Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing

Breakups, Lessons Learned, Healing PLEASE do not use this forum for ugliness or nasty posts.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:29 AM   #241
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

1. that MY feelings are important and they matter and should matter
2. that if they can't listen and hear at the same time then for me its time to walk away
3. that if they act like my feelings don't matter and do stuff anyways that it's time to walk away.
4. that some people think yelling is a change in tone of voice doesn't always mesh with my definition of yelling which means at the top of your lungs.
5. leave the past in the past and stop bringing it up
6. that it's okay for me to stand up for myself
7. that I've changed over time as to what is acceptable behavior from friends and relationships
8. that I need to put myself first because no one else will.
9. to take care of me first
Old 09-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #242
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

past is the past ~ I grew from my marriage of 17 yrs .~ hy never hurt me as a woman just a broken heart , hearts mend. I still love my EX as a person first . All experiences wether it has left a bad scent in the air ~ or not ~ is a learning experience. I would not have given up the chance to have shared my life w/ my ex.Today when we talk ~ and we laugh to the early hours of the night at times ~ we see eachother all over again ~ hys my best friend ~ there were times I wanted to walk away, then I would look at the happiness in their eyes , the children and hys . This taught me patience .We both worked hard, and hy is still accomplishing what hy set out to accomplish ~ I still love hearing all about it ~ I am hys friend to the end. ~ Hys recent concern and actions in something I had to face , a life threatening experience ~ hy is my friend to the end. I would have to say I learned from my past relationship , accept the big things , fluff off the small stuff, respect who they are as an individual, endure what they are to U . ~ treat yourself the same way ~
Old 10-12-2015, 10:17 PM   #243
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I learned (and am still learning) that I allow good things or not so good things to come into my life ... no one does anything "to me" without my permission.

A decade or so ago, I was so vulnerable ... regarding trusting people. I thought because I was being open and honest, another would be too. It took me years to see the lies.

Today, I am not that person who wants only to see the good in people. The blinders came off. Sure, I still believe the goodness in people, unless the person shows me otherwise ... usually through their actions. Today, I won't get close enough to be hurt in case the "otherwise" might show up. I refuse to play the silly non-sense games - makes me weary just thinking about it. I am old-fashioned ... trust, honesty ... those things are important to me.

I love true and hard. My short-coming is I can be in too deep before I realize it is only fun and games for my partner.

signing off as ...
cut n run
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2015, 10:58 PM   #244
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation
Default Omg,that was long...

Boundaries..which was a very good lesson taught..I don't do well in a cell,they always want to me.

The good,the bad,and the ugly(crazy)..the side they show and the side they hide..I can take it or leave it..ohh,yeah.

Crazy Love...it's the only kind I like.

Also,keep your eyes on the expensive toys..they tend to "walk off" after a breakup.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2015, 03:37 PM   #245
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I learned it's best to let someone go! In time, it could prove to be the best thing ever!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2015, 04:12 PM   #246
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I learned it's best to let someone go! In time, it could prove to be the best thing ever!
best advice ever. Sometimes people hold on too long...
Old 08-26-2016, 08:40 PM   #247
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I know that for me, especially in the last romantic attachment (and the deepest relationship, I've ever experienced ), I learned that I have incredible worth, that I'm incredibly smart --- things I have not always truly believed about myself. But I have such a better, deeper understanding of who I am, thanks to the loving relationship I shared with my last romantic partner. He was absolutely wonderful to me, taught me so much about myself, and about who we could be, together as a team. And, we were such a great pair of like-minded hearts, souls.

And that age old cliché, "If you love someone, let them go, because if it's meant to be, it will be?"

Yeah, that is such an important concept to internalize, which I have, but it's so important to let go.... to trust that the universe knows exactly what is best for you, that what you need or want or desire, will be provided for: Even if it comes wrapped differently , at another time in life.

I've learned to own my own independence, to know that I'm enough....that sometimes I'm more than enough. To be satisfied enough with who I am, yet let my own evolution play out in its own course of timing.

My contentment satisfies my inner knowing that I've truly come to terms with my sense of well being. My sense of worth improved exponentially during my last romantic relationship, and I'm so grateful for that stretch of time in personal growth.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2016, 10:50 PM   #248
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation

I have learned that "love" is defined differently by each of us. That the words "I love you" mean different things to each of us. There may be a generic definition of love involving attraction, inspiration and happy feelings in our hearts but what is the true picture we are trying to create? Are the strokes bold , timid, languid, flowing or angular? What shades is it colored in? How does it taste, feel, express? How does it grow, nourish, merge and sustain? What does love need to flourish in your heart and in your life?

Oft times I see couples including myself say love and mean very different things with colliding unconscious needs. I feel that if we take the time to define what love means to us then we can begin a conversation that leads to clarity. From there we can grasp the picture of love held in the heart of the person we hope to share it with. I'm not sure we need to be painting the exact same thing but I do think the pictures need to hang well next to one another: with harmony and dynamics that please us.

The other is that people's hearts are precious. Even the hearts of people who are not "for us". Life has more meaning when I behave accordingly.
Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2016, 09:15 PM   #249
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,871 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Boundaries are important, very important!

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2016, 09:24 AM   #250
Demure

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Ma'am or Oi
Relationship Status:
Single

Demure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST ReputationDemure Has the BEST Reputation

Wow some very honest comments in here and just want to hug you all *squeeze*
Old 09-21-2016, 11:07 AM   #251
anotherbutch

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single and very content this way...

Thanked 1,300 Times in 367 Posts
anotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputationanotherbutch Has the BEST Reputation

I have learned one should never lose their own identity... be your own person with your own thoughts and opinions.
Never lose what makes you uniquely you!!!
anotherbutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to anotherbutch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2016, 12:55 PM   #252
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

When they tell you their aspirations, goals, things they want someday: remember that this does not actually say anything at all about them as a person.

Rattling off a list of good intentions takes zero effort and zero integrity. Are any of these projects actually in progress or within the realm of possibility, based on what you observe of their day-to-day attitudes and habits?

Do they get offended or defensive when you ask this sort of question?
Old 09-21-2016, 02:55 PM   #253
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,639 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default k

Learned that I like children...miss them.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2016, 04:11 PM   #254
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation

The biggest take away for me has been....that the other person did the best they could with the knowledge they had available to them at the time.
As did I.

In the end, we are human beings, just trying to navigate life.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2016, 05:49 PM   #255
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Such a positive post above! Like I love saying 'life didn't come with a manual"
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-21-2016, 07:16 PM   #256
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

This is semi negative but I stress it to my girls to this day

Keep your finances separate...

And never give up your autonomy for anyone.

Love isn't always equal on both sides. If you find an instance where it is, hold on for dear life.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:23 PM   #257
Bubala

How Do You Identify?:
Lady Sunflower
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 1,669 Times in 615 Posts
Bubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST ReputationBubala Has the BEST Reputation

Never settle.
Know what NOT to compromise on.
Never let anyone treat you in a way lesser than what you deserve.
We only deserve to be treated as well as we treat others.
Relationships are a two way street.
Learn what you should compromise on at times.
Work on healthy communication.
Always pay attention.
Learn to listen.
Silence can be the best thing ever and the worst thing ever at different times.
Red flags only get redder with time - once you see a red flag , run!
Don't waste your time with fools who don't deserve you!
Love with all your being.
Laugh, with all your lungs.
Make your lovers laugh.
Be happy, share your happy.
Always find ways to be kind, kind to yourself and kind to others equally.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:20 AM   #258
LoyalWolfsBlade

How Do You Identify?:
Pre-Op FtM,
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones plz
Relationship Status:
Single but haven't given up on finding the One

Thanked 9,646 Times in 3,123 Posts
LoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST ReputationLoyalWolfsBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I learned that I have to continue to learn. After all no two people are alike.
To not compare current partner to past partner.
That I have to do it for myself before I can do it for anyone else.
To not just honor the person I am with but to honor myself.
That sometimes I let go to quickly, well once.
Sometimes I hold on way to long with a thousand reasons why to do it
Not to believe what others say unless I was there or saw the same thing with my own eyes.
Red flags stop ignoring them
I'm sorry are just words until there is behavior/change followed by it
Everyone has a bad day
Just because they are listening they may not be hearing you so ask..
The Following User Says Thank You to LoyalWolfsBlade For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2016, 02:34 PM   #259
Nattih

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Nattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST ReputationNattih Has the BEST Reputation

- Love is not enough to sustain a relationship
- Don't ruin a great friendship for possible romantic love
- You don't owe someone who is leaving your love and well wishes. Especially not your friendship. Its ok to be hurt and not want a thing to do with them, ever.
- The only mixed signals are the ones you send to yourself.
- Always leave the relationship with some trinket that you love. At least that will have been worth the trouble (got that one from my wealthy professor lol)
- My education, business, and sense of self-worth is never going to wake up and not want me anymore. Never allow a temporary relationship to interfere with permanent things again.
Nattih is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nattih For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2016, 10:48 PM   #260
cassiopeia67

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything feminine
Relationship Status:
Single

cassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputationcassiopeia67 Has the BEST Reputation

1. To let go
2. I'm responsible for my actions, and choices..not theirs
3. That it is okay to do what is best for me
4. To make mistakes is human, and to learn from those mistakes
5. That even though two people love each other, sometimes it's not enough
6. To give myself time..
cassiopeia67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cassiopeia67 For This Useful Post: