Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Art

View Poll Results: Do you have a tattoo?
Yes, I have at least one tattoo. 227 67.76%
Nope, no tatts here. 108 32.24%
Voters: 335. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #101
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

No tats here none!!
Old 05-26-2011, 09:08 PM   #102
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

OMG, I almost forgot!!! In addition to my tattoo, I have an artistic cutting. I have a butterfly on my shoulder and I am (hopefully) getting it touched up in little over a week.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:39 PM   #103
Hack
Just a guy.

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
male
Relationship Status:
Sparkle's consort

Thanked 3,784 Times in 960 Posts
Hack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST ReputationHack Has the BEST Reputation

I have one done by my friend Fistoffer (from the old site) on my upper right back. Want to get another one soon.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hack For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #104
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

have four two on each upper arm(bicept) thinking of having my right arm sleeved
Old 05-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #105
moxie

How Do You Identify?:
a cynical princess wannabe
Preferred Pronoun?:
lipgloss junkie
Relationship Status:
yep

Thanked 6,770 Times in 1,847 Posts
moxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputationmoxie Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have any and will most likely never get any. Since I was about 14 I wanted a barcode on the nape of my neck...was the whole Orwellian/Huxley reading curriculum that year in school. My desire died down after a few years.

I like tattoos on other people and they can be sexy if they are on the right person.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #106
undone

How Do You Identify?:
me!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
Sold!

undone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputation

No tats but only because I can never decide on what I would have done.
They are rather costly, and a permanent thing it's no easy choice for me.
Not to forget my gemini traits mean even when I have settled on one my mind changes so fast that it no longer is settled.
undone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:55 PM   #107
sara-bera

How Do You Identify?:
female

Thanked 2,859 Times in 739 Posts
sara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputationsara-bera Has the BEST Reputation

It took me years to decide on the one tattoo I have. It's on the base of my neck and it's Kanji for something the English language doesn't have an expression for. In general, it means a protected innocence or, if one wishes to simplify it further, it's about as close as one can come to "little girl" in Kanji. I had it verified by two Japanese speaking people (I was really nervous to end up with "Eat At Joe's" in Kanji permanently on my body).

I have two more things I would love to have put on my skin, but I cannot decide where. The one I have is so perfectly 'me' and looks so elegant in it's placement, I just feel like I would somehow ruin it by putting another tattoo elsewhere (OCD is special). I will probably always have just this one... but I love it so.
sara-bera is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sara-bera For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #108
tazz

How Do You Identify?:
Athlete/tomboi
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, cutie
Relationship Status:
Estoy recibiendo cómodo con él

Thanked 1,759 Times in 642 Posts
tazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputationtazz Has the BEST Reputation

i have one on my right gastronemius semitendinosis... LOL! my right calf.

the frame is a butterfly with the face of a lion.
my metaphorical theme is 'fragile, yet fierce.'

tazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #109
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

I have several, they tell the story of my life....I am ready to do some cover ups now though, to keep more in tune with my current state of mind!
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2011, 11:13 PM   #110
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

None and I thought about it in the past a lot . what turned me off an elderly people tattoos at my workplace . Skin all shriveled up and you can't even tell what it is .
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vlasta For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2011, 11:30 PM   #111
I'mOneToo

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
left of right
Relationship Status:
right of left

I'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST ReputationI'mOneToo Has the BEST Reputation

Immediately, your comment made me think of this video:

Tattoos can become shriveled and unrecognizable, but they tell a story. Mine tell many stories. How they came to be on my body, and sometimes stories of the artists themselves. I have several done by some of the biggest names in tattoo artistry of their eras. It wasn't their best work, by any stretch of the imagination. Yes, they are faded. Most of them were done when I was 17, illegally, but that's a whole 'nother story.

Sun worship has faded most of the color and what remains are the outlines. And the memories of a bygone era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasta View Post
None and I thought about it in the past a lot . what turned me off an elderly people tattoos at my workplace . Skin all shriveled up and you can't even tell what it is .
I'mOneToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #112
asphaltcowboi

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
HAPPY

7 Highscores

Thanked 3,297 Times in 1,042 Posts
asphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputationasphaltcowboi Has the BEST Reputation

i have several tats but the one that bugs me the most is a heart that had a ribbon threw it with my first loves initals in it.. it bugged my next g/f so i had it blanked out with a chain designe then had her name put in with in a few months i was back getting it changed again... i now have a heart all wraped in chain!! took me long enough to learn!! but it is a reminder. my other tata are pretty cool a phonix with rainbow wings, a wolf on top a mtn beying in the sunset..then a tribal band with two feathers represting my parents. they are all on my arms above the elboews so i try to work my arms an keep the tats in shape!
Old 11-19-2011, 02:20 AM   #113
mustangjeano

How Do You Identify?:
old school stonebutch, Queer TG butch, ranch hand
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
single, not looking

Thanked 1,029 Times in 361 Posts
mustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputationmustangjeano Has the BEST Reputation
Default tatoos

I have two. The first one is a heart with initials. I got it to show my love for a wonderful woman that I spent 8 years with. I was in my twenties, The second one is a cute lil devil and I got it for my 60th birthday to remind me to enjoy life and be playful. My daughter went with me and got the same tatoo-- hers is on the top of her foot (ouch) and mine is on my arm.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:45 AM   #114
NorCalStud

How Do You Identify?:
gaea's Daddy and Fiance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ours
Relationship Status:
Engaged with gaea:-)

Thanked 1,465 Times in 359 Posts
NorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST ReputationNorCalStud Has the BEST Reputation

I needed some strength and thought of a like a bullfighter's shaped cape of tatts. So on my left upper arm and shoulder pecs ... I have the Lady of Guadalupe with thorns and roses. In clouds beneath her the word "familia"....my highest feeling. On my back is Mary her hand over her heart. On my right side is Bear....My earth medecine. A sweetgrass blade band around with two feathers.....lots and lots of bamboo. On my back is a coconut tree with the sea and a breaching small whale. All black ink.

Che
NorCalStud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NorCalStud For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2011, 02:47 AM   #115
sierragirrl

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
<3

Thanked 2,870 Times in 667 Posts
sierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputationsierragirrl Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Hey Tazz i have the same butterfly frame but with a tiger face.
i have many more,the 2 i love the most are on my right uper part of arm 3 koi fish swimming up my arm representing myself and my girls.
the other one is an hawaiian orchid with mom and the date she passed away.i could go for more but my last one hhuuuuurt a bit
sierragirrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sierragirrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2011, 04:52 AM   #116
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'mOneToo View Post
Immediately, your comment made me think of this video:

Tattoos can become shriveled and unrecognizable, but they tell a story. Mine tell many stories. How they came to be on my body, and sometimes stories of the artists themselves. I have several done by some of the biggest names in tattoo artistry of their eras. It wasn't their best work, by any stretch of the imagination. Yes, they are faded. Most of them were done when I was 17, illegally, but that's a whole 'nother story.

Sun worship has faded most of the color and what remains are the outlines. And the memories of a bygone era.
I understand what are you saying and I didn't want to go into too many details . I like tattoos on others , but it's simply not for me . If I have to have a tattoo for every story that has meaning to me Kat Von D would have to speed up with hers to match mine .
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:15 AM   #117
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,791 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I do like artistic tats on others. I admire the intricacy of the work and still find tribals on well-toned biceps rather hot.

That said, I never had any interest in getting one for myself and as already mentioned, I have seen them become almost as though they were faded parchment paper on elderly folk.

I guess by the time one is 80 or so, it does mark the history of ones life, regardless.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2011, 05:23 AM   #118
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Right ankle ~ Heart with rainbow colors
Left ankle ~ Fleur DiLis for New Orleans, got it after Katrina
Left wrist ~ Infinity knot in color
earlobes are tatted too

Oh yeah Syr's pawprint is tatted on my backside, She signed the word MINE under it. Syr's boi is a tattoo artist and did that one, so it's extra meaningful!

I'm looking to finally get the one for my right wrist, I know what I want I just have to design it.

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2011, 05:23 AM   #119
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

I have my prisoner number tattoo'd on my neck, but that was not by choice.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #120
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

For those that are mentioning the fading and reshaping of tats as we age, you are absolutely right. What looks and feels good on 20 year old skin is not going to look and feel exactly the same at 40 or 60 or beyond.

In this day and age of uncertainty, one very old, very wise and very tattooed woman once mentioned to me that, no matter what happens to her in her life and who she meets, they will always remember her.

Tats help us express ourselves and make us memorable. We wear them like jewelry adorning our bodies and how we 'wear' them often determines how they are perceived. They mark events in our lives and the additions and loss of people and give others fodder for conversation, be it positive or negative.

And, Heaven forbid, help to identify us in a life/death situation.

I may or may not love them just a little.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: