Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 10-26-2011, 07:02 PM   #261
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

http://abcnews.go.com/US/blackbeards...ry?id=14818314

Blackbeard's canon.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #262
Midnight

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Married to the most beautiful girl in the world

Midnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST Reputation

Swarms of Flying Ants Invade Oahu

http://www.sciencenewsblog.com/blog/102720113
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midnight For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #263
Midnight

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

Midnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST ReputationMidnight Has the BEST Reputation

200-inch Full HD Glasses Free 3D Display Unveiled at CEATEC Japan 2011

http://www.shoppingblog.com/blog/1026201119

I can see me buying one of these in 5 - 10 years!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Midnight For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #264
Midnight

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

Perhaps something in the future for those long distance relationships!

Japanese Scientists Create Balloon Input Device

http://www.sciencenewsblog.com/blog/102620115
Old 10-27-2011, 07:28 PM   #265
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
Perhaps something in the future for those long distance relationships!

Japanese Scientists Create Balloon Input Device

http://www.sciencenewsblog.com/blog/102620115
Ok that one just freeked me out. I don't hug much in real time much less virtually LOL
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #266
Midnight

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

Japan Ministry of Defense Shows Off Its Spherical Flying Machine

This only cost $1,400 US ...... imagine if they had won the electric airplane for NASA!!

http://www.sciencenewsblog.com/blog/102520114

ps can you tell I follow science on twitter? LOL
Old 10-27-2011, 09:26 PM   #267
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:
Professional Sandbagger and Jenga Zumba Instructor

Location: In the master control room of my world domination dreams
Thanked 4,736 Times in 1,409 Posts
SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation
Default Midnight and Corkey

I'm looking for articles for students writing on a couple different topics. Please let me know if you've seen good articles any from reputable sources in your travels:

Obesity and the advancing age of puberty in young women (there's evidence that young girls are coming into puberty much younger now, and there may be a nexus between this and the obesity epidemic)

The rise of superbugs and antibiotic resistant strains

The evolution and future of the motorcycle

Cell phones and brain cancer

The video game rating system

Thank you!
SNH
SoNotHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:54 PM   #268
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/japanese-wwii-...094359650.html

Mini subs off Papua New Guinea.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #269
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotHer View Post
I'm looking for articles for students writing on a couple different topics. Please let me know if you've seen good articles any from reputable sources in your travels:

Obesity and the advancing age of puberty in young women (there's evidence that young girls are coming into puberty much younger now, and there may be a nexus between this and the obesity epidemic)

The rise of superbugs and antibiotic resistant strains

The evolution and future of the motorcycle

Cell phones and brain cancer

The video game rating system

Thank you!
SNH
Have you tried WebMD? Usually google has a ton of resources on the subject as well as Dr. Oz.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:26 PM   #270
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

SoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST ReputationSoNotHer Has the BEST Reputation

I don't allow WebMD, but they have accessed Dr. Oz in the past. They've got articles from Newsweek, Science Daily, The Guardian, The NY Times, The Economist and others. I think they're set, but let me know if you find something.

Thank you. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
Have you tried WebMD? Usually google has a ton of resources on the subject as well as Dr. Oz.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #271
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/huge-crack-dis...212405650.html

Huge crack in Antarctic glacier.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #272
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

"When the iceberg breaks free, it will cover about 340 square miles (880 square kilometers) of surface area. Radar measurements suggested the ice shelf in the region of the rift is about 1,640 feet (500 meters) feet thick, with only about 160 feet of the shelf floating above water and the rest submerged.

It is likely that once the iceberg floats away, the leading edge of the ice shelf will have receded farther than at any time since its location was first recorded in the 1940s."

Good post. Thank you.

Quote:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2011, 07:44 PM   #273
Midnight

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

Default Sun spots and possible magnetic storm

http://news.discovery.com/space/big-...re-111105.html
Old 11-14-2011, 12:35 AM   #274
Softhearted

How Do You Identify?:
---
Preferred Pronoun?:
----
Relationship Status:
---

Softhearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST ReputationSofthearted Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sickle-cell mystery solved

Researchers discover how carriers of the sickle-cell anaemia gene are protected from malaria.

source: http://www.nature.com/news/sickle-ce...-solved-1.9342
Softhearted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Softhearted For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2011, 05:24 PM   #275
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/bronze-artifac...012113020.html

Bronze artifact found in Alaska
The Following User Says Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2011, 05:41 PM   #276
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749...-27262300.html

Congo volcano eruption.
Old 11-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #277
SoNotHer

How Do You Identify?:

Wow - I'm sorry it will take out a lot with it as this gentleman describes:

http://screen.yahoo.com/nyamuragira-...-27202652.html

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to SoNotHer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #278
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/why-milky-way-...210401548.html

Milky ways midlife crisis.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #279
Midnight

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:

Default Baby King Cobras sucsessfully bred in India

http://www.sciencenewsblog.com/blog/111420111

I don't think I would want to hand feed them! lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midnight For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2011, 03:47 PM   #280
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

http://news.yahoo.com/surprising-sunken-islands-discovered-near-Australialia-155612029.html

Sunken Islands discovered near Australia.