Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 09-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #1
Jude

How Do You Identify?:
I'm Fluid (comfortable being me)
Preferred Pronoun?:
"Hey Jude"

1 Highscore

Jude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
Im 54 but feeling 60ish this week. Can I stay?

Would love to get to know some folks my age. And would love an olders chat. Tho if memory serves 7pm est would be 4pm pacific, 5 mountain, and 6 central.

Ok back to Patriots and Jets. Patriots will win tho.
Ha ha ha ha ha, just goes to show my age. Us older women get confused all the time!
10 p.m. EST
9 central
9 mountain
7 pacific
Old 09-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
Jude

How Do You Identify?:
I'm Fluid (comfortable being me)
Preferred Pronoun?:
"Hey Jude"

1 Highscore

Jude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST ReputationJude Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
Im 54 but feeling 60ish this week. Can I stay?

Would love to get to know some folks my age. And would love an olders chat. Tho if memory serves 7pm est would be 4pm pacific, 5 mountain, and 6 central.

Ok back to Patriots and Jets. Patriots will win tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude View Post
Ha ha ha ha ha, just goes to show my age. Us older women get confused all the time!
10 p.m. EST
9 central
9 mountain
7 pacific
OH CRAP
I meant 8 mountain.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
4verNlove

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
seperated

4verNlove is on a distinguished road
Default Infidelity at 60

Hi, I don't know if this is the place for me to vent. I did try going on the posts re: infidelity; however, everyone seemed so young and thier outlook for the future subconsciously, could have been based on that..I feel, my age has much to do with my decisions...Anyway, my wife and I are together for 16 yrs, married for 10. Long story short, a year ago, I discovered emails written by her and another woman that were love "longing"..I was up in bed recovering from a broken ankle, couldn't walk, and my partner would go downstairs and have telephone conversation with this woman..This went on for 6 weeks before I discovered the emails. They were even planning to meet sometime in the future, as this woman lives in a state far away. They met on line 17 years ago; she was quite young at the time and they had an online/telephone relationship then, but never met. My partner and I had been having family problems that put a wedge between us; however, I never considered she or I would cheat...We love one another emensely. She decided in the fall to live in our beach house and that we should live seperately for a time she could not determine. She said all contact had been cut with this woman. Not true. I found a book the woman sent her containing love and longing quotes and once she called at 1:30 am and my partner got out of bed to go talk with her..downstairs. I didn't know who it was but overheard her calling her "babe"...I have tried leaving her, that very same night, I was so upset; and a few times after that. She would come after me, begging me to come home, and saying she loved me and didn't know why she answered the phone., She said she panicked. My confusion is the "babe" thing. This woman is conserably younger. My wife and I have dinner every night together, go out to dinner, I sleep with her on weekends at our beach house but still she doesn't want to live together. She contends she has reached the end of her rope and needs to spend time alone, (is having a lot of problems with her adult daughter)...but my fear is...is this woman still trying to contact her...She is ruthless...My wife refuses to talk to me about it; says it makes her nervous but that she wants to stay with me, doesn't want to start with a new relationship at this age, it will have kinks of its own to work out...Me? I feel so pathetic...but I know she loves me, and she is the love of my life...How do I trust and believe her, how do I remain strong and accept what she needs...So afraid I will loose...I have nothing...and no one. I feel so alone and lonely, especially at night. We were so close, almost co-dependent. Actually she used to say she liked it that way but has made a complete turn around. Now where before I did nothing alone, I do everything alone and feel so so lost. I could use any opinions and help anyone has..Thanks for listening to this long post. Hope its ok I wrote this...
4verNlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:06 AM   #4
Darbonaire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
MALE
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Working on myself, thank you

Darbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST ReputationDarbonaire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sounds familiar in a few ways

I reached a point in my 10 year marriage where the adult daughter of my ex-wife's dysfunction, the noise of the grandbaby & dog, & the stress of a tumultuous time with parents dying etc. I needed a break. I moved out around the corner from my wife & we continued that way for about 6-7 months. I was fine with it. I was NOT looking, seeing, talking with or having ANY contact with ANY other people ...nor was she. I had been laid off & decided to move "home" to VA. It didn't mean I stopped loving my wife at all. I actually had hoped & wished she would move here when she retired. That will never happen so we tried the LD relationship & well, that wasn't enough for her. She sounds like you in that she wants a live-in by her side always partner who loves Alabama, children, football etc. That's not me & never has been or will be. I want to be "with" someone, yes but only if it's comfortable for BOTH of us. But, I digress.....LOL.....& I apologize.

Bottom line as I see it is this.......If it never got any better than it is RIGHT now.....is it good enough? if not, then perhaps "waiting" for it to become what you want is a waste of your time. Right NOW is all we have. There ARE people out here that WILL be ble to give you the things you need. If you "feel" betrayed or cheated upon.....then why stay? Can you really rebuild a trust? If you can....then maybe staying is ok......but, you cannot control your partner. If she is interested in another than let her be. That is her path & to wait for something, or expect to "change" the other person to be what YOU want & need....well, that's swimming upstream & most likely to no avail.

Just my thoughts on it.......do what you need to do & want to do for YOU. YOU are the most important person in YOUR life.....we ALL are in our lives too.

Best of luck with whatever your decision is. May you find peace.

Jonathan
Darbonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darbonaire For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Hi you beautiful elders. I hope you are all having a wonderful day. The heat here in Florida is incredible. I usually spend most of my summers in Michigan, but I sold my house there last summer and have less reason to go, so I am staying here. I hope to do a Michigan trip in the fall, when funds will be more available.

I joined a (gay) church a year ago that has turned out to be such a positive thing for me. I am pretty non-religious, but there are very few other ways to meet people in Polk County. I have made many acquaintances with whom I am very comfortable, and who bring fun into my life. Even made a couple of very close friends who are now firmly imbedded in my family and I in theirs.

I have been single for a few months following a short living together relationship. I don't exactly feel on solid ground yet, but that is mostly due to the shifts in my family. My daughter and grandson moved out a few months ago and my son (finally!) graduated from High School. He still "resides" here, but is gone or asleep 90% of the time. So I have a lot of time on my hands.

Discovered a pub quite close to my house that is Lesbian owned. Fridays they have music (no cover, no drink minimum - can't beat it.) A lesbian group called Karmic Tattoo played a week ago. I went with a friend and had a great time. The place was crawling with Dykes of all ages. The atmosphere was more like a club than a bar. People were mingling and introducing themselves, which is great because I am not good at initiating things myself. If a friend is not available, I still do things alone rather than stay home. A relationship still interests me, (HINT HINT!!! LOL) but "nothins cookin" right now.

Love to hear from you silver folk.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Talk to me, Peeps.
Smooches,
Keri
Old 07-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #7
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Keri,glad you are back.Yeah life catches you with a fue curve balls now and then but we are strong and get thrue them with the life experences we have had.You are lucky to have places to go and folks to meet,sounds like fun to me.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4verNlove View Post
Hi, I don't know if this is the place for me to vent. I did try going on the posts re: infidelity; however, everyone seemed so young and thier outlook for the future subconsciously, could have been based on that..I feel, my age has much to do with my decisions...Anyway, my wife and I are together for 16 yrs, married for 10. Long story short, a year ago, I discovered emails written by her and another woman that were love "longing"..I was up in bed recovering from a broken ankle, couldn't walk, and my partner would go downstairs and have telephone conversation with this woman..This went on for 6 weeks before I discovered the emails. They were even planning to meet sometime in the future, as this woman lives in a state far away. They met on line 17 years ago; she was quite young at the time and they had an online/telephone relationship then, but never met. My partner and I had been having family problems that put a wedge between us; however, I never considered she or I would cheat...We love one another emensely. She decided in the fall to live in our beach house and that we should live seperately for a time she could not determine. She said all contact had been cut with this woman. Not true. I found a book the woman sent her containing love and longing quotes and once she called at 1:30 am and my partner got out of bed to go talk with her..downstairs. I didn't know who it was but overheard her calling her "babe"...I have tried leaving her, that very same night, I was so upset; and a few times after that. She would come after me, begging me to come home, and saying she loved me and didn't know why she answered the phone., She said she panicked. My confusion is the "babe" thing. This woman is conserably younger. My wife and I have dinner every night together, go out to dinner, I sleep with her on weekends at our beach house but still she doesn't want to live together. She contends she has reached the end of her rope and needs to spend time alone, (is having a lot of problems with her adult daughter)...but my fear is...is this woman still trying to contact her...She is ruthless...My wife refuses to talk to me about it; says it makes her nervous but that she wants to stay with me, doesn't want to start with a new relationship at this age, it will have kinks of its own to work out...Me? I feel so pathetic...but I know she loves me, and she is the love of my life...How do I trust and believe her, how do I remain strong and accept what she needs...So afraid I will loose...I have nothing...and no one. I feel so alone and lonely, especially at night. We were so close, almost co-dependent. Actually she used to say she liked it that way but has made a complete turn around. Now where before I did nothing alone, I do everything alone and feel so so lost. I could use any opinions and help anyone has..Thanks for listening to this long post. Hope its ok I wrote this...
I see that you wrote this a bit ago but I don't generally drop in here so just read this.

I wasted 19-years with a cheater. She had repeated affairs, I found out, she lied, I called her on it (I always knew when she lied. I think we always know in our guts when someone is lying-we may chose to ignore it but we know) she would then apologize profusely and I would always want to believe that it was true, that she really loved me and of course, would never do it again.

On and on it went. I was in my 20's when we got together, with two small children and an ex-husband that paid zero child support. I was emotionally dependent on her. I was educated. I always worked but for some reason just could not break away.

Until. She did it one more time too many.

I had enough. Took me 19-years. I was always so embarrassed to admit that but it was the truth. I just grew a backbone finally and kicked her out.

I spent the next 10-years alone. Did not date. Had minimal social life, only with work friends and did not have sex with anyone else.

Last October I finally began to date. I fell in love with a butch on the Planet. She is 10-years younger than I am. I love her heart, her mind, her brains and love looking into her beautiful eyes. I feel as though I can get lost in them forever. We have the same values in loyalty, fidelity and our outlook on life. I laugh every day now, deep laughter from my heart and soul. We have electric sexual chemistry. I had forgotten what that felt like!

Your life will not be over, even if it feels that way, to just say: enough is enough.

You do not deserve to live with such stress and anxiety. You are far stronger than you give yourself credit for and there is true joy just around the corner if you only open your life to it.

Best of luck to you.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2012, 01:25 AM   #9
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Good for you Anya, I had a similar relationship years ago, though, thank the universe, I 'only' put up with it for xeven years. The lies and infidelity are rough on one's self esteem. Glad you have found love and happiness for yourself. Blessings to you.

rockybcn. So sorry to hear about your marriage ending. I hope you have support there in Spain. while you recover from this loss. You will probably have huge culture shock upon your return to the US. but it is natural for you to want to return "home." Are you from Texas? Keep talking to us when you need friends to lean on.

Rockin: Hi sweetie, nice to hear from you. You are always ready with a supportive word or little joke. Its good to know you.

Smooches, y'all
Keri
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #10
rockybcn

How Do You Identify?:
a well blended yin yang butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'll take "sweetheart" for 500 Alex!
Relationship Status:
to be...or not to be...that is the question!

rockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputationrockybcn Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks Keri...

I am feeling and healing. I took marriage as such a commitment that it had ripped away part of my spirit when it ended. I will always have a place in my heart for her...but I am letting go and letting God show me my authentic self and making all the changes needed for feeling whole again. I will never be perfect but I will strive to live life perfectly in the moment.
I have lived in a number of places....born and raised in Indiana,lived 35 years in Michigan,5 years in NC,5 years in Portland ,OR...then married and living in Spain for 4 years. I will move back to the States close to Christmas and begin working in Houston,TX. I really am excited to start over. Life is so full of promise and adventure. Wishing all you other spring chickens lots of tommorrows full of all lifes best!
Old 10-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #11
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Over the last fue weeks I have been leting my hair grow...now dont anyone have a panic attack,after really short hair for years I desided to grow it longer so now its almost down to my coller so by next spring it should have filled out and gotten the deep waves it use to have.Short featherd back on the sides...full on top so the waves will come on..the same in the back...prolly going to get about a tad longer than shoulder length is what im looking for.What superised me is how much silver im geting and where..like 1 1/2inch wide strips and as long as its growing,looking pretty good I think.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2010, 09:24 PM   #12
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

You go! Rockin! Love that long hair!
Smooches,
Keri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Over the last fue weeks I have been leting my hair grow...now dont anyone have a panic attack,after really short hair for years I desided to grow it longer so now its almost down to my coller so by next spring it should have filled out and gotten the deep waves it use to have.Short featherd back on the sides...full on top so the waves will come on..the same in the back...prolly going to get about a tad longer than shoulder length is what im looking for.What superised me is how much silver im geting and where..like 1 1/2inch wide strips and as long as its growing,looking pretty good I think.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #13
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Just wanted to say "Happy day" to all of you. Its beautiful here in the sunshine state. The temp is a little cooler than normal at this time of year, and the sun is VERY bright. Just the kind of weather that drew me to Fla. in the first place.

I am winging my way to Las Vegas this weekend, to celebrate my birthday and to meet for the first time in person someone who has become, well let's just say 'Important" in my life. Scary, exciting, ... scary, exciting. I feel both of those things strongly. Life continues to bestow new blessings upon me and I am very grateful for them.

As I look at the calendar, I just can not believe that it is November. This has been the fastest year! Slow down, time!

Sunny smooches to you all
Keri
Old 11-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #14
vabzee

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

vabzee is on a distinguished road
Default Yeah Keri

Take the risk and have a good time. You know how to be careful and you know nothing can happen if you don't take a leap or jump or whatever.
vabzee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vabzee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #15
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Keri

U go girl,a birthday trip to Vegas is fantastic with endless possablities.Happy bday to UUUUUUUUUUUUU>
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2010, 12:49 AM   #16
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Garsh folks, Thanks so much for the well wishes and support.
Smooches,
Keri
Old 03-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #17
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Just have to say that although this 60 year old body has its creaks, it still kicks ass!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2011, 06:59 PM   #18
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Hey A L
You're all grown up now (not!!!) So you can join us here in the "big kids" thread. Welcome again - you were always welcome.
Smooches,
Keri
Old 04-09-2011, 04:37 AM   #19
Gina

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady, Her, she...etc..
Relationship Status:
Single

Gina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST ReputationGina Has the BEST Reputation
Default A week from today

I will be headed back to Kansas in a U-haul...lol!!! I want all the younger people in here to know what lies ahead for them (well at least some)..I am 65 years old and notice that sometimes when I cough, I pee. I have to take Claritin for allergies (not an age thing - but they didn't hit me until my late 50's)..Sometimes I will have an ache in my knees or hips or back - never used to be there, damn it. One thing for certain - stay active - all of you! I love to travel which is no secret - but if you want to travel when you are older - be prepared for anything to happen...I look in my mirror and wonder who the hell that is in there looking back at me! Go away and bring back the non-wrinkled version! Okay then - at least let me keep my teeth and eyes? Enjoy the ride and the journey!
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:05 AM   #20
Licious

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,974 Times in 546 Posts
Licious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST ReputationLicious Has the BEST Reputation

I am almost 57, feeling 60 something, so I peeked in....

Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.

~Rumi

Licious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Licious For This Useful Post: