Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #1
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I'm about to start "Monkey trials & gorilla sermons", one I got for Christmas. It's an account of creation/evolution that seeks to show how evolution is not at odds with Christian beliefs. Goes through the history of the two trains of thought, ending by showing they can co-exist. Oh, and the author is Peter J. Bowler.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation
Default Book swap anyone?

warwick...
Monkey trials is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you wish to read more...I will send u monkey girl its about the recent evolution/creation trial that went on in pennsylvania a few years ago. send me a private message and i will send u the book.

That goes for anyone really...we can mail books to one another as part of this thread.. A lot of what I read tho is on my kindle....but when i do buy a book i am more than happy to send to to anyone...long as they promise to pass it on to the next person.

I also currently have a copy of Dan Brown's the lost symbol if anyone wants to borrow...just email me your address.. (i send media mail so dont expect it in 2 days more like 8)

Oh speaking of an outstanding read........................ The boy who harnassed the wind!!!!!!...I just read it today..... wowowwowwowowow
its a true story. .. excellent excellent excellent. If you liked 3 cups of tea or the novel out stealing horses.....you will find this book worth reading..

About an hour ago I started "Stones into schools" written by the same author who wrote 3 cups of tea......tho to get my brain functioning i am going to re-read 3 cups of tea then read stones into schools....they are stand alones but....i think the connectiveness of them will be better appreciated and understood by doing it (they r on my kindle so i cant lent them to ya)
Old 12-29-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation
Default Half the Sky.....anyone read it?

I had to write this.

I read approximately 20 books a week....it is rare that a book has such a profound effect/affect on me.

This book had me in tears before I even finished reading the Introduction
It had me angry by the second page, it had me and still has me held captive.

I had to stop reading this book to write this. i have written an email and sent it to about 100 different people already saying OMG you have to read this book.
I joined the Book of the month club just so I could order 4 copies of this book for a dollar so I can give them to people I pray will read it and not just read it but after having read it say....I am going to do something and do something now! And I pray not just stop with the words but invest time, money, what ever it takes...
Hopefully I have piqued your interest in "Half the Sky", and those that have already read it....omg....we need a thread just about "half the Sky" to talk.

dean thoreau

Half the Sky
by Sheryl WuDunn, Nicholas D. Kristof
it was published Sept 09...... I can not believe it took me this long to find it...u can get it at amazon for 1/2 price...(14.00) paperback will be out in May 2010..please do not wait that long to read it.....If you truly do not have the money to purchase it or a library you can borrow it from...PM me , i will be more than happy to make sure you get a copy u can pass to another after u have read it.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #4
Darth Denkay

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm good with whatever
Relationship Status:
in love and loved

Darth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST ReputationDarth Denkay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Okay, so this book is freaking amazing and we all need to read it. Can I ask what it's about???

And thanks for the offer of the book. I'll let you know after I finish this one.

Happy Reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
I had to write this.

I read approximately 20 books a week....it is rare that a book has such a profound effect/affect on me.

This book had me in tears before I even finished reading the Introduction
It had me angry by the second page, it had me and still has me held captive.

I had to stop reading this book to write this. i have written an email and sent it to about 100 different people already saying OMG you have to read this book.
I joined the Book of the month club just so I could order 4 copies of this book for a dollar so I can give them to people I pray will read it and not just read it but after having read it say....I am going to do something and do something now! And I pray not just stop with the words but invest time, money, what ever it takes...
Hopefully I have piqued your interest in "Half the Sky", and those that have already read it....omg....we need a thread just about "half the Sky" to talk.

dean thoreau

Half the Sky
by Sheryl WuDunn, Nicholas D. Kristof
it was published Sept 09...... I can not believe it took me this long to find it...u can get it at amazon for 1/2 price...(14.00) paperback will be out in May 2010..please do not wait that long to read it.....If you truly do not have the money to purchase it or a library you can borrow it from...PM me , i will be more than happy to make sure you get a copy u can pass to another after u have read it.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Currently reading, The Lesbian History Sourcebook: love and sex between women in Britain from 1780 to 1970, by Alison Oram and Annmarie Turnbull

and

Boots of Leather, Slippers of Gold, Elizabeth Lapovsky Kennedy and Madeline D. Davis.

The first I picked up for only $3.00 used and is good if you have an interest in the subject matter.

The second probably needs no description and is something I should have had on my shelf long ago!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2010, 05:01 AM   #6
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,662 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation
Default Making Rounds with Oscar

The extraordinary gift of an ordinary cat by David Dosa MD.

Oscar is one of the resident cats in an Alzheimers unit in a Rhode Island nursing. He is basically antisocial until he senses someone is near the end of life. Then Oscar will sit with them and their families during the dying process and wont leave until the deceased is removed.

Kind of reality story that makes your soul sigh.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #7
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,115 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

books.

favorite classics:

Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte

"Mr. Rochester: Sometimes I have the strangest feeling about you. Especially when you are near me as you are now. It feels as though I had a string tied here under my left rib where my heart is, tightly knotted to you in a similar fashion. And when you go to Ireland, with all that distance between us, I am afraid that this cord will be snapped, and I shall bleed inwardly."

Villette - Charlotte Bronte

"No mockery in this world ever sounds to me so hollow as that of being told to cultivate happiness. What does such advice mean? Happiness is not a potato."

Ruth - Elizabeth Gaskell

Wives and Daughters - Elizabeth Gaskell

other favorites:

Flowers in the Attic - VC Andrews

Dolores Claiborne & Rose Madder - Stephen King

The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle

"You cannot find yourself by going into the past. You can find yourself by coming into the present"

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
Leigh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, etc
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 13,026 Times in 4,786 Posts
Leigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST ReputationLeigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxxi
Flowers in the Attic - VC Andrews

That is one of My all-time favorite books, and authors as well ....... I've always loved VC Andrews, and hopefully I'll be able to get back into her books one day

I'm also a big fan of Lisa Jackson and Raymond Khoury
Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:52 PM   #9
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,115 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braedon View Post
That is one of My all-time favorite books, and authors as well ....... I've always loved VC Andrews, and hopefully I'll be able to get back into her books one day

I'm also a big fan of Lisa Jackson and Raymond Khoury
i love VC Andrews as well. i think i have all her originals.

will have to check out those other two.

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #10
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,592 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I am tolly into the Jacqueline Carey books right now? Anybody else?

Kushiel's Dart
Kushiel's Chosen
Kushiel's Scion
Kushiel's Justice
Kushiel's Mercy???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kushiel's_Legacy

also waiting in the wings the newest Sookie Stackhouse and reading off and on from Neal Stephenson's Baroque Cycle

And need to read The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks for book club next month
dark_crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dark_crystal For This Useful Post: