Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default BFP Buy and Sell thread!

Hi everyone!

i know that we have some talented folks here on the Planet, and with Admins permission i'd like to start a thread for folks to use when considering things they need or gifts in the spirit of supporting our own community.

i sell my Photography here.. www.ATW-photo.com.

Thank you for those who have purchased my Artwork! It allows me to get the necessary tools to keep doing what i love!

i also sell my crochet things here... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/e...0000417343412/

We sell our home made jams/jellies but are unable to ship them. Some of you got some at the Reunion and i hope you are enjoying them!

So what do you want to buy/sell ????

Disclaimer: This thread is approved by the Owners of BFP but are not responsible for incomplete transactions, unsatisfied customers. Buy and sell at your own risk. Please do not post your payment or personal information and use caution when giving this information out.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #2
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,580 Times in 2,650 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I sell dog treats.
Baked, organic, made to order.

sweet potato treats. chicken treats. peanut butter treats. bacon treats.

all dog approved by z,b,h.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

You're kidding me! That's awesome. Do you have a website?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #4
little_ms_sunshyne

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 12,242 Times in 2,540 Posts
little_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputationlittle_ms_sunshyne Has the BEST Reputation

Dee what beautiful sights your eyes have seen!!! Wow! Those are some breathtaking pictures. Very talented.
little_ms_sunshyne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to little_ms_sunshyne For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #5
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_ms_sunshyne View Post
Dee what beautiful sights your eyes have seen!!! Wow! Those are some breathtaking pictures. Very talented.
Thank you
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #6
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
You're kidding me! That's awesome. Do you have a website?
I don't have a website. Should I?

I normally just sell to friend or friends of friends-- and sometimes give as gifts. My pups are mostly the lucky winners of feasts.

I could post of things I make---

Also, I have never shipped out before-- how would I include shipping costs in prices? Anyone know?

Thanks.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #7
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post

I normally just sell to friend or friends of friends-- and sometimes give as gifts. My pups are mostly the lucky winners of feasts.

Also, I have never shipped out before-- how would I include shipping costs in prices? Anyone know?

Thanks.
Shipping costs are generally per ounces. USPS has the different sized boxes, if it fits it ships for the price the box is. So depending on how much you ship is the per box cost.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #8
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:

Thanks.

Yes and here, the smaller the package the less it cost.

The only treats i've ever baked are peanut butter cookies for my pups.

i'd much rather buy them!

Also if you use Facebook it's a great, free marketing tool
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
TickledPink

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Girly Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss Pink
Relationship Status:
Shacked UP

Location: The Holt-Mason Chateau Decherd/I'm a NashVegas Girl!
Thanked 1,998 Times in 607 Posts
TickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST Reputation
Default Shipping Info

Go to www.usps.com, sign up for a free business account. They will send you all the free boxes you want! If it fits, it ships! Bill your shipping to your customer. Win/Win!

Oh, and my shop is DomesticDiva. I am local for now but will be putting my website up soon as well as Etsy! You can find me now on Facebook.

I upcycle/repurpose antique and retro items, decoupage, photo preservation, etc..... The most popular item right now are the custom dog leash holders! I just finished an order for 18! Yayyyy!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #10
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up Dog Treats!

I would be interested in buying dog treats ..... do you do PayPal??

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #11
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Holy Dawg-- who knew that so many would be interested.

So thank you to everyone for putting up shipping costs/ideas, I really appreciate it, greatly.

I am in the middle of putting together an ETSY acct so I don't have to deal with Paypal and such. Give a me a few days and I'll post my linkage.

Dee-- Thanks for putting this thread together.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #12
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickledPink View Post
Go to www.usps.com, sign up for a free business account. They will send you all the free boxes you want! If it fits, it ships! Bill your shipping to your customer. Win/Win!

Oh, and my shop is DomesticDiva. I am local for now but will be putting my website up soon as well as Etsy! You can find me now on Facebook.

I upcycle/repurpose antique and retro items, decoupage, photo preservation, etc..... The most popular item right now are the custom dog leash holders! I just finished an order for 18! Yayyyy!!!

How cool is this!

Can you post a pic of your items??
Old 11-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #13
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Holy Dawg-- who knew that so many would be interested.

So thank you to everyone for putting up shipping costs/ideas, I really appreciate it, greatly.

I am in the middle of putting together an ETSY acct so I don't have to deal with Paypal and such. Give a me a few days and I'll post my linkage.

Dee-- Thanks for putting this thread together.

Your welcome! i would love to get things from my community members rather than Wal Mart when considering gifts or even items for the house!

Thank you!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #14
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you girl_dee for creating this thread. It is wonderful to see what members are making and selling. I love to shop local and handmade when I can.

I make and sell jams and jellies. This is a new venture for me. And I still have many questions about shipping. It would be affordable for folks if I find the right flat rate boxes. Jars are just heavy.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #15
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

i also sell my crochet things here... https://www.facebook.com/media/set/e...0000417343412/
I love crocheted items & wanted to check yours out, but the above link is broken - it takes me to a blank page on FB
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #16
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzerJ View Post
Thank you girl_dee for creating this thread. It is wonderful to see what members are making and selling. I love to shop local and handmade when I can.

I make and sell jams and jellies. This is a new venture for me. And I still have many questions about shipping. It would be affordable for folks if I find the right flat rate boxes. Jars are just heavy.

Yes this is my issue too. i did mail a scarf with a jar of jam in it and it made it fine but i am sure the shipping was over 12.00 and what a chance it took!

Also the rules are iffy about shipping jam over the border. Being in Canada and most everyone i know is in the US, i have to ship over the border. So i took a chance, and i had to say it was a real heavy scarf.

They could have seized it because if x-rayed jars look like bombs.

Poor Strawberry rhubarb jam could have caused an international crisis.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #17
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I love crocheted items & wanted to check yours out, but the above link is broken - it takes me to a blank page on FB

Thank you and i keep hearing that, please see if this one works!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=8c97010745
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #18
spritzerJ
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Queer (gender), female (biological marker)
Preferred Pronoun?:
she will work as a default.
Relationship Status:
*engaged to jac* until 8/10/14

Thanked 15,802 Times in 2,905 Posts
spritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST ReputationspritzerJ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Yes this is my issue too. i did mail a scarf with a jar of jam in it and it made it fine but i am sure the shipping was over 12.00 and what a chance it took!

Also the rules are iffy about shipping jam over the border. Being in Canada and most everyone i know is in the US, i have to ship over the border. So i took a chance, and i had to say it was a real heavy scarf.

They could have seized it because if x-rayed jars look like bombs.

Poor Strawberry rhubarb jam could have caused an international crisis.
The shipping canned food thing is where I wonder if flat rate boxes could help. I have some nice packing materials. I've been saving. Mostly I realize jam not so popular. Which is just fine.
spritzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to spritzerJ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 03:33 PM   #19
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

I try to use flat rate boxes for all of my shipping because then no matter how heavy it is or how far it is going, I pay just the flat rate for the box. I also love that the USPS will deliver flat rate boxes to me for free, I can buy postage online and print it out here at my desk, and I can sign up online to have my postal carrier pick up my boxes for free so I dont have to go to the PO at all.

During last year's holiday season, I wanted to send my mom and sister some of my favorite wine made here in WA - I did pretty much what -this site- shows how to ship jars of stuff when I shipped them each a bottle or 2 in flat rate boxes.

I also made dog cookies several months ago and sent them to my sister, my mom, and my brother and his family and when I did, I used flat rate boxes to send them.

I know that dee has other things to worry about besides flat rate boxes and bubble wrap, but at least there is a way if there is a will for those in the states looking to ship jars of whatever to each other.

OH, I almost forgot - the USPS also has what they call regional boxes, which are sometimes cheaper than flat rate and are used for sending in the same region, like 2 cities in the same state, etc - something else to look into.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #20
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Quote:

Thank you and i keep hearing that, please see if this one works!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=8c97010745
It worked! I love those - they look very warm and comfy.

Like I said, I love crocheted things - my g-ma back in the day taught me how to crochet and I never stuck with it, but I still love it all -- when a friend had brain surgery a few years ago and had no hair, I ran to eBay and bought a bunch of little crocheted hats for her bald head because it can be cold outside when you have no hair ... plus, she's a femme and really missed her hair but the little hats made her feel better and pretty - hair or no hair

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:

Tags
buy, buy and sell, sell, vendor