Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 07-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation
Default Woman Smothers 8 Babies over 17 Years

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/07/29/france.dead.babies/index.html?npt=NP1

After viewing the video and reading the article,
I am still marinating over the mental state of the Mother.

I wonder if this is seen by others as a case of severe postnatal depression.

Anyone wanna talk about this?

Old 07-29-2010, 03:25 PM   #2
SuperFemme
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am digesting.

I have to wonder if postpartum depression is something that pertains to this (really, I have no idea. I'm not a professional).

It *feels* strange that she hid all the pregnancies. I don't know what would possess a human being to do this.

I don't know what it means that two of the babies were in the garden and the rest of the babies in plastic bins hidden in the garage.

The whole thing is too big for me to digest at once.

Last edited by SuperFemme; 07-29-2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: my description was impersonal.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2010, 03:46 PM   #3
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

The first thing that jumps to mind is why not use birth control in the first place?

Especially after the first one.

Very weird story, will read some more and be back.

I agree that it feels really strange. I want it to be post partum or something explainable....
Old 07-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ow, that is tragic.....

it reeks of half truths and missing details.
i would have to hear more indepth investigative results before i could even begin to speculate on her mental state.

seems like she would be suffering from some kind of severe depression now if not before she started hiding her babies.

just when you think you have heard almost every bad thing a person can do.......
downright grizzly, i am sure all the gory details will be available soon.

i was living in Chicago when Jeffery Dahmer was on trial. they played the ENTIRE court proceeding on the radio. chilling.......

anyone want to start a pool on when this will be made into a lifetime movie?
Old 07-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefhmboyrd View Post
it reeks of half truths and missing details.
i would have to hear more indepth investigative results before i could even begin to speculate on her mental state.

seems like she would be suffering from some kind of severe depression now if not before she started hiding her babies.

just when you think you have heard almost every bad thing a person can do.......
downright grizzly, i am sure all the gory details will be available soon.

i was living in Chicago when Jeffery Dahmer was on trial. they played the ENTIRE court proceeding on the radio. chilling.......

anyone want to start a pool on when this will be made into a lifetime movie?

This might have to be on HBO, they would have to clean it up for Lifetime.

Keeping babies safe is a modern thing, it has not always been that way.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:24 PM   #6
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalipstic View Post
This might have to be on HBO, they would have to clean it up for Lifetime.

Keeping babies safe is a modern thing, it has not always been that way.
tht is chilling in and of itself......
i would think keeping babies safe would be very important.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:48 PM   #7
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,592 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I want it to be post partum or something explainable....

she is definitely mentally ill...i doubt it would be postpartum b/c the behavior starts way before the birth
dark_crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:53 PM   #8
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,592 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

it seems to me like what this is bringing up for us (as a group in this thread, not "us" as in the human race in general) is whether we believe in evil at all- the current line of thinking defines evil as sociopathy- it is an illness (an untreatable illness, yes, but something that grows from events and conditions that predate the individual's moral responsibility)

do we think people who commit horrors are evil or that they are ill?

how could you do commit an atrocity if you cared at all about life? and how can you not care unless you are just missing something inside? and isn't that illness?
dark_crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dark_crystal For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #9
Daywalker

How Do You Identify?:
Hippy

Thanked 11,917 Times in 2,700 Posts
Daywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST ReputationDaywalker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
There was another case similar to this, but I can't remember the name. I do remember that the mother had killed about 7 of her babies, but it was Munchausen by Proxy. She let them live and then made them sick until they died.

I think they finally caught her by putting cameras in the hospital rooms.

Does anyone else remember that? Chilling.
I do remember this one...clearly.

And yes, this latest story is horrifying to say the least.

And yet, there is something intriguing about a mind so warped that
behavior like this is never even hinted of...until the evidence is stumbled
upon. She certainly has taken many by surprise, and shocked the folks
in her Village of 700 people...who thought of her and her husband as good
folks. This is horribly sad. I'm sure the 2 daughters are devastated for more
than one reason right now. I am interested to see where this goes in
as far as her diagnosis.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #10
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,030 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
The first thing that jumps to mind is why not use birth control in the first place?

Especially after the first one.

Very weird story, will read some more and be back.

I agree that it feels really strange. I want it to be post partum or something explainable....
There are a few missing details in the CNN version of this story.

For other French speakers here, I would check out Le Monde's articles on the story.

As for the birth control thing, in Le Monde it was stated that the reason she did not use birth control was because she has been afraid to see a doctor since after the birth of her first child. Apparently it was a very difficult and painful childbirth because of her size, and she had a history of weight problems. They are saying that this may be why she was able to hide her pregnancy from her husband and others in the community, though other members of the community say they saw less of her than her husband who was more active within the community and even a member of the municipal counsel. No one ever noticed anything strange.

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/articl...3286_3224.html

Anyways, it's a pretty crazy case. I guess we'll see what the final ruling is.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #11
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
There are a few missing details in the CNN version of this story.

For other French speakers here, I would check out Le Monde's articles on the story.

As for the birth control thing, in Le Monde it was stated that the reason she did not use birth control was because she has been afraid to see a doctor since after the birth of her first child. Apparently it was a very difficult and painful childbirth because of her size, and she had a history of weight problems. They are saying that this may be why she was able to hide her pregnancy from her husband and others in the community, though other members of the community say they saw less of her than her husband who was more active within the community and even a member of the municipal counsel. No one ever noticed anything strange.

http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/articl...3286_3224.html

Anyways, it's a pretty crazy case. I guess we'll see what the final ruling is.
I get Doctors being rude about weight, it happens to me...however, one can buy condoms in France. That is no excuse.

I agree that the media leaves out details to present things in the worst way possible.