Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LOVE > Dating, Marriage, Family

Old 08-30-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
femmebotdyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Usually she/her but ze/hir or other gender neutral pronouns are also perfectly acceptable
Relationship Status:
Single (and trying to look nonchalant about it)

femmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputation
Default Couples- how did you meet your partner?

Okay so as much as I'm curious about how people form relationships and the nature of sexual attraction there's an ulterior motive behind this post. As a single femme I'm hoping your answers have some kind of educational value! Did most people meet their partners through butch/femme/FTM social networks (either formal or informal, online or offline) or through some other channel? The commercial lesbian/queer scene in my area doesn't seem to attract many butches or FTMs or butch/femme couples. Have any of the FTMs on the board found heterosexual partners outside of lesbian/queer communities? What initially attracted you to (or conversely, turned you off) your current partner?

For singles and couples- do you think it's possible (or even desirable) to de-centre ''the couple'' as the foundational unit of butch/femme culture or would doing so be kind of...I don't know...destabilizing?
femmebotdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to femmebotdyke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 07:17 AM   #2
PearlsNLace

How Do You Identify?:
queer
Preferred Pronoun?:
They/Them & her/she
Relationship Status:
Lucky, very lucky

Thanked 1,286 Times in 315 Posts
PearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST ReputationPearlsNLace Has the BEST Reputation

I met Paphigleo here. And on Dash. We had been aquaintances for year. One weekend I was very sick, and Nick was stuck at home because his Van was stolen. We began living in chat at dash and chasing each other in the threads here. We took a risk. And what we have now is awesome.
PearlsNLace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:41 AM   #3
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

I worked with Cynthia's sister and knew she existed, then finally met her one Halloween at a local bar when she handed me her leash. Heh.

A couple of years later I asked for her email address and after a while we ended up together for a year or so...we then broke up for five years, and got back together five years ago and have been happily together ever since.

It has beena long jorney, but the think that I find most relevant is...we have always treated each other with respect. Even when I broke up with her, it was very respectful. No cheating, no dragging name through mud...etc.

Respect is key.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:32 AM   #4
cane

How Do You Identify?:
male identified butch
Relationship Status:
Married

cane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputationcane Has the BEST Reputation

I met my wife through mutual friends, she was straight had a boyfriend so I just watched from afar for a while. At some point though I realized that she might like me so I took a chance and spoke my peace, and now we've been married for 3 years.

I still worship the ground she walks on
and will forever be her soldier

cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:38 AM   #5
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I met Bard on BF shortly after hy joined, but we were both in relationships and really only said hi in passing if we were in chat at the same time. Shortly after I got out of my relationship, hy PMed me just to say hi and see how I was doing. We spoke on yahoo a few times and decided we'd get together for lunch since we're from roughly the same area (ninety minutes apart).

Since that day we've spoken daily, together almost every week, and a year and a half later I have quit my job and moving in this week
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 12:08 PM   #6
JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Tuff and I frequented the same lesbian chat room. While I am told hy noticed me right away, I was mostly oblivious of hym for several months. When hy finally did get my attention I was at a place where I didn't want a relationship. We talked and flirted and hy expressed an interest in something more, and I resisted even though we talked almost every day... in the end hy won me over. There hasn't been a day since then that we haven't talked. Six months later, Tuff just left after a 10 day visit with me and my children and is planning to move hymself and hys daughter out near us to continue our courtship and eventually combine our families.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:15 PM   #7
SimpleAlaskanBoy

How Do You Identify?:
Bisexual trans guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Daddy to a sweet daisy.

Thanked 1,010 Times in 295 Posts
SimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST ReputationSimpleAlaskanBoy Has the BEST Reputation

daisy and I met at the dash site. Instant attraction right away, but at first neither one of us wanted anything serious. Then I found I was falling in love with her. I asked her out in chat and we've been together ever since. Last October I moved from Alaska to here (Ohio) to be with her.
~SAB

<-----Pocky Jedi

"There's only one rule I know of babies-G-d damn it, you've got to be kind."
-Kurt Vonnegut (G-d Bless You, Mr. Rosewater)
SimpleAlaskanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SimpleAlaskanBoy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

At my very first butch/femme dance! I was so nervous and scared! Greyson was so nice to me. He asked me to dance and talked to me all night. I thought he was such a gentleman and very sweet. The next morning I woke up and had a pm from him asking me out! He listened to me that night and planned an evening that he knew I would like. I was so overwhelmed by his thoughtfulness and confidence.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #9
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I met my Kasey through Yahoo personals....long story short we have been together almost 8 years, legally married in California for 2 years.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 01:49 PM   #10
tuffboi29

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..in the queer deffinition of the queer meaning of the queer word...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. SuperTuff
Relationship Status:
Things happen...

tuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputationtuffboi29 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLovelyJenn View Post
I resisted even though we talked almost every day... in the end hy won me over.

lol

Wore her down was more like it!!!
"Today we would pass through the scenes of our youth like travelers. We are burnt up by hard facts; like tradesmen we understand distinctions, and like butchers, necessities. We are no longer untroubled - we are indifferent. We might exist there; but, should we really live there?"

~Erich Maria Remarque "All Quiet on the Western Front"

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4605968_n.jpg
tuffboi29 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tuffboi29 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #11
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,331 Times in 2,662 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

I saw Pete at a local women-owned café.

She was reading the paper, and drinking a latte, and wearing Dickies.

I thought she was fabulously cute, and I swore that I would talk to her.

I walked up to her and I stammered out a cockamamie reason to give her my email address.

It was years later, or maybe two weeks, and she hadn't emailed me.

One afternoon I was grading papers in the same café and

She came up to me with a teeny tiny cupcake to apologize.

She had washed her pants with my email address in the pocket.

She asked me for my number, and

She called me when she was driving home to Western Mass from her father's wedding in Florida.

My handsome beautiful Pete and I have been dating since December.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #12
CrankyOldGuy

How Do You Identify?:
Just the right amount of wrong
Preferred Pronoun?:
[sic] Basturd
Relationship Status:
She turns my crank

CrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST ReputationCrankyOldGuy Has the BEST Reputation

on another bf site.

we'll be together 2 years next month!

"To say nothing, to do nothing, stops nothing" - Roni McCall,
Founder,
Through Their Eyes,
The National Animal Abuse Registry
CrankyOldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to CrankyOldGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 02:37 PM   #13
WickedFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Very Happily Married to Bobbi46

WickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST ReputationWickedFemme Has the BEST Reputation

The first time I saw hym was when I was organizing a leather conference - I introduced myself and made small talk to be cordial and welcoming. About a month later I got dumped by then 3 year relationship. About a month after that I was at a gathering and this butch was there, we talked and hung out and my interest was definitely 'sparked'. I sent an e-mail to a mutual friend inquiring and received an e-mail back just a couple days later by the butch of interest. It's all history now and we are very much in love and it's to date the best and most fulfilling relationship I have ever experienced... it's been close to eight months and I've never been happier.

We are a butch-femme couple with relational dynamics within the bdsm realm. Our dynamics are not within the mainstream butch-femme culture as we play a lot within a Mommy/boi, daddy/boi context/relationship. I say not mainstream within the butch-femme culture because the majority tend towards the butch being the top/daddy/sir and the femme being girl/bottom/submissive. You will see that most of the 'threads' within the leather forums are geared more towards daddy/girl than mommy/boi or daddy/boi. So, that is my reason for saying that we aren't within the mainstream. We are in the mainstream of butch-femme culture in that hy is butch and I am femme and it's quite obvious from outward appearances and internal being/attitudes with a slight 'twist'.
WickedFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to WickedFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 04:17 PM   #14
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Organic and I were in relationships with other people when we were introduced to one another, so neither of us paid much attention to the other, other than the cordial hello and how are you.

Time passed, and we were no longer in our relationships, but still only friendly. Then Bessie (my computer), began giving me serious trouble. A mutual friend of ours told me to call him since he's a tech guru. I did, and over time we talked quite a bit. Bessie's a bit ornery, one might say, so I needed a lot of tech support.

So, he'd hook into my system and look around and we'd occasionally fight over who had control of the mouse.

I moved to Austin immediately before the reunion and he helped me find my way to my destination. After seeing me in two day old clothes, no make up, hair all frizzy, sweaty and cursing up a storm, he was still interested. That told me right there that Organic was a keeper.

We grew closer through the Reunion and, now that we both are in Texas, we have the chance to further explore and enjoy one another.

Organic, however, says it was an arranged marriage.

I'm misunderestimated.

Last edited by Gemme; 08-30-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:34 PM   #15
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

I met her on gay.com back when it was the happenin' site!

She lived 3 hours south of me and we met after a few weeks. I fell head over heals in love with her...we got married in our church and raised her 2 boys together..after 12 years we split up and stayed on very friendly terms..the way i see it...she was my best friend for 12 years and i wasn't willing to give that up!

so alas i'm a single skeeter now...enjoying being single but would REALLY love to date and have fun! that's the plan anyway!

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #16
femmebotdyke

How Do You Identify?:
femme dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Usually she/her but ze/hir or other gender neutral pronouns are also perfectly acceptable
Relationship Status:
Single (and trying to look nonchalant about it)

femmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputationfemmebotdyke Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories.
femmebotdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to femmebotdyke For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 07:34 PM   #17
Queerasfck

How Do You Identify?:
still ballin'
Relationship Status:
Triple X

Thanked 6,497 Times in 1,639 Posts
Queerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST ReputationQueerasfck Has the BEST Reputation

Story A.
I purchased Mister Bent in an overseas flea market/sex auction. I got him and a great turkish area rug for cheap!

Story B.

Mail order bride, I believe the site was called www.prettypeoplefromukraine.com. Yes, he's from the Ukraine. His real name is Benthuslav.

Story C.

Came with the house I bought. Original owners left him in the garage.

Story D.

FreeCycle. No explanation needed.
Queerasfck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #18
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

1-800-big-daddi
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #19
miss entycing

How Do You Identify?:
dangerous, but worth the risk.
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice.. it's that easy.
Relationship Status:
CapitalM's carved upon my skin.

Location: on the southern edge of sanity, under a carolina moon.
Thanked 8,262 Times in 2,255 Posts
miss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputationmiss entycing Has the BEST Reputation
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
1-800-big-daddi
hey, me too!
I opted for the *dial 0 for further assistance*
so I did.... and Hy did.... and we did, again and again.

True strength lies in submission which permits one to dedicate their life,
through devotion,
to something beyond themselves.

Whenever someone awakens fully,
it affects human consciousness at a collective level.
It is like dropping a stone into a dark murky pond.
Ripples of light...
Not one word need be spoken.

miss entycing is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miss entycing For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #20
blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Goof came pre-assembled and potty-trained. The manual was easy to read, and he even had his own tools for repairs.

What more could I ask for?

Actually, the story is pretty boring. We ran around in the same circle for two years. Our friendship grew. Sometimes it feels like we've been together forever, sometimes it feels like we just met. I love our unpredictability.

The OP said: "
For singles and couples- do you think it's possible (or even desirable) to de-centre ''the couple'' as the foundational unit of butch/femme culture or would doing so be kind of...I don't know...destabilizing

I certainly don't feel like I have to be part of a couple to "be" a femme. For me, there is nothing foundational about being in a couple. My "femme-ness" doesn't reside within "us," but within me.