Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 03-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #241
daisygirl

How Do You Identify?:
bisexual submissive femme babygirl :)
Relationship Status:
proud babygirl to the sweetest Daddy who came from Alaska to keep me safe and happy :)

daisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncommondialogue View Post
I have been watching a lot of different sites for vaping and I am so glad I purchased the Totally Wicked Tornado Tank. It has great reviews. I got a wee bit confused about dripping while reading this site. I guess because with this system it is an automatic dripping system...no need for the mess of carrying around juices, etc. Thought I would post this system for others to take a peek at. I love it!
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...o+tank+reviews
Dripping isn't done on a PV like yours. You have a tank system with a very specific tank atomizer. You can buy a normal atomizer to use with your PV and then you could drip if you wanted to.

Dripping is when you have only an atomizer on the PV and you drip a few drops in at a time to vape them. There are a lot of people who do this, even with the advent of all the tanks systems and assorted tanks like Vivi Nova's, CE's and T3's. There are a couple of atomizers that are most commonly used: the 510 and the 306. Both are 510 threaded and come in standard, low resistance and high resistance, and with the 510 there's also an option to not have a metal bridge in the atomizer (many people removed these so they started manufacturing them without them in a different configuration.

If you're curious about dripping, you should be able to find any of the 510 or 306 atomizers with no problem for under $6 or so. You *have* to buy a different drip tip for the 306 than you do for the 510 (the 510 one is the one most people use on their tanks and cartomizers) - the good thing is you can get them for $2 just like any cheap 510 drip tip

Have fun!

-daisy
Old 03-17-2013, 01:17 AM   #242
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

I bought a vaporizor today. Is steeping only important if one is using nicotine? If its been sitting in the store for a while, does that count as pre-steeped?

I am interested in adding clove, lavender, or sage for health reasons (anti-anxiety) to my juice and I know that many people use vaping for pot so this is not an original idea. Is there any advice you can give me?

Thank you!

AND your not alone. thetrevorproject.org
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2013, 01:30 AM   #243
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

Thanked 2,300 Times in 890 Posts
meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlsNLace View Post
I bought a vaporizor today. Is steeping only important if one is using nicotine? If its been sitting in the store for a while, does that count as pre-steeped?

I am interested in adding clove, lavender, or sage for health reasons (anti-anxiety) to my juice and I know that many people use vaping for pot so this is not an original idea. Is there any advice you can give me?

Thank you!
I know they sell just flavoring juices, meaning, no nicotine, but I am guessing you mean cold-pressed or essential oils? Don't take my word for anything, this is all new to me, but, I think it depends on how thick the liquid is and what type of system you are using, maybe? I'm sure someone will answer who knows for sure.

I wanted to ask you a question about your juices - Did you purchase them at a Vape store? Like a local place?

Old 03-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #244
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I watched a youtube video addressing this issue...the guy said fir when you draw, lrsbr in mouth...inhale...then inahale again...most of the vapor doesn;t show after that

I do as you describe here, I draw on the vape, then inhale the last little bit of vape that lingers in the tip, allowing no vape to linger in the air. Then I either hold it in long enough that when I exhale there is no vapor, or I blow it into my sleeve, or put my head down and blow it into the front of my clothing.

I did this in a team meeting the other day, I had my vape end tucked into the long arm of my cardigan, and no one was the wiser. The people I have asked about it, tell me that it just looks like I'm biting on the tip of a very fancy pen.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #245
uncommondialogue

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian; BEMME: Femme with a Butch brain; think Jill from The REAL L Word
Preferred Pronoun?:
SHE
Relationship Status:
Single and looking

uncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputation
Default dripping

I don;t quite get the draw to dripping. To only put a few drops on to only get a few hits off seems like a pain to keep having to add juice. What is the real draw to dripping????

Semper Fi

uncommondialogue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uncommondialogue For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #246
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

meridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputationmeridiantoo Has the BEST Reputation
Default Ordered 2 more juices from V4L

I purchased 2 more juice flavors today:

Clove

Very Cherry

Will post my review when it arrives.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #247
daisygirl

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
proud babygirl to the sweetest Daddy who came from Alaska to keep me safe and happy :)

daisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputationdaisygirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Thank you!
When people vape pot, they're burning it in a vaporizer, not inhaling vaporized liquid. They are two very different types of vaporizers. You should ask a dr if it's safe to directly inhale liquid lavender or sage - clove is a flavor additive that you can find on various sites that sell e-cig flavorings. I don't know if it's safe for your lungs to inhale sage, primarily - i'm pretty sure i've seen lavender, but don't know where to find the flavor. When working with e-cigs, you can't use essential oils, you need to use flavorings made expressly for use in an e-cig. Oils can damage or destroy a PV. i have over 200 flavorings and although i've seen clove, i haven't seen the other 2, so be very cautious before you take that step.

As far as steeping, without the nic the only reason to steep is to allow flavors to meld. If you try it and it tastes good to you, you don't need to steep it - that goes for fresh flavors too - some are fine immediately...steeping comes down to "does this taste right or should i let it sit for a little while."

Quote:
I don;t quite get the draw to dripping. To only put a few drops on to only get a few hits off seems like a pain to keep having to add juice. What is the real draw to dripping????
It's because you get better flavor. It doesn't get dulled by being in a carto or tank, although newer tanks are OK on flavor and some are really good on keeping flavor. When I drip, it's kind of like a little time for me to be active in my vaping, kind of like when i had to light and deal with a cig. Sounds nutty, but a lot of people feel that way, lol. It's a personal choice and even with those newer, fresher taste tanks, i still like having my quiet time with my ecig and just enjoying the flavor - it's never as fresh as it is when you drip

Hope that explained things (including little rituals, lol)

-daisy
Old 03-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #248
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post

I wanted to ask you a question about your juices - Did you purchase them at a Vape store? Like a local place?

I purchased it in a kiosk. My fiance and I are going to start making our own.

AND your not alone. thetrevorproject.org
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PearlsNLace For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2013, 02:41 PM   #249
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Thank you!
Daisy already said most of what I was going to say regarding what's safe, etc. The one thing I did want to point out is the term 'vaporizor' is used for a few different products.

Most of us on here are talking about ecigs (battery to heat atomizer to vaporize e-liquid). There are products like the PAX vaporizer from Ploom that uses heat to vaporize plant material - it doesn't burn the material, but heats it.

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #250
meridiantoo

How Do You Identify?:
A Speck in the Milky Way
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her, She
Relationship Status:
Monogamous relationship

I have 4 cartomizers of pre-loaded tobacco flavor from V4L called 555. They get a 4.5 out of 5 star rating. This is the website description of them:

"This sensory-pleasing electronic cigarette cartomizer includes our distinctive 555 e-liquid flavor blend. While your taste buds savor the complex harmony of sweet, cured tobacco and freshly harvested hazelnut, your worries will drift away with the voluminous clouds of relaxing cartomizer vapor."

I also have a spearment pre-loaded flavored cartomizer.

These are 808D threaded cartomizers.

I'm sure I won't use them. If anyone wants them, I will be glad to pop them in the snail mail for you. If you want them, just IM me and let me know.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #251
Loren_Q

How Do You Identify?:
Loren. If you want to know about me, just ask.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her, but I'm not that picky.
Relationship Status:
it's complicated...

Loren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST ReputationLoren_Q Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Daisy pointed out the fresher flavor, ritual reason. Another is it's a less expensive option if you want to change flavors. Yeah, the first drip with a new flavor may have a mixture of old/new but that quickly heats off.

So if you like switching flavors throughout the day (and I do) you can drip (which I don't do) or carry a few different flavors in cartos with you. I use a small cigarette case to carry 3 cartos and an extra battery, it's not larger than my wallet so it fits fine in my pants or a jacket pocket.

When I graduate up to an ego, I'll have to find an easy way to carry 3 or 4 clearomizers (type of tank) with me. I'll tackle that when the time comes.

"Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
Oscar Wilde
Loren_Q is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Loren_Q For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #252
LaDivina

How Do You Identify?:
Lady-femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady-ones

Thanked 1,729 Times in 413 Posts
LaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST ReputationLaDivina Has the BEST Reputation

I just made another order at ECBlends, including one I invented myself! I called it Bananas Foster...banana, brown sugar, rum, and cinnamon. I can't wait to taste that. The others are Dragon's Blood (Hollylane, was it you who said you loved that one?) Margarita (lime,) and a bigger bottle of Strawberry Daiquiri because my little one is almost gone.
LaDivina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LaDivina For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #253
uncommondialogue

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
SHE
Relationship Status:
Single and looking

uncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputationuncommondialogue Has the BEST Reputation
Default Juices

Gonna try that site also. Have looked at it and the way you can customize your own blends sounds great. First of the month, when the budge allows, am going to try sample packs and some of my own blens. Thanks all for the info and sites to bu juices from.

Semper Fi

Old 03-21-2013, 12:02 PM   #254
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDivina View Post
I just made another order at ECBlends, including one I invented myself! I called it Bananas Foster...banana, brown sugar, rum, and cinnamon. I can't wait to taste that. The others are Dragon's Blood (Hollylane, was it you who said you loved that one?) Margarita (lime,) and a bigger bottle of Strawberry Daiquiri because my little one is almost gone.
Yes, I did get the Dragon's Blood. I love the flavor of it. I wanted to ask others if they have experienced the pg/vg blends cooking to a dark and thick consistency. I have only had that problem with the Dragon's Blood, which sucks, because I would use that as a daily one. I vape heavily, so I'm thinking that it is heating up the vg portion of the blend and actually cooking it. This leads to leaking too. Anyone else having that problem with a pg/vg?
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #255
uncommondialogue

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
SHE
Relationship Status:
Single and looking

Default EGO C

Decided at first of the month, when the funds are there, to get the EGO C from Totally Wicked--nice two tank starter kits there. Their customer service was good answering questions for me when I called them today. The highly recomend the EGO C units.

Can hardly wait to order juices from sites you all recommended.

Semper Fi

The Following User Says Thank You to uncommondialogue For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #256
daisygirl

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
Yes, I did get the Dragon's Blood. I love the flavor of it. I wanted to ask others if they have experienced the pg/vg blends cooking to a dark and thick consistency. I have only had that problem with the Dragon's Blood, which sucks, because I would use that as a daily one. I vape heavily, so I'm thinking that it is heating up the vg portion of the blend and actually cooking it. This leads to leaking too. Anyone else having that problem with a pg/vg?
Almost all juice can eventually "cook down" in any type ofcvfr tank or clearomizer. Sometimes it actually tastes better, and you can also add fresh juice to it to thin it back out again when it's low. You can also, of course, clean out the tank/clearo and refill it, i haven't found the need to yet as when i add fresh juice it thins back out. As far as leaking, I don't know what you're vaping with so I can't really give you an answer without knowing. I haven't noticed a difference between pg/vg levels and it happening - it just sort of happens. You'll find that if you try to drop to no VG - you're going to lose the vapor and have quite a throat hit to boot. I used to think it was darker liquids that went thick/cooked down faster, but it's all juices, no matter their color to start with.

Hope that helped at least a little!

-daisy
Old 03-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #257
uncommondialogue

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
SHE
Relationship Status:
Single and looking

Default Joye Ego E

Does anyone have a site for the best price on the starter kit for the Joye Ego E kit?

Semper Fi

Old 03-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #258
daisygirl

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Does anyone have a site for the best price on the starter kit for the Joye Ego E kit?
There's no such thing as a Joye Ego E kit. There's the regular ego, ego T, ego C and ego VV. The only Joye product with an E at the start of it is the Ovale Elips...is that the one you mean? You may have gotten confused because they separate the E from E Cig in a lot of listings.

If you can find the one you're talking about, post a link and I'll do some searching for pricing for you

Thanks!

-daisy
Old 03-25-2013, 11:31 AM   #259
uncommondialogue

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
SHE
Relationship Status:
Single and looking

Default Ego-C

That must have been an old review/ad I saw on the internet. The Ego C Twist with the variable battery sounds interesting. Also saw an Ego-C starter kit on SmokeyStick.com for much less expensive than other site. Have een that Joye E is the best EgoC brand to go with. Don;t think I am going to get into dripping. I have several tips I can just put different flavor juices in and put in a case.

Semper Fi

Old 03-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #260
daisygirl

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
That must have been an old review/ad I saw on the internet. The Ego C Twist with the variable battery sounds interesting. Also saw an Ego-C starter kit on SmokeyStick.com for much less expensive than other site. Have een that Joye E is the best EgoC brand to go with. Don;t think I am going to get into dripping. I have several tips I can just put different flavor juices in and put in a case.
The Twist is the VV (variable voltage) that i mentioned. It's a great starter device and you may not play much with the "twist" portion as much at first, but you'll like it when you start tweaking flavors and know that some taste better at a higher/lower voltage, whereas with the non twist models you're getting 3.7v and that's it. This will give you (i think) 3.0 to 5.0 or something very similar.

As far as dripping, you need atomizers to go with those drip tips. With dripping, you'd need to bring the juice with you because you're only dripping 3 drops or so each time, it's different than using a cartomizer - you can't drip on a cartomizer, only an atomizer - so be aware of that

GL - i think you'll enjoy the twist!

-daisy