Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation
Default FTM Gear

Have any recommendations or Definite Do Not Buys to pass along?

Binders, STPs, packers, PNPs, attorneys, doctors, pharmacies, clothes, whatnot...it's all expensive. So, please pass along your recommendations or save us all some cash by telling us what didn't work for you.

Dylan
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #2
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I use Blowfish, The Transitional Male, and Asian Leather alot.

A huge no-no for gender counseling is Johns Hopkins. They are very anti-glbt.

Underworks for binders.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #3
atomiczombie

How Do You Identify?:
Femmesensual Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His
Relationship Status:
Dating

Thanked 3,221 Times in 757 Posts
atomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputationatomiczombie Has the BEST Reputation

Underworks has some good compression binders that I use and recommend, not terribly pricey either.

www.underworks.com
atomiczombie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to atomiczombie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,119 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
I use Blowfish, The Transitional Male, and Asian Leather alot.
A huge no-no for gender counseling is Johns Hopkins. They are very anti-glbt.

Underworks for binders.

I think you may have a typo, Andrew.

Is this the brand? www.aslanleather.com
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #5
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

What is blowfish?

I use underworks too, but I would really love to find something better. I hate the roll up, and they're just so f'ing uncomfortable. I would really like to find something cooler by summer...

Or A Big Bag Of Money To Pay For Surgery,
Dylan
Old 12-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #6
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Andrew, what do you use Transitional Male for? I know they have a binder program, and they started selling STPs, but I also heard their STPs weren't very good. Have you had different luck? You use aslan for harnesses or what?

I've found the best harness for a pnp is one I made myself (I got the 'recipe' from Hellboi...he has some brilliant ideas).

Also, there's an FTM Foundation I can't remember the complete name of it, but if you search that on youtube, you should be able to find it (although, I will look for it, and come back with the correct name), and they're making a packing harness that looks like it would work really well, and be pretty comfortable.

Dylan
Old 12-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Stay away from Mangos when it comes to STPs. It took them 6 months to finally ship and only after I filed a complaint with the BBB.

DJ Knows Dick isn't too bad and very responsive.

Underworks remains my binder of choice and I've started using their cotton/lycra based binders. These have been working well (a beard has also helped) and are very comfortable. The roll-up issue is reduced. A trick is to also wear a shirt (like an A-shirt) under the binder. I've found this to lessen the roll-up effect. Additionally, making sure the size is right and not going for the ultimate compressing one helps. Those, I find, tend hurt too much and sizing better helps reduce that as well as reduce the roll-up effect.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

great thread
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #9
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,560 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.ftmprosthetics.com/designer.htm

I am working with this company.

This is also one I looked at working with.

http://www.likereal.de/shop/english/home

I realize these arent very cost effective.
weatherboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weatherboi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Stay away from Mangos when it comes to STPs. It took them 6 months to finally ship and only after I filed a complaint with the BBB.

DJ Knows Dick isn't too bad and very responsive.

Underworks remains my binder of choice and I've started using their cotton/lycra based binders. These have been working well (a beard has also helped) and are very comfortable. The roll-up issue is reduced. A trick is to also wear a shirt (like an A-shirt) under the binder. I've found this to lessen the roll-up effect. Additionally, making sure the size is right and not going for the ultimate compressing one helps. Those, I find, tend hurt too much and sizing better helps reduce that as well as reduce the roll-up effect.
Yeah, I've heard nothing but nightmarish stories about Mango...same deal as yours that stuff never got shipped. And then, when it finally did arrive, it didn't work well. I've been thinking about making my own STP (recipe alla youtube). I just don't see why I would pay someone else to do it when I have all the pieces laying around my house for free.

Although, I have heard wonderful things about DJ Knows Dick.

Also, if you go to the pharmacy area of Target, they'll give you medicine spoons for free. I found this out when I went to ask them where they keep the medicine spoons. They just offered them up. The medicine spoon is great, but dammit it takes a lot of practice. And you can't wait too long.

For those who can't master the medicine spoon, I've heard about something bigger for female(bodied) campers (christ, my brain is fried today, I can't remember the names of anything). I've seen guys use that attached to an stp. I haven't tried this myself tho, so I can't offer any sort of recommendation.

And then there's the uber cheap, coffee can lid idea which works well too.

Dylan
Old 12-30-2009, 02:07 PM   #11
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Well, there are a couple:

Go-Girl: http://www.go-girl.com/how-to-get-gogirl.asp

Female Freedom: http://www.femalefreedom.ca/

Old 12-30-2009, 02:08 PM   #12
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
http://www.ftmprosthetics.com/designer.htm

I am working with this company.

This is also one I looked at working with.

http://www.likereal.de/shop/english/home
Please let us know if it's worth the cost. I've seen guys order something similar, but then, we never hear back.

Thanks,
Dylan
Old 12-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #13
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

Dylan - I've used the Underworks T-shirt/binder dealio for a couple years. Granted, I'm not trying to pass for male, so my being pleased with the result may not matter.

They come long so they can be tucked in nicely. I've never had an issue with them rolling up and this kid has HIPS.

I would, however, NOT recommend their FTM swimsuit. That rolls and is uncomfortable as hell. And the bottoms are really just god awful.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:12 PM   #14
Dylan
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Dylan - I've used the Underworks T-shirt/binder dealio for a couple years. Granted, I'm not trying to pass for male, so my being pleased with the result may not matter.

They come long so they can be tucked in nicely. I've never had an issue with them rolling up and this kid has HIPS.

I would, however, NOT recommend their FTM swimsuit. That rolls and is uncomfortable as hell. And the bottoms are really just god awful.
I'm wondering how much of my rolling issue has to do with the 35lbs I've gained right smack in Mahhh Belly. I'm going to try the t-shirt-underneath trick and see if that works until those 6pack abs I ordered arrive (or until I do 1000 sit ups a day).

Dylan...needs to work out
Old 12-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #15
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

Waldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST ReputationWaldo Has the BEST Reputation

this is the one I was referring to: http://www.underworks.com/images/974.jpg I may not have been clear in my previous post.

Hope it helps.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:23 PM   #16
Linus

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post

Interesting. I got the FTM swimsuit and love the top a lot (the bottom is weird). Again, this might be a sizing issue. I have a little more than 35 lbs to lose (damn Canadian beer belly) and actually found the swimsuit top great at compacting without discomfort (except for armpits -- little bit of trimming will resolve that).

Old 12-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #17
Waldo

How Do You Identify?:
Special Snowflake
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Married

this is the one I was referring to: http://www.underworks.com/images/974.jpg I may not have been clear in my previous post.

Hope it helps.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #18
Sam
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 2/11/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
I'll let you know

Sam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST ReputationSam Has the BEST Reputation

Ultimate Chest Binder Tank
Double Front Compression Shirt
Style 997 Color: White or Black
Size - fits Chest: X-small 29-31 / Small 32-34 /
Medium 35-39 / Large 40-44 / X-large 45-48
Price: $29.99 / 3 for 84.99

Size - fits Chest: 2X 48-52 / 3X 53-56
Price: $36.99 / 3 for 104.99

I have found its great for the money. Its tight even with great measurements, but does the job
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:34 PM   #19
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all the links guys

I will check em out when my head aint cloudy
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #20
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Binders

www.t-kingdom.com for binders

Model 801 is GREAT for the summer. Light, but strong.

I also have Model 1700.

Both excellent choices. For a couple of bucks they will customize their binders for you.

I wouldn't hesitate purchasing any binder from these guys. The comparison chart is also very helpful.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote