Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I love grrly things but on the other hand I enjoy working with screw guns, chainsaws, and jack hammers...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 04:26 AM   #102
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
I love grrly things but on the other hand I enjoy working with screw guns, chainsaws, and jack hammers...

YES...........
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 05:10 AM   #103
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,781 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

If I may, being a Butch, share a story my femme told me a while back. When she was around 6 or so, at their usual evening meal, her dad was coaxing G into eating all of her spinach. She really was balking at eating such awfulness, so he says, "G, eat that spinach! It will put hair on your chest.!"

G began crying, and whimpered, "Daddy, I don't want hair on my chest."

She told me then, is when she realized being feminine was her path in life.
That story makes me smile each time I think about it.

*Hope I didn't break any rules posting this here.
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 11:17 AM   #104
Contradictor

How Do You Identify?:
I don't!Kinda wish I did.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Whatever you think suits
Relationship Status:
Hers

Contradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know that I'm a femme. I know that most of the time I appear as one. I'd like someone to tell me if I am! But I know that's not realistic.
I like pink. I wear make up often. I wear skirts and dresses.
Does that make me femme? Sorry if not supposed to ask on here.
Contradictor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Contradictor For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 12:03 PM   #105
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contradictor View Post
I don't know that I'm a femme. I know that most of the time I appear as one. I'd like someone to tell me if I am! But I know that's not realistic.
I like pink. I wear make up often. I wear skirts and dresses.
Does that make me femme? Sorry if not supposed to ask on here.

no, none of that makes you a femme, because if it did, i'd lose my card.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 12:08 PM   #106
Contradictor

How Do You Identify?:
I don't!Kinda wish I did.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Whatever you think suits
Relationship Status:
Hers

Contradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you, that's helpful
Contradictor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Contradictor For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 12:54 PM   #107
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I think that in the same way that MOC women/butches know that they are not girly girls or feel very feminine or can't relate to the perceived feelings; femmes just "feel" it.

I have never questioned that I was female. It never felt foreign to me. I just "knew" that I was a girl and I have always liked that.

I never really integrated femme with female until I fell in love with my long-term ex.

She was very butch and heard sir pretty much everywhere she went. She did not identify as male nor felt uncomfortable in her MOC lesbian butch skin.

I met her in NOW in the mid-70's and was always, always, attracted to her but really did not understand why. We remained friends during my first relationship with a woman. I loved that first woman dearly.

She was very femme. I admired and loved her feminity but the sexual attraction was really not there. She was my bestie but we were both questioning our sexuality and fell into a sexual relationship. I also want to add that after we broke up; all of her girl-friends were butch...

When we broke up, the butch asked me out and we were together for 19-years. She came out in the 60's, when there were much more rigid roles. She was trained by a mentor in the ways of butch and recognized and appreciated the femme difference in me.

We were ying and yang and it was a real sexual spark for us.

She helped nurture the internal femme in me. I don't wear heels or dresses any more but those are externals and really have nothing to do, IMHO, with the internal identification as femme.

I went out to lunch with a butch dyke that I work with last week. She is questioning her gender identity but for now, still identifies as she/her so, I shall, too.

Somehow, we started talking about butch and femme (that is her chosen and soul dynamic also) and we were talking about butch and femme as we were driving. She always insists on driving. Surprise.

Anyway, i said something about being femme and was trying to explain it and she laughed (a quite hearty laugh I might add) and said:

"Yes, I know that you are femme. There is no question about that".

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 03:13 AM   #108
akiza

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
khaleessi lol ^-^ just go with aki,ana,kit or princess
Relationship Status:
single

akiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputationakiza Has the BEST Reputation

oh god since forever i may but i have been in denial yeah ^^ i've tried to act masculine you know walking,talking... rated! i was feeling stupid i love clothes,make up,doing the minimum of sport ^^,checking masculine women yeap the mind can be a pervert lol i don't see myself with a boy,i'm not weak ok i am fighting not for me and talking can't always be effective but a protective,fierce,fun,... butch is perfect for me ^^
akiza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to akiza For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 08:46 PM   #109
Wiccanfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Wiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST ReputationWiccanfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I have always been a girly girl. I remember trying on my mother's high heels and jewelry from the time I was about five years old. I don't scream if I see a bug and I like being outside enjoying nature but I like to dress femininely so I guess I've always been feminine. The defining moment for me was when I saw the movie If These Walls Could Talk 2 when I was a teen. As soon as I saw that butch walk on screen it all clicked into place for me. I realized that I wasn't just feminine I was a femme who yearned for that female embodiment of masculinity to compliment my femininity. It was a feeling of coming home, and all of it suddenly making sense for me.
Wiccanfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wiccanfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 08:59 PM   #110
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

I've always known I was very girlie and feminine. But I didn't know I was truly a femme until, millions of years ago, I had a crush that was so hardcore I couldn't see straight on a butch I worked with at the time.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 09:01 PM   #111
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

I had the same experience with this movie, which I watched I don't know how many times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiccanfemme View Post
The defining moment for me was when I saw the movie If These Walls Could Talk 2 when I was a teen.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2017, 09:39 AM   #112
nina03

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her, or they/them
Relationship Status:
Very married and in love

nina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputationnina03 Has the BEST Reputation

About seven years ago, I got sick. I was on bed rest for two years. After I got off bed rest, I was put on Prednisone for the next two years. I had to give away all my high heels, cause I couldn't walk, let alone walk in them. I had to cut my hair, because I couldn't take care of it. I didn't wear make up, because I mostly didn't leave the house. I was too sick. The Prednisone made me gain a hundred pounds, and literally changed the shape of my face from a side effect called "Moon face."
During that time, I had to figure out what femme meant to me, separate from all those externals, like long hair, pretty clothes, make up, shoes, or even flirting with handsome butches. I had to figure out what made me feel femme and why. What I came up with is that my femme identity is still there, no matter what. It's a core piece of who I am and how I am in the world. It's about my love of beauty, and my need to embody that in myself, even when that beauty is not reflected externally.
So, now I'm off the Prednisone, my face is going back to normal, I've lost some of the weight, and I can wear heels again. My hair is long again, and it's so pretty that Knight takes photos of it sometimes. Butches notice me again, and people flirt. That's all lovely, and I enjoy it, but now I know that without any of that, I'm still femme, and still a power house. It comes from a deeper place now.
nina03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nina03 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2017, 08:54 PM   #113
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

i love this thread, and being femme..........
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2017, 11:25 PM   #114
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

For me, if I'm to be dead honest, it was when I slept with a butch for the first time! I realized the label "femme" was gonna steer me in the right direction .

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2017, 04:42 PM   #115
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

.....when you are digging through your purse for keys and find 9 lipsticks, a nail polish, 2 rings, and a little sparkly bauble with "FEMME" on it that you used as a key fob before it broke.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #116
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,587 Times in 4,690 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I knew i was a femme when i learned in 1987 that butches exist.

I knew what lesbians were and i knew (and was fascinated by) girls who were tomboys but i was not interested in being a lesbian until i put it together that a lot of the tomboys were lesbians and there was a kind of lesbian you could be where you ONLY dated tomboys

SIGN. ME. UP! (i said)
Old 08-31-2017, 09:12 AM   #117
Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,278 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

I've never been a girly go. I prefer wash and go hair. Makeup is limited to my eyes and lips. I like dresses/skirts and hate hose so that limits when I can wear these.
When I came out (the second time) to myself, I hurried myself down to the gay bookstore. The first book I picked up was "The Persistent Desire: A Butch Femme Reader." God bless Joan Nestle. I cried, I drooled, I lusted and I knew I was femme and more particularly a butch loving femme.

Just as an aside, I lived in Big Bear, CA for the better part of a year. I moved up there in late fall; I say up there because it's about 8,000 above sea level and cold in the fall and winter. I thought I'd died and gone to my femme heaven. Every woman I saw had short hair, boots, jeans and flannel shirts. It took me about 2 second to realize most of them were practical straight women. ::::
Old 08-31-2017, 01:23 PM   #118
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

when I first came out I cut my hair short and wore jeans t-shirt and boots...loved it..but it never occurred to me (to doubt) I was a grrl 100%
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post: