Old 12-19-2011, 10:15 PM   #1
1ladyface

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
loved and loving

1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation
Default Trans Appreciation

Hi All! I didn't see a thread for this so I thought I'd start one. I'll kick it off with a list of things I'd like to thank the butches (and transguys and studs and female born masculine folks in general) for:

1. Thanks for knowing that we do have brains between our pretty little ears.

2. Thanks for not minding if our heels make us a little taller than you…or a lot taller.

3. Thanks for appreciating all the work that goes into looking as fabulous as we do.

4. Thanks for knowing the difference between being protective and being jealous.

5. Thanks for your brutal hands, huge cocks and filthy minds.

6. Thanks for the cuddles and spooning and those strong, safe arms.

7. Thanks for smelling like wonderful things: sweat, old spice, sawdust, whiskey, coffee and (if I’m a lucky ladyface) sometimes even delicious desserts.

8. Thanks for recognizing that we femmefolk don’t do femininity for you. (Except sometimes, when we do.)

9. Thanks for being patient and kind in those moments when we are…flustered, insecure, crestfallen or just plain grumpy.

10. Thanks for the chivalry. It is noticed and appreciated and no matter how many times you open a door for me, I still get that wonderful warm squiggly feeling in my tummy. Really.

every. time.

-ladyface

http://www.1ladyface.blogspot.com
1ladyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
1ladyface

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
loved and loving

1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation

Alright, I'm just gonna go ahead and nudge this thread. Ladies, what else do you appreciate about your trans lovers? I'm certain that mine isn't an exhaustive list...

-ladyface

The Following User Says Thank You to 1ladyface For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Thinking

Thanks for acknowledging our masculinity.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow

Thanks for getting that our kids come first...
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation
Default Even though She isn't trans...

I appreciate my female identified butch for her huge BRAIN
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Arrow -----

Thanks for not assuming that because I'm Femne I'm not strong...

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 08:51 PM   #7
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for being okay with yourself wherever you are in journey--I love that!
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #8
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for being you, all the time, not just when you think I'm watching.

Thanks for being masculine enough that it balances my femininity perfectly.

Thanks for that light touch of your hand in the small of my back when we leave a room and understanding that its very much okay with me.

Thanks for knowing that I go weak at the knees when you flirt with me, no matter how long its been.

Thanks for cheering me up when I'm down and for knowing when that is.

Thanks for loving me. And for letting me love you, back.
Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2011, 04:32 AM   #9
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I just love my husband sooooooo much! He's everything I ever wanted from a woman (and never got) and everything I never thought I would get from a man! He's my best friend, most amazing lover, he's kind, he's romantic, he's generous, he's caring, he brings out the best in me, he's just so wonderful! Sometimes I have to pinch myself to believe it's true.

Plus he's really sexy! Some boi was eyeing him up at a party last night and I thought 'ha ha ha, no, he's mine!'
Old 12-31-2011, 06:27 PM   #10
1ladyface

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
loved and loving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canela View Post
Thanks for that light touch of your hand in the small of my back when we leave a room and understanding that its very much okay with me.
Oh yes, this makes me melty too.

And thanks for always being up for spider evacuation or extermination duty. (evacuation or extermination is determined by the size, location and scariness of the spider)

-ladyface

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to 1ladyface For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2011, 06:39 PM   #11
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

I truly appreciate when an ftm has that "swagger" or heir of cockiness. It makes me mighty weak in the knees when my partner *knows* they have it and *knows/shows* it to me!!! Being the femme that I am, I need someone who is confident in themselves. I am by no means needy or powerless, but I just love the power he/hy can have over me! *swoons....*
Old 01-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #12
rldaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boi
Relationship Status:
Single

rldaddy is on a distinguished road
Default Thats awesome

Anytime! I really enjoyed reading that.
rldaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #13
1ladyface

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
loved and loving

I know I started it, but this is one of my favorite threads to lurk. The responses are so much fun to read and they often make my heart hurt (in a good way). Thanks for sharing!!!

-ladyface

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 1ladyface For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #14
Library_girl

How Do You Identify?:
Old School Femme, girl, babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, & other girly words
Relationship Status:
Married to DJ Bear

Thanked 1,247 Times in 280 Posts
Library_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST ReputationLibrary_girl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ladyface View Post
Hi All! I didn't see a thread for this so I thought I'd start one. I'll kick it off with a list of things I'd like to thank the butches (and transguys and studs and female born masculine folks in general) for:

1. Thanks for knowing that we do have brains between our pretty little ears.

2. Thanks for not minding if our heels make us a little taller than you…or a lot taller.

3. Thanks for appreciating all the work that goes into looking as fabulous as we do.

4. Thanks for knowing the difference between being protective and being jealous.

5. Thanks for your brutal hands, huge cocks and filthy minds.

6. Thanks for the cuddles and spooning and those strong, safe arms.

7. Thanks for smelling like wonderful things: sweat, old spice, sawdust, whiskey, coffee and (if I’m a lucky ladyface) sometimes even delicious desserts.

8. Thanks for recognizing that we femmefolk don’t do femininity for you. (Except sometimes, when we do.)

9. Thanks for being patient and kind in those moments when we are…flustered, insecure, crestfallen or just plain grumpy.

10. Thanks for the chivalry. It is noticed and appreciated and no matter how many times you open a door for me, I still get that wonderful warm squiggly feeling in my tummy. Really.

every. time.

Thanks so much for this thread, and for this list! I have to say that although I love every item on the list, #4, 5, and 6 are my favorites, especially #4! My appreciation for the protectiveness is enormous and heartfelt.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:19 PM   #15
Slowpurr

How Do You Identify?:
Stone femme
Relationship Status:

Slowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST Reputation
Default "Small Town Security" boasts a FTM transgendered employee

A shout out to Sgt. Dennis Croft a featured player on the reality show "Small Town Security"on AMC. I started to watch the show on a lark; having seen a preview featuring an outrageously quirky, attention seeking character named Joan or 'chief' as she is fondly referred to by her employees at the security service office;which is the setting of the show. I came for Joan but will stay for Dennis. It remains to be seen how this series will ultimately handle the subject of transition but the sentiment voiced by Sgt. Croft in an all too brief but intense interview on local access in Ringgold, Georgia cannot be erased. The first episode airs the interview which contains a clip of D. Croft being interviewed prior to beginning his T therapy as he watches and comments in the present.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dennis...b_1676342.html
Slowpurr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slowpurr For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2012, 07:26 AM   #16
Tony

How Do You Identify?:
All Man (FTM if I must have a label)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male ones
Relationship Status:
She's my Southern Comfort

Thanked 1,241 Times in 326 Posts
Tony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST ReputationTony Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Liking it...

Just found this thread. Loved reading all the amazing posts from the ladies. Believe me, we love to know what we're doing right & the appreciation is intensely felt. No matter who you are or your personal situation, it's always a feel good when someone not only accepts all that you are, but appreciates & likes it. Thank you, Ladies.
Old 08-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #17
Canela

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Babe, she, her, ella

Thanked 6,524 Times in 1,697 Posts
Canela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST ReputationCanela Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you for your fierceness. The protective nature that you have for me, that quality that makes you want to stand up for me even when you know I'm more than capable to stand up for myself.

Thank you for showing me love in a discreet and (not so discreet-not pda) way sometimes, in front of my family and friends. The kindness and courtesy you give me that moves even straight couples to reassess their own behaviors....

Thank you for making me the Queen of our world/life/relationship and understanding your own place as our King.

Thank you for committing to us, to our life and to our loved ones. Being you is the only way I can love you, and thank you for receiving my love in it's entirety.

Thank you for letting me be me with you, the girl, the mama, the wifey the kitten, the tigress, the lamb, the big baby. Thank you for being my bf, man, husband, daddy, mister, sir, friend, lover, (big baby) among others and for understanding that masculine terms are natural to me for you, and I revel in being able to use them. That means more to me than you know.

Thank you for appreciating me in all my many facets. For making me feel good about being a girl/woman who loves her bf/TG/FtM/Transman.

Thank you for"getting" it.

Happiness is like a butterfly which,
when pursued, is always beyond our grasp,
but, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you

~Nathaniel Hawthorne

Canela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Canela For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #18
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

My best friend of 15-years identifies as a Trans Bear.

When we met, we were both baby dykes, fledgling butch and femme baby dykes full of bravado, trying to find ourselves and our way (and having an awful lot of fun along the way). Over the course of the past decade and a half we have been through so much - many highs, and oh so many lows. I'm grateful for his friendship. He is my touchstone. He's taught me and inspired me, and propped me up when I've needed it. He's also let me take care of him, he's shared the good, the bad and the ugly. And every step of the way I have been so proud of him (even on those days I've wanted to shake him).

I am so proud of his bravery. Every stage of his transition has required renewed and refreshed courage.

I am so proud that every step of the way he has followed his own path, even when it diverged from anything he knew, from anything he saw, from anything written or talked about. He has let his internal compass lead the way.

I am so proud of the role he has taken on as community educator, both within our local queer community, and within the regional and wider bear and leather communities. As we all know, fear and intolerance are human conditions, being a pioneer within the community is as hard and sometimes harder and often requires MORE courage, than educating the heterosexual community.

And I am so proud of the every day education he does, with the guys he manages in the warehouse, with his family, with 100s of other people who have never ever met anyone like him, never even conceived of someone like him. He's smoothed the paths for dozens of queer kids of every stripe, by being open and honest and a warm, positive reassuring role model with their families.

I'm so proud of every obstacle he's overcome. Of every barrier he's broken through. And of his ability to lift himself up and keep going, again and again and again - because none of those obstacles were overcome easily, and none of those barriers were broken down swiftly.

I am so proud, *beamingly proud*, of the full, happy, healthy, loving person he is.

Today he entered himself as a contestant in the Mr. CT Leather competition.
It is an enormous step for him, to not just find a place within the gay leather community, but to step up and put himself on display.

It has been a long time coming, a long journey for him to find this level of self-confidence; and in finding himself, and joy in himself, he has opened hearts and minds like no one else I know.

Not in big flashy splashy ways; in every day, real face-to-face ways.

So go on you brave sexy M.F. -- be bold!
I'll always be your biggest fan.

And random fact: He's not the first trans man to break this ground, Tyler McCormick won International Man of Leather in 2010. Bravo, Mr. McCormick.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for letting me go.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 01:11 PM   #20
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Thank You, *all* of You, just for being who You are!

Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leigh For This Useful Post: