Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-27-2015, 06:04 PM   #2761
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

I've been slacking. All my normal exercise options are out, so I just haven't been doing it. I probably need to find alternatives. But spending 30+ minutes on the recumbent bike is just not my style.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:11 PM   #2762
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrum View Post
I've been slacking. All my normal exercise options are out, so I just haven't been doing it. I probably need to find alternatives. But spending 30+ minutes on the recumbent bike is just not my style.
Not my first choice either but most likely what I'll be doing for a while combined with short river walks. I gotta start somewhere. *sigh*
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2015, 08:22 PM   #2763
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I took a short walk with friends in the park today. I have a blister from some shoe incident. I hate blisters!
Band-aid Advanced Healing Blister bandages. They are miraculous! They are padded and stay on for a couple of days or more. Totally waterproof (until the grit and grime of daily life starts wearing at it).

I get blisters super easy on my heels and once I found them, I was sooo happy. If you haven't used them before, give them a try. You won't regret it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Would love to walk the Highline someday! I kept an eye on the development as it got going, so glad it is a success and continuing.

I should be back in a gym routine of some sort this coming week. My strength is relatively equal to that of four kittens right now, so it's going to be a climb back up to anything at all..
We might share those same 4 kittens. Declawed ones at that.

It's been about two weeks since I've done anything other than walk a little bit. Part of it's been the cold dragging on and part of it is just me being lazy. I need to get back to a regular schedule. I'm gaining weight and really feel it.

Bah.

Quote:
I think we should band together and all do the same thing. Just to start and get us back into the groove of things. If recumbent bikes are it, then that's fine.

Something's better than nothing, right?

My will power ran away but if I'm held accountable, I'll be more likely to actually do something.

What do you guys think?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-27-2015, 09:09 PM   #2764
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Gemme,

I'm not a regular poster here in Nycfem's exercise thread, but I think if you've not felt up to your usual routine of exercise, then enjoy your down time because, like you said, you've not been feeling well. Sometimes the body needs a chance to recalibrate itself. But I get what you're saying about holding yourself accountable. I think you're doing a great job with your exercise routines.

Get well soon.

In other news:

I've been incredibly busy at work, which often times I am on the go with lots of walking, random bouts of jogging, mostly tempered with being able to sit down and rest while taking a quick break or resting up during my lunch hour.

I have no idea what level of energy I am expending, but I'd say it's enough physical exertion to tire me out physically and mentally. I'd say I'm holding my own in that a) I am still losing small amounts of weight, b) I increasing my level of endurance, and c) sleep comes easily after a busy day of physical exercise on the job.

However, if my daily levels of on-the-job exercise activities decrease significantly, I may have to join a group of exercisers here at home.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2015, 09:44 AM   #2765
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Okay, so here I am at square one yet again.

For those who don't know, four years ago I lost a crap load of weight through strict eating and exercise and have mostly kept it off. It wasn't perfect, I had very limited ranges of motion and choices of activity due to long standing back issues. What I did qualified as chronic cardio but I did get the weight off and really couldn't do much else. (If you can't pick a barbell up off the floor, you're limited to machines, and most of those were off limits too)

I did it outdoors by walking distances in the sand which worked because I lived two blocks from a beach in a great climate. I made friends and it was a way for me to interact with folks while "working out", I had a ton of social support, loved being outside, and it worked.

Fast forward to this last year. I moved cross country, got some medical things done, had several "life events", traveled a lot, and basically fell off the bandwagon. I did get a regular gym membership which lasted about three months on a recumbent bike with crushing boredom and no interaction with all the other folks wired into headphones looking straight ahead at tv's. I get that that model works for a bunch of folks and in no way do I criticize it for those it works for. My membership in that is up in the next month or two, I don't even know when, that's how engaged with it I am.

The good news is that my back problems have been resolved and I have range of motion available for the first time in a dozen years, albet with no strength. I just spent the last month detoxing from the heavy opioids I've been on for the last several years to function at all, and while a miserable experience, it's over. I'm weak as a kitten, have put on some fat this last year, (at least I know how to get rid of it), but mostly I really don't know how to do functional excersize beyond reading books, and I don't have a place that I feel like I can get what I want.

I think I'm going to try something new. I want training, variety, coaching/supervision, and engagement with other people who have similar goals. I think I may sip from the Crossfit koolaid cup, and see what the "cult" is all about. I only have to commit a month at a time if that's what I want, which is good because it's hella expensive, but I know what I'm doing now (nothing) for a smaller monthly fee is expensive in another way.

Comments? Warnings? Experience?

I'm going to go check out several "boxes", gyms, this afternoon to get a hands on feel for what the different locations seem to feel like.

This could be very good or very stupid, if you have an opinion, please share it.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2015, 09:52 AM   #2766
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Okay, so here I am at square one yet again.

For those who don't know, four years ago I lost a crap load of weight through strict eating and exercise and have mostly kept it off. It wasn't perfect, I had very limited ranges of motion and choices of activity due to long standing back issues. What I did qualified as chronic cardio but I did get the weight off and really couldn't do much else. (If you can't pick a barbell up off the floor, you're limited to machines, and most of those were off limits too)

I did it outdoors by walking distances in the sand which worked because I lived two blocks from a beach in a great climate. I made friends and it was a way for me to interact with folks while "working out", I had a ton of social support, loved being outside, and it worked.

Fast forward to this last year. I moved cross country, got some medical things done, had several "life events", traveled a lot, and basically fell off the bandwagon. I did get a regular gym membership which lasted about three months on a recumbent bike with crushing boredom and no interaction with all the other folks wired into headphones looking straight ahead at tv's. I get that that model works for a bunch of folks and in no way do I criticize it for those it works for. My membership in that is up in the next month or two, I don't even know when, that's how engaged with it I am.

The good news is that my back problems have been resolved and I have range of motion available for the first time in a dozen years, albet with no strength. I just spent the last month detoxing from the heavy opioids I've been on for the last several years to function at all, and while a miserable experience, it's over. I'm weak as a kitten, have put on some fat this last year, (at least I know how to get rid of it), but mostly I really don't know how to do functional excersize beyond reading books, and I don't have a place that I feel like I can get what I want.

I think I'm going to try something new. I want training, variety, coaching/supervision, and engagement with other people who have similar goals. I think I may sip from the Crossfit koolaid cup, and see what the "cult" is all about. I only have to commit a month at a time if that's what I want, which is good because it's hella expensive, but I know what I'm doing now (nothing) for a smaller monthly fee is expensive in another way.

Comments? Warnings? Experience?

I'm going to go check out several "boxes", gyms, this afternoon to get a hands on feel for what the different locations seem to feel like.

This could be very good or very stupid, if you have an opinion, please share it.

It's not stupid at all, but I would strongly caution you to build up your strength before doing Crossfit. It's crazy mad for even very fit people. While I'm sure they could adapt some of the movements, I would approach it with caution.

Pull up some Crossfit routines online and do as much as you can at home. If you do that for a few workouts and feel confident and strong enough to move to a box and don't mind someone hollering at you, then do so. I would never hold anyone back from bettering themselves, but I would offer that bit of caution given what you've said about your strength level at this time.

I tend to be a balls to wall kind of girl and sometimes (read: almost always) do too much too soon and it can be counterproductive because I have to wait to heal my torn and stretched muscles and tendons and can create a sense of defeat before I've really begun. Obviously, you and I are different but that's my experience and what I have to say about that.

My .02.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2015, 05:18 PM   #2767
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
It's not stupid at all, but I would strongly caution you to build up your strength before doing Crossfit. It's crazy mad for even very fit people. While I'm sure they could adapt some of the movements, I would approach it with caution.

Pull up some Crossfit routines online and do as much as you can at home. If you do that for a few workouts and feel confident and strong enough to move to a box and don't mind someone hollering at you, then do so. I would never hold anyone back from bettering themselves, but I would offer that bit of caution given what you've said about your strength level at this time.

I tend to be a balls to wall kind of girl and sometimes (read: almost always) do too much too soon and it can be counterproductive because I have to wait to heal my torn and stretched muscles and tendons and can create a sense of defeat before I've really begun. Obviously, you and I are different but that's my experience and what I have to say about that.

My .02.
I appreciate the note of caution and believe me, I'm painfully aware of my current weakness. I spent about three days immersed in reading and you tubing this. Most of what you see is kind of (prior to really looking deeper) is pretty gonzo stuff, promoting more of an end point.

When I looked into the business model I figured out that instead of signing up people in bulk and hoping they never actually show up because folks overlook low payments; they actually have a really vested interest in making sure that you a)stay motivated and keep justifying the money, b)get measurable results, and c)don't get injured (and stop coming/paying)

They have a lot of ways to scale the workouts and won't let you get going without knowing what you're doing. There are no unsupervised workouts, the coaches don't stand in the front of the room and demo, classes are limited to 15 with 2 roaming coaches to check/correct everyone all the time. The two places on my finalist list are:

Place A

Pretty close
Have a "ramp up" period for training basic techniques
You have to demonstrate 7 fundamental skills before getting out of "fundamentals" class and joining gen-pop
Then you do standard WOD while supervised at your own level
The intensity is baked in and always scales (something I like)

Place B
Much further away
Has a one month basic class 3x per week before you join gen-pop
Also offers a "masters" class (old farts like me)
Same last two things

I watched a fun 12 part YT series called Killing the Fat Man that chronicled a 40yo heavy guy getting into it over three months and then some of his 68yo dad who'd just had heart surgery too. It was interesting.

I know I'll have to start super slow, hell, I could only do half my river walk this morning and I'm wasted, but I want to learn the right way. Otherwise I'll learn it "my" way and then have to start over the right way.

I get that there has been in the last 7-9 years a move to make it a commercialized sport, more power to 'em, but that's not what I'm after. I want a workout that will be intense, adaptive, efficient, and build real-world capabilities. That it is done with minimal equipment using compound movements, resistance and interval training, and peer encouragement all looks good to me. At least until I'm the one panting on the floor. Which will be my first visit.

I have generally been a bit too gung-ho myself and know what you're talking about, I'm hoping age will bring a little humility this time!

It will probably be a couple of days until I can set up initial visits, I just got a project dumped on me, but rest assured the gory details will be here.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:57 PM   #2768
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I think we should band together and all do the same thing. Just to start and get us back into the groove of things. If recumbent bikes are it, then that's fine.

Something's better than nothing, right?

My will power ran away but if I'm held accountable, I'll be more likely to actually do something.

What do you guys think?
I think this sounds like a great plan. I could use some accountability. I've been so blah about exercising since the whole shoulder thing. I was really doing well before I got hurt.

Good news is, despite the lack of working out, I've only gained 0.6 lbs since August 31st. I'm gonna count that as a win.

So what's the plan folks? I'm pretty limited right now. Can't do anything upper body related. And running and swimming are out.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:35 PM   #2769
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
I appreciate the note of caution and believe me, I'm painfully aware of my current weakness. I spent about three days immersed in reading and you tubing this. Most of what you see is kind of (prior to really looking deeper) is pretty gonzo stuff, promoting more of an end point.

When I looked into the business model I figured out that instead of signing up people in bulk and hoping they never actually show up because folks overlook low payments; they actually have a really vested interest in making sure that you a)stay motivated and keep justifying the money, b)get measurable results, and c)don't get injured (and stop coming/paying)

They have a lot of ways to scale the workouts and won't let you get going without knowing what you're doing. There are no unsupervised workouts, the coaches don't stand in the front of the room and demo, classes are limited to 15 with 2 roaming coaches to check/correct everyone all the time. The two places on my finalist list are:

Place A

Pretty close
Have a "ramp up" period for training basic techniques
You have to demonstrate 7 fundamental skills before getting out of "fundamentals" class and joining gen-pop
Then you do standard WOD while supervised at your own level
The intensity is baked in and always scales (something I like)

Place B
Much further away
Has a one month basic class 3x per week before you join gen-pop
Also offers a "masters" class (old farts like me)
Same last two things

I watched a fun 12 part YT series called Killing the Fat Man that chronicled a 40yo heavy guy getting into it over three months and then some of his 68yo dad who'd just had heart surgery too. It was interesting.

I know I'll have to start super slow, hell, I could only do half my river walk this morning and I'm wasted, but I want to learn the right way. Otherwise I'll learn it "my" way and then have to start over the right way.

I get that there has been in the last 7-9 years a move to make it a commercialized sport, more power to 'em, but that's not what I'm after. I want a workout that will be intense, adaptive, efficient, and build real-world capabilities. That it is done with minimal equipment using compound movements, resistance and interval training, and peer encouragement all looks good to me. At least until I'm the one panting on the floor. Which will be my first visit.

I have generally been a bit too gung-ho myself and know what you're talking about, I'm hoping age will bring a little humility this time!

It will probably be a couple of days until I can set up initial visits, I just got a project dumped on me, but rest assured the gory details will be here.

I figured you did some research but it sounds like you've really put some thought into it.

I'd go for Place A because I'm too lazy to go a long way. I wound up bailing on the new gym because of the distance.

Because this is really about me.

Quote:
I think this sounds like a great plan. I could use some accountability. I've been so blah about exercising since the whole shoulder thing. I was really doing well before I got hurt.

Good news is, despite the lack of working out, I've only gained 0.6 lbs since August 31st. I'm gonna count that as a win.

So what's the plan folks? I'm pretty limited right now. Can't do anything upper body related. And running and swimming are out.

So you can walk and use the recumbent bike. Can you use the elliptical (without using the hand rails)?

You can also do strength training, without weights, like squats and lunges.

I imagine that stuff that would shock the body as a whole is out of the question, like jumps and using a mini trampoline.

What about balancing? Do you have access to a Bosu ball or half noodles?

You can use resistance bands around your knees and thighs and ankles. How about one-legged kicks?

I'm just trying to get a better idea of what would work for you.

In other news, I was having chest constriction and pain a few days ago as well as weird cardiac rhythms. I finally figured out what was doing it. I combined holistic and OTC measures and apparently either the combination of them or the addition of Sambucol did it. Sambucol is primarily black elderberry. Once I stopped taking that, my cardiac issues and discomfort in my chest dissipated. I checked and cardiac issues aren't listed as usual side effects but my body has always been weird so no more of that for me.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2015, 02:45 PM   #2770
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:

So you can walk and use the recumbent bike. Can you use the elliptical (without using the hand rails)?

You can also do strength training, without weights, like squats and lunges.

I imagine that stuff that would shock the body as a whole is out of the question, like jumps and using a mini trampoline.

What about balancing? Do you have access to a Bosu ball or half noodles?

You can use resistance bands around your knees and thighs and ankles. How about one-legged kicks?

I'm just trying to get a better idea of what would work for you.
Like you said, no shocks to the body. Elliptical, no arms, would work. And lower body works, squats, lunges, etc.

Balancing could work, same with the resistance bands. Not sure all what the gym I go to has available. I don't have any in-house, but maybe my gym has stuff or I could go buy a few things.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:46 PM   #2771
Keep Smilin

How Do You Identify?:
Fabulously happy Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Content with myself :-)

Keep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST ReputationKeep Smilin Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Thank you to everyone who posts in this thread. Exercise and eating well, living healthy are tough... I am always humbled by the absolute honesty of everyone here... It makes it so much easier to get out there and "Just Do It" when you know you aren't alone in the struggles...

So, thank you for sharing your ups and downs - your real life experiences with the rest of us!!

Keep putting one foot in front of the other everybody!!

Any movement is better than sittin still- so go get'em!! ��

Life is too short to live unhappy. Seek peace, joy and love for you will recieve that which you seek.
-Anonymous
Keep Smilin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Keep Smilin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2015, 07:17 PM   #2772
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Went to the gym today. I was kinda tired so it was a hard start but I felt better afterwards. I did 45 minutes on the stair master (intervals, levels 2&6), followed by 15 minutes of abs, weight lifting, and stretching. The weight lifting really wakes me up which feels good!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2015, 07:36 PM   #2773
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Quote:

My .02.
Yes I'm quoting this post AGAIN, because when the Gemme is right, she's right.

The last couple of days I've been playing catch up on yard work since I was out of it for basically a month. I have lawn guy, but the flower beds and gardens kinda went to hell.

Stuff grows fast here. So the last two days were weeding and that was a lesson in how weak I really got. It amounts to a bunch of air squats and whatever I'm doing to get the jurassic, two foot tall hummers out is really working my upper back and lats. It's good, because it's just sore muscles and there's plenty more to go around, but I am in no way ready for lessons yet. I'd just hurt myself. So, there are very good instructional videos for the basic crossfit moves and I will be practicing them in the yard for the next week or so first, even if I have to re-learn things later.

<< Apparently likes the taste of crow for dinner.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:10 AM   #2774
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Vegas has been a lot of eating and drinking. No gym time. But all the walking and laughing has made up for it, I think. I am, in some ways, looking forward to getting home Monday and starting my routine back up on Tuesday.
Old 10-04-2015, 08:42 AM   #2775
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Like you said, no shocks to the body. Elliptical, no arms, would work. And lower body works, squats, lunges, etc.

Balancing could work, same with the resistance bands. Not sure all what the gym I go to has available. I don't have any in-house, but maybe my gym has stuff or I could go buy a few things.
I got a bunch of stuff on the cheap from Wally World. Resistance bands, videos, balance balls, yoga stuff, etc. I even found a strap specifically designed to help with stretching. It's got loops for toes and fingers, etc. Kinda nifty.

I had to go online to get the half noodle that my PT had me use during my sessions with her and I haven't used it nearly as much as I probably should but it's an EXCELLENT core and balance exercise with little impact (only what happens when you fall over from losing your balance....ha!).

Quote:
Yes I'm quoting this post AGAIN, because when the Gemme is right, she's right.

The last couple of days I've been playing catch up on yard work since I was out of it for basically a month. I have lawn guy, but the flower beds and gardens kinda went to hell.

Stuff grows fast here. So the last two days were weeding and that was a lesson in how weak I really got. It amounts to a bunch of air squats and whatever I'm doing to get the jurassic, two foot tall hummers out is really working my upper back and lats. It's good, because it's just sore muscles and there's plenty more to go around, but I am in no way ready for lessons yet. I'd just hurt myself. So, there are very good instructional videos for the basic crossfit moves and I will be practicing them in the yard for the next week or so first, even if I have to re-learn things later.

<< Apparently likes the taste of crow for dinner.
No crow. I've just been there. Several times.

I've been away from the routine for a while and now I'm going to have to start building myself back up too now.

*grimace*

Learn from my mistakes, grasshoppah.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2015, 05:12 PM   #2776
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I decided not to go to the gym but the subway door stayed open extra long at the gym stop on my way home from work so I took that as my cue that I should go to the gym and jumped out and went to the gym. It ended up being a good decision. The work out felt great. 45 min stair master intervals (level 2, level 6) and then 45 min weight lifting, leg weights, abs, and yoga. Now I feel at peace in my body.

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #2777
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Today: 30 min. stair master (Interval program, Levels 3 and 7) & 30 min. floor exercises (weight lifting, leg weights, abs, yoga). 1 hour leisurely walk outside.

How do I... ?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2015, 07:42 PM   #2778
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

lifted lots of 2x4s, 4x4s and a few 4x6s

strained so hard picking up one 4x6, I let one ... (breaking into a fit of giggles)
had to look around to see if anyone heard it

*laughing at myself*
I was safe, no one heard.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2015, 08:33 PM   #2779
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

I hate to admit it, but I've been checking in at the hive mind for an hour a day or more on the trusty recumbent bike for the last week. I have to get my wind back and this is the most efficient way. I'm 3 levels lower than I was before for the same output, hopefully it will come back quickly.

Still on short river walks too.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2015, 01:57 PM   #2780
~SweetCheeks~

How Do You Identify?:
femme-babygirl-brat
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Justin's babygirl

Thanked 3,254 Times in 646 Posts
~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation~SweetCheeks~ Has the BEST Reputation

I Found a zumba class close to my house actually in walking distance and I never knew it was there. I am going to go by tonight I hope and see what its all about. Trying different things to get through this stall.
~SweetCheeks~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~SweetCheeks~ For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights