Old 01-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
ButchEire
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanent ban 3/17/2013 - TROLL
Relationship Status:
Partner to my best friend

Thanked 1,874 Times in 485 Posts
ButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST ReputationButchEire Has the BEST Reputation
Default Becoming "Me."

After YEARS of thought, counseling and struggling to fight against my own identity, I guess it's time for me to "come out." I am, and have always been, male. I look fairly male, I certainly act and think male and often sound male, even without hormone supplementation. I have never felt anything but male and never felt the need to identify as anything else, although for convenience sake, i've used butch. Easier however, doesn't make life better and i've also found that my relationships have always come to some sort of impasse about my male-ness. Nothing bad, mind you, but nothing that would allow me to live as a complete human being, physically or psychologically.

I now need to take the steps necessary to make this dream a reality, or this reality tangible. I work, full time, for myself but insurance rates went sky high in the past couple of months, and I could not live and pay the excessive cost. Since then, i've been looking for employment that includes benefits, at least part time. Months of looking, interviewing and sending off hundreds of resumes has made the struggle even more difficult. I may have to look outside of this area to find work, and admittedly, I do live in an area that has a lousy unemployment rate (close to 10%). I'm already researching doctors both in this area and others, for the initial counseling necessary and the subsequent T injections. I'm not afraid at all. In fact, i'm excited to finally be ME. I know friends (IRL) already have a great deal of hesitation about anyone who transitions. When i've broached the subject, they react in recoil, with jokes that thinly veil underlying discomfort or outright repulsion. Not my problem and if they can't handle my truth, someone else will.
ButchEire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
sanee66

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

sanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations on doing this and going for what you want, no matter what others may think. You have to live your life for you, and if that makes some people uncomfortable, then so be it. You go for it and keep the faith whatever that may be, that you will get what you want, what you need, and what you deserve.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
sanee66

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

sanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputation

also I meant to say that in "becoming you" it seems that "you" were always "you", outward appearances may change, but the inner workings of yourself, mind, thoughts, feelings, are the same, and the people who know and love you should also know and understand this.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #4
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Good for you!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

One can only be who one is, glad you are getting to be you.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
Daziling

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Daziling is on a distinguished road

That is wonderful!
Daziling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Daziling For This Useful Post:
Old 03-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #7
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

Congrats on making the decision to follow your truth
You have the right to be authentically YOU, never let anyone tell you differently. Good luck on your journey!
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post: