Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 06-04-2014, 09:20 PM   #1361
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Oregon

Today, The US Supreme Court denied the request of the NOM haters to stay marriages in Oregon while it is decided if NOM can defend the ban in court as the Governor refuses to do so.

A really positive step.

**A side note...so far when hate groups have tried to become involved in these lawsuits, it has been ruled that they cannot, as same sex marriage does not effect their marriages in any way.

Last edited by MsTinkerbelly; 06-04-2014 at 09:25 PM.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2014, 12:47 PM   #1362
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default North Dakota

The final state with a ban against marriage equality(North Dakota), has had a lawsuit filed today to overturn its ban. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Some day, marriage equality for all!
The Following User Says Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2014, 04:21 PM   #1363
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Read somewhere that Wisconsin's gay marriage ban was struck down. Not sure if it happened today or yesterday?

Another one bites the dust.

Fourteen down, thirty six to go. (If I got the numbers wrong, don't be surprised...I barely passed math in high school.)

Alabama Needs To Hurry The Fuck Up,
Brute.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2014, 08:41 PM   #1364
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums
Default Wisconsin

The ban was struck down today, and licenses were being issued in several counties. This makes the 27th state were marriages can be performed or are stayed pending appeals.

The Attorney General will be filing an emergency motion for a stay, but as of 2 hours ago things were moving forward. Several Churches were offering to perform ceremonies for those that wanted to drop by Monday.

WTG Wisconsin!

Last edited by MsTinkerbelly; 06-06-2014 at 08:44 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2014, 07:05 AM   #1365
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,320 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Federal Judge To Wisconsin: You Know 'Traditional' Marriage Was Polygamy, Right?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ef=mostpopular
Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2014, 08:09 AM   #1366
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWriteFemme View Post
Federal Judge To Wisconsin: You Know 'Traditional' Marriage Was Polygamy, Right?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...ef=mostpopular
I'm all for polygamy if women (or men) are not forced into the situation by a another person or group.

Interesting article, thank you!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #1367
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums
Default Luxembourg

Another country approves marriage equality.

Whoop!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2014, 04:25 PM   #1368
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums
Default Presbyterians

At the national conference of Presbyterian clergy, it was decided by vote today to allow same-sex marriages to be done in the Church.

WTG!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2014, 06:39 PM   #1369
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
At the national conference of Presbyterian clergy, it was decided by vote today to allow same-sex marriages to be done in the Church.

WTG!
I would assume this would be the USA Presbyterians? I am certain the PCA Presbyterian church I grew up in would not do this!

Have a good article by chance?

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2014, 10:58 PM   #1370
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I would assume this would be the USA Presbyterians? I am certain the PCA Presbyterian church I grew up in would not do this!

Have a good article by chance?
USA Presbyterians.

Google same sex marriage
Old 06-25-2014, 11:12 AM   #1371
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums
Default Indiana

A Federal Judge just ruled that the ban in Indiana on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional, and marriage may begin in Indiana IMMEDIATELY!

Addition: The Attorney Generals office has vowed to appeal.

Whoop Indiana!

Last edited by MsTinkerbelly; 06-25-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:23 AM   #1372
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums
Default Utah

Even more good news!

The 10th District Court of appeals (3judge panel) just confirmed that Utah's ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional, as per the recent decision by a Federal Judge which was appealed by the state.

Utah may now request a full court review (which the court can refuse), or they can proceed directly to the US Supreme Court, which could also refuse to hear the case and the decision would stand.

Personally, being that it is Utah, i think they will go the route that will tie-up marriage equlity the longest.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:27 PM   #1373
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Kentucky

http://news.yahoo.com/u-court-strike...165814652.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #1374
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,258 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Same Sex Marriage...I'm all for it. Soon as I divorce this wife, I'm getting me another one! (Oh, I'm just kidding)
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:04 PM   #1375
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Same Sex Marriage...I'm all for it. Soon as I divorce this wife, I'm getting me another one! (Oh, I'm just kidding)
I'm sorry, but i don't understand why you put this here?
Old 07-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #1376
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,258 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I'm sorry, but i don't understand why you put this here?
My apologies. Certainly didn't mean to offend. Was simply being light hearted.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #1377
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums
Default Florida

Arguments to end the ban on same-sex marriage in Florida were heard in Federal Court today, no time frame (at least that i could find) was given for a decision.

Another one down?

Stay tuned...lol
Old 07-08-2014, 01:32 PM   #1378
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums
Default California

Marriage Equality is now official in California, with Governor Brown's signing of Senate Bill 1306 sponsored by Sen. Leno.

The Bill was needed for minor changes to the wording of husband and wife (instead using spouse and spouse), and one man-one woman replaced by two adult persons.

Last edited by MsTinkerbelly; 07-08-2014 at 01:37 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #1379
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums
Default Colorado

Just in...Colorado's same-sex marriage ban was just ruled unconstitutional.

Why to go Colorado!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:04 PM   #1380
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Even more good news!

The 10th District Court of appeals (3judge panel) just confirmed that Utah's ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitutional, as per the recent decision by a Federal Judge which was appealed by the state.

Utah may now request a full court review (which the court can refuse), or they can proceed directly to the US Supreme Court, which could also refuse to hear the case and the decision would stand.

Personally, being that it is Utah, i think they will go the route that will tie-up marriage equlity the longest.
Well it's official!

Utah has asked the US Supreme Court to decide the issue of marriage equality.

They (Supreme Court)can take up the case (which i expect) or they can decline which would make same-sex marriage legal in Utah, but would not decide other pending cases.