Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Art

Old 12-07-2009, 03:19 AM   #41
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:
Very PROUD BUTCH LESBIAN!

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
[CENTER]Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life.

YouTube- M-elissa & A-de * C-ontemporary #2
Geez, I didn't want to respond to all of these... but, I just can't help myself!

This, of course... is a Tori Amos song. (What I heard/watched my neice dance to - and I like Tori because [to ME] she was the "new" Kate Bush.)

Anyway, this video actually reminds me of my sister and myself as children. She was/IS a wonderful dancer, and would "make me" do the "male" part of any dance. lol...

How much fun we had. I wouldn't trade my memories in for NOTHING!!

*WC
WILDCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #42
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

Now, do you believe in rock 'n roll?
Can music save your mortal soul?
And can you teach me how to dance real slow?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAsV5-Hv-7U"]YouTube- Don McLean- American Pie (with Lyrics)[/ame]

I went down to the sacred store
Where I'd heard the music years before
But the man there said the music wouldn't play.
And in the streets the children screamed,
The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed,
But not a word was spoken.
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #43
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N6W4CJFWm4"]YouTube- Roisin Murphy - Ramalama Bang Bang[/ame]
Old 12-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #44
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation
It was great in person too. My honey is a fan of the show "So You Think You Can Dance". They were going to be touring in our area, so I got her tickets. She was psyched. I honestly didn't want to go, but I did (for her). In any case, that performance was great and happened to be my favorite part of the show. Very powerful piece.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDCAT View Post
Snowy, that "Gravity" piece was HOT.

I meant to mention dancing and choreography too.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

WILD
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 05:39 PM   #45
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

WILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST ReputationWILDCAT Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
“Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.”

I love this quote Snow and REALLY can identify with it. I was alone, alone, alone as a kid - except for when I listened to music. I was COMFORTABLE then and comforted by my musical haven...

This is my favorite early Jackson Five's song:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej1DCv2JED0"]YouTube- Got to be there- Jackson five[/ame]

We were all trying to hit that one dang high note in this - without going falsetto!! SMILE... and I was such a little queer, dreaming of "her" already then!

I grew up on Motown, and my oldest sister just left the radio on all night (even school nights), with the Casey show... She had an 8TRACK portable player (our early BOOM BOX!), and the tape (not called cassettes yet, those were the SMALL tapes yet to come) "The Best of the Supremes". While I was cutting out the little 45 records off the back of cereal boxes - where I got the very young Stevie Wonder's "Uptight, (Everything's Alright)", and The Temptations "My Girl", which absolutely MELTED my heart. That Detroit sound... and the beat is unmistakable.

And I started building those drumsets!

*And I'm still very sad about losing Michael.
The Following User Says Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 06:41 PM   #46
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZRib_aAQFQ"]YouTube- Tears For Fears - Mad World[/nomedia]
The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 07:42 PM   #47
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
WHAT ALL FEMALE band is considered to be the FIRST really true mainstream "hard rock" band?
Girlschool!!!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i69l6xEjBnQ"]YouTube- JOHNNY TERRIS: GIRLSCHOOL GUITARIST KELLY JOHNSON TRIBUTE RIP[/ame]
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #48
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I've been listening to a lot of Angie Aparo lately

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbYMp8VgNc0"]YouTube- Angie Aparo - "Rocket Man" - Live at Room 5 Lounge[/ame]
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #49
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz3DROS00k4&feature=PlayList&p=3BF138E8715 6E43B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=65"]YouTube- Memoirs of a Geisha- Snow Dance[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #50
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Here's what I'm listening to right now. Maybe this will catch my cat's attention from trying to climb the friggon Xmas tree....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JWzGlkzpjA"]YouTube- Christmas Jingle Cats[/ame]
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #51
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U087erSas2c&feature=related"]YouTube- Nara - ES Posthumus[/ame]
Old 12-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #52
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Hey Jerrie!!

WOOO-HOOOO! Who says ya can't have FUN when you get older!!!????

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYZkFOZoP-o"]YouTube- 91 yr. old female drummer - Allee Willis Presents "Hey Jerrie"[/ame]

*Allee Willis tribute...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WILDCAT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2009, 01:33 AM   #53
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Pretty cool...

A woman sat down in a music store:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vvse45Qyk"]YouTube- Female Drum Solo Sam Ash[/ame]

In my day, this would have been called "a happening" walking into this...

* I love it hearing the women cheer here...

WILDCAT
Old 12-08-2009, 01:56 AM   #54
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post

Nope!

This was an extremely good choice though. Very sad about the loss of Kelly Johnson, she was so good! And really ROCKED. But, I'm talking back further than this.

Think, "relative" to time periods too. For example, how we thought of Jimi ,The Who as being "hard rock", some of it is considered "pretty now" by some current standards.

Just like when Black Sabboth and Deep Purple came along, today some of "that" is very "beautiful"...

Seriously, this was the first all women's band accepted for major mainstream recording - a difficult pathway to establish for the time. They wrote their own music and all played there own instruments. And although there surely were other women's band's then playing rock, this was the first "hired" for recording.

Other all female bands were accepted for this band paving the way.

More clues lined up, but keep trying first. I gave a VERY good clue to start off with.

Sincerely!

WILDCAT
Old 12-08-2009, 02:21 AM   #55
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default Mad World

The children are our future...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N3N1MlvVc4"]YouTube- Mad World - Gary Jules[/ame]

Snowy, I thought REM sang this version, and did not know that Tears for Fears did this originally, AND that this guy Jules really did this song - not REM. (Half the world got that wrong though, just punch it in by REM and this version/song comes up for them with this song title.)

Here's my favorite Tears for Fears song:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOA4ixV-3jU"]YouTube- Everybody Wants To Rule The World[/ame]

*I was always CONVINCED that this song had a dual meaning and ONE of them was about being queer and having to be in the closet. This is a beautiful song to me and had political relevance for it's time. (Well, much of their music did.)

WILD
Old 12-08-2009, 02:52 AM   #56
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation
Default You're with a winner, so baby, you can't lose.

Why you at the bar if you ain't poppin the bottles?
What good is all the fame if you ain't fuckin the models?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwuIIsDjgZg"]YouTube- Jenny Owen Youngs "Hot In Herre"[/ame]

So take it off like you're home alone,
You know dance in front your mirror while you're on the phone;
Checkin your reflection and tellin your best friend
Like, "Girl I think my butt's gettin big."
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2009, 03:01 AM   #57
WILDCAT

How Do You Identify?:

Default BLACK SABBATH!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FApakDW37BI"]YouTube- Black Sabbath - Laguna Sunrise[/ame]

Old 12-08-2009, 03:34 AM   #58
Bootboi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Bear
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mister Bear.. lol actually whatever not a big deal to me.
Relationship Status:
Solo sauntering along

Bootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST ReputationBootboi Has the BEST Reputation
Default More than you'll ever know...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg4T_B9D1TE"]YouTube- More than you'll ever know[/ame]
Bootboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 04:21 AM   #59
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Nope!

This was an extremely good choice though. Very sad about the loss of Kelly Johnson, she was so good! And really ROCKED. But, I'm talking back further than this.

Think, "relative" to time periods too. For example, how we thought of Jimi ,The Who as being "hard rock", some of it is considered "pretty now" by some current standards.

Just like when Black Sabboth and Deep Purple came along, today some of "that" is very "beautiful"...

Seriously, this was the first all women's band accepted for major mainstream recording - a difficult pathway to establish for the time. They wrote their own music and all played there own instruments. And although there surely were other women's band's then playing rock, this was the first "hired" for recording.

Other all female bands were accepted for this band paving the way.

More clues lined up, but keep trying first. I gave a VERY good clue to start off with.

Sincerely!

WILDCAT
Hmmmm.... I was thrown by your query about the first mainstream successful HARD rock band. Which I believe is Girlschool. The Runaways were later and not as successful. I believe one of the members of Girlschool (the drummer?) later joined the Go-Go's and after that played some lez festivals?
Unless you mean The Slits which were certainly HARD but considered more punk than rock.
Back further than Girlschool, and mainstream and popular? And HARD rock? And all-female? No one that I know of.

Now if we are talking about regular blues-based rock, history of rock and (non-hard) roll and all, then the first mainstream all-female rock band would probably be the GTO's.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCC0lihHBwQ"]YouTube- the GTOs (Girls Together Outrageously), 1969[/ame]

But I'm thinking you mean the Fannies. Blues based rock remarkable for existing in a man's world circa 1970 (or whenever). They rocked! In a 70's Tv friendly non- hard way! lol. But seriously, they totally rocked.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:29 AM   #60
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Default oops

OK they were FANNY, not "the fannies":
And they were damn cute.
They probably awakened a million girl's rock dreams on the Sonny and Cher show!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9VM1rYcPGA"]YouTube- FANNY "Charity Ball" 1971[/ame]
Now, what do I win?