Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > New Jersey Forums

Old 03-22-2014, 06:37 AM   #1
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation
Default Butch Event March 29th

http://www.pridecenter.org/butch/

I will be leading the discussion on Old School Butch: The Ways, Manners and Culture

Hope to see you there!
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2014, 08:25 AM   #2
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestButchBoy View Post
http://www.pridecenter.org/butch/

I will be leading the discussion on Old School Butch: The Ways, Manners and Culture

Hope to see you there!
Wow. This looks fantastic. I SO would have gone to this, but I am away at a transgender conference. I could maybe come back early....

The "breakout sessions" are described as "discussion groups". Does this mean the topic will come up and people will discuss, or will there be a lecture/presentation at the beginning? For example, with what you are leading...Are you speaking on the subject first...talking about the history/culture, or are you just raising the topic and then discussion immediately ensues?

I am going to post this over in the events forum with a link to this thread. This is worth traveling for!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2014, 09:57 AM   #3
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

I'm going to talk a bit briefly, set a scenario perhaps and then open a discussion.

If you go, please introduce yourself to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Default BUMPING...

Hope some of you are attending!?
Old 03-26-2014, 04:08 PM   #5
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hope some of you are attending!?
Wish I was, but there is no way. Good luck to you!

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2014, 07:18 AM   #6
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Hope to see you here today. If you do attend, by all means, please introduce yourself to me.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:37 AM   #7
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

I had a positive and great experience at the Pride Center of NJ located in Highland Park, NJ. They are doing some cool work and hosting interesting events.

The participants yesterday were a great mix of ages, butches, trans, femmes and their supporters.

Kudos to everyone who put this event together at this center.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2014, 11:38 AM   #8
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
I had a positive and great experience at the Pride Center of NJ located in Highland Park, NJ. They are doing some cool work and hosting interesting events.

The participants yesterday were a great mix of ages, butches, trans, femmes and their supporters.

Kudos to everyone who put this event together at this center.
Great! Any talk of doing it again? Thoughts on how "butch discussions" may have been different if non-masculine identifying people weren't present?

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2014, 07:43 AM   #9
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Great! Any talk of doing it again?
Best bet would be to contact this organization directly as I am not a member there, nor am I privy to their plans.
The Following User Says Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post: