katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation
Default Watercolor Demos

This thread is devoted to posting your favorite watercolor painting demos.
The first demo here is Part 1 of 4. The site will guide you to the other three parts.

Happy painting!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79448WD_hMM&feature=related"]YouTube - A_Country_Lane_Part_1_of_4.wmv[/nomedia]
Old 12-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

Learning how to paint nice and loose!!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQUP1psvolk&feature=related"]YouTube - Tunstall village, Suffolk ~ watercolor demonstration[/nomedia]

All the artists shown here at members of www.wetcanvas.com my other favorite place!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:01 AM   #3
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Portraits!

I admit to loving to paint portraits with watercolors!

This video is very instruction; learning about brushes and what kind to buy and what they are capable of doing. Also discusses buying watercolor kits to be carried everywhere!!! Enjoy!!!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPvHp9ca7xw&feature=fvw"]YouTube - How to Paint a Portrait in watercolor Preview[/nomedia]
Old 12-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #4
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Portraits again:

These are done with a uniue method which I love! Markers and colored pencils!!! I dream of having a set of colored pencils like this one day; well exactly like this Derwents!!! Enjoy!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr3eS6a8L3k&NR=1"]YouTube - How to Paint Portraits with Color Pencil and Marker Preview[/nomedia]
Old 12-08-2010, 05:55 AM   #5
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Wet Canvas Gallery of Favorites for 2009

Enjoy this site and page! A few are medicore, one or two are bad but the rest is worth a peek!!!

http://wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=599826
Old 12-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #6
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
These are done with a uniue method which I love! Markers and colored pencils!!! I dream of having a set of colored pencils like this one day; well exactly like this Derwents!!! Enjoy!

YouTube - How to Paint Portraits with Color Pencil and Marker Preview
i love this stuff...... LOL
I have a set of water color pencils.... and color pencils
derwents and prismscolor ...
the water color pencils are awsome. and soo soo less messy in the truck....

i would love to try this ....

http://www.panpastel.com/

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Awesome!!!! Did you get a chance to watch the videos? I thought one of the artist was so funny when talking about being a brush snob. I can relate when talking about my Winsor-Newton brushes and paints. Prisma colored pencils are awesome. The watercolor pencils not so much.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #8
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by katsarecool View Post
Awesome!!!! Did you get a chance to watch the videos? I thought one of the artist was so funny when talking about being a brush snob. I can relate when talking about my Winsor-Newton brushes and paints. Prisma colored pencils are awesome. The watercolor pencils not so much.
yes..... lol
i like getting my own art supplies..... cuz i know what i like and looking for..

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to morningstar55 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #9
katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Check out the free reference Library at Wet Canvas.com Hundreds of thousands of photos submitted by the members there and all are free to use in our artwork!!! Can't get a better deal that free!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #10
Samurai Wanderer

How Do You Identify?:
It's cool!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Cooky
Relationship Status:
In love

Samurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST ReputationSamurai Wanderer Has the BEST Reputation
Default A favourite quote

Her watercolours are magical and I strive to keep this in mind when colouring...

“It takes a certain degree of courage to render shadows as dark as they really appear and to keep light passages in a picture bright enough to paint something you know to be white as almost black.”
― Lucy Willis
Samurai Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samurai Wanderer For This Useful Post: