Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > The Lesbian Zone

Old 07-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
bonne-maman

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
All right SPA. I am single.

bonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputation
Default I am a Lesbian/Man/Tman and I like Lesbians/Men/Transmen because....

This thread is a response to the "misogyny/sexism in BF community" thread that is currently struggling with hurt. I know there are other variations of struggle between other subsets of us...but today I want to say nice things about Tmen and Men....so that's what I am doin!

If you identify as a:

1) Lesbian (butch or femme)
And you have something great to say about the Transmen or Men in your life,

OR

if you identify as a
2) Transman
3) Man

And you have something you love about the Lesbians you know.....

Say it here!

I am putting this in the "Gender" umbrella as I didn't want to pick either the Lesbian zone or the Transgender zone.
bonne-maman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bonne-maman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
bonne-maman

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:

bonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputationbonne-maman Has the BEST Reputation
Default I am a lesbian and I like men and transmen because....

their testosterone (if they have/take it) gives them big arm muscles and I have no qualms about needing big-arm-muscle people in my life.

And Kudos to the big muscles of non-testosterone taking Tmen, and butches (who almost all have bigger muscles than me).

Last edited by bonne-maman; 07-05-2010 at 04:01 PM. Reason: well, actually, most femmes have bigger arm muscles than me too. Arm wrestling is not my specialty.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bonne-maman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
bonne-maman

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:

they use fewer words to get their point across and that is the most giant relief when one hangs out with a buncha lesbians a lot of the time.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:59 PM   #4
bonne-maman

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:

Default I am a lesbian and I like Tmen because....

(this one is about Tmen)

they are COMPLICATED, complex, an amalgem, they intrigue me greatly.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

I am Transgendered Male Butch and I like lesbians, I love my wife who is Lesbian.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
bonne-maman

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
I am Transgendered Male Butch and I like lesbians, I love my wife who is Lesbian.
Thanks Corkey! Can you express something about what you love about her being a Lesbian? Something you like that is just...so, so....lesbian about her?

The Following User Says Thank You to bonne-maman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 04:12 PM   #7
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonne-maman View Post
Thanks Corkey! Can you express something about what you love about her being a Lesbian? Something you like that is just...so, so....lesbian about her?

The way she loves me up, she's a giver.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 04:13 PM   #8
bonne-maman

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:

I love it when Tmen go to lesbian-focused events and bravely and politely assert their right to be there.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:24 PM   #9
bonne-maman

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:

they amuse me because they are so different from me.

[bonne --> --> "WTF are you up to anyway?"] [ Tman/Man/boy/boi ---> "Whee!"]

Last edited by bonne-maman; 07-05-2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: I enjoy messing with the cartoons. Well butches amuse me in this way too of course. But I am trying to make up for being a
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bonne-maman For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
bonne-maman

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:

Now I am editing my edits and don't have room.

I was saying that butches amuse me too, but I am trying here to make up for being a Y-chromosome hater in my distant past.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:36 PM   #11
bonne-maman

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:

I was right. Waiting is hard.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:38 PM   #12
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Give it time folks are working.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #13
bonne-maman

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Give it time folks are working.
Thank you Corkey. Must take my own advice.

and
Old 07-05-2010, 04:40 PM   #14
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I am a man, and I love my best friend, who is a lesbian; she can organise a large group of people quickly, and get the show on the road, so the fun (fishing, hiking, party, pretty near anything,) can commence that much sooner.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #15
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Now I am editing my edits and don't have room.

I was saying that butches amuse me too, but I am trying here to make up for being a Y-chromosome hater in my distant past.
You've already made up for it, Bonne—you of the beautiful countenance and heart.
Old 07-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #16
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am a femme, a lesbian and I love other humans.

I happen to be in love with and married to a trans man, but not because he is a transman. It just happened that the human I fell for is a transman.

It's hard for me to couch an answer in what it is I love about a specific label, because no two transpeople that I know are exactly the same.

I will say that I appreciate it when a trans person wants to keep their Queer/Butch/Femme/Whatever roots and remain a part of the community.

I don't want to lose all the history and amazing people we have because they chose to transition, and I am incredibly grateful when people do not leave the community because of transition.

I know it's not easy sometimes.

I am also grateful when others make room for each other and change is accepted. Again, it's not always easy, but the pay off is immense.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #17
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post

I will say that I appreciate it when a trans person wants to keep their Queer/Butch/Femme/Whatever roots and remain a part of the community.

I don't want to lose all the history and amazing people we have because they chose to transition, and I am incredibly grateful when people do not leave the community because of transition.

I know it's not easy sometimes.

I am also grateful when others make room for each other and change is accepted. Again, it's not always easy, but the pay off is immense.
Yes! I feel this way too.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #18
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
This thread is a response to the "misogyny/sexism in BF community" thread that is currently struggling with hurt. I know there are other variations of struggle between other subsets of us...but today I want to say nice things about Tmen and Men....so that's what I am doin!

If you identify as a:

1) Lesbian (butch or femme)
And you have something great to say about the Transmen or Men in your life,

I am a lesbian butch and I am thankful for the Transmen in my life from childhood and presently. One I am very thankful for is a terrific father to my late partner's daughter and was the kind of person that one can have positive interaction with as the non-co-parent, partner of his ex-partner with. (Are you dizzy?)

My intergendered cousin that I have only recently know of is one fine woman and I am always amazed at the shit she had thrown at her in her 76 years of life. Getting a perspective from someone this age is amazing!

I adore my son, a wonderful feminist man that is a very good husband and father. He brings joy to my life as does his daughters and fine wife.

OR

if you identify as a
2) Transman
3) Man

And you have something you love about the Lesbians you know.....

Say it here!

My close lesbian friends share similiar politics and I love it that I can count on them not to perpetuate hatred of all things male! Also, I do love their understanding of my butch persona.
I am putting this in the "Gender" umbrella as I didn't want to pick either the Lesbian zone or the Transgender zone.
Thanks for this thread!!!
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #19
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

I am a lesbian... and like SuperFemme, I have many Trans friends who are each unique and wonderful. I love how one transman friend of mine always has something nice to say about others... how another can get down on the grass with a group of children and completely occupy their attention for an hour. I love that another trans friend of mine tries so hard to please everyone around them AND is learning to do so without compromising hys own happiness.

I guess my point is that everyone I know has some wonderful quality about them.

I love MY trans because Hy is the most loving and caring person I have had in my life in a great many years. I love that Hy notices everything about me, that Hy is a cleaner, which compliments my organizer side. I love that Hy is happy in Hys own skin...

I think that this is what I love most about all my trans friends... that they are happy and content in who they are.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #20
bonne-maman

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
I am a man, and I love my best friend, who is a lesbian; she can organise a large group of people quickly, and get the show on the road, so the fun (fishing, hiking, party, pretty near anything,) can commence that much sooner.
Oh yes, many lesbians I know are known for their organizational skills. The non-profit world wouldn't be the same without em.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonne-maman For This Useful Post: