Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 11-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #221
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Wait 'til next year for the 5 which is what they should have been releasing this year but had trouble getting all the gubbins in an even slimmer casing without it overheating badly.

Where'd you hear that, Incubus?
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #222
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

I just use the Apple plug and plug it into my USB port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post

Anybody use a car adapter for their ipods. I've had a couple different ones but they haven't really worked well.
ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #223
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,957 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchEire View Post
I agree, let them work out the bugs first.

To be honest this is what has taken me so long just to get an iphone. They had so many bugs! I am glad I waited and although I love my igadgets I don't feel a need to have the latest and the so called greatest.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #224
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post

To be honest this is what has taken me so long just to get an iphone. They had so many bugs! I am glad I waited and although I love my igadgets I don't feel a need to have the latest and the so called greatest.
I feel much the same way, CD. A phone is pretty much a phone to me. Now when they make one that can whip me up a nice hot pumpkin latte first thing in the morning, I'll be all over that 'ish!!
Old 11-08-2011, 01:44 PM   #225
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah, I never purchase first generation anything.

Quote:

Old 11-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #226
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinaRose View Post
Where'd you hear that, Incubus?
I think it may have been here.

http://osxdaily.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 01:52 PM   #227
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Sadly, I don't think I can wait till next year for the 5. I think I would be happy with one of the older versions of the iphone anyway. I currently have an android and have had it for a year. I love all the apps I can have on it and I don't see anything wrong with a Droid. I just like Apple stuff and think I'd rather switch now. My android is shutting off on me a lot daily, so it's time for a new phone and I have decided based on a poll that I would rather get the iphone than a droid this time around. the only thing I'm gonna miss is the option to have a touch screen and a keyboard. My phone mostly is used for texting and facebooking so I love the keyboard option, but I think I can get used to just the touch screen given that I'm sure the iphone is fun with all the apps and stuff that can go on it.

thanks for all the info. everybody I will check out the USB adapter. I've heard that lots of people use Pandora too. How does that all work? Can you actually play it through car speakers with this USB adapter? Doesn't your car have to have a USB port? Sure Catalina, if you can provide a link or picture that would be awesome. TY!

Yes, I do have a store near me, sooo fun!
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:53 PM   #228
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Sadly, I don't think I can wait till next year for the 5. I think I would be happy with one of the older versions of the iphone anyway. I currently have an android and have had it for a year. I love all the apps I can have on it and I don't see anything wrong with a Droid. I just like Apple stuff and think I'd rather switch now. My android is shutting off on me a lot daily, so it's time for a new phone and I have decided based on a poll that I would rather get the iphone than a droid this time around. the only thing I'm gonna miss is the option to have a touch screen and a keyboard. My phone mostly is used for texting and facebooking so I love the keyboard option, but I think I can get used to just the touch screen given that I'm sure the iphone is fun with all the apps and stuff that can go on it.

thanks for all the info. everybody I will check out the USB adapter. I've heard that lots of people use Pandora too. How does that all work? Can you actually play it through car speakers with this USB adapter? Doesn't your car have to have a USB port? Sure Catalina, if you can provide a link or picture that would be awesome. TY!

Pandora is GREAT! Sadly it does not work in Canada... I think you can use it with droid? You will love how seamless iphone is with itunes...

Old 11-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #229
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinaRose View Post
I feel much the same way, CD. A phone is pretty much a phone to me. Now when they make one that can whip me up a nice hot pumpkin latte first thing in the morning, I'll be all over that 'ish!!

I'm looking for one that will let the pup out at 5am....
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #230
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

New cars have a USB adaptor built in. You can also buy a light plug that converts to a USB port. If you have a newer car too, you likely have the capability to connect your iPhone wirelessly to the speaker and radio via bluetooth. Old school cars can use a USB-slash-audio adaptor cord, assuming you can locate the female port of your speaker input in the car dash.

Quote:

The Following User Says Thank You to ButchEire For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2011, 02:12 PM   #231
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

oops, my car has one of those pluggy things built in so all i have to do is plug it in to my phone or use the bluetooth. the only thing about having the bluetooth on is that it picks up all my phone calls and routes them through the radio. i will be talking and the call will drop out mid sentence and then scare the shit outta me when it blasts through the radio!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #232
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

is it true siri can only be used on a 4s ?
Old 11-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #233
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Yes, that is my understanding.
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #234
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

At this time yes but there is a MacRumor that the 4 may be able to after a software update.

Siri used to be an app in the Appstore so it will work but it's most likely server overload issue since it's crashed once already.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2011, 11:59 AM   #235
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

what if I could buy an iphone 4 for 99.00. but there is no box and they would possibly throw in some accessories would anyone do it?

could I get them to turn it on see if it works , what should I look for?

Also, does anyone have verizon as a carrier and are you paying more than 80.00 per month with an iphone ? I'm not talking about a family plan or anything just an individual.

thanks!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:08 PM   #236
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

iOS 5.0.1 came out today so look into updating if your battery is not behaving. I believe this is the one that will have that fix.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2011, 08:34 PM   #237
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
what if I could buy an iphone 4 for 99.00. but there is no box and they would possibly throw in some accessories would anyone do it?

could I get them to turn it on see if it works , what should I look for?

Also, does anyone have verizon as a carrier and are you paying more than 80.00 per month with an iphone ? I'm not talking about a family plan or anything just an individual.

thanks!

no box? as in the box it came in? It would depend on who and where I was getting it from.

Plans for iphone are not different than any other phone, all you need is a data plan to use it for internet, plus a cell plan. Mine is about 100.00 a month but I do have a couple extras.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:35 PM   #238
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Default I got this in my email.. anyone? Help!

LEGAL NOTICE

If you are the original owner of certain MacBook or MacBook Pro computers and/or you purchased a standalone 60W or 85W MagSafe power adapter for these computers, you could be entitled to benefits under a class action settlement

The settlement will provide a cash payment if you are the original owner (by purchase or gift) of certain Apple MacBook or MacBook Pro computer models (“Subject Computer”) or separately purchased an Apple 60W or 85W MagSafe “T” Power Adapter (“Adapter”), your Adapter showed signs of Strain Relief Damage, and you purchased an Adapter as a replacement (“Replacement Adapter”) within three years of purchasing the Subject Computer or Adapter. You may also be able to obtain a replacement adapter at no charge from Apple if your Adapter shows signs of Strain Relief Damage now or in the future. The United States District Court for the Northern District of California authorized this notice. The Court will have a hearing to consider whether to approve the settlement, so that the benefits may be paid.

WHO’S AFFECTED?

You’re a “Class Member” if you are a United States resident who purchased in the United States an Apple MacBook or MacBook Pro computer or an Apple 60W or 85W MagSafe MPM-1 (“T”) Power Adapter.

WHAT’S THIS ABOUT?

The lawsuit claimed that the MagSafe “T” Adapter is defective in that it allegedly “dangerously frays, sparks and prematurely fails to work,” and that Apple engaged in misrepresentations regarding the Adapter. Apple denies all allegations and has asserted many defenses. Apple is entering into this settlement to avoid burdensome and costly litigation. The settlement is not an admission of wrongdoing.

WHAT CAN YOU GET FROM THE SETTLEMENT?

Apple has agreed to provide a cash payment to Class Members who purchased a Replacement Adapter for a Subject Computer or Adapter covered by the settlement and who send in a valid claim form. The settlement provides for different cash payments depending on when you purchased a Replacement Adapter.

YEAR REPLACEMENT ADAPTER PURCHASED
CASH PAYMENT AMOUNT
YEAR 1
THE ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID FOR THE REPLACEMENT ADAPTER (EXCLUDING TAX & SHIPPING) UP TO $79
YEAR 2
$50
YEAR 3
$35

There is a limit of three refunds per Subject Computer.

You may also be able to obtain a replacement adapter at no charge from Apple if your Adapter shows signs of Strain Relief Damage now or in the future.

HOW DO YOU GET A PAYMENT?

A detailed notice and claim form package contains everything you need. Just call 1-888-332-0277 or go to www.AdapterSettlement.com to get one.

HOW DO YOU GET A REPLACEMENT ADAPTER?

If your Adapter shows signs of Strain Relief Damage now or in the future, you may claim a replacement under Apple’s Adapter Replacement Program by taking your Adapter and computer to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider or contacting AppleCare. Strain Relief Damage means fraying, melting, straining, sparking, weakening, discoloration, bubbling, overheating and/or separation of the Adapter’s strain reliefs.

IMPORTANT DEADLINES

To claim a cash payment, you must mail the claim form postmarked on or before March 21, 2012. To obtain a Replacement Adapter, you must contact Apple within three years from the date you purchased a Subject Computer or standalone Adapter, or May 21, 2012, whichever is later; no claim form is required. If you do not claim a cash payment or Replacement Adapter within these time periods, you will lose your right to obtain these benefits.

WHAT ARE YOUR OPTIONS?

If you don’t want to make a claim and you don’t want to be legally bound by the settlement, you must postmark your request to exclude yourself by January 6, 2012, or you won’t be able to sue, or continue to sue, Apple about the legal claims in this case. If you exclude yourself, you will not be eligible to receive a payment from this settlement.

If you stay in the Class, you may object to the settlement. Objections must be received by January 6, 2012. The detailed notice describes how to exclude yourself or object. The Court will hold a hearing in this case (In re MagSafe Power Adapter Litigation, Case No. C09-01911-JW) on February 27, 2012, at 9:00 a.m. to consider whether to approve (1) the settlement and (2) attorneys’ fees and expenses of up to $3.1 million and service payments to Plaintiffs of $5,000 each (not to exceed $30,000). You may appear at the hearing, but you don’t have to. To obtain a full notice and claim form, go to www.AdapterSettlement.com or call toll free 1-888-332-0277. For more details, go to www.AdapterSettlement.com or contact Helen Zeldes, Esq., Zeldes & Haeggquist, LLP, 625 Broadway, Suite 906, San Diego, CA 92101, 619-342-8000 or contact Steven A. Skalet, Esq., Mehri & Skalet, PLLC, 1250 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20036, 202-822-5100.

Please do not reply to this email.
Forward
Old 11-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #239
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Also, how long SHOULD the dang battery last on an iphone?
Old 11-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #240
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Also, how long SHOULD the dang battery last on an iphone?
iPhone Battery Life
Apple's Official Battery Commentary

Which iPhone do you have?
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post: