Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

View Poll Results: Do you think people who distrupt events should be tasered?
Yes. 10 10.87%
No. 32 34.78%
Sometimes, it depends on the event. 12 13.04%
Only as a last resort. 38 41.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2010, 09:23 AM   #101
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
not enough choices....................
i vote that people who disrupt an event in which there was an admission charge....be removed placed in a prison cell and left there till the end of the event, afterwhich they be hung so as never to do it again.

perhaps it will take 3 or 4 hangings but eventually people will learn that disrupting an event is not "cute, funny, or a way to get your 15 minutes of fame" this goes for little kids who decide to start screaming in church as well....hang them and their parents.

Death penalties have been proven as an unsuccessful deterrent in addressing behaviorial issues/challenges in society. I think removing the "beer" aspect of sporting events would be a little better at deterring this kind of behaviour.

As for kids and parents, this is part of life. Kids will scream in the most inappropriate places. While we don't like it, it is part of their and their parents "growing up" stages.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:47 AM   #102
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,424 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation

Stun guns may be illegal for every day people, but they are not illegal for police officers.

(e) EXCEPTIONS.-- Nothing in this section shall prohibit the possession or use by, or the sale or furnishing of any electric or electronic incapacitation device to, a law enforcement agency, peace officer, employee of a correctional institution, county jail or prison or detention center, the National Guard or reserves or a member of the National Guard or reserves for use in their official duties.
Taken from here.

Now that I live relatively close to Philly, I see first hand how truly obnoxious Philly fans can be - the news is constantly filled with just bad, middle-child behavior (not just sports-related) - and each year it just gets worse.

I'm not an advocate for excessive force, and I am certainly not an advocate of force against minors - but I do think being tasered is hella better than being shot. I also think it sends a loud message that this behavior will not be rewarded with just a mere slap on the wrist and a big "ha-ha".

Sitting in a tank for the remainder of a game isn't necessarily going to dissuade someone from doing it again - they've already "achieved their goal". At the same time, I am not saying to tase the shit out of the whole stadium.

Maybe the fines aren't large enough, or maybe jail time needs to be imposed (if it isn't already, idk) - but I do think that they need to do something before sports events are viewed behind a gigantic iron gate, yanno? (.... or worse, someone gets hurt again .... keeping Monica in mind.....)

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NJFemmie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #103
adorable

How Do You Identify?:
Sarcastically
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,645 Times in 590 Posts
adorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputationadorable Has the BEST Reputation

I am all for tasering or the use of baseball bats. If you are dumb enough to run out onto a field in the middle of a game - you deserve it. If you are dumb enough to run from the police who are telling you to stop - you deserve it. If you are dumb enough not to listen to someone that gets paid (poorly) to carry a gun -you deserve it.

As for him being 17 - as the mother of a 17 year old girl, I think all 17 year olds should be tasered on their 17th birthday so they know what it feels like. That way when they go to a party with all their stupid friends and the police show up, they don't think running their mouth is such a great idea. I would like to buy a taser actually, it would save me from losing my voice like I do currently. That and I bet her room would be immaculate.

In Florida they are fond of tasering elementary kids. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11...r_kids_zapped/

I do draw the line there. Keep tasers out of elementary school. But, high school - 16 and up - go for it.
adorable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:49 PM   #104
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorable View Post
Keep tasers out of elementary school. But, high school - 16 and up - go for it.
my parents didn't use a taser *once* and my room was immaculate and my curfew was 10pm until i was 18--i was late one time.

i can't speak to mouthing-off to cops because that was/is beyond inconceivable, my parents made it perfectly clear that if i ever was arrested/picked up by the cops that i should under no circumstance waste a phone call on calling them because my dad would *NEVER* bail me out of JH/jail.

so, it's probably not the taser (or bat)--though my dad was and probably still is an excellent shot. (target practice, mainly.)
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #105
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Yeah. I don't think making light of using excessive force on minors is funny.
Coming from a person that survived a mother who used it regularly.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2010, 02:35 PM   #106
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
not enough choices....................
i vote that people who disrupt an event in which there was an admission charge....be removed placed in a prison cell and left there till the end of the event, afterwhich they be hung so as never to do it again.

perhaps it will take 3 or 4 hangings but eventually people will learn that disrupting an event is not "cute, funny, or a way to get your 15 minutes of fame" this goes for little kids who decide to start screaming in church as well....hang them and their parents.

Well, the kids are going to be kids. It's up to the parents how to deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
my parents didn't use a taser *once* and my room was immaculate and my curfew was 10pm until i was 18--i was late one time.

i can't speak to mouthing-off to cops because that was/is beyond inconceivable, my parents made it perfectly clear that if i ever was arrested/picked up by the cops that i should under no circumstance waste a phone call on calling them because my dad would *NEVER* bail me out of JH/jail.

so, it's probably not the taser (or bat)--though my dad was and probably still is an excellent shot. (target practice, mainly.)
This goes back to the parents and then we'll get into the whole 'who's a good parent' discussion and that will go all to Hell in a pretty lil hand basket. With streamers and glitter, no less.

So, to stop that in its tracks, I too knew better even though I did not have a good parental influence and spent years in the system.

So, the responsibility for the infraction goes firmly on the shoulders of the idiot who committed it, where it belongs.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #107
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I am very glad my parent never advocated violently assaulting me for no reason, "just so I knew what it feels like."

Wow.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #108
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Ol Butch Bones
Preferred Pronoun?:
Old Thing
Relationship Status:
Too old to play.

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

"Civil journalism", and more threads such as this, along with videos, are good for folks who were/will be victims of excessive use of force with tasers. Do we have legislation to protect them?
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #109
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa View Post
"Civil journalism", threads such as this, can also be used to show videos of folks who were victims of excessive use of force with tasers in order to enforce new legislation. Also, I think building higher fences around the playing field may help.
How will it help when the kid had a ticket?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #110
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

So we are going to tase and possibly hang children if they interrupt sports.

Yeayyy.

I am proud as pie of us. Sports. Something that is supposed to be recreational and fun. Relaxing even.

My parent did take to assaulting me physically..but did not really give me a reason.

Maybe the Dad should have been tased instead of the kid?

Again, for me it is incomprehensible to get so upset over a ball game that some of us think violence to children is the way to control crowds.

Wow.

I am now clear on why I am not into sports....I thought it was dodge ball, but no...it was fans who think that nothing should get in the way of competition.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:19 AM   #111
Sabine Gallais

How Do You Identify?:
Adeodatus

Sabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST ReputationSabine Gallais Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

Now, if only the kid that ran out on the field thought this way too. I'd rather hold HIM responsible for HIS actions first and foremost. Why don't we do that once in a while?
Old 05-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #112
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,496 Times in 1,638 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Tasers can be deadly.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...s&dlvrit=99756
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Queerasfck For This Useful Post: