Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Oregon Forums

Old 08-13-2017, 07:43 PM   #1
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Portlandbound

So I just booked my flight to Portland for 8 days next month and am looking for ideas for some things to do and places to go that are off the tourist track. I don't drink so anything alcohol related is out. I love doing anything outdoors and am bringing hiking shoes so trail recommendations would be great. Not sure how many folks here are familiar with Portland but all ideas are appreciated.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2017, 07:58 PM   #2
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
So I just booked my flight to Portland for 8 days next month and am looking for ideas for some things to do and places to go that are off the tourist track. I don't drink so anything alcohol related is out. I love doing anything outdoors and am bringing hiking shoes so trail recommendations would be great. Not sure how many folks here are familiar with Portland but all ideas are appreciated.
If you check the "if you're ever here GO there" thread, you'll find a few suggestions that have been posted recently in fact!

Have a fun trip!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2017, 08:30 PM   #3
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
TF??? Start on Page 9 of the "If You're Ever Here, Go There" thread by Candlion. ...... there's lots of things to do or go see.
I'll send you a private mssg, too!

LINK:

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...?t=7526&page=9

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-13-2017, 09:24 PM   #4
hopelessromantic69

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
all male
Relationship Status:
Single but unavailable

hopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputationhopelessromantic69 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Voodoo donuts is a must!! Japanese garden/rose garden is beautiful. You should check out the gorge. The OMSI is fun if you are into science. Here is their website: https://g.co/kgs/M3sknS
If you like hiking, check out Opal Creek. The old mine entrances are pretty cool.
Their website: http://www.opalcreek.org/hiking/trails/

I live 2 hours south in Eugene. I mainly do photography in the gorge when I'm up there. I hope I gave you some useful info on some places to go 😃
Old 08-13-2017, 10:20 PM   #5
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I highly recommend spending some time at Powel's City of Books! It's located in downtown Portland and is basically an entire city block bookstore with the most amazing things!

If you are into shopping at all, Sockdreams and Fluevog both have stores there but there are also a ton of vintage market all of the place!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2017, 01:43 AM   #6
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I'm in Portland now, and knowing how we both eat, check out the recent article "19 essential Vegetarian and Vegan restaurants in Portland." My step-son (Jacob's) good friend Cyrus recently also opened Ichiza Kitchen "Vegan Small Plates, Noodle Bowls, and Tea House." We ate there and loved it. It is all vegan and Cyrus is from Guam and cooks very special dishes. If you go, mention you know us . It is attached by a door to Vtopia, another vegan restaurant, also fun, more into vegan cheese and sandwiches.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2017, 04:12 PM   #7
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Here's a link to PDX Pipeline September Calender of Events, tantalizingfemme. Lots of good things to check out, plus if you subscribe to their calender of events, there's a strong possibility that you could win free tickets to events in September! I hope you have a great time while you're on vacation....

https://www.pdxpipeline.com/events/p...tember-events/

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2017, 04:38 PM   #8
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

i just remember Hawthorne Street and how fun it was, and the Buffalo Exchange...

and Voodoo Donuts... "The Magic is in the hole "
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2017, 04:40 PM   #9
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
i just remember Hawthorne Street and how fun it was, and the Buffalo Exchange...

and Voodoo Donuts... "The Magic is in the hole "
Yes loved Hawthorne! Great thrifting!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2017, 04:45 AM   #10
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,011 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for all of the suggestions and information! I'm looking forward to delving into the thread Homoe and Katzchen mentioned, when I get home tonight! All of the places everyone mentioned will go on my list of must sees.

Is there enough to do in Portland to fill 8 days (not that I am looking to overbook myself) only because I am trying to figure out if I should rent a car or not. I am staying at an air bnb one block south of Hawthorne Blvd.(Not sure where that lies in reference to all the places everyone mentioned) I know I really want to get some hiking in and have read about beautiful areas, just not sure if I need to drive myself there or if public transportation can get me there.

Again, thanks for everything.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-16-2017, 10:27 AM   #11
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thanks for all of the suggestions and information! I'm looking forward to delving into the thread Homoe and Katzchen mentioned, when I get home tonight! All of the places everyone mentioned will go on my list of must sees.

Is there enough to do in Portland to fill 8 days (not that I am looking to overbook myself) only because I am trying to figure out if I should rent a car or not. I am staying at an air bnb one block south of Hawthorne Blvd.(Not sure where that lies in reference to all the places everyone mentioned) I know I really want to get some hiking in and have read about beautiful areas, just not sure if I need to drive myself there or if public transportation can get me there.

Again, thanks for everything.
I suppose if you run out of things to do in Portland you could always take a road trip down to Seattle........tons of stuff to do down there!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: