I wouldn't get married if they paid me! 28 15.91%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Is Marriage for you?

As some of you know I post a whole lot of updates regarding equal marriage in our country and elsewhere in the world. So if tomorrow you were told that you could get married, would you want to? Why or why not?

All I ask is that you (collective you) be respectful to each other and our points of view.

I'll be back later...

Last edited by MsTinkerbelly; 02-09-2012 at 11:10 AM.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,691 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

hi MsTinker:
Thanks for this thread...great idea!

If I was told tomorrow I could get married, would I want to? Why or why not?
Having that same privilege/right as all others in society would be awesome in and of itself...for a number of reasons. All I have ever wanted was for everyone to be treated equally!
I would love to be married with equal rights/privileges....and to be recognized as such! Being able to live life without discretion, phobias, anger, and hate would be ideal!
However, on the opposite side of the coin, "marriage" doesn't "guarantee" us anything. By that I mean, when I am coupled, I want our hearts to bind one another with the strings of love, committment, fidelity, honesty, and such..NOT a "piece of paper". The freedom to be individuals yet remaining committed, one to the other.....by love..by choice...am I making sense...lol..
Looking forward to all the posts. Have an awesome day! Clay
PS I would love to be able to enjoy all the perks and privileges that come with marriage (as stated by Tawse) in so far as marriage in that respect.
I also agree with Novela's post as well. My deceased partner & I had 15 wonderful years, and would have been married had our state recognized the union! But we were so much more committed in our hearts and bound for life...except death took her away from me. Ahh but I digress.

Last edited by clay; 02-09-2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: add something on to original post..
clay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to clay For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

We got married in Canada in 2007 and I can't wait for it to become legal across the states.

Why?

Strictly Financial and Legal reasons. Hospital visitations, Next of Kin rights, Tax deductions, Insurance benefits, Pension benefits, SSI benefits, etc... My wife and I deserve them just as much as Joe Blow Straight Guy in the office next door.
Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #4
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

My partner and I are getting married in March...eep, only 5 weeks left! We had originally planned to get legally married in NYC but we weren't there long enough...there needs to be 24 hours in between your license application and the ceremony. Now that Prop 8 has been overturned in CA we will most likely take a road trip to Long Beach and go the the justice of the peace there. It is very important to her to be legally married in the eyes of the law somewhere, me...not so much since I feel the commitment is in one's mind and heart. We are having a commitment ceremony here in Tucson at our home and her father will be the one marrying us, which makes my heart melt to even think about.

Clay is exactly right. Marriage is never a guarantee of life long happiness and companionship. Look at the lesbian couple who was the first same sex couple in CA to be legally wed. They just filed for divorce after being together for 15 years! People grow and change and move in different directions. That's just life. But when you meet your soul mate and you know it is meant to be, the path you travel together just makes sense and you feel blessed to be on it with your chosen partner. At least that's how I feel.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #5
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

for some people.. they can stay with someone forever as long as they don't feel legally tied to that person. As soon as you have the legal bonds - they feel suffocated.

It's cool watching the way different people react to different things.
Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,245 Times in 1,415 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I don't see myself getting married again, as I love having a (close to) empty nest and don't really want to merge my living quarters with a partner. I recognize that that's an unusual arrangement in this community, as most partners do seem to move towards living together/marriage. I am more tempermentally built to live alone, though. Still, I can't say "never"!

Having said all that, of course it should be an option for any couple, providing both are consenting adults of age. I really see all the controversy as much like the fighting over interracial marriage before 1967. I'd like to see America go to an England or Canada-like system. As I understand it, ALL marriages have to be carried out in a civil court (not just as an option, as it is here). Then, the religious church service is optional, but you are married by the civil authorities. That way, churches that don't want gay marriage don't have to do it. It's really a human rights issue more than a moral one.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #7
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawse View Post
for some people.. they can stay with someone forever as long as they don't feel legally tied to that person. As soon as you have the legal bonds - they feel suffocated.

It's cool watching the way different people react to different things.
Exactly, Tawse. I had this conversation with my sister when we were in NYC a few weeks back. She has been with her partner for 26 years and they are getting legally married tomorrow at their town hall. She was explaining that marriage was just never really an option for her. It felt too conventional, traditional, confining, doomed, lol. Since she has had cancer her outlook has done a 360. She wrote me this morning and said she thinks tomorrow is going to take she and Michael to a whole different level emotionally and spiritually and she is super excited about that.

I will say that the entire 15+ years I was married it never felt quite "right". And while I couldn't put my finger on what was identifiably wrong, it actually made me heart sick to think that the reality I was living then was all it would ever be in terms of intimacy and partnership. But, I felt like I had made a deal with the devil and I was in it forever. Thank goodness I finally realized I had options and that the world wouldn't end if I spoke up and made my unhappiness known.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #8
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,056 Times in 2,077 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I was in a hetero marriage for 2 years. I know being married to a woman who I felt that complete connection with would be different, but it gonna take me a while to get to that point, if ever. My whole idea of marriage is kinda spoiled with my experience, the media, the controversy, ect. I would want to have a ceremony of some sort, somethig special that was meaningful to us if I ever find a partner who would want to go there with me (lol). Now, when it gets to the point of kids, mortgages, insurance, etc I can totally see why a marriage that would be legally binding would be important.

To each their own, and congrats to the folks who are and will be getting legally married. It's amazing to see how far we have come.

Love!
Starry

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #9
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I beleave marriage is great,but its not a garentee of happyness nor being a life time commitment to some people.That being said I also think that to many folks rush into marriage with out takeing the time to really get to know the person they are commiting a lifetime to,so time should be taken t really get to know who you are contemplateing marriage with.Lets face it when the blush falls from the bloom there is the real life of the ebb and flow of of a long term relationship should be built over time by also being each thers best friends before anything else so a solid foundation is there,I am always wary of a fast pace relationship that leads to the alter,its not to say it cant be good and do work out,but imho its not a everyday thing.MY grand parrents courted for several years and thay had a long term loveing marriage built on love,trust,compatablity and realiseing how to just live life with humor.I would like that kind of relationship but it has not happened...yet.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 12:01 PM   #10
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

I got married when I was 24. Now, I am 38 and have been fighting for a divorce for much longer than I care to admit. It is exhausting to both my time and energy.

Hopefully I will be single again soon. And I am in a relationship with someone. But do I want to get married? Not at this time. It is easy to fall in love & get married-much harder to fall out of love & get divorced.

Do I see the benefits of marriage? Yes. But they do not apply/affect me to the extent that they do others. My children have a father so they are "ok" if I am gone. My partner & I each have health insurance. I don't have much of monetary value (ie home etc) so that is not an issue. The other issues might be a concern but not at this point in my life.

My partner is twelve years younger than me (38 to 26). So, I am barely thinking of the long-term financial benefits. And I am fairly certain that he is not either-right now, he is focused on school Additionally, we have a D/s relationship that, in our eyes, is far more committed that marriage.

I absolutely support the right to marriage for everyone but for me, marriage is not a concern at this time.

Last edited by LaneyDoll; 02-09-2012 at 12:03 PM. Reason: typo
LaneyDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LaneyDoll For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 12:03 PM   #11
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,686 Times in 1,608 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by starryeyes View Post
To each their own, and congrats to the folks who are and will be getting legally married. It's amazing to see how far we have come.
Love this!!!

Old 02-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #12
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

I find that a lot of people say, "I don't care if they pass same-sex marriage or not. I don't need a piece of paper."

The thing is, whether you want to be married or not, it's a good thing for those who value marriage to be able to have what they want and need for their relationship. I like to encourage people to think of those they love and see equal rights as a necessity, not a privilege.

I am also the marrying kind.
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #13
SweetJane

How Do You Identify?:
stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
always solo

SweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST ReputationSweetJane Has the BEST Reputation

Having been in a 36 year marriage and then a divorce, I can say that marriage does have its protections. And that's why I see same-sex marriage as a must for the whole country. It protects children, deals with medical and end-of-life issues, and property ownership and division. Not all of that is protected by the federal government, though some is protected by state civil union laws and some state same sex marriage laws.

I will also say that any marriage should not be a quick decision because it's hard to get out of legally and can get messy.

Marriage, like any long-term commitment, should be based on knowing someone really well and not just what they like to do in bed. It's about all of the little things that can bless or curse your life together if you decided to share a home. It's everything. So a strong friendship (that may be hot) is essential.

Would I marry again? I don't think so. Would I commit to a long-term relationship? Someday perhaps with the right person. But my standards are high and I really don't know if that's in my future.
SweetJane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SweetJane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #14
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

If I was with someone and I knew it was going to be forever then yes. When in a committed relationship you work hard to build a life together. You want to know that you're both safe to make investments, purchase a home, etc. When I was in a relationship we did have provisions and paperwork to protect us. Getting married makes it easier and perhaps more affordable.

I think we deserve the same rights, however if I got married it would be based on my feelings and love for my life partner.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #15
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
As some of you know I post a whole lot of updates regarding equal marriage in our country and elsewhere in the world. So if tomorrow you were told that you could get married, would you want to? Why or why not?

All I ask is that you (collective you) be respectful to each other and our points of view.

I'll be back later...
I am in my 2nd Marriage; the first one was to my daughter's father, and (the last one I will ever be in) now with my Kasey. When I say the last one I mean it 100%. Should Kasey leave me, or should she pass before me, I will not marry again.

I hear people (general people) say that it is just a piece of paper...in my opinion if they get married believing that statement they have no business being married. For "me" marriage is HUGE! You tell another person that for better or for worse, bedhead, bad breath, blah, blah, blah, that you are going to work it out day after day, week after week, year after year, because you have chosen to be here in this reality with them. There are days when I wish my Kasey would go to ....well I'm sure you get it. I'm sure there are days that if I wandered into traffic there would be no tears for her either. The thing is, I have sworn before my diety, my family and friends, and before my Kasey, that when the going gets rough it will still be the two of us standing there side by side against the world. That MEANS something.

Marriage also affords the greatest protections for a family...no notarized documents, power of attorney's, or wills are going to stop someone truely determined from taking everything your partner has left you when you go. Marriage changes that...no one has EVER asked me to see my marriage certificate when I have to do something legal for Kasey, but they did when it was a Domestic Partnership.

I don't want to just ramble here...I am truely interested in what everyone has to say, and I enjoy reading your posts and hearing where you are coming from.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #16
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,238 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

She wrote me this morning and said she thinks tomorrow is going to take she and Michael to a whole different level emotionally and spiritually and she is super excited about that. -- Novelafemme

Surely this is what marriage is all about! love this.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #17
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

IMO....If i'm committed and *you* are committed and *we* have a ceremony whether legal or not with friends, or alone, we are married. If *we exchange vows, to our God, to the world, to each other, we are married.

I've been both legally married and married to a woman that wasn't legal. I did not feel "less married" with the one that was not legal.

It's papers. However, sometimes those papers are important. Most of them can be worked around. In the situation regarding insurance coverage things like that, sometimes they cannot be worked around and that sucks. Most of the time though as with power of attorney, medical power of attorney, beneficiary to life insurance, ect. things can be done to assure your partner's rights.

I still want our legal rights to marry, but until then at least we have a clearer path with knowing what we need to do to secure our partner and ourselves for the future.

Besides the paperwork part of it, whether it is legal or not, it is the same for me in my heart. Give me a ring, a white dress and your heart, promise me it is forever, and i'll give you all that back and more. Well, maybe you wouldn't want the white dress, but you get the picture.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #18
Greyson
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transmasculine/Non-Binary
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy (Pronounced He)
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,163 Times in 2,006 Posts
Greyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST ReputationGreyson Has the BEST Reputation

Tink, thank you for keeping us posted on much of the same sex marriage news. I read it, always.

I know it has been argued that the LGBTQ Community has spent far too many resources on this particular human rights issue. I disagree with that it is too much. Yes, much of the collective resources are focused on same sex marriage and I believe this is also opening doors in general for the entire gambit of human rights for LGBTQ.

My own personal situation is that I now can get legally married in the USA because I have transitioned and legally I am now male. I consider this to be a clear cut example of hypocrisy. I have known all of my life I am a queer which is primarily expressed as masculine and born into a female body. Why does undergoing surgery, taking hormones, acquiring the "proper and needed documents" to transition change how the law now sees me? I am still the same on the inside. I still put my pants on one leg at a time. My resume is the same, my passions and hopes, unchanged.

Now I can get married legally, and I know on some level I hedge because it just does not seem right, that I can get married while others in my community cannot. This really annoys me. I am sure at some point I will get married for the first time in my life, and I hope it will be the last.

P.S. I know, I am such a romantic.

Last edited by Greyson; 02-09-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Greyson For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 03:03 PM   #19
twist of lime

How Do You Identify?:
femme

twist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputationtwist of lime Has the BEST Reputation

wow! I really, really, SUPER REALLY, wanted to click on the choice of "I wouldn't get married if you paid me", but my overwhelming desire for diplomacy with a side-car of optimism dictated that I just declare that I'm not married.

*still kinda' grittin' my teeth
twist of lime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to twist of lime For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #20
JAGG
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,543 Times in 4,141 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

Marriage is for me. When I find that femme who understands what love and trust and loyalty and devotion mean , that 1 special girl who lives her life with integrity morals and standards, I will put a ring on her finger , and share a beautiful life , full of love and adventures.