Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 09-03-2018, 09:08 AM   #4041
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I got another good elliptical workout in this morning before heading to the store.

Stats: 262 cal, 2.42 mi, 35:00 min

My cool down was the hour I spent shopping!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2018, 05:29 PM   #4042
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 8,588 Times in 1,857 Posts
Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopsie View Post

As for me I was on the treadmill yesterday for 30 minutes. When I went on Tuesday I tried to speed up some but it started hurting my bad knee. So I had to slow back down to a little bit faster than tortoise speed. I decided yesterday that if I couldn't be a hare, then I was going to be a mountain goat. I increased my incline every five minutes as a way to give myself a challenge. It went pretty well!

This was my first time at the gym since last Thursday. I had a bad migraine on Sunday that bled over into Monday. And then my tummy was feeling terrible this morning so I decided not to try anything new tonight. But it felt good to be back at the gym.

I also noted a very large gun show going on at the front of the room tonight. I'm not sure what the occasion was but there were a lot more men lifting weights then there were on previous Tuesday nights at 5:30 pm. I was glad to see a few women joining in on the gun show.

Thankfully there was a good episode of Chopped on that I could watch while I worked out. Tonight it was the Teenager Edition which I thought it made it more interesting - they seem very willing to take risks!
Mopsie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2018, 06:26 PM   #4043
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Prince anchored my walking exercise today....

I walked so much today. Probably for over 3 hours, intermittently.

And all the while, I was listening to all of the songs by Prince on my phone.

When Doves Cry kicked off my exercise pursuit today.

But my walking ended when The Beautiful Ones faded slowly as I was returning to my car, after walking all over the down town area.

It was an Purple Rain kind of day, for me, today.

Calories burned off: Probably a bazillion.
Body pain is off the charts, but I'm okay.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2018, 07:34 PM   #4044
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

30 min. on the stairmaster yesterday, and same today.

I'm watching a Netflix Original series "I am a Killer." What a terrible title but a very well-done show. Interviews with those on death row, including their families and victims' families and life stories. Very moving and thought-provoking.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2018, 07:50 AM   #4045
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation
Default New start

Nothing to report at this moment (well, 100 steps on my stepper, but the day is far from over yet!), but I'm committing to try to do at least 300 steps on my stepper, 3 short sessions with my light dumbells and one Pilates session each day, from today onwards.
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2018, 11:31 AM   #4046
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,513 Times in 3,156 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday we did a lot of deep cleaning and I'm still sore from that but when J (oldest son's gf) comes over today I'm going to walk up and down the stairs until I start to feel winded and then call it a day.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2018, 01:15 PM   #4047
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

300 steps and 3 sets with the dumbells done. Had to limit how much Pilates I did due to a sore back, but I did some.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2018, 08:14 AM   #4048
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Mopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST ReputationMopsie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
I walked so much today. Probably for over 3 hours, intermittently.

And all the while, I was listening to all of the songs by Prince on my phone.

When Doves Cry kicked off my exercise pursuit today.

But my walking ended when The Beautiful Ones faded slowly as I was returning to my car, after walking all over the down town area.

It was an Purple Rain kind of day, for me, today.

Calories burned off: Probably a bazillion.
Body pain is off the charts, but I'm okay.
I'm glad you're okay and I have to tell you that Purple Rain the album always makes me think of learning how to drive stick shift. I listened to that album all the time in my car when I was sixteen. We had this huge hill that I was always getting stuck at a stoplight on and I was always praying that I could get it to go into first without backing into the person behind me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
Nothing to report at this moment (well, 100 steps on my stepper, but the day is far from over yet!), but I'm committing to try to do at least 300 steps on my stepper, 3 short sessions with my light dumbells and one Pilates session each day, from today onwards.
Yay Esme! Glad you're sharing your progress with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Yesterday we did a lot of deep cleaning and I'm still sore from that but when J (oldest son's gf) comes over today I'm going to walk up and down the stairs until I start to feel winded and then call it a day.
You know there's another option... Instead of doing the stairs you can come clean my place. Actually I think that's an awesome at home workout!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As for me I worked out last night at the gym and did the treadmill again. I decided to try adding 5 minutes to my routine and continued on with my mountain goat theme. The only downside was that I saw the first couple of minutes of the next chopped show and got hooked and wanted to stay to watch it. But there's no way I could have done a whole nother hour on the treadmill cuz my legs were noodly already! There was a gun show going on again at the gym so maybe everybody's just back from vacation. I have also figured out that I have a favorite treadmill which I was surprised to discover. I feel like I would like to put my name on it but I suppose that's not allowed.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2018, 01:39 PM   #4049
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Second day of 3x100 steps on the stepper, 3 sets with the dumbells, and a little gentle Pilates.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2018, 02:45 PM   #4050
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,513 Times in 3,156 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I feel good about today. J is out of town and not here to help so it would have been easy to make excuses and just sit parked in front the computer all day. I made myself get up, push past the I don't wanna, and got moving. I've lost a couple more pounds but even so I've been finding myself doing a lot of negative self talk. It's hard to keep plodding along. I know that's the best strategy for losing weight and keeping it off – slow and steady wins the race, but sometimes I still guilt trip myself for not working harder.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2018, 05:09 PM   #4051
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

As for me I worked out last night at the gym and did the treadmill again. I decided to try adding 5 minutes to my routine and continued on with my mountain goat theme. The only downside was that I saw the first couple of minutes of the next chopped show and got hooked and wanted to stay to watch it. But there's no way I could have done a whole nother hour on the treadmill cuz my legs were noodly already! There was a gun show going on again at the gym so maybe everybody's just back from vacation. I have also figured out that I have a favorite treadmill which I was surprised to discover. I feel like I would like to put my name on it but I suppose that's not allowed.

Hey, just move to a recumbent bike. You can sit down, watch the show and pedal as fast or slow as you want but you are still--technically--working out.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2018, 08:57 AM   #4052
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

After several consecutive days shorting myself of sleep, I got a full night's sleep last night...thank goodness. I needed it!

I woke up after having not moved around much during 9 hours so my back was tight and I was a little stiff. No circuit training for me today. I love my elliptical because it's so versatile and helps me work kinks like this pesky stiffness out so obvs I hopped on it today.

Stats: 235 cal, 196 mi, 35:00 min

I kept a steady pace but didn't push. I just wanted to get loose and burn some calories. My pace average was 17:51 minutes per mile, which is a bit slower than I usually do.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2018, 08:42 AM   #4053
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Another workout this morning.

Stats: 90 cal, .65 mi, 10:00 min on the elliptical.

Then I moved onto circuit training for about 40-45 minutes and ended with several minutes on the mat, stretching.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:38 AM   #4054
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday....

I hiked for over 6 hours. A lot of uphill. Some bushwacking (it should burn more calories; it’s so arduous)

After that I geocached til dark. Most were park and grabs (where you pretty much drive up to it) but some took some walking. 300+ft x 2 adds up.

I’m pleasantly sore today. I’m also determined to do this more oftener. My soul just needs it.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:26 PM   #4055
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Yesterday I kept up my little regimen, but today I was helping at a local dogshow held in a park, helping with setup and takedown, as well as manning the desk for the little competitions that were run. I suspect i burned rather more calories today than usual!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2018, 01:25 PM   #4056
Mopsie

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female ones
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Hey, just move to a recumbent bike. You can sit down, watch the show and pedal as fast or slow as you want but you are still--technically--working out.
Great minds think alike! I looked around to see if I could do just that thing when I finished on the treadmill but unfortunately the TVs near the bikes were not showing my show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
Yesterday....

I hiked for over 6 hours. A lot of uphill. Some bushwacking (it should burn more calories; it’s so arduous)

After that I geocached til dark. Most were park and grabs (where you pretty much drive up to it) but some took some walking. 300+ft x 2 adds up.

I’m pleasantly sore today. I’m also determined to do this more oftener. My soul just needs it.
I don't know what bushwhacking is but it sounds exhausting! I'm sure it burns more calories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme nha Maire View Post
Yesterday I kept up my little regimen, but today I was helping at a local dogshow held in a park, helping with setup and takedown, as well as manning the desk for the little competitions that were run. I suspect i burned rather more calories today than usual!
Oh my gosh getting your exercise while getting to spend time with dogs seems like the best way to do it! How fun!

Today I went to the gym and thought I might attempt to get on the elliptical.

I learned that I am but a small grasshopper and cannot yet attempt such a feat. I was on there about 3 minutes when my muscles were screaming, "Get off! Get off!" That will have to be a goal for me to achieve in the future.

So I went back to my beloved treadmill.

Today I walked 35 minutes and made it to Incline level seven. Woot! I don't know if it was the three minutes on the elliptical or the going to Incline level seven but I had extremely noodly legs that felt like they were not attached to my body once I got done with my workout.

Maybe next Sunday I will try the rowing machine that might be more my speed.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mopsie For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2018, 02:24 PM   #4057
cricket26

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
must be love on the brain

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,297 Posts
cricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputationcricket26 Has the BEST Reputation

1 hour on the treadmill 7500 steps

cricket26 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cricket26 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2018, 05:32 PM   #4058
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Great minds think alike! I looked around to see if I could do just that thing when I finished on the treadmill but unfortunately the TVs near the bikes were not showing my show.

Most places will change it for you if you ask!

I don't know what bushwhacking is but it sounds exhausting! I'm sure it burns more calories!

Oh my gosh getting your exercise while getting to spend time with dogs seems like the best way to do it! How fun!

Today I went to the gym and thought I might attempt to get on the elliptical.

I learned that I am but a small grasshopper and cannot yet attempt such a feat. I was on there about 3 minutes when my muscles were screaming, "Get off! Get off!" That will have to be a goal for me to achieve in the future.

It's easier than you might think and is actually more gentle on your joints than slamming your feet onto the treadmill but technique makes or breaks you and not all ellipticals are equal. You will get there, grasshopper.

So I went back to my beloved treadmill.

Today I walked 35 minutes and made it to Incline level seven. Woot! I don't know if it was the three minutes on the elliptical or the going to Incline level seven but I had extremely noodly legs that felt like they were not attached to my body once I got done with my workout.

Incline 7? That's awesome!!!

Maybe next Sunday I will try the rowing machine that might be more my speed.

lol

The rowing machine is much harder than the elliptical, even if you are sitting down. It's a full body workout because you're engaging your core, arms and legs at the same time. I get winded after about 5 minutes at a normal pace and at about 2 minutes at a faster pace.

I like the 3rd video the best. The guy's personable and he shows you ways to fix the mistakes that make sense.

Now, I didn't watch every second of each of the videos so it may have been addressed but if you row, don't lock your knees. Locking your knees in exercises will inhibit blood flow and could, over a continuous period, cause a drop in blood pressure, which means night night, which is not good.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 09-10-2018, 12:17 PM   #4059
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

4x100 steps today and 4 sets of dumbell exercises. No Pilates because of aching side muscles, but I did some gentle stretching exercises.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2018, 06:37 PM   #4060
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Yesterday I did 30 minutes on the stairmaster, and today I did the same but followed it with 30 minutes on the weight floor (weights, stretching, abs, etc).

Prior to yesterday (Sunday), I had not exercised since Tuesday. Last week was my first week of school, and it was a rough week. I had my period and I had tried increasing my antidepressant (I lowered it back to my regular dose), so everything was just off with me. Luckily I am off today and Tuesday due to the Jewish holidays, so I can continue getting my groove back.

I saw the best friend of the perfect daughter today. Her name is Hilary (with one "L"). She's an interesting character. She does double work-outs, something I've always thought sounded cool and maybe will try out some day. She goes to the gym twice a day. Needless to say she is one of the regulars. She likes to go in the sauna with Taylor, the faster. And she and the perfect daughter study their college materials together in the locker room. So anyway, I saw Hilary on the weight floor. She was with a trainer just starting a session. I ignored her so that she could focus but she noticed me and said hello. I had JUST finished and said, "I'm just finishing." She said, "I'm just starting." I didn't know what to say. I felt bad for her because it's easier to have just finished than to be starting. I felt guilty that I was in the advantageous position. Yet I also wanted to be positive. So I said, "Work it!" and giggled, and she returned the giggle. I'm not sure it made much sense .

Happy exercising!

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:

Tags
exercise, weights