Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 01-23-2020, 11:21 AM   #141
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!
Just in case you're unfamiliar with the Lincoln Project.......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2020, 05:47 PM   #142
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

DOOMSDAY CLOCK

The keepers of the Doomsday Clock on Thursday moved the symbolic countdown to global disaster to the closest point to midnight in its 73-year history, citing “existential danger” from nuclear war and climate change.

The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, which was founded after the creation of the atomic bomb during the Second World War and focuses on the greatest threats to human survival, said it moved the clock from two minutes to midnight to 100 seconds to midnight – a 20-second advance.

The decision was made by the group’s science and security board, in consultations with its board of sponsors, which includes 13 Nobel laureates.

In a statement accompanying the clock’s advance, the organization said the nuclear and climate dangers “are compounded by a threat multiplier, cyberspace-based information warfare that undercuts society’s ability to respond.”

“The international security situation is dire, not just because these threats exist, but because world leaders have allowed the international political infrastructure for managing them to erode,” it said.

Rachel Bronson, president and CEO of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, said: “We are now expressing how close the world is to catastrophe in seconds – not hours, or even minutes.”

Come out of the woodwork all you Ignorant Trump Voters. Defend your votes and your support of him.

You owe us at least this much as you supported that horrible, greedy, shortsighted craven fool who will try to protect his ugly, venal, grasping family in underground bunkers while the rest of us try to survive the annihilation of ourselves, our children, and whatever generations might have come but will not.

yes, yes..i know you have the right to vote as you will...but look at the dreadful deadly mess you've created...and frankly, i don't even think you got a fair trade ...maybe a job that will be short-lived, maybe a few pennies more per hour long as the job lasts, and then a world you wont be able to afford enough gas masks to live in.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2020, 06:27 PM   #143
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

bump...hate to see a thoughtful post get drowned.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:13 PM   #144
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Why don't you address the Boris Johnson voters? He won in a landslide. You're living in a Commonwealth country. Or the voters in Brazil or Australia or Israel or India?
Old 01-24-2020, 05:17 AM   #145
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

As far as psychiatric exam goes, though I think it's worth the effort, I don't know how effective it would actually be. Sociopaths, psychopaths many of them are very skilled, adept, accomplished and proficient liars. Especially the more organized ones. Very good at acing those type of tests, cunning people.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2020, 09:13 AM   #146
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default FINALLY FINALLY something worthwhile from the pundits!!

Last night on MSNBC they discussed the ramifications that the senators who vote against calling witness will face when Bolton's book is released and in fact if it does contain some very damaging info that should of been heard before the impeachment proceedings.

Of course there has not been a release date set for his book but I have a hunch it's going to be out well before election time.

It is well known I am not a fan of the talking heads ESPECIALLY when they talk over whatever person is the focus of an event they are covering! And well, when they succumb to hash over what senator is drinking milk, IMHO it's WAY past time to shut up, say goodnight, and sign off!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2020, 02:28 PM   #147
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

As a US citizen I hate to say that this election seems to be similar to the last one in that I find myself not being inspired to vote for anyone and will likely just vote against the hated one (in my case against Trump).

I wish our political system could produce legislators who would legislate and presidential candidates who could work with them to get things done, actual law making beyond the reaches of just signing in and out with executive letters every time the political winds change direction.

In my opinion the extreme "all or nothing" stances results in more nothing than anything else.

The United States is certainly not alone in the poorly chosen and elected leaders camp, the globalization of bad choices seems to be upon us.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2020, 07:31 PM   #148
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Chief justice's admonishment followed a note from Susan Collins...

WASHINGTON (AP) — Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts' admonishment of House impeachment prosecutors and President Donald Trump's defense team followed a handwritten note by Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine. Collins penned a note after House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler's comment about a “cover-up” by Senate Republicans for Trump, her spokeswoman confirmed. Senate rules ban senators from impugning each other.

Now IF only she pays as close attention to the facts offered up during the hearings!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2020, 07:44 PM   #149
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo unleashed a profanity-filled tirade at NPR’s Mary Louise Kelly in a private room after the “All Things Considered” co-host asked him about former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch during a routine interview, NPR reported.

Kelly explained on “All Things Considered” on Friday night that, after the interview, she was led to a private room near his office. Pompeo then yelled at her, using the “F-word and many others” over her questions on Ukraine.

“I was taken to the Secretary’s private living room where he was waiting and where he shouted at me for about the same amount of time as the interview itself,” she said. “He was not happy to have been questioned about Ukraine.” Pompeo also asked Kelly if she could find Ukraine on a map, and she said she could. He called on his aides to bring an unlabeled map so she could show him, according to Kelly.

Kelly, a longtime national security reporter with a master’s in European studies from Cambridge University, said she successfully pointed to the country on the map. Kelly described the bizarre tirade after airing the full interview with Pompeo on “All Things Considered.” The aide who brought Kelly to Pompeo did not say that anything would be off the record, the NPR host said.

She explained:

[Pompeo] asked, “Do you think Americans care about Ukraine?”

He used the F-word in that sentence and many others.

He asked if I could find Ukraine on a map. I said yes, and he called out for aides to bring us a map of the world with no writing. I pointed to Ukraine. He put the map away.

He said, “people will hear about this.”

NPR’s “Morning Edition” released a portion of Kelly’s interview with the secretary of state earlier Friday, highlighting the moment Pompeo became frustrated with Kelly after she asked him if he owed Yovanovitch an apology for her ouster. Pompeo deflected the question as Kelly continued to push him on it until the secretary appeared to cut the interview off.

Read the full transcript of Kelly’s interview with Pompeo on NPR.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2020, 07:51 PM   #150
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

IMHO Senators/Politicians never acted as rude and disrespectful before Trump came along...

It seems many have taken a page right out of his playbook!
Old 01-24-2020, 08:25 PM   #151
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,125 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

So now Trump has attended the March for Life, something no other U.S. president has ever done. He spent a lot of time talking about God - Whom I think he has no interest in - and "unborn children" - whom I think he doesn't give a rat's a** about. He was clearly just pandering for votes.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 07:47 AM   #152
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Those delicate little GOP Senators.......

GOP Senators Incensed By Schiff's 'Head On A Pike' Remark!

They are incensed by this but not so much by all of Trumps shenanigans???
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 08:08 AM   #153
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 09:26 AM   #154
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Another bombshell from a source Trump hardly knows???

ABC News has reviewed a recording of what they say “appears” to be President Trump speaking about wanting former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch fired. On the tape, the voice that appears to be Trump can be heard saying of Yovanovitch, “Get rid of her! Get her out tomorrow. I don’t care. Get her out tomorrow. Take her out. OK? Do it.”

The report goes on to cite sources who say the recording was made by Igor Fruman during an intimate dinner in 2018 at the Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C. Both Fruman and Lev Parnas were indicted for campaign-finance violations in October 2019 and are former associates of Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani.
Old 01-25-2020, 11:02 AM   #155
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

the republican's have NOTHING I'm sitting here listening to garbage so called opening arguments ~ this is obnoxious
I am embarrassed for them .To think people even think this ignorantly.
Old 01-25-2020, 03:54 PM   #156
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

I'd give Trump Ukraine if he and his administration just get the Hell out of the Arctic.

"In May 2019, ( Mike) Pompeo acted against environmental protection at the Arctic Council. He refused to sign on to a joint statement addressing the need for protection of the Arctic region from the threat of rapidly melting ice unless all mentions of climate change were removed from the document. He stated "climate change is actually good for the Arctic, since melting ice caps are 'opening up new shipping routes' and thus making it more economically viable to expand oil drilling in the region."

Wikipedia. (Not the Bible but probably a reasonably accurate source on this one.)

Levitz, Eric. "Trump Thwarts GOP Plot to Pretend His Climate Agenda Isn't Idiotic". New York Intelligencer. Retrieved June 3, 2019.

McKibben, Bill (May 8, 2019). "The U.N. Report on Extinction vs. Mike Pompeo at the Arctic Council". Retrieved May 8, 2019.

I guess someone did do their homework for their Wikipedia entry.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 04:16 PM   #157
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
So now Trump has attended the March for Life, something no other U.S. president has ever done. He spent a lot of time talking about God - Whom I think he has no interest in - and "unborn children" - whom I think he doesn't give a rat's a** about. He was clearly just pandering for votes.
I think Mike Bloomberg should put up one ( or two ) of his billions as a prize to be paid to the first person identifying any of the women paid or forced by Trump to have an abortion...maybe even including all his family members whose names end with an "a". This prize might be extended to protect anyone willing to break a non-disclosure agreement.

Come on Mike. You can do this.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:00 PM   #158
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo unleashed a profanity-filled tirade at NPR’s Mary Louise Kelly in a private room after the “All Things Considered” co-host asked him about former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch during a routine interview, NPR reported.

Kelly explained on “All Things Considered” on Friday night that, after the interview, she was led to a private room near his office. Pompeo then yelled at her, using the “F-word and many others” over her questions on Ukraine.

“I was taken to the Secretary’s private living room where he was waiting and where he shouted at me for about the same amount of time as the interview itself,” she said. “He was not happy to have been questioned about Ukraine.” Pompeo also asked Kelly if she could find Ukraine on a map, and she said she could. He called on his aides to bring an unlabeled map so she could show him, according to Kelly.

Kelly, a longtime national security reporter with a master’s in European studies from Cambridge University, said she successfully pointed to the country on the map. Kelly described the bizarre tirade after airing the full interview with Pompeo on “All Things Considered.” The aide who brought Kelly to Pompeo did not say that anything would be off the record, the NPR host said.

She explained:

[Pompeo] asked, “Do you think Americans care about Ukraine?”

He used the F-word in that sentence and many others.

He asked if I could find Ukraine on a map. I said yes, and he called out for aides to bring us a map of the world with no writing. I pointed to Ukraine. He put the map away.

He said, “people will hear about this.”

NPR’s “Morning Edition” released a portion of Kelly’s interview with the secretary of state earlier Friday, highlighting the moment Pompeo became frustrated with Kelly after she asked him if he owed Yovanovitch an apology for her ouster. Pompeo deflected the question as Kelly continued to push him on it until the secretary appeared to cut the interview off.

Read the full transcript of Kelly’s interview with Pompeo on NPR.
Today Pompeo came out and accused Kelly lying to him twice! Once was about a portion of the interview supposedly being "off the record", I'm assuming it's the part where he uses such unnecessary foul and nasty
language.

So who shall I believe, a respected NPR journalist or one of Trump's mouthpiece who's been caught in lie after lie?
Old 01-25-2020, 06:02 PM   #159
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
GOP Senators Incensed By Schiff's 'Head On A Pike' Remark!

They are incensed by this but not so much by all of Trumps shenanigans???
Over 24 hours later and some of these poor delicate flowers are still whining and carrying on over this!
Old 01-25-2020, 06:06 PM   #160
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

IMHO Senators/Politicians never acted as rude and disrespectful before Trump came along...

It seems many have taken a page right out of his playbook!