Old 05-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #1
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Knight in shining armour.
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Merlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST Reputation

Yuck to marmite*speets*
Old 05-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Yuck to marmite*speets*
Ya poof! Marmite puts 'airs on yer chest man!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #3
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Merlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST ReputationMerlin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post
Ya poof! Marmite puts 'airs on yer chest man!

Ha .. Don't need em .. Butch enough =p
Old 05-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #4
Merlin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Spoken for

Have any of you americans had a fry up or a Sunday dinner ??
Old 05-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #5
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,618 Times in 1,559 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I make a goooood sunday roast, my former mother-in-law taught me how to disguise the parsnips as roast potatoes too.

I'm not fan of milky tea, and I detest instant coffee...but I managed just fine in blighty.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:33 PM   #6
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
I make a goooood sunday roast, my former mother-in-law taught me how to disguise the parsnips as roast potatoes too.

I'm not fan of milky tea, and I detest instant coffee...but I managed just fine in blighty.
Roast parsnips are yum and a must with Sunday lunch.

Now here we get what I think is a funny usage of UK English...

Do you 'mericans (to include all the races and nationalities who inhabit North America where this website is based) have dinner at lunch-time and tea at dinner time? Or is it always lunch in the middle of the day and dinner or supper at the end of the day?

Merlin I bet you have dinner and tea don't ya? I do at home but with Un-Mrs.I we have lunch and dinner.

How about you other Brits here too?
Old 05-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Do you 'mericans (to include all the races and nationalities who inhabit North America where this website is based) have dinner at lunch-time and tea at dinner time? Or is it always lunch in the middle of the day and dinner or supper at the end of the day?
I grew up always having lunch in the middle of the day, supper as the evening meal, and "dinner" only when it was formal--like the lunchtime "Sunday dinner." Tea time, as I understand it, is earlier than supper time; supper was always after work, so anywhere between 5:30 and 7 p.m.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bit For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #8
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,618 Times in 1,559 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Merlin I bet you have dinner and tea don't ya? I do at home but with Un-Mrs.I we have lunch and dinner.

I love parsnips too. But my former partner and her sisters did not, hence the incognito.

On holidays and Sundays I have dinner late-midday and occasionally tea (tea the meal, not the drink in the evening. Otherwise it is breakfast/lunch & dinner. Or brunch & supper on the weekends when time and schedules are more fluid.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #9
Starbuck

How Do You Identify?:
Soft Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 2,148 Times in 756 Posts
Starbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST ReputationStarbuck Has the BEST Reputation
Default Meal names and tea times

Quote:

This one is a funny disagreement between my dad and myself. He calls the three meals breakfast-dinner-supper.
I USED to call it that until I went into the Army and was "retrained" to call it breakfast-lunch-dinner...and you can have tea with any meal you want. I usually drink iced tea (no sweetner) unless I'm sick then it's hot tea with honey.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #10
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,877 Times in 1,485 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Not anymore! frying is bad for you .
But Sunday fried chicken yum. Use to too make that alot, with mashed potatoes.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:47 PM   #11
Bit

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme
Relationship Status:
married to Gryph

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,264 Posts
Bit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST ReputationBit Has the BEST Reputation

What's a "fry up"?

Formal Sunday dinner here used to be almost a cultural icon, but I think most people today probably are more casual.

Marmite sounds rather... um... powerful.

I've been enjoying the thread; thank you for starting it, Merlin.
Bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:43 AM   #12
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,766 Times in 1,142 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

I grew up eating an Ulster fry on weekends and holidays but my family is Irish (Antrim). We also added fried potatoes with onion because it wasn't heart attackie enough, lol.

Quote:
Have any of you Americans had a fry up or a Sunday dinner ??

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary

Last edited by Venus007; 05-10-2011 at 05:46 AM.
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post: