Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 01-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation
Default Shortcuts for the Lazy/Busy/Disorganized

I have attempted to google this but I'm wondering if anybody has had luck with this:

I need to send my thank you cards still from the holidays. What I would LIKE is to send pretty snail mail thank you cards using the Internet. Mainly because I have a terrible time doing thank you cards. Any suggestions?

What shortcuts or finds have you discovered to make your life more functional?

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
Passionaria

How Do You Identify?:
Urban Bohemian : http://youtu.be/IM96Ch9Gx4A

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,249 Posts
Passionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST ReputationPassionaria Has the BEST Reputation

Do you mean email cards Nat? Or something different. I do like email cards, mostly because the paper ones get thrown away most times. LOL With the exception of a sentimental few, that I know anyway. But some think it's tacky, sigh I'm just not one of them.And they can be so funny and artistic!

As far as organizing tips I heard this from a woman that was a professional life organizer, and it works for me. "To keep all those little chores from piling up and becoming overwhelming, follow this rule: If it takes a minute or less to do, do it now."

Sounds so simple, but it encompasses a lot, and has big pay offs.

I look forward to reading everyone's tips.....

Pashi
Old 01-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 2,739 Times in 644 Posts
Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat View Post
I need to send my thank you cards still from the holidays. What I would LIKE is to send pretty snail mail thank you cards using the Internet. Mainly because I have a terrible time doing thank you cards. Any suggestions?

try here: https://www.sendoutcards.com/about/

There seem to be a few sights but they all reference back to SendOut. I've never tried it though so can't vouch for anything.
Tawse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
WomenMoveMe

How Do You Identify?:
I just wander about and be!
Relationship Status:
Caution: Dead End

Thanked 2,101 Times in 417 Posts
WomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST ReputationWomenMoveMe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Shortcuts for the...Lazy

I probably should not admit this...BUT...

When I know I am going to be wearing a jacket or vest or something like that, and am sure I will not be taking it off...I only iron the front of my shirt.

Lazy? Yes. Like to iron? No.
WomenMoveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WomenMoveMe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 05:36 AM   #5
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Tawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST ReputationTawse Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

What is this Iron you speak of??
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 05:49 AM   #6
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawse View Post
What is this Iron you speak of??
Don't know what one is either....I pay someone to do my ironing! LOL!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1QuirkyKiwi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #7
Tawse

How Do You Identify?:
TG Gender Queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Married

Member Photo Albums

my drier does mine.. if it doesn't get rid of all of them - I go wrinkled. Hmmm this may explain some looks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tawse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #8
1QuirkyKiwi

How Do You Identify?:
BBW. Unique femininity that does not encompass the western paradigm.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Anything Respectful!
Relationship Status:
Single, Happy, not Desparate or Looking, but Open to Possibilities...

Thanked 6,035 Times in 1,617 Posts
1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation1QuirkyKiwi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawse View Post
my drier does mine.. if it doesn't get rid of all of them - I go wrinkled. Hmmm this may explain some looks.
Wasn't the 'crinkled' look very 80s? LOL!

My drier is great for my cotton blouses, but, my Linen trousers come out looking like I've slept in them!

1QuirkyKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #9
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I am kind of old fashioned when it comes to short cuts and hiring others to do what I can easily do for myself. I just do it. LOL.

To me, to pay some else to do stuff I dont want or like to do just means I have to work harder and longer to pay for these services. The money I save doing it myself means a bigger bank account and more treats for me. Good incentive.

I will pay for the stuff I dont know how to do or that I suck at like sewing.

I like to combine distasteful tasks with stuff I do like to do. Football Sundays combines watching the tube along with precooking stuff for meals for the week. Is also good for the rare ironing, bill paying, thank you/birthday cards, laundry, reading a weeks worth of newspapers, flipping thru catalogues, plucking, tweezing and filing etc.

The one girlie thing I did get from Mom regards housework. Takes 15-20 minutes a day to keep up as opposed to hours to do a massive cleaning once a week.

And I am a list person. Make the list of what needs to get done during a week and figure how to combine trips or chores into the most practical routes and time saving sequences.

And when I am really being an obsessive little f*&^, I even prearrange the clothes in the closet so I dont have to waste time deciding what I will wear each day.

Works for me.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: