Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Just put some up on my photobucket.
Here's the link:http://s737.photobucket.com/albums/x...resque%20Isle/
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 04:35 PM   #22
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

One of my favorite photographers: Francesca Woodman

http://images.google.com/images?q=fr...ed=0CBgQsAQwAA
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BestButchBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #23
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

I've been interested in this for a long time, and a friend of Mine on another site takes amazing pictures so My interest has yet again been piqued. I would love to get a digital camera at some point, maybe even ask for one for My birthday, but I've been thinking about starting to get out more this spring/summer to not only enjoy the weather and nature but to take pictures as well. There is a beautiful park mere blocks from where I live and I haven't truly enjoyed it in awhile, this will only give Me more of a reason to do so ......... I can't wait
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:54 PM   #24
Indianaguy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male member
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Single

Indianaguy Has the BEST ReputationIndianaguy Has the BEST ReputationIndianaguy Has the BEST ReputationIndianaguy Has the BEST ReputationIndianaguy Has the BEST ReputationIndianaguy Has the BEST ReputationIndianaguy Has the BEST ReputationIndianaguy Has the BEST ReputationIndianaguy Has the BEST ReputationIndianaguy Has the BEST ReputationIndianaguy Has the BEST Reputation

As an artist, I respect all forms and expressions of art. This is a wonderful thread.
Indianaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Indianaguy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2010, 09:06 PM   #25
violaine
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
atypical
Preferred Pronoun?:
plague words and phrases
Relationship Status:
love wise guys of the avian world

Thanked 3,294 Times in 1,301 Posts
violaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputationviolaine Has the BEST Reputation

hi. i stumbled upon this site earlier, and thought someone might benefit from reading on bird photography. the tips are realistic, and i agree with the author of the article- it's not necessary to spend a fortune on equipment.

passion, getting close to subject, having a lot of patience, timing, and lighting make all the difference. oh, and waders

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/birds.htm
violaine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to violaine For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2010, 07:53 PM   #26
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,098 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Happy to find this thread! Thanks for getting it started.

I've been a photo hobbiest for about 17 years now. I love sharing what I see and how I see the world with others.

I keep a few public things public here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristystreet/
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #27
BestButchBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Male ID

Thanked 5,459 Times in 2,038 Posts
BestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST ReputationBestButchBoy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckle-K View Post

I've been a photo hobbiest for about 17 years now. I love sharing what I see and how I see the world with others.

I keep a few public things public here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristystreet/

Nice images!!!
BestButchBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #28
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Hey Freckle,

I have a question: what lens do you use for most of your shots?

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #29
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Hey Freckle,

I have a question: what lens do you use for most of your shots?
My favorite is a 55-200mm 1:4-5.6G

I used to have a larger zoom that I was fond of, but it broke.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #30
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Did anyone else go on an Easter egg hunt?

Old 04-14-2010, 07:27 PM   #31
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

So, what are you shooting this month?

Do you shoot film or digital? Why?
Old 04-15-2010, 02:44 PM   #32
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

i shoot both..digital and film....something about the smell of developing chemicals and the feel of a B/W negative between your fingers ...and doing it all in a "dark BAG" or dark room..that i just can not give up.

Tho i must admit digital is so much easier and faster...cheaper, simpler and with adobe i to can be ansel adams.... (opps my prejudice is showing)

I use digital for simple pictures..family stuff....and all that....

when i am photographing for my personal artistic gratification i use my 35 mm or my 126 or will make a camera out of a shoe box and have some fun......

This month i am photographing the new grandchild.the old grandchild....the rhubarb....the strawberries, the worms, my roses as they grow.....and continuing on my not study....i am now at not anymore

Old 04-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #33
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
So, what are you shooting this month?

Do you shoot film or digital? Why?
Digital. I find it easier, especially when I play. I have two cameras: a Canon Powershot SD450 Elph (might be time to get a new one) and my Canon XSi.

The Elph I use when I want something quick or when I'm cycling (it's very light and easy for me to grab).

The XSi is my dSLR and allows me to play and experiment with a variety of things. I'm thinking of perhaps investing (once in Cali) in a new all-purpose lens. The one I have is ok but I'm contemplating if a different one might serve me better (which one I don't know yet as I still need to research some more).

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 06:54 AM   #34
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Here is one of my favorite shots so far this year.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:42 AM   #35
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

Location: where the road goes on forever and the party never ends
Thanked 1,533 Times in 437 Posts
little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
brava!

very well done. we may need to discuss my immediate desire for a print.

i'm a rambling man
i ain't ever gonna change
i got a gypsy soul to blame
and i was born for leaving

--zac brown band (colder weather)
little man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #36
Graham

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/male
Preferred Pronoun?:
he him his
Relationship Status:
Married to wintergreengem

Graham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST ReputationGraham Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
brava!

very well done. we may need to discuss my immediate desire for a print.
Hey Little man how you been? I've been wanting to ask if you still have that pic you took of GG and I? We lost it during one of our computer crashes, we sure did love that one. Good to see so many friends again.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:05 PM   #37
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

little man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputationlittle man Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Hey Little man how you been? I've been wanting to ask if you still have that pic you took of GG and I? We lost it during one of our computer crashes, we sure did love that one. Good to see so many friends again.
hey graham...ltns!

i'll be sorting through pics again very soon. i know i saw those images not too long ago. drop me a pm and leave either your email or you mailing addy (not sure if you guys have moved or not). i'd be more than happy to send along pics or make a nice print for you. i have a great lab i use here that does wonderful print work.

i'm a rambling man

Old 05-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #38
freyja

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

freyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud offreyja has much to be proud of

Hey photo friends *waves to little man and Freckle K*

i have been on & offing my two lens lately and it's getting tiresome.
Freckle's 55-200 is great and she has a knack of capturing awesome shots in zoom mode.

i found that Sigma has a nifty all purpose lens (18-200) i am thinking of adding to my gear bag. (we have an annual photo show in two weeks, might be good deals there).

But then i also had my eye on the Sigma 2.8 28-135 for portrait work.

Decisions Decisions.
No it's not about decisions, it's about $$$$

Have a fab day all.

freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to freyja For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2010, 06:03 PM   #39
little man

How Do You Identify?:
mister
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
hard to hold

1 Highscore

went to the butterfly house with my sister. images here.

i'm a rambling man

The Following User Says Thank You to little man For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2010, 08:30 PM   #40
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by freyja View Post
Hey photo friends *waves to little man and Freckle K*

i have been on & offing my two lens lately and it's getting tiresome.
Freckle's 55-200 is great and she has a knack of capturing awesome shots in zoom mode.

i found that Sigma has a nifty all purpose lens (18-200) i am thinking of adding to my gear bag. (we have an annual photo show in two weeks, might be good deals there).

But then i also had my eye on the Sigma 2.8 28-135 for portrait work.

Decisions Decisions.
No it's not about decisions, it's about $$$$

Have a fab day all.

Thanks for the compliment.

I hear ya about the decisions vs $$$. Keep your eyes peeled; sometimes deals pop up when you least expect them. I wonder if there's a craigslist or swap meet style site specifically for used photo equipment....

When are we going to shoot again? That was fun!!