Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-04-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation
Default Vacation Ideas

Are you curious about vacationing somewhere? Looking for a specific vacation experience? Have you just discovered a wonderful place and would like to share? Ask, share, in this thread for everyone.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Bay Fest - Sarnia

Next year all of you should go to this. You cannot all sleep on my floor, cuz Nick will be mad at me. But if I like you enough I will be willing to take that particular bullet from Nick.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #3
TenderKnight

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Poly Transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

TenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST ReputationTenderKnight Has the BEST Reputation

Reposted from the other vacation thread

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to offer a suggestion, Asheville, NC.. Very artsy and gay friendly, BEAUTIFUL location, national parks, Biltmore Estates, wine tasting, hiking, horse back riding.. Not too hot in summer, see the colors in the fall, ski in the winter and watch the mountains bloom in spring.. There are also lots of art stores, a mall, and lots of coffee shops.

I hope to be moving there in the next year or so. I know of a couple of gay friendly or owned B&B's around there too.

Hope that helps

-Tony
Old 07-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #4
MsMerrick

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Feminist Femme....
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single and Singular....

MsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST ReputationMsMerrick Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderKnight View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to offer a suggestion, Asheville, NC.. Very artsy and gay friendly, BEAUTIFUL location, national parks, Biltmore Estates, wine tasting, hiking, horse back riding.. Not too hot in summer, see the colors in the fall, ski in the winter and watch the mountains bloom in spring.. There are also lots of art stores, a mall, and lots of coffee shops.

I hope to be moving there in the next year or so. I know of a couple of gay friendly or owned B&B's around there too.

Hope that helps

-Tony
And the Biltmore Estate, is incredible Very queer town, really good place to visit..or live !
MsMerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsMerrick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

My favorite place to take in a little vacation is in the Cascade Mountain range in Oregon...

Breitenbush Hot Springs - Retreat & Conference Center

http://www.breitenbush.com/

Natural hot springs

The river

<~~ they have cabins, in case you would rather not camp by tent

The Lodge - they serve vegan/vegetarian fare for meals
(scrumptious and nutritious!)
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #6
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenderKnight View Post

Hope that helps

-Tony

Well... I saw this thread title and was coming in to post, but someone seems to have beat me to it...

(Yes, I live in Asheville...LOL)
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixielady View Post
Well... I saw this thread title and was coming in to post, but someone seems to have beat me to it...

(Yes, I live in Asheville...LOL)
How about naming the top three things to do, when visiting Asheville?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #8
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
How about naming the top three things to do, when visiting Asheville?

As others have said, the Biltmore House is a must see. The home and grounds are unbelievable, especially when the gardens are in bloom or during the holiday season.

If you are visiting during the summer months, there are many parks and outdoor attractions in the area. Lots of rafting and tubing to enjoy, camping and hiking, or just grilling out at a park on the river...

Wandering downtown is a definite must do. There are so many different shops, cafes, galleries, a fine arts theatre, small museums, nightlife, etc. If you enjoy music The Orange Peel is fabulous, plus there are always street musicians and performers.

There's so much culture in this area, it seems as though there is always something going on, something to do.... It's also a very diverse, "accepting" area. It's the kind of place where all types of folks can stroll the sidewalks and "blend" together in harmony, no matter their sexual orientation, religion, color, creed, etc... It's one of my favorite things about this city. Such a wonderful atmosphere and such wonderful people...
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-23-2018, 10:37 AM   #9
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Colmar france

This beautiful town has been owned by the French & Germans at different points in time.
Now its back in French hands, but you can still see the German influences.
Hopefully going there next year.
Google it, you wont be disappointed
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2019, 08:45 PM   #10
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Priest Lake (Idaho)

Priest Lake is in the northern pan-handle of Idaho and it's gorgeous there, during the late summer months or early part of September. I only remember being there, when I was a young girl, but I plan to visit that area in the near future. I remember the fragrant air of the lake and the Ponderosa pines. So very pretty there, it really is.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2019, 06:21 AM   #11
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Provincetown Massachusetts

I've only been here once, but it was one wild ride!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2019, 03:10 PM   #12
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,364 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

Provincetown Massachusetts

I've only been here once, but it was one wild ride!
yes H, but wasn't it fun?..i have fond memories
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2019, 05:28 PM   #13
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,266 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I first went to Provincetown with my mother in 1955. She was a painter. It was an artists/writers/theatre colony then. The Gay artists and the Portuguese fishermen got along very well.
I've gone back many times since but it's never been as cool as it was then. I stopped going about 20 years ago when Commercial became a zoo of baby strollers and there were no alleys left where you could have a quick drink without being told to "move along, this is Private Property".