Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > GENDER AND IDENTITY > Other Sexualities And Identities

Old 07-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #121
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
Sweet, I'm taking this in, but I think there is a point to be made that someone who has had experiences with homosexual pedophilia could come into a gay male thread about raising children and go on about how their own negative experience could not be denied to the degree that you are.

I support your efforts to warn the OP about relevant details you have knowledge of. I think you've established that there are sinister elements in the Furry culture, as there are in any segment of society deemed "alternative" or not.
Thank you kindly. You do make a good point. I did not at all intend to make it about "experiences with homosexual pedophilia". That has never actually crossed my mind or been a "blame" I placed for these past many years. And I wasn't aware that I was coming into a gay male thread because it was posted under Gender And Identity, Other Sexualities and Identities. Thank you for giving me a new perspective. Maybe next time I won't be so apt to post out of frustration about harm to children. Your support is much appreciated. If I hadn't been so frustrated or suffering from some remaining PTSD about things, I would have expressed what you did so eloquently in the highlighted statement above.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #122
kannon

How Do You Identify?:
bloke
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Happy is the heart that believes in angels

Thanked 2,067 Times in 584 Posts
kannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputationkannon Has the BEST Reputation

http://youtu.be/oXcWGbRUnok

look for the hidden subliminal Phallic messages.
kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kannon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #123
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannon View Post
http://youtu.be/oXcWGbRUnok

look for the hidden subliminal Phallic messages.
Bad Bunny!!

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 06:20 AM   #124
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

No matter the definitions of furry fetishes or role-play- and this does cover sexual activity in some cases. The point is that a 12 year old kid is saying he is uncomfortable with this exposure and his custodial parent is unaware of this situation. It also isn't about parents changing their behavior based upon this kid's feelings. This is about a kid feeling "forced" to be involved in a parent's fetish in terms of a public display. There doesn't need to be any sexual component at all involved.

It seems to me that both parents need to deal with this in a communicative manner with their child. They also need to educate themselves about the developmental stage he is in and also what (if any) negative effects forcing a kid to be involved in events and activities surrounding this fetish. This has no bearing on the father's continuing to act out his fetish desires- just without the kid being present.

I do find it odd that in a situation where parents are sharing custody that the father here would plan activities around this part of his life while spending time with his kid. Anyone that has had this experience knows how tough it is to spend time with your kid and usually one focuses on alone time with their kids in these situations. Something is off with this picture beyond this particular insistence on this kid being coerced in this one situation.

The bottom line is that his mother needs to be involved with what is going on here and these parents need to work out boundaries around this that attend to their son's feelings. Anything that could in anyway have a sexual meaning to a 12 year old or involve power dynamics that are between consenting adults could very well be felt by a 12 year old in ways adults can't imagine (or accurately remember). I would want to know exactly what it is that causes the discomfort and how he is viewing it from his pre-teen perspective. The hell with the adult perspectives- he isn't an adult. His perceptions of collars for example can be very different that adults with knowledge about the full range of sexual expression and non-explicit sexual expression that is related to adult relationship dynamics. This isn’t a cut and dried situation at all.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #125
Chancie

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme-inist
Relationship Status:
I'm lucky.

1 Highscore

Thanked 14,354 Times in 2,670 Posts
Chancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST ReputationChancie Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post

<snip>

Just because we so diligently accept people because we know what it's like not to be accepted for normal, appropriate behavior in public, we don't have to act like we accept everything. It's disingenuous anyway. If you must have a line drawn before you can be comfortable, then let's draw it at fetishes. fetishes are inherently and exclusively sexual.

<snip>
You are assuming a lot in the first line of the exerpt I quoted.

I don't know who you mean by 'we', but please don't include me or tell me what I think.

Surely you can see that this is a more complex conversation than, This is a fetish; this is not.
Chancie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chancie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 08:14 AM   #126
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancie View Post
You are assuming a lot in the first line of the exerpt I quoted.

I don't know who you mean by 'we', but please don't include me or tell me what I think.

Surely you can see that this is a more complex conversation than, This is a fetish; this is not.
Okay, show me. I drew a concrete line that I think is reasonable: sexuality at the level of fetishes is not appropriate for 12yo's. I welcome any cooperative attempt to present me with an alternative to consider.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:25 AM   #127
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

I don't hate the furries--I don't think they're 'ew' or gross--To me, I find it mildly amusing that someone wraps themselves in a furry fabric as any part of their identity.

I do however, think that you should keep your tail, butt plug or otherwise, and the rest of your accoutrement confined to your personal social circle. I, personally, (in an ideal world) want to be asked before I participate in your dynamic and I'd think that goes doubly for any 12 year-old.

In addition, there's a huge, obvious difference between being queer and pretty average by society's standards and being a "slave" in a fur costume.

*I am left curious as to why the furry only wears a tail--if she's completely committed to her fur-identity, how does such a small accessory suffice?
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 08:54 AM   #128
Thinker

How Do You Identify?:
transman
Preferred Pronoun?:
male

Thanked 4,133 Times in 1,079 Posts
Thinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST ReputationThinker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinker View Post
This is obviously a sensitive topic for some of our members. Be respectful in your exchanges even when it's obvious you are on different sides of the discussion.

We are starting to receive notes of concern about where this thread is going and the manner in which some of you are posting; we are asking you all to get back on track: the OP asked for help.

Thinker (moderator)
I was asked to clarify what I meant in this post. I'm not inclined to cite specific examples until that is absolutely necessary. The direct message from the mod/admin team is just this: Be respectful in your exchanges with other members.

It is obvious that we are going to see opposing points of views regardless of the topic being discussed. It is obvious, too, that members have history. Our personal experiences (both here and outside of this community) play into how and what we post.

We (mod/admin) are looking to have a place at the table for ALL where differences are celebrated rather than criticized.

And, no, this isn't "Pollyanna bullsh*t". It's actually possible. And it's not just in this thread; it's discussions everywhere, even outside of the forums here at bfp.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #129
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky, Raw, Perverted, Uber Queer Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:
Keeper of 3, only one has the map to my freckles

Thanked 80,119 Times in 15,678 Posts
The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post
I don't hate the furries--I don't think they're 'ew' or gross--To me, I find it mildly amusing that someone wraps themselves in a furry fabric as any part of their identity.

I do however, think that you should keep your tail, butt plug or otherwise, and the rest of your accoutrement confined to your personal social circle. I, personally, (in an ideal world) want to be asked before I participate in your dynamic and I'd think that goes doubly for any 12 year-old.

In addition, there's a huge, obvious difference between being queer and pretty average by society's standards and being a "slave" in a fur costume.

*I am left curious as to why the furry only wears a tail--if she's completely committed to her fur-identity, how does such a small accessory suffice?

The furry tail is like flagging in the Leather world. At least that's what I was told.
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The_Lady_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 09:51 AM   #130
Mister Bent

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,831 Times in 1,721 Posts
Mister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST ReputationMister Bent Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by apretty View Post

This post most succinctly sums up my thoughts on this issue, as both a human being and the parent of a 12 year old boy, who is the child of a queer parent (duh). I did ask my son what his thoughts were, and I can say that this post also pretty much sums up his response.

The bottom line, for me, is that children need to be introduced to "alternative" concepts - whether they be religious, sexual, or food choices - in a sensitive and thoughtful manner. Expecting them simply "to deal" is shitty parenting. Hell, it's shitty human being.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken
Mister Bent is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mister Bent For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #131
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

The_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST ReputationThe_Lady_Snow Has the BEST Reputation
Lightbulb

I hope that after all this sound advice Okie & Red have a sit down with the parents and advocate for the distraught child, and that Mom sets some heavy boundaries on how when it comes to her man cub NO ONE is to keep ANYTHING from her, ever again!
"If you’re going to play these dirty games of ours, then you might as well indulge completely. It’s all about turning back into an animal and that’s the beauty of it. Place your guilt on the sidewalk and take a blow torch to it (guilt is usually worthless anyway). Be perverted, be filthy, do things that mannered people shouldn’t do. If you’re going to be gross then go for it and don’t wimp out."---Master Aiden

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #132
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebon View Post
The poor kid is embarrassed like any normal 12 year old would be and the lady sounds like a drama queen but I don't understand how her wearing a tail is damaging him. The lady herself sounds ridiculous and hilarious but I mean have you ever seen them doing anything inappropriate in front of the kid besides being a transsexual furry? Wearing a lock and key, how is that damaging to him do they make him wear it? Being 12 is rough and having an odd parent is even more rough but I'm sure if the furry lady wasn't so outlandish and just kind of "normal" and up to everyone's standards would it be ok then? I don't know the full story just going on what I know.
I respect your opinion but this is Oklahoma and kids are pointing at them in public "rednecks" are making comments and poor Nick is having to set there and take it cause his father thinks it's best for him.

I don't think anyone is normal! I don't subscribe to normal. I don't agree with normal! I do though think responsibility is the key question here. Red and I have different opinions about a lot of things and we respect those opinions. That is where I am upset. Nick's opinion should be respected and he is totally freaked out about being subjected to the public ridicule.

Peace!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 05:14 PM   #133
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea View Post
I truly believe there are many people who think being gay is a sexual kink. In addition, I am not in the position to determine that this situation is one of sexual kink. It could well be sexual kink but is the child being exposed to sex or is the child only being exposed to someone wearing fur? Should parents into leather or BDSM not wear anything that indicates their kink when spending time with children?

I am not trying to argue. I find this situation icky too. I just don't believe it is that harmful to the child.

Andrea
Andrea,

Thanks for you input! I'll defer to totally disagree with you.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #134
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lady_Snow View Post
Is the child being educated that current partner is transgendered? I feel THAT in itself is a topic they should be discussing, the slave tail part would be the least of my worries.
Nick learned that his fathers furry slave was really a man from my nephew who is also 12 and figured it out the first time he met her.

She calls Nicks dad master in front of him and makes him wait hand and foot on Nicks dad when Nick is present with out any explanation. The only place he is not allowed to present this type of behavior is in our home. I personally do not like that imagine being burned into Nicks mind.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #135
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Dear Community,

My sole purpose for this post was to ask for help with our nephew. I have know further comment other than thank you for those of you who truly understood my concerns for Nick! Thank you for all of your opinions but this has turned into way more than I ever expected. It was all about a little 12 year old boy named Nick and nothing else.

Peace!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 05:30 PM   #136
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Exclamation Oy vey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiebug61 View Post
Nick learned that his fathers furry slave was really a man from my nephew who is also 12 and figured it out the first time he met her.

She calls Nicks dad master in front of him and makes him wait hand and foot on Nicks dad when Nick is present with out any explanation. The only place he is not allowed to present this type of behavior is in our home. I personally do not like that imagine being burned into Nicks mind.

First of all The furrie is a WOMAN not a man, i hope that was explained to all The children, can we have some sensitivity for The MTF members of our community, and have you or Red taken The time and let unknown parent know said child is distraught?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #137
Andrea

How Do You Identify?:
Mature Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Her/She
Relationship Status:
I heart Rene

Thanked 15,248 Times in 3,064 Posts
Andrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST ReputationAndrea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Dear Community,

My sole purpose for this post was to ask for help with our nephew. I have know further comment other than thank you for those of you who truly understood my concerns for Nick! Thank you for all of your opinions but this has turned into way more than I ever expected. It was all about a little 12 year old boy named Nick and nothing else.

Peace!
I hope that whatever you decide to do or not do works out the best way possible for the child and that you are able to find healthy answers for yourself as well.

What we think about and thank about, we bring about!

Today I will treat my body with love and respect.
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrea For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #138
Dreamer

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Relationship Status:
Dreams do come true...

Thanked 4,233 Times in 949 Posts
Dreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST ReputationDreamer Has the BEST Reputation

I am now curious as to the relationship between the child and his mother. Obviously the child does not feel he can discuss it with the mother or she would be well aware of what is going on in his life, which makes me question their relationship. Also red and Okie I have to ask do you hide your sexuality because it is such a red neck town*. I am just curious because so many things are bringing questions up in my mind.
"Let your mind start a journey through a strange new world. Leave all thoughts of the world you knew before. Let your soul take you where you long to be...Close your eyes let your spirit start to soar, and you'll live as you have never lived before" ~Erich~
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #139
The_Lady_Snow
MILLION $$$ PUSSY

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Iconic Ms.
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Dear Community,

Peace!

It sounds like all children need to educated on transgendered peoples, open communications with all parents and I hope distraught child is heard, unknowing parent told and Dad sat down for a heart to heart regarding distraught Childs feelings

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Lady_Snow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #140
Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
I am now curious as to the relationship between the child and his mother. Obviously the child does not feel he can discuss it with the mother or she would be well aware of what is going on in his life, which makes me question their relationship. Also red and Okie I have to ask do you hide your sexuality because it is such a red neck town*. I am just curious because so many things are bringing questions up in my mind.
Red and I don't even know what it is like to come out of because we have never been in.

I truly respect everyone's thoughts and opinions but I have to say I am way overwhelmed with the many responses that have nothing to do with how we help our nephew!

Peace!