Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawse View Post
No at this point - my goal is to learn as much about statistics that I can without going to school for it and to leave work at work. I refuse to become the person who is called at all hours of the day / night. I don't need to feel or be that important.
In any case, that wouldn't make me feel important ..... it would make me feel used.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
DressyFemme

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Relationship Status:
MARRIED :)

DressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Smile I have a dream......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
What have you set out to accomplish?

How will you know when you have been successful?
I was a concert pianist from age 7 to 18 (classical and also I wrote my own music). Had to drop out of music college when I came out. Have missed music ever since, but went on to earn my BSW and MSW degrees and am now working as a social worker in kinship care.

I love my job, but what I would eventually like to do is music therapy. I see a path of re-training in piano, guitar and voice at the local community music school for a few years. Then I want to audition for the local Master's/bachelor's equivalency program at Nazareth College here in Rochester for music therapy.

Nothing would make me happier than using music to communicate with my clients. Being able to actually DO that for a living would show when I have been successful.

DressyFemme
I am a member of LinkedIn’s Largest LGBT+ and Welcomed Allies Professional Networking Group. Today if you are comfortable being 100% out or supporting LGBT people please come join me and the currently over 42 Thousand Global Members. The group is 100% professionally oriented. We all need to stand because Visibility leads to Awareness and Awareness lead to Full Equality (and keeping it).

Join Us.
Here’s a direct link to the group >> https://www.linkedin.com/groups/63687
˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄
DressyFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DressyFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2011, 01:20 PM   #3
citybutch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to "hey you" (either works for me!)
Relationship Status:
19 years together- Very Married for 10 years

Thanked 1,195 Times in 355 Posts
citybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputationcitybutch Has the BEST Reputation

I don't think this is a professional goal of mine... but I seem to be naturally responsive as a mentor. I am mentoring a new planner at the moment and it makes me think that being a District Agency MAY be in my professional future. I dunno... we will see... There is a lot to manage and I am not sure that I want to incorporate that into my business practice....

Take care of your body, take care of your health... You never know when the walls cave in and it all changes for good.
citybutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to citybutch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2011, 01:59 AM   #4
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

I leave for work shortly after 5am each morning (Monday to Friday) and usually arrive back close to 9pm, sometimes later. I work long and hard but am conscious that I don't define myself, nor want to be defined, by my work / profession.

Therefore, my professional goals are limited. My role is, at times, reasonably stressful especially over recent years given the difficulties faced by the banking industry but, overall, it's a job that I enjoy more days than not and a supportive employer. That said, I intend to retire by mid-40s and spend time working on a freelance or voluntary basis as, quite simply, working the hours and way I do at present could be detrimental to my longer-term health.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 03-06-2011, 02:21 AM   #5
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,644 Times in 3,985 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation
Default long story

I have had the most uplifting experience recently. I have found my faith again, and upon doing so, I know that I shall be called upon to serve my Universe as I once did before my accident and before all my health problems began. I had given up hope of ever being able to do that...and I believe that is why it spiraled out of control. No more. I now know I got the message and I will now start to mend...

my professional goal is simply to serve. I miss it. I know that I will not be able to serve in the same capacity as I did before, because I am limited, but I am sure that that is all part of the plan too. And I am also sure that my love of animals will play a huge part of it too. No doubt. This, I have faith in...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
Lady_Di

How Do You Identify?:
Homo sapien

Thanked 1,486 Times in 315 Posts
Lady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
I have had the most uplifting experience recently. I have found my faith again, and upon doing so, I know that I shall be called upon to serve my Universe as I once did before my accident and before all my health problems began. I had given up hope of ever being able to do that...and I believe that is why it spiraled out of control. No more. I now know I got the message and I will now start to mend...

my professional goal is simply to serve. I miss it. I know that I will not be able to serve in the same capacity as I did before, because I am limited, but I am sure that that is all part of the plan too. And I am also sure that my love of animals will play a huge part of it too. No doubt. This, I have faith in...

I love your goal!

I believe we all serve, one way or another. Even the Queen of England serves her people.

Dedicating your life to service is such an amazing decision and positive action for the community, the world at large.

Since moving here last summer I have met a divine spirit, a very funny woman, always full of laughter and joy, making the funniest jokes I have ever heard. Rip roaring funny, seriously!

She is about to take her final vows and I am so impressed with her decision.

She is one of the few that will have that honour of taking all the vows, all the rites that her faith allows. She was once married, has children and now will be a nun. How cool is that? Not even the Pope can say that!

In love and service,
Di
Lady_Di is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Di For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #7
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,644 Times in 3,985 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

Its been a year since I wrote this. I am opening a plus size woman's clothing resale and consignment shop. The retail part of it is exciting but what I am getting the most pleasure out of, is the service to women this store is offering! I cant tell you how many stories I have already heard, of how being "more" is "less" in this country if you are female. (Also, for men too but they dont get hit as hard as women do in the stigma of a larger size.)

I feel my spirit being replenished everytime I am called upon to listen. To be present. To attend.

I am so honored. And so grateful I have recovered enough to again serve...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #8
femmeandstrong

How Do You Identify?:
just me...imperfect but warm-hearted me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I am alright and still smiling - keeping my eyes on what lasts and matters

Thanked 1,040 Times in 279 Posts
femmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputationfemmeandstrong Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

when i can work per diem as a nurse and do mostly free lance photography...
femmeandstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to femmeandstrong For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #9
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

When I first became an RN, my goal was simply to help people. From bedside nursing, I worked my way up the ladder to charge nurse, to nurse manager, to Director of QI/Risk Management and Utilization Management. Finally, a DON.

I got sick of the politics and bullshit one has to wade through in the upper levels of management, left and went back to seeing patients again in home health and finally, case management.

I remained in case management, working with clients, for the last 12 years. It was easy, low stress, productive, satisfying and rewarding to help those with chronic physical and mental illnesses.

Out of the blue, I was offered a position back in management and I was seduced by the money. I think about retiring in 5 years and know the increase will help a lot toward that end. It is a heck of a lot of work and the company is very disorganized compared to where I came from. I feel a little like a fish out of water.

I had already felt like I had achieved success and accomplishment in my career. I am beginning to worry that at this point in my life, with the hellish year I have had-physically and mentally-I may have finally bitten off more than I can or want to chew.

The jury is still out for me as to the soundness of my decision.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: