Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Quotes, Snippets, Other Writing

Old 01-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #101
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation
Default Haiku you

Empty house echos
New family, much laughter
now home once again

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #102
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Empty house echos
New family, much laughter
now home once again
much too nice to be in the "bad" section!
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #103
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Watching the pro game
But can't make the yapping stop
Mute is not working...
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #104
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation
Default Inspired by housekeeping in the modern age....

Mechanical hums
followed by bump bump bump bump.
Roomba trapped again.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:27 AM   #105
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
I just wander about and be!
Relationship Status:
Caution: Dead End

Thanked 2,101 Times in 417 Posts
WomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST Reputation

I wake, reluctant
Too cold to get out of bed
but I have to pee

Haikus are easy
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Life is like a river
it winds and wends, ever flows
Should I give a dam?
WomenMoveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to WomenMoveMe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #106
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:

chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JD View Post
Mechanical hums
followed by bump bump bump bump.
Roomba trapped again.

oh my gawd!!! This made me snort my coffee!!! Bravo!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 06:43 AM   #107
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:

cat across keyboard
belly typing looks like this
she ignores spell check

defrgthyjukil;
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #108
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chai~ View Post
cat across keyboard
belly typing looks like this
she ignores spell check

defrgthyjukil;
Chai! This is great!

So happy to see you and JD join us

Yes, I realize that most of the recent additions (story in 6-words or less, haiku) strayed from the original intent of the thread.

All of the writing is still off-beat and quirky, so I feel it still fits in with the original intent: a place to write strictly for fun!

Feel free to write whatever you damn well please and I will continue to enjoy, as well as marvel, over the cleverness that I find in each one of you and your writing abilities

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2012, 08:20 AM   #109
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Chai! This is great!

So happy to see you and JD join us

Yes, I realize that most of the recent additions (story in 6-words or less, haiku) strayed from the original intent of the thread.

All of the writing is still off-beat and quirky, so I feel it still fits in with the original intent: a place to write strictly for fun!

Feel free to write whatever you damn well please and I will continue to enjoy, as well as marvel, over the cleverness that I find in each one of you and your writing abilities
*reading the title of the thread again*

Oh yeah, I guess it did stray!!!!

Quirky is good though!

Let the silliness commence!!

Great thread by the way!!!!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #110
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Taking the trash out
Stomp, shake, ouch! Dance Dance Dancing
Yikes! Ants near dumpster
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #111
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

The wind is blowing
Blue tarp in the neighbor’s yard
Time for more roof tires
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #112
Truly Scrumptious

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
She's my mirror twin, my next of kin

2 Highscores

Thanked 1,855 Times in 564 Posts
Truly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST ReputationTruly Scrumptious Has the BEST Reputation
Default Study: Children of divorce twice as likely to write bad poetry

(Disclaimer: this article is from The Onion)

DURHAM, NC--A study released Monday by Duke University's Center For The American Family confirmed what many child-development experts have asserted for years: Children whose parents are divorced are twice as likely to compose bad poetry as those whose parents are married.

"Because of the terrible trauma divorce can inflict, we're seeing a correlation between kids from broken homes and embarrassing, god-awful verse," said Dr. Ruth Wyler-Feldman, director of the Center For The American Family. "Devastated by the break-up of the family unit, these children are responding with poems awash in bathos, forced rhymes and mixed metaphors comparing their souls to rainstorms."

According to Wyler-Feldman, parental separation most often manifests itself in atrocious poems about isolation and anger.

"Just listen to the words of Ashley Bedrosian, a Pensacola, FL, 14-year-old whose parents split up last May after 17 years of marriage: 'The pain comes down like a harlequin's tears / From my room I can hear my parents screaming / What once was one heart now beats as two / From this nightmare I cannot awake, for I am not dreaming.'"

"Obviously, Ashley is bitter and heartbroken over her parents' divorce," Wyler-Feldman said. "And that's tragic, because what comes out of that bitterness and heartbreak is some of the worst poetry you'll ever hear."

The two-year study found that the rhyming of "despise" with "my eyes," as well as references to Trent Reznor and horses running wild and/or free, occur with 65 percent greater frequency in poems by children of divorced parents than in those by children from stable two-parent homes.

The Duke researchers also found a strong correlation between the nature of a particular divorce and quality of poetry. In 90 percent of divorces categorized as "amicable," the breakup results in rhyming poems, usually with irritating, "sing-songish" A-B-A-B rhyme schemes. The more acrimonious the split, however, the greater the odds of a child turning to other, more wretch-inducing poetic forms: Eighty-five percent of contested divorces end in free verse, the study found, and three in four divorces involving custody battles end in haiku.

"These children of divorce are really hurting," noted therapist Dr. Eli Wasserbaum said. "But not nearly as much as those of us forced to read this drivel."

Wasserbaum urged America's troubled couples to split up while their children are still very young. "If you have children who are, say, between the ages of three and nine, and you suspect you might not want to spend the rest of your life with your spouse, I would urge you to get divorced now," he said. "At least that way, your kids have a fighting chance to heal emotionally before they reach their prime poetry-writing teenage years, and we can all be spared reading about a beautiful rose that withers and dies because no sunlight ever fell upon it."

"The bottom line is, America's kids could be channeling their anger over the 'loss' of a parent into moving verse, but they're churning out melodramatic crap instead," said Dirk Fransette, director of the Young Writers' Workshop, a Brookline, MA, writing program for 13- to 18-year-olds. "If I have to read one more poem about a lighthouse, I am going to carve out my eyeballs."

The study has provoked strong reactions among young people nationwide. "You just don't understand," said Ethan Cameron, 14, of Salem, OR. Cameron, whose parents recently split up, self-publishes a literary website called Visitation Rites. Among the high-school freshman's poems: "Detention Of The Soul," "My Trenchcoat" and "Bruised."

"Saying that all our poetry is bad, well, it just isn't fair," said 15-year-old Melody Jeffords of Knoxville, TN, whose parents divorced when she was 13. "My parents and teachers just don't understand my pain. Or, as my new poem 'Trust' puts it: 'Who can you trust / With thoughts inside your head?/ You can't trust anyone / Unless they're already dead.'"

Wyler-Feldman said that while the Duke study has shed a great deal of light on the link between divorce and bad poetry, there is still much to be learned.

"So much is still unknown. For example, why so much thunder and lightning imagery? Why so many references to The Crow? And why the recent rise in short stories ending with alarm clocks ringing, revealing the entire story to be a dream? We must answer these crucial questions before we can ever hope to find a cure."
Truly Scrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Truly Scrumptious For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #113
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Morbid Flowers

Flowers arrived on Valentine's Day
Little pretty things, alive like zombies
After the snip, snip, snip, snipping
The aspirin in the water, is the embalming fluid.
The long cardboard delivery box, their coffin.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #114
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Six word story...

The train to nowhere arrived unscheduled...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #115
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:

Default Sad Haiku Day

It was alive when
she was here, now she is gone
Feels dead once again

Had to put my butch
on the airplane to no. CA
One more time, hate it

~Washington Post

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #116
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

What isn’t, couldn’t
And what is, will always be
Are you confused yet?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #117
PrivateeroftheDeep
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Note from Admin: JakeTulane (again)

PrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST ReputationPrivateeroftheDeep Has the BEST Reputation
Default I think I get this?

When darkness calls
No one to answer the ring
The Sun is still shining
Could this be Spring?
PrivateeroftheDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PrivateeroftheDeep For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #118
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Default Anya inspired :)

Story in 6 words or less...

It was not, yet it was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There was a storm, roof gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Haiku

Drama was her life
But her stories a big flop
Still, violin plays...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peanut butter scoop
Stuck to the roof of my mouth
Might add spoon of jam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A fly speck on life
Microscopic insect poop
Doesn't change my truth

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #119
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation
Default haiku

Sniff, and sniff again.
Is it popcorn or fritos?
Odor de Dog Feet.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #120
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

05/04/12

Dear Brian,

And I say again, there was nothing in the water. I chose to be here, in this time, this place and in this sweat stained booth eating these metallic tasting tacos. Artificial cheese on my tacos de sesos...is still better than the Velveeta cheese you fed me.

I want a redo, because I wasn't prepared when you were pouring the cervezas down my throat for what followed. I don't have to make sense to you, I understand me just fine. This letter is about you and not the tacos.

Cheers, I'm going back to the bar,

Senorita Drinko De Mayo
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad prose, dark and stormy night, original