Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 12-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #41
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Been getting asked this today/tonight:

"How do I put a thread on ignore?"

Here's the answer:

Just go into the thread (like you are reading or posting on it), then go to "thread tools" on the green bar, then select "ignore this thread" on the drop down menu. Voila!

You can also reverse that process if you decide to return to the thread.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #42
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
Been getting asked this today/tonight:

"How do I put a thread on ignore?"

Here's the answer:

Just go into the thread (like you are reading or posting on it), then go to "thread tools" on the green bar, then select "ignore this thread" on the drop down menu. Voila!

You can also reverse that process if you decide to return to the thread.
Just know that when you (general you) visit the "home page" you will still see that thread; however, when you go to "new posts" the thread will not be seen.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #43
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,723 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Can I ask how you post youtube links?
---End Quote---
First, on the YouTube video, you'll see a link like "blahblah=blahblah. You highlight and copy everything after the "=".

Then come back here and in the response page, you'll see an "Youtube" icon. Click this and it comes up . Paste the link (remember, everything after the =)in between the borders. This should bring up the video link when you hit "post".

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #44
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

For those, like me, who are visually oriented lol ......

Also, because I dont see the "=" sign on my youtube videos any longer -- and, of course, some people do it a little differently than I do so ymmv, take what you need and disregard the rest.

-----

First, the short version:

Take a link like this from youtube:
http://youtu.be/ZCFCeJTEzNU

Come to BFP and click the youtube button to bring up these tags:
[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE
(note: I erased the last "]" so you could see the tag)

Add this portion of the youtube link in between the youtube tags:
ZCFCeJTEzNU

-----

Next, the longer, picture-filled version:

Find the video on youtube that you want to share here - I chose the Silent Monks Singing Hallelujah because that one makes me lol:

Click on "share" to get to the youtube link:

Highlight, right click, and copy that link:

Come to the Planet and thread to which you want to post the video - and click the "youtube" button:

Paste the youtube link in between the BFP youtube tags:

Erase what is underlined in red and keep what is underlined in blue so that your end result will look like this:

And your video will look like this:

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #45
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I thought maybe a little laughter might help....
I often make mistakes when writing my own code
(My "spark notes" giggle, from earlier this afternoon-
at least I remembered to use bunny ears today)

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #46
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

Paste the youtube link in between the BFP youtube tags:

Erase what is underlined in red and keep what is underlined in blue so that your end result will look like this:

I'm sorry, it didnt occur to me that those who are color blind would not see the difference between the 2 lines I discussed above ....

So, erase the "http://youtu.be/" portion of the link and keep the "ZCFCeJTEzNU" portion in between your youtube tags.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #47
jac
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
butch stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
masculine ones work best...
Relationship Status:
♥ engaged to spritz ♥

Thanked 16,492 Times in 2,972 Posts
jac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputationjac Has the BEST Reputation

So I searched for quite some time today for the thread "name changes" or something similar to that. I was unable to find it. I was directed to come here and ask if anyone could assist me by posting a link to the thread. I'd appreciate it much... and will see you on the flipside of my name.
jac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jac For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #48
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone4play View Post
So I searched for quite some time today for the thread "name changes" or something similar to that. I was unable to find it. I was directed to come here and ask if anyone could assist me by posting a link to the thread. I'd appreciate it much... and will see you on the flipside of my name.

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=519
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #49
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone4play View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Funny I have been looking for that very thread for DAYS now so thanks for asking and answering....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #50
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Here's how I find stuff.

If I know someone who has posted recently in a thread I can't find, I go to that persons page and look at Statistics, go to threads someone has posted in, and search their stats.
In this case Linus.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #51
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Here's how I find stuff.

If I know someone who has posted recently in a thread I can't find, I go to that persons page and look at Statistics, go to threads someone has posted in, and search their stats.
In this case Linus.
Ha - this is exactly how I find certain threads as well.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #52
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Ha - this is exactly how I find certain threads as well.
It's *totally* not stalking if it's for a thread search.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #53
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes you can find threads by using the Search tool alone and type in the name of the thread your looking for or do a more advanced search by clicking on Search then Advanced search and typing in information it asks for , it also let you use key words as well.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:48 PM   #54
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

My question for help is how do you post a picture like a screen shot into a post? or a picture you want to post? I have yet to know how to do that. It's something new for me. I also would like to know how to make a link to a thread to be able to be underlined and give it a name? like go here and have here underlined or say link here or something like some of you all know how to do. This thread is very Useful to us all.
Thanks,
Just.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:48 AM   #55
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

when I said picture above I meant a picture from my computer that is saved on it and post into a thread. there has got to be a better way to post it than having to upload it to a site and do it from there???? I don't like posting pics too often on sites I don't trust. Just sayin.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #56
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

We don't allow it because of the amount of space it takes on our server (y'all like your LOLCATS too much). If you want to upload one, upload it to your gallery.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #57
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe View Post
My question for help is how do you post a picture like a screen shot into a post? or a picture you want to post? I have yet to know how to do that. It's something new for me. I also would like to know how to make a link to a thread to be able to be underlined and give it a name? like go here and have here underlined or say link here or something like some of you all know how to do. This thread is very Useful to us all.
Thanks,
Just.
Since Linus already addressed your picture question, I thought I'd do a post for the other stuff: adding a link to your post and underlining it.

And honestly, whenever you (general "you") add a link, it is already underlined, so you dont need to add the underline tags, but I added those steps anyway because while a link is already underlined, it is not automatically in bold or italics and the same steps can apply to those.

Side note: this is a very long post with step-by-step pics which may seem tedious to people who already know how to do this, but if you have never done this sort of thing, skipping a step could make the whole thing seem confusing and intimidating, so I tried to include each step here (I also had to remove some of my smilies because we are limited to 18 pics/smilies, so pretend I added a winky-face here!).

-----

Everything you need for a post is at the top of your posting or editing box:

So I will show this 2 ways: first, posting a link and then adding the text to it and then I will show how to add a link to text you already have in your post.

First, you need a link - I just chose a link to your post:

Then you go to where you want to post your link and click the little button that looks like the world with a chain link (see what they did there?):

This box will then pop up:

Without left-clicking inside the box (the http:// should remain highlighted), right click and past the link you copied into that box and hit "OK":

Your link, text, and tags will look like this:

In that highlighted area between your tags is where you would write the text that you would like your link to appear as:

Then, you can highlight that text an add bold, font, or italics, etc (I added underline here, but again, you dont have to do that):

Making your link, text, tags, and editing look like this:

And your post would look like this:

Now, let's pretend you already have a post with a bunch of text in it:

Go get your link:

Highlight the text you want to appear as a link and click the little world w/a chain link:

Paste your link into the box and hit "OK":

Keeping the text highlighted, you can then add your edits, like bold, font, or italics, etc (again, it will already be underlined when you post it):

Your post with text, link, tags, and edit will look like this:

And your finished post will look like this:

-----

Something I have done before and would suggest to anyone new to this sort of thing would be to open up a post and start playing with the edits. You dont have to actually "submit" the post to see what your post would look like, you can hit "preview" and see what it will look like and then go back and edit, playing around with the buttons, links, etc a little more.

Hope that helped a bit!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #58
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:

Quote:

Something I have done before and would suggest to anyone new to this sort of thing would be to open up a post and start playing with the edits. You dont have to actually "submit" the post to see what your post would look like, you can hit "preview" and see what it will look like and then go back and edit, playing around with the buttons, links, etc a little more.

Hope that helped a bit!
Thank you Parker. It seems easy enough to follow. And I never thought about just playing around with the buttons before, was afraid I would end up posting something I didn't really want posted. LOL
Again, thank you to everyone that helps out in this thread,it's much appreciated.

PS. I was talking about being able to post pictures in the "Find Me a picture of" thread and that sorta thing. Do I still have to upload them to another site, then grab and post them from there to the thread?
And, do I have to be a paying member to be able to have some tiny pics at the bottom of my signature line, like some others do ?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:51 PM   #59
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBeingMe View Post
Thank you Parker. It seems easy enough to follow. And I never thought about just playing around with the buttons before, was afraid I would end up posting something I didn't really want posted. LOL
Again, thank you to everyone that helps out in this thread,it's much appreciated.

PS. I was talking about being able to post pictures in the "Find Me a picture of" thread and that sorta thing. Do I still have to upload them to another site, then grab and post them from there to the thread?
And, do I have to be a paying member to be able to have some tiny pics at the bottom of my signature line, like some others do ?
You're welcome

And if you are talking about posting pics from your computer, then yes, you have to upload them elsewhere first. Allowing people to use this site as a place to upload pics from their PCs would use up so much space, I cant even imagine! I, personally, use my Facebook - others use Flickr, Photobucket, etc. - and when you upload it to a site like FB, just grab the URL and bring it here.

If you are talking about using something that is already on-line that you found, then no - you just need to grab the URL and post it using the little picture button.

This post is where I show how to post a pic in a thread - and the same instructions can apply to your sig line. Just go to "edit signature" on your control panel and you will see that it looks very similar to posting on a thread so you can follow the same instructions on posting a pic there; and you can also hit preview there as well so you can see what your sig will look like before submitting it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #60
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Well, this is a tad embarrassing.

After a dozen years in BF space, I have never started a thread from scratch and I realized I don't know how.

I would like to get it right. Any tips? Or maybe a link to where I find out?
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: