Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-12-2015, 03:33 PM   #2781
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Hi, exercisers. I did a two hour leisurely walk in the park, with some stair climbing thrown in. Fall is nice.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2015, 04:17 PM   #2782
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Fall is nice.
I agree; fall is nice.

I walked outside at lunch a little, hoping it would wake me up. It did not.

I had PT after work. Getting closer to surgery date. Only 9 more days.

At PT they did a lot of pre-surgery measurements. Found out my grip strength is 15 lbs less in my bad arm right now.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #2783
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SweetCheeks~ View Post
I Found a zumba class close to my house actually in walking distance and I never knew it was there. I am going to go by tonight I hope and see what its all about. Trying different things to get through this stall.
I love zumba! You'll have so much fun and it's quite forgiving if you don't have the exact movements down. The focus is on movement in general and having fun to a good beat.

Can't beat that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2015, 09:47 PM   #2784
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Did end of season yard detail all day ... weeded the shrubbery beds - added fertilizer, topsoil and peat moss. Mowed the grass low. Used Mr. Toro Blower to make some of the messes I made disappear.

It looks great!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2015, 07:03 AM   #2785
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Today I started back just a hair shy of one month since the last time I worked out. I got sick and then sicker and then I got good and lazy. It's time to shake that. I kept things slow and light but it feels good to get back into the groove of things.

E18, random program, level 2
174 cal, 1.25 mi, 20:00 min

B3, manual program, level 2
66 cal, 2.03 mi, 15:00 min

I did some light ab work and then stretched.

I decided to check into downgrading my membership and they told me I'd have to pay a $49 start up fee. Um, no. I paid a start up fee when I started up. That's kind of the purpose of the whole thing.

The payment comes out now so I have a month to figure out what I'm going to do and/or dig up my contract and go over it with a fine tooth comb. Either I will become the squeaky wheel until I get my way or I will cancel the contract outright. My delving into other gyms in the area last month has given me options and there's still the place I can walk to that I was going to use during the bad snow months anyway. I found another one that's not too far away that I can look into also.

I'm looking at getting a pet and, if I wind up with a dog, I'll get more time out and about with walks, park outings and general movement.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2015, 07:40 AM   #2786
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm still doing my 60-90 mins a day at target heart rate on general principle.

The last 4 days have been tough for other reasons though. We are having more forest fire issues and this time of year the wind patterns are such that all the smoke from this one is landing smack on top of us. Result? Red and even a couple of purple day air alerts. The caution is to stay indoors and even though the gym is, it's still bad enough that after about 20 mins I can feel the eyes burning and start coughing. It's supposed to start getting better by Sunday.

I'm still doing short outdoor river walks because I need it for mental health.

Other than that, since I know that for me 80% of my health progress or not happens in the kitchen, I'm getting back into fine tuning what goes in my mouth. The last 6 months were a roller coaster and I kind of went off the rails. One week in I can feel several positive changes, so I'm happy with that.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #2787
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

E21, random program, level 3
225 cal, 1.80 mi, 25:00 min

B6, manual program, level 3
67 cal, 1.94 mi, 15:00 min

I did the teeniest bit of ab work....less than one minute, I think, and then I stretched.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2015, 07:32 PM   #2788
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Last night it rained so we are finally getting clear of smoke. Still doing the recumbent, I hang in there for just over an hour until it says I've hit 400cal.

I've bumped my target HR 5% so it doesn't take quite as long. I'm using my trusty chest strap synced to it, so I believe my numbers are at least consistent.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2015, 08:20 PM   #2789
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

cut 2x4's -16 of them
sanded 16 2x4's
painted 16 2x4's (dark teal semi-gloss, outdoor kind)
painted all again

I am getting excited about this new little grill cart - I bought casters for it the other day. It will be totally waterproof when completed.I will put plywood panels all around the back and sides. Then a large roof that will more than cover me while I cook. Thinking about putting a 4-barrel carb on it ... what do you think? LOL! (only joking)

my shoulders and upper arms are somewhat sore - be fine in the morning
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2015, 09:28 PM   #2790
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Right Kelt, by all means, cannot forget the headers!
*grinning at you*
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2015, 09:08 AM   #2791
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

My morning workout:

E21, random program, level 3
221 cal, 1.64 mi, 25:00 min

B4, manual program, level 3
65 cal, 1.79 mi, 15:00 min

I did a little bit of ab work and stretched for about 8-10 minutes.

It was super hot at first and I was really annoyed but my annoyance was not only with the temperature but with them trying to squeeze me for more money because I want to downgrade my membership.

Next workout, I'm going to the place nearby. I get two free passes so I'll use them and if the place is decent, I'll switch to that gym.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:33 PM   #2792
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

It was to nice a day not to give it a try to do something, so I went out to just shoot some hoops as I have already gone bat shit nuts from not being able to do much cause of my sorry knee. It went pretty well as long as I kept it easy play even my fur kids were glad to be out with me so they could chase basket balls as run and play. They have plenty of time out to play but wont do much if I'm not outside too being its always this way all they do is go out to potty then come ion and hang around my feet not being to far from me. There were a few times I thought was gonna bust my ass losing my balanced but I didn't. I'm glad we got to sweat a bit and have some fun, will do it again tomorrow.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2015, 06:00 PM   #2793
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

I was told to relax this week. And reminded several times, by several people. Apparently I don't know the meaning of taking it easy...

Surgery day is tomorrow. Bright and early (7 AM).

I'll try to check in after. If not tomorrow, Thursday for sure.

Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 10-20-2015, 07:44 PM   #2794
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Still on it. Holding on to target gain and pushing it a bit more.

An hour at level 8 + river walk.

Combined with my "clean up my act in the kitchen and track the sh*t out of everything" plan is working well and producing the desired results.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2015, 07:53 PM   #2795
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Hang in there, randrum, and good luck!

I canceled my PF membership and signed up at a new gym that I forgot was there until after I visited with a pup at the animal shelter and passed by it on the way home.

Wet and dry sauna, weights, classes, cardio, juice bar, training and a semi-private room for miscellaneous personal training for $5 a month more than what I'm paying now. Well, the training is not included, but it's far cheaper than any of the other gyms I visited. And....here's the best part....it was cold in there. COLD!!! And they promised it's always like that. I may have found Heaven on Earth.

I spent an hour talking to the guy at the front desk and the head trainer, who adopted a pup and kitty not too long ago. They are adorable. I had to show him the picture of the pup I visited with today. He's a great kid, but damn he's high energy. No wonder he picked a Chi.

I have my consultation with him on Thursday.

Hopefully, I will survive intact.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:50 PM   #2796
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Hey all.

I'm home and okay. The surgery went off without a hitch. The procedure itself only took a little over an hour. I spent longer in recovery.

I have a blocker in place right now, so no pain. Tomorrow, when it wears off, will probably be a different story.

Only passive exercises until I have a follow-up appointment next week.

Anyway, that's the update.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:36 PM   #2797
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by randrum View Post
Hey all.

I'm home and okay. The surgery went off without a hitch. The procedure itself only took a little over an hour. I spent longer in recovery.

I have a blocker in place right now, so no pain. Tomorrow, when it wears off, will probably be a different story.

Only passive exercises until I have a follow-up appointment next week.

Anyway, that's the update.
Congrats and I hope recovery is speedy.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:30 PM   #2798
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I had my consultation with the new gym today. The head trainer reminds me of Jerry O'Connell. On crack. And maybe speed.

He had me working on the weight machines for half an hour after our consultation and I finished with 20 minutes of cardio followed by some stretching.

For the cardio, I rowed for the upper body and did the recumbent bike for the lower body.

The new gym has rowers, which I love, and the leg press that you lay down to use, which I prefer and it was still comfortable temperature-wise. The only things that irk me is that not as many people wipe down the machines once they are done with them and there's no consequence for annoying sounds. Some guy was dropping his deadlift weights over and over right next to me while we were training. You'd think they'd have some sort of consideration for others, but noooooo.....

Hrmph.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 10-23-2015, 08:22 PM   #2799
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Sore muscles.

*grimace*

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2015, 10:08 AM   #2800
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status: