EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Bleargh...apparently it was playing at the Bell Lightbox last night only and I had no fucking idea. Why did they have to make it one night only? I would have gone had I known.

Anyways, now looks like I gotta wait for it to make its way to the internet...
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #22
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I herd that Chaz sgoing to be on Piers Morgan tonight,if so it will be on at 11:00pm my time...gonna stay up and check,with the crazyness going on since my son crashed his motorcycle I never thought t check on Oprah thia afternoon.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #23
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

As my own mother put it "you were my little girl. I dressed you up and made curls in your hair. You'll always be my little girl", etc. And it sounds too, this is very similar to how Cher feels/felt about Chastity. It's very difficult for a mom to let go of that part of her own self and the bond she has with her daughter, and allow us to be who we are. At nearly 60yo I'm struggling with this with my own mom. People are who they are and feel what they feel, and that's just who they/we are. It is what it is, and that's what we have to deal with, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day.

Just my opinion of course, and sometimes it's not an easy opinion to live with.

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #24
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_punk_boi View Post
Thank you for sharing this link! I had heard about it, but not much! That is sooo amazing!!! But why the Oprah Network tho?!?!?!
have you ever heard of the Oprah Effect? Millions or middle america and all across the world people watching every single show or taping it. I don't think Chaz could have picked a better venue IMO.

As for Cher's reaction.... as other stated, it an adjustment. I remember talking a friend once who just discovered her son was gay. She was sadden by it and I asked her why, since she was also queer. She wasn't sad over his lifestyle choice but the difficult life he might have in today's world. Even today gays are treated unfairly and let's face it, being queer is not the easiest choice, but we have no choice, right? She was fearful of him getting hurt, killed by ignorant idiots and having to fight so hard for love. Can you imagine how fearful a mother of a transgendered child? OMG I can be the most openminded person in the world, want my child to be happy but I also want them safe. I'm sure the reaction was knee jerk and she learns to love chaz as he is, accepting and even embracing who he is.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #25
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

HI all,

I really want to see this. If anyone knows of an online channel I can view this please post it.

I tried all my friends and know body has this channel.
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #26
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,366 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

i get that people react differently but she has all the time in the world -- and the resources. She can find out about T. She doesn't have to "not know."
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Martina For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #27
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
HI all,

I really want to see this. If anyone knows of an online channel I can view this please post it.

Do you have a local gay bar or outreach that does?
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #28
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

I spent the whole documentary worrying what Jenny was going to do next that would be embarrassing for Chaz to have on film. I think I was projecting my own anxiety onto Chaz...the anxiety I had with my crazy first girlfriend when we were in public (she was QUITE "Jenny like").

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #29
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
I spent the whole documentary worrying what Jenny was going to do next that would be embarrassing for Chaz to have on film. I think I was projecting my own anxiety onto Chaz...the anxiety I had with my crazy first girlfriend when we were in public (she was QUITE "Jenny like").
I have to agree. I hoped to see someone that really supported him in a more positive way. You know...someone like the femmes/partners on BFP...lol. Seriously, I hope they make it. Seems they both need a lot of support. But, for sure it wasn't sugar coated at all.

I wish them both the best.

Still want someone to invite them to the reunion though.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #30
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Thanked 2,582 Times in 837 Posts
DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

I would imagine Cher is grieving the loss of her only daughter, even tho she's gained a son (which she always had but never knew). She's also concerned as a parent of all the health ramifications that taking T could potentially have. It's going to take time for her to adjust just as it will for all his family, friends etcetcetc. But I'm sure the more Chazz becomes more comfortable and more happy being his true self and she sees this that she will also become happy for him and more accepting of his decision. Give her time to grieve her loss, she'll come around just as most of his close circle will. He understands that as well, he's handling it quite well.
DomnNC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 09:12 PM   #31
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

DomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST ReputationDomnNC Has the BEST Reputation

If you don't get the OWN network or you missed it you can go to the following link tomorrow and will find a link there to watch it online.

http://www.oprah.com/own
The Following User Says Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #32
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I thought it admirable of both Jen and Chaz that they shared their relationship struggles, as well as Jen's struggles with sobriety.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #33
Camo Eagle

How Do You Identify?:
FTM in these communities. Male in everyday & public life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Camo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST ReputationCamo Eagle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strappie View Post
HI all,

Kinda why I miss the old days of VHS. Used to tape stuff, then we could all borrow/lend them around for all to see. Was a GREAT money maker on pay per view events. LOL

I thought the show was wonderful. Brought up a few issues in my own life that I guess I nev realized. The biggie was when Chaz talked about how he hate photos. Im the same way, and just realized it WAS bc I hated the way I looked, and didnt want to be seen/remembered in a female body.
I hav as many pics of me from last 2 yrs as, I hav of my whole life.

I applaud him for allowing us all to share in his journey.
Camo Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Camo Eagle For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #34
DomnNC
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camo Eagle View Post
Kinda why I miss the old days of VHS. Used to tape stuff, then we could all borrow/lend them around for all to see. Was a GREAT money maker on pay per view events. LOL

I thought the show was wonderful. Brought up a few issues in my own life that I guess I nev realized. The biggie was when Chaz talked about how he hate photos. Im the same way, and just realized it WAS bc I hated the way I looked, and didnt want to be seen/remembered in a female body.
I hav as many pics of me from last 2 yrs as, I hav of my whole life.

Exactly!!!

I applaud him for allowing us all to share in his journey.
Me too, I thought he handled the documentary quite well indeed.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DomnNC For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #35
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I just watched it. Very nice that it was open, honest and wasn't just the positive or fairy tale aspects. Granted, it's still from a public person's view it's still one of the better documentaries on trans guys I've seen.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 05-10-2011, 10:32 PM   #36
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

It's on here now...Awesome
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:42 AM   #37
Scuba

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Flying Solo

Thanked 8,048 Times in 1,618 Posts
Scuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST ReputationScuba Has the BEST Reputation

Fantastic documentary!! Thanks to Chaz and Jen for opening up to the public. It took a lot of courage, on both of their parts, to expose themselves as they did in the film AND as they do in the aftermath of the film. Thanks to Oprah for stepping outside of the "mainstream" box and providing a safe, comfortable space for the airing of this film. I laughed, I cried and I celebrated!!
Scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scuba For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2011, 07:45 AM   #38
diamondrose

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,895 Times in 923 Posts
diamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputationdiamondrose Has the BEST Reputation

I really enjoyed the show!!
diamondrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:51 AM   #39
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,909 Times in 1,862 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

I liked the documentary; while I did not issue press releases or ask that my transition be filmed, I related to Chaz a great deal. I particularly enjoyed the interview with Rosie O'Donnell, which followed "Becoming Chaz."
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #40
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Like Scubadyke said, "I laughed, I cried, I celebrated"!

I applaud Chaz for allowing the mainstream media to follow his transition and being able to show people a transgender familiar face. The documentary was open, honest and well done. I like the way they portrayed not only Chaz's transition, but his loved ones transition, too.

*Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and say it, those damn hairless cats freaked me out!*
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post: