Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 04-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #21
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,881 Times in 1,487 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

My two babies Brittney and Elinore.
Just two 2 years old , both are sisters born 2-28-10

Brittney, Elinore & Jeanette we'er the chippetts. I named them after them , since my name is Jeanette.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #22
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfAKind View Post
I want to put a pic up of my baby thats on my computer. How do I do it??
The easiest way is to upload it to a site somewhere, right click the pic, then hit "copy image location". after this, you'll click the little yellow mountain looking button above and paste the address in the box that pops up. that will post your pic when you hit submit.

If you don't have facebook, or room in your album, or anywhere else to post your pic first, you can go to www.pictourl.com and upload your pic there to get a url to use for it.

Hope that helps! Feel free to message me if this is confusing.
thedivahrrrself is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #23
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,881 Times in 1,487 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

This a great store to visit when in New Orleans french quarter! Cant wait to go back. I got a lot of cute stuff.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #24
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default chi preferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
I have a chance to buy a chi pup, a long haired one. I would love to hear from folks about their preference of color and hair. I love our buff boi but also LOVE Isabel's coloring! What is that called? I dont care for the mixed colors, except in long hair. Love the black and whites long haired!

Do they get their ears cropped? Did I read that somewhere? I would not want that done. I dont even know if ours is cropped or natural!

He is tiny, less than 4 lbs.

I like short haired chi's. I don't like to fight with a dog to brush it. (some like it but some don't!) Isabel is a beautiful color, she was the only one in her litter that color (they were all black and tans). She is not quite "blue" (a rare and beautiful color), but it's close. "fawn" maybe? I'm not sure what her color is called.

NO, chis do not get their ears cropped. Some people will tape their dogs ears to make them stand up, but Newton is the only chi I've ever had whose ears didn't stand up on their own, and I love his little puppy ear look so I wouldn't change a thing.

I would (and many will disagree here) recommend getting their dewclaws cut. Yes, I'm sure it's painful when they are pups, but it's also painful when you have to clip them every few weeks, and even more painful if they curl into their paws. Talk to your vet about it. I've never done it, but I wish I had with Isabel. She is so difficult to clip, and the dewclaws are just horrendous.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #25
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,308 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Though I have two mixed bullies, I am loving looking everyone's adorable babies.

RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 08:17 PM   #26
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Tia View Post
I have a chance to buy a chi pup, a long haired one. I would love to hear from folks about their preference of color and hair. I love our buff boi but also LOVE Isabel's coloring! What is that called? I dont care for the mixed colors, except in long hair. Love the black and whites long haired!

Do they get their ears cropped? Did I read that somewhere? I would not want that done. I dont even know if ours is cropped or natural!

He is tiny, less than 4 lbs.
I say get an adult rescue! Too many dogs out there who need a loving home!

starryeyes, you need to get up a pic of your pup! That dog is awesome!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #27
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,622 Times in 3,976 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

you know, I dont know why I didnt think of that to begin with. I will only have rescue newfs, and always older ones. No one wants an older dog, but I do! I love my seniors! So I need to go check into the chi rescue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I say get an adult rescue! Too many dogs out there who need a loving home!

starryeyes, you need to get up a pic of your pup! That dog is awesome!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 08:32 PM   #28
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

My little guy, Oliver, became quite the ambassador for the breed. He's changed quite a few minds regarding the myths about Chihuahuas. Before meeting him, people would tell me that they didn't like the breed because they were yappy and nasty. Nothing can be further from the truth, as Oliver proved to them.

When I first got him, I worked in a dementia unit. I used to bring him to work with me, and I became a firm believer in pet therapy. I would watch people who wouldn't interact with, acknowlege, or talk to other people light up when they saw him. A woman who I never heard speak in the two years I worked there, would hold entire conversations with Oliver.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 10:10 PM   #29
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

always2late, that is such a Good story about your Oliver. He's a handsome lad.

By the way, I just posted a photo of my chihuahua in my gallery. I couldn't get it to fit in here.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #30
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Oliver and my big girl Molly, who I lost this year. Before she passed, these two were inseparable and SO in love with each other!

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2012, 12:45 AM   #31
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default I just had to put up one more pic:)

This is me and my sister Emma

SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #32
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

can't get enough of the pics! adorable!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #33
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

always2late, you asked about Kevin being mastiff. I adopted him from our local Humane Shelter and took him straight to my vet for a full physical in SEP 2010. She said she believed him to be close to a year old and a mixture of mastiff and pitbull. He is not tall like a mastiff. Kevin is short, very broad-chested and stocky. My vet indicated it is his face which resembles the mastiff breed. His personality is definitely mastiff - very mild mannered, sweet and easygoing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #34
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

thedivahrrrself,
Wondering if your little Newton ever slides off in his sleep when he is atop your Ms. Maggie???

In the 90s, I had a tiny chi mixed with terrier. She was the runt in her litter. The Baby Gracie would sleep on top of my Rottewiler. So funny to watch the Baby go slowly up and down in rhythm with Robin's breathing. Sometimes she would slide off and not even wake up. Pure entertainment!

By the way ... if anyone is interested in seeing my "other chihuahua" - I loaded her photo in my gallery a short while ago. LOL!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #35
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
thedivahrrrself,
Wondering if your little Newton ever slides off in his sleep when he is atop your Ms. Maggie???

In the 90s, I had a tiny chi mixed with terrier. She was the runt in her litter. The Baby Gracie would sleep on top of my Rottewiler. So funny to watch the Baby go slowly up and down in rhythm with Robin's breathing. Sometimes she would slide off and not even wake up. Pure entertainment!

By the way ... if anyone is interested in seeing my "other chihuahua" - I loaded her photo in my gallery a short while ago. LOL!
Newton has this incredible talent for holding on even while sleeping. Sometimes, he'll sleep on my thigh, with his legs on either side, and even when I roll to my side, he manages to hold on! I keep wondering if I could teach him to log roll with those skills!
Old 04-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #36
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Oliver and his new "girlfriend", our latest rescued pitbull, Brooklyn.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #37
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
OMG, please post the "breading" picture here! ROFLMAO
As requested...here is Killer the Breaded Chihuahua. The breading craze is over, but the memories live on! And since cats were the intended target of the breading phase, I cut cat ears into the bread. To add to the absurdity, I had actually *baked* the bread that morning...lol.

Killer was very confused by the whole process of positioning food on his face, but in the end, he behaved like the top model that he is- anything to get that perfect shot.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:47 AM   #38
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

I was asked to bring this over here lol i didn't know we had a chi thread !

this is Bear she is 6 1/2 years of age I rescued her at 3 weeks old, she is most certainly my little Butch, she hikes her leg and pees on trees, tops every other dog she can and her best friend is a Great Pyrenees.

this is her at a couple of months, I bottle fed her and often time she nursed my neck because she was taken from her momma at 3 weeks...I wasnt sure she would make it however was more than happy to pay the guy i got her from just to save her life.

this is her as of yesterday with her best friend

and then lol this always cracks me up when they are together

My pup isn't yappy either and she doesn't shiver like others i have seen...I think its all in how a pup is raised.

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 11:43 AM   #39
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default gaea

Isn't this thread fun? I love your baby. Isabel was a big Top too. She pees with one leg up and is the bossiest 5 pounds of flesh I've ever seen!

My cousin went to visit my ex (I know, traitor...), and he said they took Isabel to the bar with them. The bartender gave her a little piece of cheese, and after that she went back to the bar and barked to order more cheese. LOL She got her cheese, over and over again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2012, 11:53 AM   #40
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedivahrrrself View Post
Isn't this thread fun? I love your baby. Isabel was a big Top too. She pees with one leg up and is the bossiest 5 pounds of flesh I've ever seen!

My cousin went to visit my ex (I know, traitor...), and he said they took Isabel to the bar with them. The bartender gave her a little piece of cheese, and after that she went back to the bar and barked to order more cheese. LOL She got her cheese, over and over again.
my pup is bossy as well....her favorite activity is to play catch with me while im showering. she is all of 5 lbs and takes over 1/2 a queen size bed as well

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post: