Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #141
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

maryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison W View Post
...So my GM is going to run a RuneQuest game set in Pavis during the Second Age, for which the other two players are playing a bard who follows Nandan/Ernalda and a blacksmith who follows Gustbran the Bonesmith. I will probably be playing a young warrior who follows Vinga, after going apostate from the very patriarchal faith she was raised in to join the Storm Tribe.

If there is anyone here to whom that was not complete and utter gibberish, please tell me.

It is not gibberish. *offers secret handshake*
maryam is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maryam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #142
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

I'm unreasonably excited about this:

Not just because it is Star Trek, but also because he is in it:

I just realized that he is also in The Hobbit movies, as the Necromancer. I didn't even notice this (I'll just have to watch the first one five more times ). I was already totally jazzed that his co-star on Sherlock, Martin Freeman, played Bilbo. Then there is Richard Armitage...well...I cannot begin to explain how fun it was to discover that I get to watch multiple movies with him as Thorin...
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #143
Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollylane View Post
I'm unreasonably excited about this:

Not just because it is Star Trek, but also because he is in it:

I love bernard cumberbatch! Sherlock has to be one of the best things I have seen on the tv in years. Star trek comes out here on the 9th of may. But I have to wait till I am back in the states at the end of may to see it with my geeky sister and my brother in law.*mutters* I love how we had this convo after we talked about how great big bang theory is. Right back to watching last week ep of supernatural. Charlie is in it! Wish she had a bigger role! If her and Castiel were in a ep together that would be the best ep ever!
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Queenie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #144
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Thanked 1,198 Times in 320 Posts
Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryam View Post
It is not gibberish. *offers secret handshake*
ERMAHGERD wanna talk Glorantha?
Allison W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #145
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Canada unveils its sweet new space-themed $5 bill in space
With the help of Commander Chris Hadfield aboard the ISS, the Bank of Canada yesterday launched its new robot- and astronaut-themed five dollar bill.

The new polymer $5 bill shows the Canadarm2 and Dextre manipulator robots, along with an ambiguous astronaut meant to symbolize all Canadians who have contributed to its space program.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #146
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #147
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default big bang/star trek

Old 05-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #148
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

As someone who has never had:

1. An action figure
2. A Bobble head
3. Anything Star Trek (though I have coveted)
4. Any TV memorabilia

I may have to indulge, these could take care of all of the above all at once.

In the name of efficiency.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 07:31 AM   #149
Queenie

How Do You Identify?:
Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,891 Times in 523 Posts
Queenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST ReputationQueenie Has the BEST Reputation

The husband got me a sheldon cooper bobblehead for my b-day last nov. Its so cool! And he also got me a soft kitty warm kitty tee. I loved the tee so much that I sent one to my sister for xmas. I am so going to take a photo us of wearing them together! And our husband can wear their maltese falcon tees in the photo also. Cause ya know, its hip to be a nerd!
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Queenie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #150
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Drool...one of my favorite sites ever! http://www.etymonline.com
Bleu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #151
femmeInterrupted

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she works out well ;)
Relationship Status:
Happily married.

Thanked 3,221 Times in 666 Posts
femmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST ReputationfemmeInterrupted Has the BEST Reputation
Default Love this. A lot!

Pulp Street by Beery Method

Lila Watson

You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it.
You say you love sun, but you seek shade when its shining.
You say you love wind, but when its comes you close your window.
So that's why I'm scared, when you say you love me.

-- Bob Marley
femmeInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to femmeInterrupted For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #152
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums
Default Morse Code Clock

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #153
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Is it me or is anybody else having difficulty getting into this season of "Dr. Who"?
Old 05-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #154
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #155
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default sooo much cooler than planking

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #156
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default i concur!

Old 05-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #157
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Allison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST ReputationAllison W Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
LISTEN TO NEIL DEGRASSE TYSON
Neil DeGrasse Tyson is so fucking great. Just a few samples for folks here not familiar with him:

A lecture-series closing speech that has been referred to as a sermon, of all things, and I can see it:

NDT on scientific literacy (a concept I love):

NDT on coming to your senses, about the five human senses, artificial senses, and that "common sense" thing:

NDT on religion in schools (kind of a hot-button issue with "Intelligent Design" and all that):

NDT being awesome on Bill Maher:

There's a lot more out there. I just snagged some highlights.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #158
Allison W

How Do You Identify?:
TG Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Loner

Pardon the double-post, but I just finished the new Tomb Raider game last night/this morning, and it was pretty great. I didn't play any of the previous installments, but this one actually looked like it was worth playing, and I was definitely not disappointed--it was pretty badass and like playing an action movie (albeit with slower-paced exploration and puzzle segments interspersed with the many high-tension fight and escape sequences, but it works). Lara just keeps getting progressively more fucked up over the course of the game and keeps on truckin' like this is Die Hard or some shit and I loved it. And you know how you get this feeling when a game is nearing the ending, with the buildup of tension leading to the climax and all that? The bulk of the game was like that.

Also, there was an observation Lara made early in the game which I found particularly apt, in response to Dr. Whitman saying of a powerful ancient queen that some said she had shamanistic or elemental power, not just political: "A woman wields that much power and sooner or later it gets called witchcraft."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Allison W For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #159
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Old 05-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #160
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison W View Post
Pardon the double-post, but I just finished the new Tomb Raider game last night/this morning, and it was pretty great. I didn't play any of the previous installments, but this one actually looked like it was worth playing, and I was definitely not disappointed--it was pretty badass and like playing an action movie (albeit with slower-paced exploration and puzzle segments interspersed with the many high-tension fight and escape sequences, but it works). Lara just keeps getting progressively more fucked up over the course of the game and keeps on truckin' like this is Die Hard or some shit and I loved it. And you know how you get this feeling when a game is nearing the ending, with the buildup of tension leading to the climax and all that? The bulk of the game was like that.

Also, there was an observation Lara made early in the game which I found particularly apt, in response to Dr. Whitman saying of a powerful ancient queen that some said she had shamanistic or elemental power, not just political: "A woman wields that much power and sooner or later it gets called witchcraft."
double post away!! This is the geek thread; we are nothing if not over zealous.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:

Tags
geek, geeky, nerd, nerdy, random