stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
engaged to my fiancee Amanda

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation
Talking HS Reunions

Just received the invite for my 5 year HS reunion. Can't believe I've been outta HS that long already. Anyone have any experience with reunions? (note I had a largely positive experience)
stephfromMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stephfromMIT For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
Corkey
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Very Married

Thanked 29,299 Times in 6,640 Posts
Corkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST ReputationCorkey Has the BEST Reputation

4 years until my 40th....yea I'm old. Enjoy it if you go. I never went.
"Many proposals have been made to us to adopt your laws, your religion, your manners and your customs. We would be better pleased with beholding the good effects of these doctrines in your own practices, than with hearing you talk about them".
~Old Tassel, Chief of the Tsalagi (Cherokee)
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corkey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I went to my 10 year. Was voted "least changed since graduation". Now, that was not exactly a compliment. I was just 28 so it wasn't necessarily about looks.

I'm thinking it was more about my clothes. LOL. Anyway. I had a blast!!!!
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #4
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

I opted out of attending my high school 25th reunion because high school to me represented nothing but isolation and misery.

I heard through the grapevine afterwards though - and this was confirmed by my mother - that teachers had named me 'the girl most likely to blow up the building'.

At least they remembered me.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #5
weatherboi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Owned boy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey boy!!!
Relationship Status:
counting freckles slowly under Her direction!!!

Thanked 12,559 Times in 2,993 Posts
weatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputationweatherboi Has the BEST Reputation

I attended my 10 year reunion. It was a lot of fun and everybody was really nice to me unlike my experience in school. I am glad I braved it, gave people the benefit of the doubt and went. I am planning on attending my 30th if it is possible.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
Beloved

How Do You Identify?:
alive
Preferred Pronoun?:
um
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 1,653 Times in 298 Posts
Beloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST ReputationBeloved Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

My school had a 10 year. I didn't go. It was really expensive and if I really want to keep in touch with you I would have. Now with things like Facebook, I wonder if reunions will die out. It's much easier to find people now.
Beloved is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Beloved For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #7
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I went to my 10th, I really did not want to as High School was not the greatest time in my life. Not that school or friends were an issue, just my life in general. However, a friend convinced me to go.

I was glad I went, it was good to see everyone in a different light. See how much high school really doesn't matter. I reconnected with people, but mostly I just let some things go.

I am coming up on 30 years soon, they didn't have a 25th, I wonder if they will have a 30th. I don't know if I would go. There really is no one I need to see. Everyone I want to talk to I do, FaceBook is good for that.

Will FaceBook and other social media be the end of High School reunions?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 07:04 PM   #8
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

either we didn't have a 5-year or i didn't get an invite, lol i don't know if i'll go to my 10th, it depends a lot on money and living situation when it rolls around. i might go just because it'd be a good time to see people i went to college with, or to visit my sister. or to see my teachers - i'm still in touch with a few of my hs teachers.

my situation is a little weird because i graduated high school early, and i didn't know most of the people i graduated with - i don't remember a lot of them and i doubt they'll remember me. i also just am not big on these sorts of things...i skipped college graduation, my degree and diploma are in a box somewhere. i went to hs graduation because it was required.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words View Post
I opted out of attending my high school 25th reunion because high school to me represented nothing but isolation and misery.
this too. i have friends who enjoyed high school and i just. don't. get. it. i was suicidally depressed the whole time and spent all of my time dancing and studying. i didn't have friends. i'm glad there are people who enjoyed high school, and i'm much more social and happy as a person now, but i absolutely hated it.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #10
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
this too. i have friends who enjoyed high school and i just. don't. get. it. i was suicidally depressed the whole time and spent all of my time dancing and studying. i didn't have friends. i'm glad there are people who enjoyed high school, and i'm much more social and happy as a person now, but i absolutely hated it.
I was lucky. I loved high school and my androgynous presentation was accepted.

That said, one of my closest friends in high school was President of the Senior class and has been rather lax on having reunions. No one heard from her past the 5 year one she put together. Hopefully, she will get together a 25 year reunion. Some random kids had a 20 year one, but I didn't go.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #11
Babyangeleyez

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Babyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST ReputationBabyangeleyez Has the BEST Reputation

I went to my 10th reunion. It was good to see everyone. It felt a little awkward for me. People that I was "friends" with in h.s. wasn't very friendly to me and the people I wasn't friends with at all, were very nice to me. I was surprised they even knew who I was...LoL. I did not attend the 20th reunion in 2008. I had just lost my son 3 months before and I wasn't up for people asking about my kids,definitely wasn't up for questions about his passing and sure didn't wanna hear about others kids. I'm really hoping we have a 25th. I would attend that.
Babyangeleyez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babyangeleyez For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #12
ruby_woo

How Do You Identify?:
queer femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
her/she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,941 Times in 376 Posts
ruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputationruby_woo Has the BEST Reputation

My 10 year was a couple of years ago and I didn't go. I went to school in Ohio, and I wasn't about to spend $600+ on a plane ticket to hang out with folks I didn't like all that much the first time around. Everyone I want to remain in touch with I talk to on Facebook, anyway.
ruby_woo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruby_woo For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #13
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

I went to my 10 year. I was pregnant so I could not even escape in alcohol-lol. I paid a lot of money to listen to a lot of small minded women (and it really was the women) say things like "OMG, did you see how FAT person X got" and "Did you hear the person Y is a LESBIAN now" and "Yeah, person Z still looks like a train wreck, I don't even know why she bothers."

Last year my 20 year rolled around. Those same girls coordinated it-through Facebook so I got to see tons of posts about how anyone wanting to attend needed to get their money ($175) in by a certain date or there would be no DJ or bar or whatever indulgence they were looking to book. It really got to the point of sounding like a threat.

About two months before the reunion weekend, another group invited ALL graduates for dinner & drinks & socializing at a local bar-no charge except what you personally wanted to purchase. But, they planned it for the same Saturday night.

The drama queens had a fit!!! More Facebook drama.

I finally told them "No" when I found out that the single ticket I needed would be $175-same price as a couples ticket. Hell no-do you know what I can buy with $175?

Within about three days of my RSVP, they contacted me asking if I would help since they had heard that I was a successful fundraiser for a non-profit group. Could I help them raise the money they needed, even though I was not coming?

I said "No" but I wanted to say "No. This lesbian has gained a lot of weight and really does not want to subject herself to your close mindedness anymore." I removed all of them (even my high school BFF) from my FB page and it was the best feeling ever!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #14
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default 30th coming up

yeah that's right, Class of 82

i went to my 5th and 20th
high school was a bit of a roller coaster for me, but i did have some good friends. i am looking forward to the 30th, G-Snap is going with me.
i have transitioned since, so it will be an interesting night. I went to an alumni basketball tourney a few years ago and played in the men's game. only a handful of people recognized me. lol

i have been in touch with several of my classmates on fb and seems like there will be several of us. there were only 165 in our graduating class, less than 600 in the whole school (9th-12th)

we are having it the same place we had our 20th, a little dive sports bar in Henderson KY (fancy huh?)
i prefer it that way though. it will be low key.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #15
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I had a positive high school education and experience, for the most part.

I went to my 10th H.S. reunion and had a lot of fun, it was very informal and everyone was in good spirits and pretty nice to one another.

My 20th reunion was this summer past and I didn't get to it; I wasn't feeling it and I had a number of other things going on around the same time, so I didn't make the effort. I would go again though, if it were convenient.

I am from a small town and a small graduating class, I maintain relationships with a handful of my former classmates and teachers but the rest I'm happy to see on facebook or every 10-20 years, at my leisure.

Tags
reunion