Old 01-25-2017, 07:49 PM   #581
Soon
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
attached

Thanked 13,118 Times in 3,391 Posts
Soon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST ReputationSoon Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I have not watched the documentary....

What is this about? What is balanced? And what is your goal in posting this?

Honestly, if it is another post where you, as a cis person, are questioning the accepted medical care/looking to debate the care or rights given to trans people, I wish you would create another thread for that.

It doesn't feel good to see those kind of posts in a trans thread, by a cis person. I will be honest and tell you that I am not sure of your agenda and it makes me uncomfortable.
It's a documentary discussing the varying ways of treating GNC and/or trans kids. I thought this WAS the appropriate thread. It doesn't "feel good" for me to post a documentary on this issue and I must have some nefarious agenda? My *agenda* was only to give people the link if they were interested. I don't appreciate the accusatory and arrogant tone of your post or suggesting that I create another thread. As for the word "balanced"--there is much to be discussed with not just one way of treating children who are GNC or trans. I can't help that you are uncomfortable with a link to a documentary that presents different approaches, personal stories, and medical opinions/treatments. You haven't even *watched* the documentary and you're coming at me like this b/c of the word "balanced" in the title of my post? Wow.

ETA: As an educator who teaches GNC and trans kids, this phenomenon of children transitioning is of great interest to me. This IS the Trans Zone. It is a documentary on this issue. I thought others may wish to view it. Don't watch it if you're not interested.
Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Soon For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2017, 09:04 PM   #582
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I have not watched the documentary....

What is this about? What is balanced? And what is your goal in posting this?

Honestly, if it is another post where you, as a cis person, are questioning the accepted medical care/looking to debate the care or rights given to trans people, I wish you would create another thread for that.

It doesn't feel good to see those kind of posts in a trans thread, by a cis person. I will be honest and tell you that I am not sure of your agenda and it makes me uncomfortable.
I frequently post articles or medical peer reviewed studies in this thread that I think may be of interest to trans folks and I am a cis person, too.

Are we not allowed to?

I have never posted anything in this thread that was insulting or transphobic and have always posted coming from a place of genuine care.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2017, 09:39 PM   #583
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I frequently post articles or medical peer reviewed studies in this thread that I think may be of interest to trans folks and I am a cis person, too.

Are we not allowed to?

I have never posted anything in this thread that was insulting or transphobic and have always posted coming from a place of genuine care.
I suppose anyone can post anything that they want as long as it is not against the TOS. I have enjoyed the things you have posted. I have never thought anything that you posted was insulting or transphobic.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2017, 07:47 PM   #584
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

An FYI for California residents.

The state has just proposed a bill allowing California ID's to have 3 choices for gender. There will be male, female and non-binary options. The bill (which is expected to pass easily), will also include making the process of changing gender markers on birth certificates streamlined and less time consuming.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2017, 07:38 PM   #585
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default It looks like trans folks are getting hit first

Hey, guys. So the shit has already started for us trans folks.

Transgender Rights are under attack in these 11 states

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...wyoming-kansas

I would strongly suggest that you get whatever document changes you can do in your state ASAP, even those that are democratic states.

I would even more strongly suggest you change these two federal documents:

1) passport
2) change your gender marker with social security.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-31-2017, 07:53 AM   #586
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default Boy Scouts is FINALLY letting trans boys join!

Although the change is not due to acceptance that we don't have any control over our gender, at least our kids are no longer being turned away from scouting!

I didn't expect this to happen with Trump in office, but gender identity discrimination laws are keeping them from being able to access meeting areas and such. It impacts them from being able to run their business, you see...

"For more than 100 years, the Boy Scouts of America, along with schools, youth sports, and other youth organizations, have ultimately deferred to the information on an individual’s birth certificate to determine eligibility for our single-gender programs,” Delimarkos said in explaining the thinking behind the new policy. “However, that approach is no longer sufficient as communities and state laws are interpreting gender identity differently, and these laws vary widely from state to state.”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/dominichold...XAG#.mr5Qb0wlE

Of course, the Girl Scouts have always let all girls in...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2017, 10:46 AM   #587
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

San Francisco to name part of Tenderloin as first transgender historic district

By Dawn Ennis · Friday, February 3, 2017

San Francisco politicians, local activists and a hotel and condominium developer came together this week to announce the designation of the first transgender historic district in the United States.

“I’m excited that for the first time ever, and and as far as I know in the world, that we are commemorating a social cultural district for Transgender and non-gender conforming community,” said San Francisco Supervisor Jane Kim on Tuesday.

The location is within the Tenderloin, which is where what’s believed to be one of the first LGBTQ protests originated. It will be called the Compton’s TLGBT District and will cover six blocks in the Tenderloin district from Market including two blocks of 6th street.

The new historic district gets its name from the Compton Cafeteria riots of August 1966.

A cafeteria owned by Gene Compton was a local gathering place for the transgender community. Staff complained about the cross-dressing patrons and asked police to crack down, because cross-dressing was illegal at the time. Police raided the business, sparking demonstrations and riots.

Although an LGBTQ protest at Independence Hall in Philadelphia on July 4, 1965 preceded the uprising, the Compton Cafeteria riots are considered the first transgender riot in the United States, preceding Stonewall in New York City by three years, and a deal was struck with the developer to preserve that history.

“This is a great thing. Everyone ended up a winner. The SRO housing will be built. It will be a thriving district and not just a plaque on the wall”, said Honey Mahogany of the Compton district to KTVU-TV.

The station reported the boarded and vacant building in the 900 block of Market will be replaced with a hotel and condo complex which will transform the district and create a safe haven for the transgender community as well as low-income people.

http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2017/02/s...oric-district/

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2017, 06:34 PM   #588
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default It's tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
National Geographic gender documentary, hosted by Katie Couric, airs on February 6th.

I've heard great feedback from it so far.

Linky loo!
I hope it is good. I think I will tell my mother to watch.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...-katie-couric/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2017, 11:10 PM   #589
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Angry Trans Folks are getting hit again....

Wisconsin pulled the plug on their trans healthcare that was required to go place as of January 1, 2017 (Section 1557 of the ACA = Affordable Care Act)

They have no fear they will be held accountable as Trump made an executive order to [go easy] on states/companies not following the ACA rules.

I am sure we will see other red states follow...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ampaign=buffer

As I said on another post/thread, Trump won't give a shit who is stepping on trans people...they are lowest on the socio economic scale. They don't have the money or power or influence that the Gs in the LGBT community have. (Gs = gay men).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2017, 04:50 PM   #590
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hi all.

My spouse is trans, but not transitioning.

Kasey is on the phone as a travel agent all day long, and at 64 something is happening with his voice. Kasey is being called ma'am by everyone he speaks with...this has just started the last few weeks and is driving him batty.

Any suggestions?
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:41 PM   #591
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
Hi all.

Kasey is on the phone as a travel agent all day long, and at 64 something is happening with his voice. Kasey is being called ma'am by everyone he speaks with...this has just started the last few weeks and is driving him batty.

Any suggestions?
Does Kasey feel safe? Is Kasey feeling stressed out? Is Kasey holding his breath? Anything that would tighten the vocal chords would make the voice higher. I'm sorry it is driving him batty, that is just probably making it worse. Maybe its time for a check-up.

Best of luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2017, 05:51 PM   #592
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation
Default Transgender Law Center

If anyone is unaware of the Transgender Law Center, please take the time to click, and check it out. Based here in San Francisco, they are such wonderful folks, and like every other marginalized group of people, they are trying to raise funds right now. They know that they have a busy year ahead. Even if you can't donate something to them, check out their web site, its full of all kinds of information.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2017, 02:37 PM   #593
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

BREAKING: On February 10, just two days after Jeff Sessions was sworn in as Attorney General, the Department of Justice took a first step toward dropping their defense of the transgender student guidance in court. While the guidance is still in place, this is a major signal that Attorney General Jeff Sessions is likely planning to stop defending the guidance entirely and may try to reverse the guidance. It is more important than ever to take action now to stop this from happening...

http://www.transequality.org/school-action-center
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2017, 05:51 PM   #594
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
BREAKING: On February 10, just two days after Jeff Sessions was sworn in as Attorney General, the Department of Justice took a first step toward dropping their defense of the transgender student guidance in court. While the guidance is still in place, this is a major signal that Attorney General Jeff Sessions is likely planning to stop defending the guidance entirely and may try to reverse the guidance. It is more important than ever to take action now to stop this from happening...

http://www.transequality.org/school-action-center
Lovely. I just spent a year explaining what this was to school administrators (over and over and over again), and pushing them to support our trans kids in using the right restroom. I don't expect that the schools who have trans kids will tell them to go back to using the "nurses office", but no longer having the "federal guidance" in place certainly isn't helpful when trying to work with new schools to let trans kids use the right restroom.

Thanks for posting this Jesse.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2017, 10:09 PM   #595
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Angry Welp, it's done. Hit number 3 for trans people since Trump has come into office

Jeff Sessions has removed his support from the "federal guidance", that we let our children use the bathroom and locker rooms that are appropriate for their gender identity.

http://www.commondreams.org/news/201...ampaign=buffer

Trump said that he will not take back protections on LGBT people, but really what he means (and what most people mean when they use that acronym), is that they will not take away protections from lesbians and gays. You can discard trans people in a way that you cannot discard LGB people. There are less trans people and they have no power. They have no money. They are the lowest of the socio economic classes. They make less money than any other minority group. If Caitlyn Jenner wasn't such a douche, she could fight for our kids.

I actually CAN imagine school administrators calling parents with glee saying, " Psych! Your "daughter" has to go back to the boys bathroom. hahahaha" I feel fortunate to live in a state that I am pretty confident that I won't have one of my adolescent clients walk into my office any time soon and say that they have to go back to using the "wrong" bathroom, but they are the lucky ones. I am the lucky one because I don't have to see this happen to them. But, many other states? It breaks my heart...

41% of trans people attempt suicide? Yeah, lets watch that number increase.

I wish Rachel Maddow talked about this.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2017, 07:30 AM   #596
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,104 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Trump shows his true hand on LGBTQ rights

Trump shows his true hand on LGBTQ rights, by Tim Holbrook

(Tim Holbrook is a professor of law at Emory University School of Law. He is a member of the boards of directors of the Transgender Legal Defense and Education Fund and the Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia. The views expressed are his and his alone.)

There has been some uncertainty as to how President Donald Trump would treat the rights of members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer community. For example, during the Republican National Convention, President Trump became the first Republican presidential nominee to mention the LGBTQ community. Of course, he did so in a very narrow context -- protecting LGBTQ persons from terrorism by radical Islamists.

The President noted that Caitlyn Jenner was welcome to use the bathroom of her choice in Trump Towers. He also stated the issue of same-sex marriage is "settled."

These statements could be viewed as a gesture by Trump to be more inclusive to the LGBTQ community. In contrast, his choices of Vice President Michael Pence and Attorney General Jeff Sessions were viewed as troubling, because both Pence and Sessions have opposed LGBTQ rights.

So, what direction would the Trump administration take?

The Trump administration showed its hand on Friday, when the Department of Justice withdrew its request that a Texas district court lift its stay in a case dealing with access to bathrooms for transgender students. The Obama administration had issued guidance that schools should permit transgender students to use bathrooms that correspond with their gender identity. The Texas court blocked implementation of this approach.

Under the Obama administration, DOJ had asked the appellate court to reject the stay. The Trump DOJ has withdrawn support, removing its backing for these transgender students. It turns out the Trump DOJ, under Attorney General Jeff Sessions, is not a friend to the LGBTQ community.

This move may be a harbinger. Across the country, there are a number of lawsuits arguing that federal law should prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity. During the Obama administration, most of these lawsuits had the backing of the DOJ, Department of Education, and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Part of the arguments in these cases is that the courts should give deference to these agencies' interpretations of the relevant federal civil rights statutes.

For example, the Supreme Court is scheduled to hear arguments in Gloucester County School Board v. G.G. on March 28. The lower court determined that a trans boy should be able to use the boys' restroom in his public high school. One of the issues the Supreme Court is addressing is whether courts should afford such deference to these types of agency pronouncements.

If the Trump administration changes its position in the case, it may remove that issue from the case and, seemingly, could tip the case against the transgender student. DOJ's action in the Texas case strongly suggests it will no longer support the trans student.

Similarly, a case out of Indiana is pending before a federal court of appeals, addressing whether federal anti-discrimination laws protect gays, lesbians and bisexuals against discrimination based on their sexual orientation. The EEOC has supported this position. Again, if the Trump administration alters its position on this issue, it could result in a loss to the LGBTQ plaintiff and a defeat for LGBTQ nondiscrimination protections.

The Texas withdrawal of the challenge to the stay is an ominous omen. It suggests the Trump administration will pivot away from protecting the civil rights of LGBTQ persons. The withdrawal of support may tip these cases against the LGBTQ litigants.

While losses in these cases would be detrimental, there is even more at risk, such as marriage equality. Trump, in his pre-inauguration "60 Minutes" interview, stated that marriage equality was "settled" under the Supreme Court's decision in Obergefell v. Hodges. But he has also promised to appoint justices who will overrule the over 40-year precedent of Roe v. Wade. Of course, justices opposed to Roe are likely to be opposed to the far more recent establishment of marriage equality.

The same objections that judges and justices opposed to Roe have made apply equally to marriage equality: They argue that the court has manufactured new "rights" that do not exist in the Constitution. Additionally, there can be considerable overlap among those opposed to abortion and same-sex relationships, particularly on moral and religious grounds. If a case gets to the Supreme Court with Trump-appointed justices, the court could reject marriage equality.

Such challenges to marriage equality will not be difficult to manufacture by the states. Tennessee has already introduced legislation again to ban same-sex marriage. Any judicial challenge could end up at the Supreme .

At present, the broader threat to marriage equality is not as pressing. Even if Judge Neil Gorsuch is confirmed to the court, his presence will not change the court's political composition. The five justices who voted for marriage equality are still present, so, in the near term, marriage equality is safe. And it would be unlikely for the court to undo any existing same-sex marriages. But, if one of those five justices retires or dies, it is not difficult to fathom Trump appointing a justice who would be happy to overrule Obergefell.

The action by the DOJ in Texas on its face seems minor. In fact, it is quite revealing. LGBTQ rights will not be defended at the federal level. Those in favor of LGBTQ equality will need to defend themselves against efforts in states to ban the use of restrooms and to embrace so-called religious-liberty bills. The fight is now our own. We won't be able to look to this administration for help.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2017, 10:15 PM   #597
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Everything is about money for Trump. Gay men make just as much as heterosexual men now. They are WAY too powerful. I don't see Trump wiping away same sex marriage. He's not stupid.

I also don't think that he is "pro life". But, Republicans are and the one thing that could have kept him from the nomination and winning the presidency is if he was pro choice.

With all the women Trump has been with over the years? Hell, he had to have handed over some cash to make sure things were "taken care of" 3 or 20 times. I don't see him as a guy who is carries a condom around in his wallet.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:18 PM   #598
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default "Parents of transgender children plead with Trump to maintain protections"

Article in response to Jeff Sessions supporting removal of protections.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.5a180e9cd0ba

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2017, 03:14 AM   #599
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
Hi all.

Any suggestions?
Just to add a bit of advice that's not been mentioned. Has he seen an otolargynotologist (doctor who specializes in throats) for an exam just to make certain there's not a problem there? He's within the age range that I'd start looking at that.

Also, you might want to get an evaluation from a voice therapist which (depending) on your insurance may require a referral from his primary physician.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #600
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation
Default Fight Erupts in Trump Administration Over Transgender Students’ Rights

"WASHINGTON — A fight over an order that would rescind protections for transgender students in public schools has erupted inside the Trump administration, pitting Attorney General Jeff Sessions against the secretary of education, Betsy DeVos.

Ms. DeVos initially resisted signing off on the order and told President Trump that she was uncomfortable with it, according to three Republicans with direct knowledge of the internal discussions. The draft order would reverse the directives put in place last year by the Obama administration to allow transgender students to use the bathrooms of their choice.

Mr. Sessions, who strongly opposes expanding gay, lesbian and transgender rights, fought Ms. DeVos on the issue and pressed her to relent because he could not go forward without her consent. The order must come from the Justice and Education Departments.

Mr. Trump sided with his attorney general, these Republicans said, telling Ms. DeVos in a meeting in the Oval Office on Tuesday that he wanted her to drop her objections. And Ms. DeVos, faced with the choice of resigning or defying the president, has agreed to go along. The Justice Department declined to comment on Wednesday.

Though an official order from the administration was expected to be released as early as Wednesday, Mr. Sessions and Ms. DeVos were still disputing the final language..."
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/u...pgtype=article
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: