

1 Highscore

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,230 Posts
Cowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST ReputationCowboi Has the BEST Reputation

The Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall is in my town today.
How humbling to stand in the presence of, and read(through tears) the names of so many that lost their lives.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #37
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,856 Times in 2,470 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default On This Day, a legacy was created.....

An organization of Marines was authorized when the Continental Congress made the following resolution on November 10, 1775:

“Resolved, That two battalions of Marines be raised consisting of one colonel, two lieutenant-colonels, two majors, and other officers, as usual in other regiments; that they consist of an equal number of privates with other battalions; that particular care be taken that no persons be appointed to office, or enlisted into said battaions but such as are good seamen, or so acquainted with maritime affairs as to be able to serve with advantage by sea when required; that they be enlisted and commissioned to serve for and during the present War with Great Britain and the colonies, unless dismissed by order of Congress; that they be distinguished by names of First and Second Battalions of American Marines, and that they be considered as part of the number which the Continental Army before Boston is ordered to consist of.”

Happy 235th Birthday, Marines!!!!!

Semper Fi!!!!

~Theo~
Old 11-10-2010, 09:19 AM   #38
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Happy Birthday to the Corp and all those who died to keep us free, and to those Vets that served. Send courage and safe home coming to all those men and women still in harms way in ths crazy way the world fights today.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 09:33 AM   #39
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default First Ongoing War Memorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboi View Post
The Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall is in my town today.
How humbling to stand in the presence of, and read(through tears) the names of so many that lost their lives.

Thanks for the post Cowboi. We sometimes forget the conflict our country has seen. My town is establishing a permanent memorial now. It used to be just flowers at a corner for some local fallen hero's and grew and grew till it is now going to be dedicated. We saw protestors, vandals, and just outright nasty crap hold up progress. People wanted their children's park instead. This weekend is the dedication.

Irvine Long War Memorial Dedication
by Andy Zelinko Monday, Nov. 01, 2010 at 8:42 AM

The Irvine Long War Memorial will be dedicated 14 Nov. This is the US's first and only memorial to ongoing wars. Like the Vietnam-memorial it has space for 8K names of the dead. It will be more than half filled of course on the 14th, from Iraq and AfPak, but it will be updated yearly with new military dead names. No need for perpetual wars to end in the new world order. Full schedule available at www.northwoodmemorial.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 09:52 AM   #40
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Just popping in to say thank you to all who have served