Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 06-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #1201
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Cool

Anya and D,
Glad to hear this part of the trip is over. Doc sounds nice n reasonable and willing to listen. That's so helpful.

Go do something fun. I suggest watching the sunset at the ocean, sitting in the car, talking and having some ice cold tea or lemonade. Waiting on path reports is never a fun time, so , I go into hyper mode and overdo activities, and..insomnia.

Best wishes, and keep in touch.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2014, 11:20 PM   #1202
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWriteFemme View Post

The Warrior Waiting

Is there word
Is there word
The Warrior is waiting
Waiting to hear if there is further incursion
Waiting to know if cancer has again
Turned Hys body into a battlefield
Schrodinger’s cat sat in a box in anticipation
But caging a tiger is different
Is it war or is it peacetime
The pacing wears on the might
The waiting wears out days better spent
Rumination is for cows
Fights and freedoms are the business of heroes
Anticipation is its own test
The Warrior is waiting
Prepared whatever the word

6/27/14 7:35 am
I LOVE this. Thank you for posting it. Jeano
Old 07-07-2014, 09:05 PM   #1203
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I was so anxious about having my squamous cell cancer removed because for the last few years, everything medically that could go wrong: has.

This time, it was no different.

By this past Friday, a week after it was removed, I knew the surgical site was infected.

I went back to the doctor Friday morning. She cultured it and started me on antibiotics.

I went back today and found out it had cultured MRSA. She changed my antibiotic.

Now, I am petrified of getting C-Dif again.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #1204
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Geeesh Anya, what a journey. Cancer is taken care of, but the side effects keep on comin~

Sure hope that new antibiotic kicks butt quickly, and C.diff stays out of the mix. Best regards, and I know you are drinking lots of water, getting lots of rest and ,well. ya know.

Tommi
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2014, 02:48 PM   #1205
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default Life on the line

I decided it was time to terminate the experiment called "Waiting". Vacation over, back home, and still no news, or phone message from my tests.

I had watched the mail, waited for the little post card long enough, the one with check boxes:

Waiting for it to read, "negative findings, normal biopsy" with the little happy face drawn on by the nurse/tech, or "Please call to make a follow-up appointment. "

It had been long enough. I picked up the line and called the cancer center, extolled to the person on the phone I had waited over 3 weeks, for something that for nine years took a week...except when there was a recurrence last year, and ...well it was over 3 weeks to find out, then had to have 3 months of treatment and radiation and ..well...I was pissed.

Wait on the line while she looks up your chart....

Then, "Oh, everything came back Okay. Sorry we didn't let you know!" We stopped mailing out the cards, and expected you to call for the results. OMFG.

SORRY, not being good enough I let her know my true feelings, as I am sure many cancer survivors have done before...hoping that this time, they will get it....a sigh of relief and , back to life and wanting

POPCORN
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2014, 04:10 PM   #1206
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,683 Times in 7,714 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ^5, Tommi!!!

YAY!!! Doing a happy dance for Tommi!

Enjoy that popcorn, bud!!!! Whoohooo.....

Old 08-13-2014, 02:22 PM   #1207
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

YAY! My CEA levels are .7!!! My 3 year anniversary is Dec. 9 and I can go for 5 years (unless become symptomatic) before next colonoscopy!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!

I am doing really well and am thankful for that!!!

I did have a "suspicious flat, black spot removed by dermatologist today. I am confident it will be "benign"!!!

Leaving everyone here warm, gentle hugs. Have a great day!!! Much love...Clay
Old 08-13-2014, 05:23 PM   #1208
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
YAY! My CEA levels are .7!!! My 3 year anniversary is Dec. 9 and I can go for 5 years (unless become symptomatic) before next colonoscopy!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!

I am doing really well and am thankful for that!!!

I did have a "suspicious flat, black spot removed by dermatologist today. I am confident it will be "benign"!!!

Congrats, Clay! 5 years? Wow, that's the same schedule all adults over age 50 use, isn't it?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #1209
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Congrats, Clay! 5 years? Wow, that's the same schedule all adults over age 50 use, isn't it?
Thanks, Dapper!!!

Don't know about that....my previous oncologist said every year for 5 years Post Hemicolectomy!

My newest oncologist follows a different guideline. It is individualized for the most part, I assume!

I am just happy with my progress each subsequent year!!!
Old 08-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #1210
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,321 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

The rubber met the road when my sponsee was going through the chemo......but with the radiation she seems to be laying the rubber down. She is wiped out and it's only day 5 of a 28 day sentence. I am wracking my brain to think of things to lift her spirits. She is taking the treatments during her lunch hour and then going back to work. She is walking 4 or 5 nights a week to keep her strength up, making plenty of meetings and eating really well. The only think I've thought of so far is to feed her juvenile sense of humor......I will post the clip I sent her today, but if anyone has anymore dignified suggestions please let me know......if you have less dignified suggestions....I'll take those too, I really want to help her stay chipper.

Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2014, 01:43 AM   #1211
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Thumbs up

LWF,
Sleep is nice.
Eat lotsa Banana popsicles, fudgesicles, save the sticks , tie them up and make little rafts to float down the street in the rain

Send her Something fun in the daily mail. A crayon a day with a blank piece of paper with a scribble on it. She has to turn the scribble into a picture.

Start a story about her journey, mail it to her, have her write a paragraph or page, and send it back to you, add to it, return it, etc.

Buy her 4 pairs of Funky socks.mix em up, send a mismatched pair one day, another mismatched pair the next week, then a match to one of them, etc.
Then her treatment will be over.

Wish her the best.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2014, 07:42 AM   #1212
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

It WAS benign. The spot itself is healing slower than I prefer! .......
Old 09-10-2014, 02:31 PM   #1213
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default Caregivers deserve so much, and take so little.

For over a year, I have learned to really appreciate every single day, and the steadfastness of one hella- caretaker.

I went in for my 11 month post-radiation pelvic exam-follow-up exam at 7:30 AM. I found the 405 freeway roundtrip to be the most harrowing part of my day.

And, for my dear ones day to days. I have watched Alzheimer's steal the memories of the days and nights of her beloved Mom. The last few weeks getting more and more difficult with the daily routines of getting Mom to bathe, to dress and to eat. Her Dad in and out of the hospital over the last year for CHF and other ailments. Numerous agencies of daytime caregivers who come and go.

Evenings after work, and on weekends she cooks full meals, setting down together to eat, and the chit chat of what is seen and heard. Knowing her elderly parents living with her, are safe, at home, loved, and cared for is a journey of true love and devotion. You don't know from day to day where this life journey carries you, just that we are along for the ride, and hope to have both oars in the water, steering as best we can, and enjoying the scenery

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2014, 05:30 PM   #1214
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
It WAS benign. The spot itself is healing slower than I prefer! .......
I'm so glad to hear this, Clay, Congrats!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2014, 10:49 PM   #1215
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default This morning I called for results 12 days post tests.

I held my breath when the Gyneco-Oncologists nurse returned my call this afternoon.

"""Your test results from your Sept 10th tests all came back negative.""" Breathing again, I said thank you, and, see you in 6 months.

One year ago Today I was 1/2 way through radiation therapy for recurring endometrial cancer. �� which came back after a nine year absence. I had just met someone who stood by me night and day and It all okay.

2Nd time around, I feel privileged to call & not wait for that little note in the mail box. ��

I feel every day is a gift all wrapped up new and shiny.

my RickiRacer kitten Just brought me her curly pipe cleaner so I can toss it. She hockey pucks it across the hardwood floors, ricocheting and returning it for another toss. Life is good
Life is all good.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2014, 05:38 AM   #1216
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
I held my breath when the Gyneco-Oncologists nurse returned my call this afternoon.

"""Your test results from your Sept 10th tests all came back negative.""" Breathing again, I said thank you, and, see you in 6 months.

One year ago Today I was 1/2 way through radiation therapy for recurring endometrial cancer. �� which came back after a nine year absence. I had just met someone who stood by me night and day and It all okay.

2Nd time around, I feel privileged to call & not wait for that little note in the mail box. ��

my RickiRacer kitten Just brought me her curly pipe cleaner so I can toss it. She hockey pucks it across the hardwood floors, ricocheting and returning it for another toss. Life is good
Life is all good.
Ah, Tommi, so glad to hear, so glad to hear. Congratulations!

I delayed for a couple of weeks in calling to schedule my colonoscopy (I received a note in the mail). Finally made the call on Friday, but haven't heard back. This thread is a good reminder. I think I will call them again.

We all continue to be in this together, so I am glad when someone comes back to update. Congrats again.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-23-2014, 07:33 AM   #1217
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Yay, Tommi!!! Thank you for the update.
My tests are coming up in December, when I will be 3 years post op cancer free!!!
As DB said, this thread is a reminder...for us all...we have come long journeys!!! And to keep those appointments! And to call..and ask! It is our privilege to know ASAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post

Life is all good.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #1218
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Ah, Tommi, so glad to hear, so glad to hear. Congratulations!

I delayed for a couple of weeks in calling to schedule my colonoscopy (I received a note in the mail). Finally made the call on Friday, but haven't heard back. This thread is a good reminder. I think I will call them again.

We all continue to be in this together, so I am glad when someone comes back to update. Congrats again.
Quote:
Yay, Tommi!!! Thank you for the update.
My tests are coming up in December, when I will be 3 years post op cancer free!!!
As DB said, this thread is a reminder...for us all...we have come long journeys!!! And to keep those appointments! And to call..and ask! It is our privilege to know ASAP!
Yes. Keep it up..
To ALL Survivors, Caretakers, Caring Family and Friends We can all walk the walk and talk the talk together. This kind of sharing is caring.

A favorite saying from a favorite meeting.."Keep coming back, it works if you work it and it won't if you don't "...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2014, 06:06 AM   #1219
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

Just saw my oncologist last Thursday. My CEA (tumor marker levels) are WNL (within normal limits).
Dec 9 is my 3 year anniversary of being diagnosed with Stage 1 Colon Cancer. I had major abdominal surgery to remove half my large intestine as well as a total hystero. I did not have to have any chemo or radiation, I was so very lucky!!

So now I can go to every 6 months testing CEA. I am so thrilled to be a survivor.....so many are not.

I like to say I kicked cancer's ass and made her my bitch! My GYN oncologist loved it!!! when I told her that! With such a diagnosis, I think our humor is wonderful medicine!

I know when I was having to drink so much of that nasty prep, the humor from friends here in this thread helped me get through! Thank you each and everyone for walking this journey with me. I <3 you all!
Old 10-06-2014, 07:45 AM   #1220
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Just saw my oncologist last Thursday. My CEA (tumor marker levels) are WNL (within normal limits).
Dec 9 is my 3 year anniversary of being diagnosed with Stage 1 Colon Cancer. I had major abdominal surgery to remove half my large intestine as well as a total hystero. I did not have to have any chemo or radiation, I was so very lucky!!

So now I can go to every 6 months testing CEA. I am so thrilled to be a survivor.....so many are not.

I like to say I kicked cancer's ass and made her my bitch! My GYN oncologist loved it!!! when I told her that! With such a diagnosis, I think our humor is wonderful medicine!

I know when I was having to drink so much of that nasty prep, the humor from friends here in this thread helped me get through! Thank you each and everyone for walking this journey with me. I <3 you all!
Congrats on everything staying in the clear!

Don't bring up drinking that prep, I have to do it next month! Ugh.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: