Old 02-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

maryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputation
Default Techy Work Question: Excel

Hiya peeps, I'm not sure where to post this, (so if it's in the wrong place, please feel free to move it.) but I'm having an Excel issue. And it's a really stupid question. Are there any Excel geeks out there who can lend me a brain cell? As far as Excel goes, I've not had a lot of actual formal training. I got a quick rundown of how to do what I needed to, when I got promoted, and then I got two Excel/Office books to help me find stuff, but I'm basically flying by the seat of my pants here. Usually I can figure out what I need to make it do. I got shifted to another program when mine was closed down in January, which is fine, but I don't know my new boss as well, so I'm not real crazy about asking him dumb questions. Especially when it's something I know I've done before, I just can't remember how I did it. I just don't want him to think that I can't do this job because its been a really steep learning curve.

So here's my question.

Basically I have to audit reps every month and report back to my boss weekly on scores. He also wants me to make an Excel spreadsheet where we can track each rep on each team. So column A says:

Rep A Score 1
Rep A Score 2
Rep A YTD Average
Reb B Score1
Rep B Score 2
Rep B YTD Average
Rep C Score1
Rep C Score 2
Rep C YTD Average
Team Average YTD
Rep Z score 1
Rep Z score 2
Rep Z YTD Average

Each rep has a row for each audit, their average score and then I have a Team Average YTD row. I need to figure out how to lock the Team YTD row at the very bottom of the spreadsheet so it's always the last row. Can anyone tell me how to do that? Please? You'll have my undying gratitude and I'll love you forever and bring you cookies if I ever meet you in person? Heck, I'll mail you some next week!

The Team Average YTD gets sorted into the middle whenever I alphabetize the sheet! Which is going to be happening a lot, because I just move the team data over at the end of the work week , filter it alphabetically and the autosum each rep to get the average scores.

And since, because BFP is not my blog or personal tech support, if anyone has any Techy Excel Questions (or any Techy software questions) y'all can fill up the thread with stuff like that. And then it'll be like a big thread of answers for anyone who may be in over their heads in a techy manner.

ETA: I'm using Excel 2010. Usually I remember to give all the details.
maryam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:40 AM   #2
maryam

How Do You Identify?:
femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
taken

maryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputationmaryam Has the BEST Reputation

NM, found out why it won't work. Blergh... But y'all can still use the thread for techy questions if you want too...
maryam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cookies, excel, halp!, my-brain-hurts, too-many-numbers