Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 04-01-2016, 07:15 PM   #3001
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
When does it stop? Will you be doing 2003 squats one day?
In 5.02 years from now. In case anyone else was wondering...
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2016, 10:00 PM   #3002
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

Have been in PowerShell training the last three days ... it is way over on the other side of the building ( be like walking 2 blocks one way, 4 round trip)

I walked back and forth numerous times each day ... Joshua was delivering my new work station but did not give me a time ... so I kept checking on it during breaks and lunch. Then it was there late yesterday. Continued to walk back and forth to admire it. It's a fairly hopped up gadgie. The one I had had become aged and unpredictable. Time for oldone to go to computer graveyard!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2016, 05:37 AM   #3003
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
In 5.02 years from now. In case anyone else was wondering...
I knew you would know.

lol

The good news is that GandG will have the strongest legs in this place.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2016, 05:26 PM   #3004
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Day 18: 200 Squats. It's only a 30 day challenge, something I saw on Pinterest and I wanted to see if I could do it or not? I tend to be lazy when it comes to exercise so I honestly didn't think I would even make it a week! LOL!
Old 04-02-2016, 06:01 PM   #3005
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,461 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

Ran around in the woods playing paintball with some energetic and crazy people. Was good exercise.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:13 AM   #3006
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good workout this morning!

Warm up: Technogym elliptical
130 cal, .58 mi, 15:00 min

Body: head to toe circuit weight training
35-ish minutes

Coming around the bend: abs
5-ish minutes

Cool down: stretching on the mat
10-ish minutes

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2016, 07:01 PM   #3007
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

I had to share.
Old 04-09-2016, 08:39 AM   #3008
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I had a good, hard workout this morning, exercisers.

Honestly, I struggled today but I got through it and did pretty good. Last night, I ate very late so I only had a salad and I had a banana this morning so there was absolutely no protein in my system at all and I think that hurt my performance a bit.

I'm doing weight training tomorrow so I only did cardio today.

Precor EFX576i elliptical, total body program
320.0 cal, 2.57 mi, 4423 strides, 35:00 min

From there, I hit the mat and stretched for about 10 minutes.

I made a decision. I like the new gym because of the training program, the classes and their cardio machines but I only like some of their weight/circuit training machines. I loved all of the machines at my old gym. My old gym is currently running a promotion to sign up for a dollar, so I went in.

The girl at the front desk remembered me and we talked about the options available. The prime membership now comes with a fit tracker and you can sync everything at the gym. I thought it was really cool but they are stopping the sale of the trackers when they run out of their supply plus there was a charge for it. They will still keep the sync stations at the gym but I didn't want the more expensive membership and I didn't want to pay for the tracker, although it's really cool what they have set up, and I wasn't sure how long they would keep the tracker stations in the gym so I stuck to my guns and went with the basic membership. The girl will give me a call when they have a better promotion and I can cancel this one and start the next.

It's a tiny bit more money per month but I'm more likely to use the machines if I enjoy them and I'm not the best at free weights so this is a reasonable solution for now. If I'm feeling especially lazy, I can hit the closer gym and if I have training or want classes, it's not much farther to go to the other one. The one drawback is that I'll have two 'maintenance' fees now instead of one.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2016, 06:53 PM   #3009
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I am still sore from Sunday's weight workout so I opted for a cardio workout today.

Life Fitness treadmill T34, random program, level 3
212 cal, 1.86 mi, 35:00 min

I stretched for about 10 minutes after that.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:49 AM   #3010
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Short workout today, exercisers.

I warmed up on a Life Fitness elliptical using the random program.
61 cal, .42 mi, 7:00 min

Then I did lower body weight training for about half an hour or so followed by about 10 minutes of stretching. Somewhere in the mix, I did about 5 minutes of ab work.

I tweaked my wrist the last time I did upper body stuff so I just stuck with the bottom half until my body can resolve whatever it is that I did to it.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2016, 07:50 AM   #3011
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Good morning, exercisers.

I made it to gym #2 this morning as I anticipated a weighted workout. I forgot my gloves again. I now have 2 pair and I still forgot one of them. Geez.

I persevered, though.

Last night, I had a craptastic dinner. The only thing remotely healthy was the two apples I had but then I dunked them in caramel sauce so it is what it is. It definitely affected my performance, even with fueling up with a good banana and some reduced fat peanut butter this morning.

Warm up: 18 minutes on the Life Fitness treadmill #35
87 cal, .81 mi

Then I did the 30 minute circuit training machines except I ignored the light and didn't do any of the cardio in there. I did one set of 15 for the lower body and 2 sets of 12 for the upper body, which was my focus for the workout. I also did some ab work. All in all, about 40 minutes worth.

Then I stretched really good for about 10-12 minutes. Every once in a while my tricep on the right wants to seize up and it was being contentious today but I worked through it and stretched it a little extra. Seems fine now.

I have some house work and organization to handle before the end of the day so I'll get a chance to get a little more time for caloric burn in today as well.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:03 AM   #3012
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Is anyone still out there?

Anywho, I made it to gym #2 this morning.

Warm up: B6 Life Fitness recumbent bike, random program, level 3
91 cal, 3.14 mi, 18 min

Body: approximately 30 minutes weight/circuit training, lower body plus abs
3 sets of 15 reps for each machine

Cool down: about 10 minutes of stretching on the mat

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-19-2016, 10:07 AM   #3013
RanchHand

How Do You Identify?:
Gender Fluid

RanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST ReputationRanchHand Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Hike from Hell

On friday, three of us embarked on the hike from hell which ended monday. We averaged approximately 17 miles a day, carried 40 pound packs, went from 60 degrees to snow levels and back down to very warm weather. We had to carry all our food and water in which we brought too much food but it was great to know we had a very nice variety of food to choose from when we made camp. We slept in hammocks w/ tarps, left the tent behind, we had no connections (cell phones, GPS, nothing) and it was great!

Today, my legs feel like spaghetti. My back is a bit sore, everything else feels great. I fell two times, I took care of my injuries immeadiately which helped to finish the hike. Like I said above, we took too much food which adds weight, but we ate really well and with a great environment made for a great trip with my friends.
RanchHand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RanchHand For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2016, 06:31 AM   #3014
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Last day off this week so I got a good workout in this morning.

Warm up: Life Fitness E21, random program, level 3
164 cal, 1.30 mi, 18:00 min

Body: approximately 30 minutes of upper body weight training and ab work

Cool down: 10-12 minutes of stretching on the mat and the stretch bars

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:06 AM   #3015
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I hiked for about 2 hours...first half uphill second half obviously down hill..

I have noticed that down hill is getting easier. I've always had issues with it my entire life but my thighs and knees are getting stronger as my frequency of getting out there increases...and I'm feeling more certain of my footing as my new favorite Hiking spot becomes more familiar...
Old 04-20-2016, 11:01 AM   #3016
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I hiked for about 2 hours...first half uphill second half obviously down hill..

I have noticed that down hill is getting easier. I've always had issues with it my entire life but my thighs and knees are getting stronger as my frequency of getting out there increases...and I'm feeling more certain of my footing as my new favorite Hiking spot becomes more familiar...
I've found that if you fall downhill, it's definitely faster.

Good on you!

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:36 PM   #3017
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I've found that if you fall downhill, it's definitely faster.

Good on you!
Yeah, but when you fall uphill, while it feels pretty stupid at the time, produces a much softer landing.

Of course I made that up because it's never happened to meeee...
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2016, 05:03 PM   #3018
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Lol I was thinking the same thing Kelt. Falling going uphill is far better than down...at least in theory..if I were the falling type...ahem

In other news...I've taken to jogging on the trail. I find it super easy and much funner than running on pavement. Prolly easier on joints too eh? The dogs seem to enjoy it too...

I could become a trail runner. Whodve thunk it??
Old 04-21-2016, 05:20 AM   #3019
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I'm glad that you've found something new that is more fun for you, Cinn. You are right; running on dirt and forest debris is better for your joints. Less jarring.

No workout now but I'm sure I'll get some manual labor in at work today. Also, I'll be putting together some things so all the huffing and puffing and cussing from that will burn a few extra calories.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:49 AM   #3020
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I had a good workout at the gym. It's been a week since I've been there and it was a bit rough but I made it through.

Warm up: Life Fitness treadmill, random program
75 cal, .65 mi, 15:00 min

Body: 35-40 minutes of lower body weight training and ab work

Cool down: 10 minutes of stretching

As a side note, I thinks it's weirdly cool that I can do the same amount of weight on my calves as my quads. I have super calves!!!!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights