Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Jobs, Help, Roommates Etc

Times are tough and I know a lot of people struggling. I didn't see a thread so I figured I'd start one. This is to post for people to hire, roommates and those seeking jobs. Please be sure to put your city and state at the start or change the subject on your post.

Perhaps you can offer help for moving, heavy cleaning, painting etc. Rather then pay someone why not give someone here a shot that lives maybe 100 mile away? Just be clear on your expectation and what you each other. Having been down this road many times its easy to have a misunderstanding. I believe in putting things in writing not as a legal tool but so that both parties can visually see what they are agreeing to. Believe it or not it makes a difference.

I had a friend, someone from here who flew in to help me for two months. Not only did we get to play and have a good time but we were able to help each other. She needed the break, the extra money was nice and I not only got a bit of help but someone of like mind to break up my busy day.

Please also feel free to give feed back, tips etc. whatever you feel would be helpful.

I know its difficult to trust some of these situations, it can be hit or miss. Sometimes more miss then hit but this could also be the case outside of our queer hemisphere.

So if you're looking for help, can offer help or want a roommate post it here with your expectations and details. As with any contact you should thoroughly check them out and get references.

Last edited by Sachita; 09-15-2012 at 08:13 AM.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

Great idea for a thread! I am near Upstate NY near Albany. With me being sick recently, I could probably have a list a mile long, but don't have the time to post right now. I will post later. I am all about helping out my fellow Planeteers. Thanks for a great idea!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

I need an electrician! If anyone is near San Diego and can replace a main box, ground my house and replace a circuit in my bathroom that keeps blowing. I need someone who is licensed for documentation purposes when I sell in the future. Thanks!

Starry
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Southern Virginia Farm Help

I had someone helping me since early this year who will be leaving the end of the month to return to family. My business is expanding and my own personal needs more evolved. I am seeking not just a worker but a special soul who can assist me in life & I them.

I am seeking an energetic, physically able, positive attitude, dog and animal loving person. The job requires some lifting, cleaning animal areas which means using a pitch fork, shovel, heavy mop and broom. It often means getting up at 7am to go and check on everyone, give large buckets of water twice a day, have a good attitude around the dogs, never a crappy dismissing disposition. Someone that can walk a 140 pound dog and not be intimidated. I need someone that is somewhat of a self starter and will do what needs to be done without a blow blow account of each task. This person genuinely loves animals, being around them, being outside and living in the country.

I am seeking someone who can run errands, help with the house and able to see a long term vision rather then just get by. They are motivated and ready for an awesome journey.

I offer private room and shared house with cable, internet, cell phone and 125.00 a week cash. You have no bills except your own food. The right person will also be eligible for bonuses based on performance. If they are handy they would be paid extra for repairs outside of their job description.
As we grow and expand I may also at some point consider health insurance for the right person. The job requires at least 30 to 40 hours a week. You may work a few hours in the morning, take a break a few hours, return later. I'm very flexible as long as your work gets done and all animals have fresh water and clean living space. I've seen some people get the job done in 30 hours while others need more.

No drugs, no heavy drinking, I prefer someone that doesnt smoke but will consider a casual smoker (I do not allow smoking in the house or animals areas so if you need to take a smoke break every 30 min this job is not for you), no drama or bad attitudes. The farm has a very special energy but is easily effected by negativity or someone who can not dial in.

I would consider a trial if you'd like to see if you can commit to this but this is not a vacation. You provide your own transportation and you must be willing to provide a standard background check. I'm not interested in your credit score or any of that shit. I am interested in any criminal activity. I would also want at least two verifiable job references & personal references. Basically what many employers would expect today.

I have people in my area I can hire but at this point in my life I'm looking for a style of living and to be around others of like mind. (Queers) I'm looking for a family type person who wants to contribute the betterment of our home and life on the farm.

In addition the full time worker I have an extra room and would also consider exchanging room, cable and internet in exchange for 20 hours a week to help out. It involves no pay and the same expectation as above applies.

Please email me at tamara@dancingcreekfarm.com with an introduction and tell me why you think you may be a good fit. A little background and a resume if you have one.

Thank you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #5
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenleahangel View Post
Great idea for a thread! I am near Upstate NY near Albany. With me being sick recently, I could probably have a list a mile long, but don't have the time to post right now. I will post later. I am all about helping out my fellow Planeteers. Thanks for a great idea!

I bet there are lots of people close to you that would love to help and make a little extra cash. We all need help these days.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default ^5 Sachita! Excellent thread!

Incredible thread! Thanks for starting this! Have a wonderful day!!! "subscribing"
Old 09-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #7
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums
Default Animal Transport

I occasional have the need for someone to transport a dog to our facility. Many dog owners don't want to put them in cargo or they just find it easier to hire someone to drive them. If you live on the east coast, have transportation and the time to do something like this let me know. The pay is only 10.00 per hour but they pay your gas and if its over 6 hours one way we require one night in a budget hotel.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #8
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Brilliant idea. Subscribing.

I travel often. I am a writer but would gladly entertain helping others in different parts of the country that needed it. My needs are being able to go different places and meet people which gives me material (with names and such changed) to work with. And... I do not mean the people I am might be helping, I mean the coffee shop patron, the grocery store clerk and general folks out in the world who are rich fodder for a writer's mind.

Am able bodied and can do a wide variety of house/handy work.

~Bleu
bleuzette.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #9
StrongButch

How Do You Identify?:
I see the world thru a lens
Preferred Pronoun?:
Yes Boss
Relationship Status:
Chillin out with awesome women

Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,179 Posts
StrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST ReputationStrongButch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Jobs

Great post Ill be looking for a helper soon myself. Can you refer a company that does backround checks? Im new to this
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StrongButch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 10:56 AM   #10
Bleu

How Do You Identify?:
Bleu

Thanked 2,700 Times in 733 Posts
Bleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST ReputationBleu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongButch View Post
Great post Ill be looking for a helper soon myself. Can you refer a company that does backround checks? Im new to this
One thought on background checks is that the person you are interested in possibly hiring can go to the local Sheriff's office and get a record printed from that state/county/town that would show whether or not they had a record there. It is specific to that area/state, but when I had rentals this was a great way for me to weed out folks with bad records.

If that person has moved recently then you might want to have them obtain one from the previous state... for instance, take me, for example...you'd want one from Maryland and New Mexico just to CYA.

These reports cost between $10-$30 but that is nominal compared to a full background check which are expensive and time consuming. This coupled with a credit report might do the trick...? I think a lot of intuition will come into play too.
The gut is never wrong.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bleu For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #11
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,688 Times in 7,716 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

www.intellius.com is available online, for a fee...I have no experience with it, just see ads for it online....
Old 09-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #12
thedivahrrrself

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Sapiosexual Femme
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Grumpy Cat

1 Highscore
Tournaments Won: 4

Thanked 11,662 Times in 2,292 Posts
thedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputationthedivahrrrself Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Any managers (HR, quality, sales, supply chain, maintenance, operations, engineering, R&D, etc..) or engineers, particularly in the manufacturing sector, I'd be glad to help.

Many of my clients offer relocation packages. And for info on Tulsa, check out my Don't Hate the 918 thread.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedivahrrrself For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #13
Hominid

How Do You Identify?:
Male with interesting historical perspective
Relationship Status:
Taking Applications

Hominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST ReputationHominid Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Okay, I'll take a shot. I desperately need a roommate for nominal help with the bills. The problem (benefit?) is I have three dogs. I'm not home much, working long hours to try to get hold of my finances. Basically, a student or someone who wants more than an apartment would be ideal. I have a decent sized house, pool, hot tub (if I can get it fixed); I live in a great little area in a great town. I am surrounded by waterfalls, right on the bike path, and a river wraps around the property. Full cable, bills included - let the dogs out and feed them when I'm not around. There is a finished basement that would be great - room enough for a bedroom and a sitting area. Storage space for your stuff. Washer/dryer, etc - short walk from the bus stop - rent would be $500, maybe I can knock $100 if you're willing to take on little fix up projects. Perfect for a student, a decent amount of privacy. I'm very laid back and see this as an opportunity for someone to have cheaper rent in an expensive area with more room and amenities, in a nice area. Obviously, must like dogs!! In Leeds, MA. I have a bed I can move to the larger room if you need one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hominid For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #14
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I am going to be looking for someone with nursing background, who has experience in utilization review for behavioral health facilities. You can work from home as long as you have reliable internet access. It will be part time hours each week. I need someone with basic knowledge of insurance for this position.

Perfect for someone who needs part time work-from-home hours.

APG
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #15
Mike
In Loving Memory and Many Thanks

Relationship Status:
connected, emotionally and physically

Thanked 2,456 Times in 416 Posts
Mike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST Reputation

two job openings at the sf lgbt center, can be found here

http://www.sfcenter.org/employment.php
Old 09-15-2012, 01:45 PM   #16
Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Member Photo Albums

I'll come back. I'm slammed.

I think it would be easier for everyone if you put your state and the nature of your post right up top.

Example:

Southern Virginia- Seeking Full Time Worker

or

Leeds, MA- Seeking Roomate

NYC- Need painter

This way people can scroll through easier.

Thanks
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #17
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
I'll come back. I'm slammed.

I think it would be easier for everyone if you put your state and the nature of your post right up top.

Example:

Southern Virginia- Seeking Full Time Worker

or

Leeds, MA- Seeking Roomate

NYC- Need painter

This way people can scroll through easier.

Thanks

That certainly makes good sense as I read through all these posts
and thought how nice it would be to know what I'm reading and from where before I start to read.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #18
Gentle Tiger

How Do You Identify?:
As a Tiger of course
Preferred Pronoun?:
Not the Old Man
Relationship Status:
Two Tigers

Thanked 15,995 Times in 3,996 Posts
Gentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST ReputationGentle Tiger Has the BEST Reputation

While we believe that the intentions of this thread are good, it is not one that we can have on the site for the protection of the site and our community. Such a thread is a serious potential for drama based on past experience.

Thank you for understanding.
Malcolm (Moderator)

The Following User Says Thank You to Gentle Tiger For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
jobs, roommate