Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 11-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation
Default For Classic Movie Fans

Comment on anything, everything about classic movies from the 30s through the 70s. Share video clips of scenes from your favorite movies.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #2
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation
Default My favorite movie ever!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzYqUpV_B-A"]YouTube- Sunset Blvd Trailer[/ame]

Billy Wilder if one of my favorite directors, I have seen almost all his films. This by far is my fav (except for Stalag17 of course).

I spent weeks trying to make cigarrette holders with paperchips after I saw it for the first time.

A must see!
Apocalipstic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
Sweet_Pea

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Relationship Status:
Married

Sweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST Reputation

OH! Im a huge classic movie fan, My absolute favorite is the 1959 version of the Imitation of Life.. . . awesome movie.

Im also a fan of Leave her to Heaven, and probably any musical.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP95isl8WHc"]YouTube- Imitation Of Life - Original Trailer 1959[/ame]
Old 11-20-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Pea View Post
OH! Im a huge classic movie fan, My absolute favorite is the 1959 version of the Imitation of Life.. . . awesome movie.

Im also a fan of Leave her to Heaven, and probably any musical.

YouTube- Imitation Of Life - Original Trailer 1959
Ohh, that's a great one! an important subject and Lana Turner.

I love musicals too!
Old 11-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #5
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I love old movies!!! If I am chanel surfing and I pass a BW movie I have to stop. BW's are the movies I can watch no matter how far into it is when I find it (that just sounds confusing!) Love em.....

Oh I watched Breakfast at Tiffany's a couple nights ago. Oh and Rear view window with Grace Kelly... she's dreamy....
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #6
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

An Affair to Remember
The Public Enemy
The Postman Always Rings Twice
To Have and to Have Not
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Asphalt Jungle
Breakfast at Tiffany's
Citizen Kane
Casablanca
Gone With The Wind
The Wizard of Oz
On The Waterfront
Sunset Blvd.
Bridge on the River Kwai
Some Like it Hot
Star Wars
All About Eve
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
Psycho
The Grapes of Wrath

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMQUu-KCXGA"]YouTube- An Affair to Remember (1957) - Ending scene 2/2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3FamVZ6MGM"]YouTube- One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - The Best Of - Part 1[/ame]
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #7
Sweet_Pea

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Relationship Status:
Married

Sweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST ReputationSweet_Pea Has the BEST Reputation

Im with you on two SuperFemme, I love Gone with the wind and Wizard of Oz, u may have a few on ur list i need to check out!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #8
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Pea View Post
Im with you on two SuperFemme, I love Gone with the wind and Wizard of Oz, u may have a few on ur list i need to check out!

I am a classic movie FANATIC, and I own all the films I listed. I would never give a bad idea. Swear.

oh wait, this isn't the lying thread.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:10 PM   #9
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

I seldom turn my TV away from TCM.
I collect movies and wanted to be a screenwriter at one time.
I'm with you on Billy Wilder who's an idol of mine especially the soliloquey in The Lost Weekend.

Favorite Movie of all time, hands down:
The Best Years of Our Lives (1946) directed by my second hero, William Wyler.
Nine Oscars including Best Picture and Supporting Actor, Harold Russell.

See ya at the movies.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 06:18 PM   #10
Rufusboi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Partnered

Rufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST ReputationRufusboi Has the BEST Reputation

I love the opening shot of Touch of Evil. That wonderful long shot. It is a classic to watch and gets me every time. Touch of Evil had one of the first butch characters in film. Rufus
Rufusboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rufusboi For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2009, 06:29 PM   #11
Ms. Tabitha

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Married ~ 4-1-13

Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,041 Posts
Ms. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
One of my favorite movies!! Thank you for sharing.

Ms. Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:40 AM   #12
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Stanwyck

Stella Dallas 1937

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Px0pFoyimc"]YouTube- Stella Dallas (1937)[/ame]

Titanic 1953

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06v1W6jbQwU"]YouTube- Titanic (1953) - Part 5[/ame]

Double Indemnity (1944)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-5wKegyOw"]YouTube- double indemnity innuendo[/ame]
Old 11-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #13
Semantics

How Do You Identify?:
malapropist
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,209 Posts
Semantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST ReputationSemantics Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Geok0XQUUzU"]YouTube- Dangerous (1935) Part 7[/ame]

Bette Davis is amazing in this movie. She's crazy and outrageous and wonderful.

Some of her quotes as Joyce Heath:

Quote:
You're everything that's repulsive to me!
You're wife? I've never been a wife to you, you poor, simpering fool!
If you had any pride, if you were a man instead of a drooling milk-sop you'd throw me out and be ashamed to admit you'd ever married me.
Quote:
I should laugh at you, should I? But I can't help it. You were so awkward that I almost laughed in your face at first. And then it made me sick to think that anyone could be stupid enough to be taken in by old tricks. I thought you might at least be amusing, but you turned out to be dull, and stupid and so afraid. Well you needn't be? I won't hurt your Sunday school romance or your oh so nice career. Hurt me? Get out of here before you give me hysterics!

Quote:
It's either going to be your life or mine. If you're killed, I'll be free. If I'm killed it really doesn't matter. If we both die- good riddance!
Semantics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:07 PM   #14
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Stalag 17
The Apartment
Night of the Iguana
MASH
Nashville
Jaws
Vertigo!!!
Rear Window
The Searchers
McCabe and Mrs. Miller
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken
Double Indemnity!
The Third Man
Rope
To Catch a Thief
Chinatown

Am going to check out some of the films here I have not yet seen Yeay!
I have a teeny Netflix problem
The Following User Says Thank You to Apocalipstic For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #15
HumV4me

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Preferred Pronoun?:
Honey, Baby, Love, Dearest
Relationship Status:
in an animal house

HumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST ReputationHumV4me Has the BEST Reputation

I was watching the TCM channel during the Halloween horror fest... and I have say Dr. Jekle and Mr. Hyde made me laugh all threw the movie. I had read the book and saw some remake of it way back when. The original is the best.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

watching The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence, great old western
Old 12-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #17
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

The Bad Seed

One of my favorite classics based on Maxwell Anderson's play about a murderous 9 year old played by Patty McCormick

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSMdqy3sOFY"]YouTube- The Bad Seed (1956) 06/14 (English - Spanish - Subtitles)[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2009, 08:17 AM   #18
T4Texas

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Ready to play again!

T4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST ReputationT4Texas Has the BEST Reputation

I Love old movies and am also an avid TCM watcher. Some of my favorites are:
Now Voyager/Bette Davis
They Drive By Night/George Raft
Torrid Zone/James Cagney-Ann Sheridan
The Maltese Falcon/Bogart

Really just too many to even list. I also collect silents and have many feature films of the 1920's.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:10 AM   #19
daisygrrl

How Do You Identify?:
mouthy but adorable; kinky Gerbera
Preferred Pronoun?:
hey, cutie (or dudette)
Relationship Status:
xoxo

1 Highscore

daisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default a few of my favorites...

Since I was a little girl, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953) with Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe is one of my all-time favorite movies.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cea1NUnsmQ"]YouTube- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes part 3[/ame]

It Happened One Night (1934) with Clark Gable & Claudette Colbert is one of my all-time favorite romantic comedies.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCqyRmLPI7U&feature=PlayList&p=0F3DAE84C3B D3609&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=55"]YouTube- It happened one night[/ame]

Hold on to the lessons, let go of the pain.
--Leslie Feinberg
daisygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to daisygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2009, 10:18 AM   #20
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Don't like Marilyn Monroe at all. I think she sucked as an actress. Just my .02.