Old 04-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up "Becoming Chaz"

http://www.oprah.com/own/OWN-Sneak-Peek-Becoming-Chaz

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation

Awesome. I can't wait to see this. I'm marking my calendar as a reminder this will be on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 07:33 AM   #3
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
She's not coping is she, really. You'd think she'd be more open-minded as she was the one who was dancing on stage naked while Chaz was still a child.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I'm looking forward to watching this -

I am saddened at Cher's attitude - As Chaz's Mother one would think she would embrace changes that would make her son feel complete.

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 07:57 AM   #5
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

What I find interesting is that almost every Drag Queen in America wants to be her and she has no problem with that. Yet, her son wants to be himself and she has a problem with that...Perhaps it has to do with the lime light now being on Chaz instead of her?
Just a thought to ponder...
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 08:07 AM   #6
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Please note that Cher is going though an adjustment too. Chaz summed it up when he said "It's hard for moms." i think she is being open minded and supportive; she merely stated her preference for this to be done privately and her concerns for her child's health.

Remember we will get a better understanding of things when the show airs and we can see the comments in context rather than the clips and sound bites put together for the preview.

Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #7
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Think about this.....

Have you ever been with someone and they always got Chocolate Ice cream (never anything else) So you always bought them Choc. One day she tells you to get Vanilla and you "QUESTION" the vanilla choice and then ask all the questions such as.. What Why? Why Change after all this time? and so on........ Not a big deal, but some of us make it a big deal. Doesn't seem like a very big deal to be "questioning" something to trivial now does it?

Chaz has had his whole life to "think about this" Cher has only had a few years... How long did it take Chaz to figure out he was going to transition? He certainly didn't decide this over night. Cher certainly can't decide over night about her feelings either. I can't imagine what mom's go through, it can't be easy knowing she raised a daughter her entire life and now that child wants to be a man. They need time to adjust and adapt as well. Some take as much time it took the person to transition. I can't bash on Cher for that. She is open minded I think she will come around.

Just my two cents....
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 08:40 AM   #8
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I would also like to add....

BRAVO to Chaz for being brave enough to step in front of the camera's to shed some light on this subject and bring awareness to the trans community!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 09:24 AM   #9
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I really wish I could watch the whole show ,but I dont get that chanel,it wil be intresting to watch for shure.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2011, 11:10 PM   #10
Lost_punk_boi

How Do You Identify?:
Trans FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/they/them/their
Relationship Status:
Single

Lost_punk_boi Has the BEST ReputationLost_punk_boi Has the BEST ReputationLost_punk_boi Has the BEST ReputationLost_punk_boi Has the BEST ReputationLost_punk_boi Has the BEST ReputationLost_punk_boi Has the BEST ReputationLost_punk_boi Has the BEST ReputationLost_punk_boi Has the BEST ReputationLost_punk_boi Has the BEST ReputationLost_punk_boi Has the BEST ReputationLost_punk_boi Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you for sharing this link! I had heard about it, but not much! That is sooo amazing!!! But why the Oprah Network tho?!?!?!

Life is what you make of it so do something fabulous!
Lost_punk_boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #11
wolfbittenpoet

How Do You Identify?:
Typewriter Boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,578 Times in 402 Posts
wolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputationwolfbittenpoet Has the BEST Reputation

I think I am going to be forced to watch OWN. But I am glad it'll be on. One of the things I think is hurting Cher the most is that as Chaz transitions he looks more and more like his father.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #12
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_punk_boi View Post
Thank you for sharing this link! I had heard about it, but not much! That is sooo amazing!!! But why the Oprah Network tho?!?!?!

To me it don't matter what network it is... It's on!! It's the only network I 'm sure that would take it on.
The Following User Says Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 01:59 PM   #13
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

It should be interesting to watch.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:02 PM   #14
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Open to healthy possibilities...

Thanked 1,628 Times in 393 Posts
Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation

It is really hard to listen to Cher call him, "she/her", but I have an understanding of how hard it is for families who have known you as one thing for XX number of years to shift their thinking.

I watch My family struggle, too.

I hope she opens herself to a deeper understanding of her son.

~Elijah

~Washington Irving
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #15
Ms. Tabitha

How Do You Identify?:
Hey Lady
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Married ~ 4-1-13

Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,041 Posts
Ms. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST ReputationMs. Tabitha Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
Awesome. I can't wait to see this. I'm marking my calendar as a reminder this will be on.
T and I are excited about watching the show as well. We have emailed our families with the date and network information.
I hope the show helps my family, especially my birth mom, have a better understanding of what T went through on his own journey.

Ms. Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Tabitha For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #16
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

BUMP... reminder... tomorrow night 9:00 PM EST on OWN network.. also, just before it at 8:00 is Our America with Lisa Ling focusing on the lives of five transgendered people.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #17
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Oh ty Jess for the reminder!!! It will be a great show.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #18
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,703 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

NP Caught most of the interview on Oprah this afternoon. Very well done.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 05:18 PM   #19
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,879 Times in 1,485 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished watching Chaz and his girlfriend on Oprah today. It was really good . They seem sweet , wish they could come to the reunion.
Just saying....
Old 05-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #20
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillettoDoll View Post
I just finished watching Chaz and his girlfriend on Oprah today. It was really good . They seem sweet , wish they could come to the reunion.
Just saying....

Ohhhhhhhhh wonderful idea!!!!!!! Heck stranger things have happened. They may be all for it. Who knows huh.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote