Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 12-29-2019, 10:24 AM   #4801
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Go Georgia! Nice work on your step count.

I'm like Gemme today, got some stuff to do around the house (manicure, trim and color my hair, dishes …). I have a small count started today already. Yesterday my count was around 5K+. I earned a Step Badge last Thursday when my count went past 10K and on Friday, I sailed past 11K. Hence why today is Slug-Muffin Sunday

The best part of my day is checking in on Nycfem's exercise thread because I feel everyone is so supportive and it helps me to recommit each day to doing the best I can.

Here's to Joe Cocker's I Get By With a Little Help From My (exercise) Friends (1969).

Here's wishing all of you a fabulous week ahead and to also wish all of you a Happy New Years Eve. GoOooOooOoo 2020!

<<<<<<<<~~ Sunday Sundae Femme Woo-Woo to all.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2019, 08:25 PM   #4802
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

7500 steps so far today!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2019, 05:32 PM   #4803
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday I only had 735 steps. But, I got a lot done - it was just stuff that required mostly sitting. I was packing boxes and bags, so it was active. I feel pretty good about yesterday's activity level.

Today I've got 548 steps, but it will be awhile before I get to bed. I'll do some extra walking, 50 steps at a time, if I need to, to get to 800.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2019, 08:13 PM   #4804
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
. . . I'll do some extra walking, 50 steps at a time, if I need to, to get to 800.
847 steps!

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2019, 09:50 PM   #4805
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

9569 right now. I'll hit 10,000 by bedtime.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 05:06 AM   #4806
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I need to catch up on my exercise record. None today. But here's probably the last of 2019:

Dec. 18: 8,500K
Dec. 19: 10K (sick but work had to be done)
Dec. 20: 12,700K (Wow, and I was sick that day but just crazy busy at work!)
Dec. 29: 8K

We shall see what the New Year brings!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 08:20 AM   #4807
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

I'm sorry to hear you've been sick, nycfem, but I hope you begin to feel better soon.

So last Wednesday, the day of Christmas, is the day I got my Fitbit Light as a prezzie. So my weekly results run between Wed to Wed.

Here is what my Fitbit email said, earlier this morning:

Total steps since last Wednesday: 34,926.
Average daily steps: 4,929.
Best day was last Friday: 11,370 steps.
Total miles: 15.91
Daily average calorie burn: 3,641
Interesting bonus item: I am down 1 pound since last week.

I think it's interesting that it says that my caloric burn was over 3600. I am lucky if I consume about 1800 calories in any given day. I do have to stay on top of water consumption because staying hydrated helps my body process medications I take and it helps me to have clear thinking powers. So I drink a lot of water, but I still feel I am not getting enough water.

The data collected by my Fitbit is nearly as accurate as it can be, minus the times I don't wear it, which I take it off once I get home from work. My step numbers might be a tiny bit higher, but not by much because once I get home from work, I am exhausted from being on my feet all day long. So I rest because I seriously need to.

Same here, nycfem, we shall see how things turn out, as the new year progresses.

Here's to 2020.

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 08:46 PM   #4808
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Katz, it sounds like the calorie burn feature is way off, even if it's taking your total calorie burn for each day into consideration.

Here's a chart that breaks down the average caloric burn from a pedometer.

I'm working to increase my water intake as well and have done a lot of research on this! A good rule of thumb is to divide your weight in half and that's the amount of ounces you should be taking in daily. A 200 lb person should be drinking 100 ounces of water, 100% fruit juice and Gatorade (or other similar electrolyte drink) daily. If someone drinks something with caffeine (soda, tea, coffee), you need to drink 2 cups of water for every 1 cup of that beverage you take in because caffeine dehydrates you.

Also, and I think this part won't apply to you, Katz, as you tend to eat very healthy but eating fatty foods leaches water from your body as it takes more water to process the food and break it down. So those eating that type of food need even more water.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2019, 11:43 PM   #4809
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Katz, it sounds like the calorie burn feature is way off, even if it's taking your total calorie burn for each day into consideration.

Here's a chart that breaks down the average caloric burn from a pedometer.

I'm working to increase my water intake as well and have done a lot of research on this! A good rule of thumb is to divide your weight in half and that's the amount of ounces you should be taking in daily. A 200 lb person should be drinking 100 ounces of water, 100% fruit juice and Gatorade (or other similar electrolyte drink) daily. If someone drinks something with caffeine (soda, tea, coffee), you need to drink 2 cups of water for every 1 cup of that beverage you take in because caffeine dehydrates you.

Also, and I think this part won't apply to you, Katz, as you tend to eat very healthy but eating fatty foods leaches water from your body as it takes more water to process the food and break it down. So those eating that type of food need even more water.
I think you are correct because A) I mis-quoted the number for the caloric burn (it's 2641, not 3641) and B) here is the copy and paste of how the Fitbit email stated it:

avg. daily calorie burn
▲ 713 cals. over last week

It's confusing. But I think your link to the pedometer conversion chart is spot on!

Thanks Doll!

_____ ______
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2020, 09:42 AM   #4810
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I think you are correct because A) I mis-quoted the number for the caloric burn (it's 2641, not 3641) and B) here is the copy and paste of how the Fitbit email stated it:

avg. daily calorie burn
▲ 713 cals. over last week

It's confusing. But I think your link to the pedometer conversion chart is spot on!

Thanks Doll!
That makes more sense!

I got in over 9500 steps yesterday and am at 600 steps so far this morning but that's with me sleeping in and just staying in the living area and kitchen.

It's been a super chill day for me so far.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:29 PM   #4811
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I went to the gym today, and it wasn't as crowded as one might think which was refreshing. Maybe because I went in the evening. Who knows.

I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster. Pattern:

Levels 5,4,3,2,1, 2 minutes each level x 2 sets

Levels 5,4,3, 2,1, one minute each level, x 1 set

Level 1 x 5 minutes

My heart rate was up to the 160s. It was a rigorous work-out but very satisfying.

Then I did 30 minutes on the weight floor doing stretches, kettleballs, yoga, and ab and back exercises.

It really felt good to get back in the gym. I haven't really done much in the gym for the 4 months that I've been at my job, and I could certainly feel it.

I'm hoping I am making a comeback

How do I... ?
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2020, 06:36 PM   #4812
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Only 565 steps today, but I think that's because I spent most of the day lying in bed hurting, and also dreading going back to work tomorrow. Well, dreading is too strong a word - more like resigned.

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 06:27 PM   #4813
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Another day of hurting all over, because of this awful rain. 686 steps, though. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night, too.

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 09:26 PM   #4814
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

I spent most of the day on the phone so I'm only up to 3226 steps today.

I hope that you feel better soon, Georgia!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2020, 10:05 PM   #4815
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

I sure do know about the pain factor, it's hard on me (most days). I hope your pain subsides soon, Georgia.

I logged over 10K again today. But it was only because I have been on a holiday schedule at work, covering for a person who will be back tomorrow, thank heavens. Looking at the past few days of the recorded steps I have done, it looks like only three of the five work days I am logging over 10K. On the other days at work, I log about 5-7K steps. New Years day I only had 22, but that's because I took it off and recharged the Fitbit, for the rest of the week. I'm guessing I only logged about 1K steps because I too was hurting (Lumbar section and legs and feet) and I was good to myself and rested a lot.

I spoke earlier about my sister-in-law mentioning about signing up for pool time at a nearby rec center and I am going to put that on my To-Do list, so I can go to the pool on the weekends, right after I do laundry and household catch-up chores on the weekends. I hope to add that cachet of exercise experience to my portfolio of activities by early March. I got my swim suit and pool booties (for my feet), so I am good to go once I pay for my spring and summer pool pass. I'm looking forward to that. And achieving the ability to bicycle further than the parking lot. I can only ride around the parking lot at home, for short periods of time because I still have balance issues and I need to strengthen my leg muscles and upper torso muscles so I can respond quickly when I need to bring the bike to a halt, etc. That is my long range goal, riding my bike for longer periods of time, by summer, is what I hope to achieve. We'll see. Slow and safe wins the proverbial race, right now in my life.

Sending wellness wishes to Georgia and Nycfem and anyone else who is feeling under the weather lately. Here's hoping all of you feel better soon.

_____ ______
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 07:49 PM   #4816
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,736 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

After dealing with 3 family members in hospice over the last 6 year and extensive remodel of my house... its me time. So I joined my gym. Ive got many years of being a gym rat for my career.....
But I let that slide as my priorities had to change.

So today, "day one" definitely did try to not even do what I used to. 30 mins treadmill. Then I did a circuit on the machines doing 2 sets on many body parts,knowing tomorrow will come a bit of pain.

I document what I do as that is old habits.Will update you all on my progress/journey.

It felt great!
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2020, 08:00 PM   #4817
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

No exercise to speak of, really. I did get some steps in while walking through Michael's. I got a gift card for Christmas and I burned that thing tonight. I think I'll get around 5k by night's end.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:31 PM   #4818
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

887 steps today! We're supposed to get some sun and nice weather this weekend, so I'm hoping to get out some.

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2020, 07:18 PM   #4819
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

On Thursday I walked 9K and did an hour at the gym: 45 minutes on the stairmaster, and 15 minutes of stretching and yoga.

I am still sick, but it's actually been helping me to go to the gym --not that it makes it easy! Today my fave stairmaster was in use so I was doomed to the Matrix stairmaster which I hate. I did 30 minutes with my heart rate in the 160s. It was grueling! I also couldn't find anything to watch on Netflix that I liked, so that made it much harder. Then I did 30 minutes on the weight floor. I lifted weights which I haven't done in months and that was energizing.

I ran into my 80 year old pal, Miriam. She was just getting over being sick. I said, "What were you sick with? Did you have a cold or the flu?" She said in her ornery style, "Everyone wants to put a label on being sick! Who cares! I was sick!" It sounds from what she described like it was a bad cold, lol. I saw her slip some money to the lowest paid level of gym staffers for the New Year so who can do anything but love Miriam

How do I... ?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2020, 10:14 PM   #4820
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,736 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Day 2 at the gym. 35 min on treadmill. decided to increase it 5min a day.

Slow increases. Lifted leg and upper body.
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights