Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I had already posted in this thread about my longest term relationship and my current GF, so will go back into the memory vault for the boys before the girls...

1st BF age 12. Made out in my backyard until my dad busted us.

Last I saw of him in the capacity as my BF, was running down the street with his two broken arms, in casts, running like a cartoon character. (Fell backwards, pre-me, lifting his older bro's, too-heavy weights, falling backwards and fracturing his forearms).

Aged 13 & 14: Donnie. Last name escapes me. Made out constantly. Skipped school a couple of times. Think he felt my right breast once.

Aged 15-17: Mike M. Remember his last name but withold it to protect the innocent guilty.

I had described in a prior post, that I had gotten poison ivy all over my back and ass after we had sex in the woods (the soft greenery, clearly, was not just leaves).

Aged 17-22. Tom, BF became my ticket out of my parents house. Had my two babies with him so will always be grateful to him for my girls.

Aged 22-25, after we split: Joe C. Still remember his last name too. We were engaged but two weeks before the big wedding, invitations had been sent out and all, he broke up with me. Decided he did not want the responsibility of raising my ex-husband's kids or so he said.

Aged 25-26 dated girls and guys. Decided girls rang my chimes way more and have strictly been a lesbian since that time.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #42
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

This is one of my favorite threads to read. I am always fascinated and love hearing how people have met. I’ve only had one what I would call a serious relationship. We met at work, and we ending up being together for 14 years.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #43
Beloved

How Do You Identify?:
alive
Preferred Pronoun?:
um
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,653 Times in 298 Posts
Beloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

To put it simply: If the internet didn't exist after I finished school, my love life would have been basically non-existent as well.
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Beloved For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2012, 07:06 PM   #44
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beloved View Post
To put it simply: If the internet didn't exist after I finished school, my love life would have been basically non-existent as well.
Nah...we would just all still be in the bars...

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #45
BrutalDaddy

How Do You Identify?:
Her Asshole.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Him, hym, he, whatever.
Relationship Status:
Bitch has no more excuses now.

Thanked 2,785 Times in 499 Posts
BrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST ReputationBrutalDaddy Has the BEST Reputation

Have met a couple folks from online but those were situations where I was lucky to walk away with my sanity and life.

Had made up my mind to just swear off anything remotely romantic. Was better that way.....

Then, I met her.

Wasn't even attempting to get to know her or anything, she just has a really funny tag line on her profile (she was a member, like myself, of the dash site) that gave me a much needed laugh that day I saw her name so I sent her a message to thank her for the laugh. She messaged back and well, the rest is history. That was seven or so years ago.

Haven't looked back since and sincerely grateful every day for sending that pm and for her answering it.

I Suck With Remembering Exact Dates,
Brute.
BrutalDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BrutalDaddy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2012, 07:20 PM   #46
Dude

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Perusing

Thanked 10,606 Times in 1,477 Posts
Dude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST ReputationDude Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
. Think he felt my right breast once.

are you sure it was the right one?
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dude For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #47
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Just a reminder... "when" isn't really the point; it's more about "where" or "how" you've met the people you've been involved with.

Do you tend to meet people online? Through work? Through a hobby or an interest, like bike riding or school or ... ?

It's really interesting to read how people meet their partners.
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2012, 04:39 AM   #48
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

there have been way too many for me to put in a list. that would become rather embarrassing.

when I was a teen it was through school or at the Dance Hall or at a Gig.

when I was 18-27 it was through mutual friends, gigs, house parties, events, cafes and clubs/bars

from 27 - 33 it was all on line b/f stuff with the rare pick up in a bar

34 - 38 it was online London social site events (meet n greets, event nights) and the genderqueer-dyke bar/club and mutual friends and exes (house parties), as I made them.

when my wife left it has all since been from dating sites, save the rare set up from an ex. That's about to change as I get back into things and my very few local dyke mates (most of my friends at home are straight) plug me back into the local social life.

I'd like to take the focus off on-line as I don't really trust the dating sites... social sites perhaps a bit easier. dating sites are difficult. lots of people out there on cupid and pof, but I find it very difficult to get a feel for someone before meeting. Someone's sense of grace is really the main point of attraction for me. that doesn't come through till I meet them, though occasionally it can be seen in a photograph.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #49
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I met her thru a blind date that my brother set up for me, just after I got out of the military for the first time.
We met thru mutual friends, and were together for about three years.
Met her at a bus stop in downtown Detroit. I was going to work, she was just coming home from church.
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #50
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

The majority of women I have been involved with, were introduced through friends. Work, school and online were also places I met women. My favorite was a coffee shop.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #51
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,310 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeest View Post
Met her at a bus stop in downtown Detroit. I was going to work, she was just coming home from church.

That one feels so romantic to me. I guess that "meeting on a train/ship/etc." thing is a classic way to find love ... It's like the start of a movie.

Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #52
Nadeest

How Do You Identify?:
as myself
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 2,118 Times in 501 Posts
Nadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST ReputationNadeest Has the BEST Reputation

I don't know about that, but I was certainly surprised by the relationship. lol
Nadeest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nadeest For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #53
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybarbara View Post

I'd like to take the focus off on-line as I don't really trust the dating sites... social sites perhaps a bit easier. dating sites are difficult. lots of people out there on cupid and pof, but I find it very difficult to get a feel for someone before meeting. Someone's sense of grace is really the main point of attraction for me. that doesn't come through till I meet them, though occasionally it can be seen in a photograph.
What I liked about online dating sites is how quickly you can sift through people. Since I only ever dated locally, there was no need for anything to be drawn out. Two-three emails, maybe a phone call and then a quick meet. Next.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2012, 10:08 PM   #54
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
are you sure it was the right one?
Is there a wrong one?

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #55
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
What I liked about online dating sites is how quickly you can sift through people. Since I only ever dated locally, there was no need for anything to be drawn out. Two-three emails, maybe a phone call and then a quick meet. Next.
I don't really have the time though. With social sites I can dip in and out here and there, talk a bit, and there's a platform for conversation. I don't want a prolonged email blah blah, but I'd like some kind of common template to start with... I guess it's because I'm just no longer fond of dating. I much prefer freindship and attraction -> shagging and friendship -> seeing someone

the dating thing I'm just finding kind of hard. chatting because of mutual friends, and have some point of mutual link makes it much easier.

I think I'm just a bit tired. I think oh ugh, starting from point zero. why can't I just go hang out with some friends I find sexy and take it from there.

I guess I'm hanging with all my old mates, I've had sex with most of my friends before, there's no "trouble" they feel a bit like family and the thought of coming home and starting up with people with no feeling of familiarity... just makes my chest sink. I think that's why I prefer meeting people through people. It's just not awkward or stiff. But then, maybe I haven't met someone with the right click. Or maybe, it's just easier to relax and allow that click when it's at a house party/dinner party/mutual friends.

I think I just discovered I hate dating... I used to love it...
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #56
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

I just realized the last three- I met each of them at a queer community dinner/brunch/lunch. Prior to that, it was often through friends, though, like many others, I met some online and eventually progressed to real time.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #57
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I met her on a well-known, legitimate dating site.

I was only dating people that were local and ones I could first meet for coffee.

With her, I skipped my coffee first "rule" and met for dinner. (First dates, I would always meet them rather than have them pick me up in their car).

It just was serendipitous that we clicked on our first date.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #58
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

1. We met at a well known guitar shop in Rochester, NY. He was a bass player in a rock band.

2. He was one of my best friends for eleven years and we worked together. He was a big factor in my decision to leave my then husband.

3. A queer website. She also lived in my hometown.

4. The Apple store here in Tucson.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2013, 11:27 PM   #59
Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,993 Times in 2,596 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I personally am a virgin.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2013, 03:24 AM   #60
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

I met a dyke bartender at a gay bar and spent seven years trying to make that work.

I was dating a girl, and she introduced me to her friend, who it turned out would be a girl I would spend the next seven years with.

I met a girl through an online writers group at yahoo. She was so adorable and scatterbrained that I asked her to come to Nebraska and live with me. My first LDR and seven years of a very strong love. I don't have any regrets.

I met a girl through an online text-based RPG game and after two years of killing each other and being allies, we met in RL, and I knew right then she was someone I could live forever with. Seven and a half years and still going.

I've met women over the internet, in bars, through friends and by chance. I can't say one way has worked out better than another.