Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > THE BUTCHFEMMEPLANET PLANET > United States Forums > Hawaii Forums

Old 04-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #21
Lazy Daze

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,807 Times in 745 Posts
Lazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST ReputationLazy Daze Has the BEST Reputation

I highly recommend taking a day and going to the Polynesian Cultural Center! Most hotels offer a free or very cheap shuttle to there and back. A day pass includes all the shows, a luau, and an after dinner show. Was awesome and educational! I also loved visiting pearl harbor, but I am a big history buff. And the dinner/luau and show at the "Pink Palace" by far is the best one in the Waikiki area! ( a little expensive but so worth it!) Have a great time!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #22
Softly

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
Married

Softly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST ReputationSoftly Has the BEST Reputation

YAY!!! that's exciting! I lived on the base on Honolulu (Hickam AFB) until I was 13. I miss it so much!

I can't give any tips or anything on cool places since I was so young. I do remember diamond head, and pearl harbor. Also, every year for field trips we'd go to the DOLE factory and it smelled FANTASTIC. Love the flea markets too!

Now I am going to go check out Hawaii deals and try and book me a trip!

Softly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Softly For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2012, 09:40 PM   #23
Peach

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
happily married

Peach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST Reputation

we got back a couple of weeks ago, it was heaven on earth! If we could move there tomorrow, we would. We stayed in Waikiki, the hotel was right ON the beach, and was lovely. We swam with dolphins, and sting rays at SeaLife park, snorkelled at Hanauma Bay. We toured around town, Iolani Palace, Kimg Kamehaha, Punch Bowl, and Pearl Harbor. Got in loads of beach time, learned to make leis, did a sunset dinner cruise. I loved every second of it.
the shock of coming home and dealing with mom moms death less than a week later has knocked me flat, and they while trip feels like a dream right now.
Day by day, its the only way.

Aloha.
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Peach For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2012, 03:59 AM   #24
blackboot

How Do You Identify?:
TransgenderMasculineQueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
H with a y
Relationship Status:
fluxing the solder.

1 Highscore

blackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputationblackboot Has the BEST Reputation
Default Spreading the ALOHA

Just an FYI to Community Members planning a visit to Oahu. The Polynesian Cultural Center is owned and operated by the Mormon Church(LDS)who have historically financed opposition to LGBTQ Rights. Currently Marriage Equality. Everyone is entitled to spend their money as they please, but they don't get any of mine.
blackboot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blackboot For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #25
Peach

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Relationship Status:
happily married

Peach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST ReputationPeach Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboot View Post
Just an FYI to Community Members planning a visit to Oahu. The Polynesian Cultural Center is owned and operated by the Mormon Church(LDS)who have historically financed opposition to LGBTQ Rights. Currently Marriage Equality. Everyone is entitled to spend their money as they please, but they don't get any of mine.
that makes me glad we chose not to go there!
Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Peach For This Useful Post: